• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 703 Views, 12 Comments

Hearthfire The Sands Of Time - Predman1227

  • ...
6
 12
 703

Chapter 20:Broken Secrets

Chapter 20:Broken secrets


(Summer Haze)

Seven years ago.

Haze lay curled up in a ball under her blue and yellow star covers in her bedroom. Her skin felt like it was a fire in so many places from all the blisters and rashes that dotted her tiny body. Her fur was almost completely gone save for a few patches on her back and chest. Her mane was in tatters, shorter now than it was before. Everything hurt, everything itched, she couldn’t even cuddle her favourite toy dog for comfort it just hurt too much. Her hooves were wrapped in blood soaked bandages since chunks started peeling and dropping off and then there were her shoulders. The skin on top of her shoulder blades started to split and open painfully. They bled so much they had to be bandaged too. “What’s happening to me?” Haze thought, as stinging tears ran down her sore face.
It was 8:25pm at night and Haze could hear Aunty Stela arguing with Uncle Pepper downstairs about her condition they had been doing this for hours.

Aunty Stela was shouting at the top of her lungs and so was Uncle Pepper, saying things like. “What’s wrong with her?!” Or “Is it an infection from the Barrier Land?!” And “What are we going to do?!”

Aunty Stela was a nurse with much medical knowledge but if she didn’t know what’s wrong with her then…the mere thought of it was terrifying. “Am I gunna die?” Haze thought. “I don’t wanna die, I don’t want to end up like Mother.”

She didn’t know how she managed it but she must have fallen asleep because the shouting had stopped and her light was suddenly on. The brightness stung her eyes like angry bees. Her vision was all red at the edges and the pain pulsed through her head. She heard Aunty Stela’s voice and she was whispering softly to her. “Summer? Summer sweetie.” Haze through her squinted eyes looked over to the door though she didn’t move her head. Aunty Stela and Uncle Pepper were standing at the door, the worry and fear on their faces was clear as day. Aunty Stela smiled though it was a fake smile but it comforted Haze just seeing it. “We got somepony to help you, a doctor.”

That was great news a doctor. Maybe this doctor could figure out what’s wrong with her and cure her. “W-when is he coming?” Haze wheezed. Her throat was so sore and full of glut her every word was gurgled.

“He’s right here.” She moved aside to let the said doctor in the room. He was a middle-aged Unicorn with a pale yellow coat and silver mane. His cutie mark was a test tub with bubbles coming out of it and he wore a white medical jacket.

His face was strict looking with intelligent brown eyes but he smiled for Haze. “Hello there little Miss Summer Haze.” The doctor introduced himself in a deep English accent. “My name is Doctor Fredric and I’ll be taking a look at you to see if I can tell what’s going on with your health.”

Haze was surprised her Aunty and Uncle managed to get a doctor here so quick. “Uh…ok, sure that sounds great.” Haze mumbled weakly.

While Aunty Stela and Uncle Pepper stayed near the door comforting each other Doctor Fredric approached Haze’s bed. He came up beside her and put the brown leather bag he was carrying down. With his magic he hovered out a small penlight and Haze dreaded what came next. “Ok I need you to open your eyes so I can look at them. Can you do that for me?” Haze nodded and moved her head to let him see her eyes. Her star covered pillow peeled off her face and she cringed as the pain flared up. He shone the light in her eyes and it burned. The Doctor spoke as he examined her “Hmmm very blood shot but the pupils seem to react normally to bright light.” He then looked at her skin. “The fur seems to have shed reviling the skin underneath though the pigmentation seems darker than it should be. Skin’s health seems poor with rashes and inflammation everywhere.” He brought out what looked to be an ear-bud. He pocked her skin with it but the bud’s softness made it hurt less. “Hmmm your skin seems harder than it normally should be.” He put away the bud and brought out what looked like an ice-lolly stick. “Ok I’m going to check your throat so I need you to say aaaa.” Haze did so but her “aaa” was a painful gurgle. “Ok let’s see wh…” The doctor paused and looked surprised. “Um Mrs Haze?” He looked back at Aunty Stela in confusion. “I thought you said on the phone her teeth fell out…all of them?”

Aunty Stela looked puzzled, so did Uncle Pepper and ever Haze herself. Haze clamped her jaws together and sure enough her teeth were there, solid and real. They weren’t there before she fell asleep and now…now they were just there like they never fell out at all. “But…but they were?” Aunty Stela explained. She came up to Haze and asked. “Summer open your mouth?” Haze opened her mouth despite the pain and Aunty Stela looked shocked.
“How is that possible?” Aunty Stela asked with a blank expression but her eyes were wide, just staring at Haze’s mouth.

“Let me see.” Haze demanded, her wooziness momentarily forgotten.

Uncle Pepper brought over a small mirror and let Haze see herself. Haze felt her spirit shrink when she saw the state she was in. Her skin was darker in some places like the doctor said but what had her attention the most were her teeth. They…they were perfect, pure white, clean and healthy but there was something off. Two of her upper front teeth were pointed like tiny, tiny fangs. She looked at herself in horror.

“I swear she had no teeth.” Aunty Stela was freaking out now just a little, her voice sounding breathless. “I even cleaned them up myself they were everywhere.”

The Doctor put a hoof up. “Please be calm. I’m sure there must be an explanation.”

“An explanation?” Aunty Stela scoffed in disbelief. “How do you explain a seven year old filly growing her teeth back hours after they all fell out?!”

The Doctor rubbed the back of his neck looking unsure. “Maybe it’s a growth spurt. Caused by a chemical imbalance from whatever it is that plagues her.”

Aunty Stela looked very sceptical not buying it one bit. “I have never heard or even read about an illness that could cause a thing like this. It’s not physically possible.”

The Doctor sighed. “Look I don’t know yet just let me finish up here please.” He addressed Haze again. “Summer I need you to sit up for me so I can get a better look at you.” Haze nodded. She clenched her new teeth, squinted her eyes shut and with great effort sat up. The pain was almost unbearable as she peeled herself away from the bed, hearing ripping and tearing sounds. When she was in a sitting position Haze opened her eyes and let the tears fall from her face as she breathed in deeply then letting it out shakily. “That’s it at a girl, good job.” He looked at where she had been laying and his eyes widened. Her pillow and upper bed layer was covered in dry patchy blood. Haze’s Aunty gasped at the ugly mess while the doctor kept his cool though he seemed to be wavering. He gulped a little then asked Haze. “Ok now flatten your covers so I can see your hooves.” Haze moved her forelegs and she felt her skin creak and crack with her movement. She flattened her covers and now felt very cold. She shivered as the Doctor looked at her messed up body.
He examined her further. “My, my what’s all this?” He gestured at her shoulders and hooves.

“It’s what we told you on the phone Doctor, her skin on her shoulders just…started splitting.” Uncle Pepper pointed at her bandages. “We did our best to stop the bleeding but…we don’t how it’s…and her hooves they just started peeling…we’ve never seen anything like this.”

“That’s alright.” The Doctor assured. “You done everything you could and it’s good work I must add.” He looked at Haze’s hooves. “Could you help me remove the bandages on her hooves? With your magic if you please. I need to see the damage.” Aunty Stela, Uncle Pepper and the Doctor all used their magic to gently remove her blood-crusted bandages. Even with their care it still hurt a lot as the bandages peeled off her hooves. There was a sickening slimy sound as they peeled them away, revealing her disfigured hooves. Haze wasn’t sobbing but tears of pain still poured from her eyes as the cold air hit her shaking hooves. She looked at her them in confused horror, so did the everypony else. Instead of being pale and pinkish like she expected when you take a plaster off a cut, they were dark almost black. Small blood clotted holes dotted her hooves and travelled up till it hit her wrist joint. They wouldn’t stop shaking and Haze felt sicker now just looking at them.
Even the Doctor looked sickened by the sight of her messed up wounds. “Dear Celestia that doesn’t look good.” He tilted is his head in fascination and disgust. “I have never seen anything like this before.” He looked at Aunty Stela and Uncle Pepper. “Have your hooves shown any signs of what you see before you?”

Aunty Stela looked at her perfectly normal hooves and so did Uncle Pepper. They then looked back up at the doctor and shook their heads. “No.” Aunty Stela stated in confusion. “We haven’t had any of what Haze is showing. What you think it’s contagious?”

The Doctor shook his head. “No I don’t think so.” He shrugged. “I honestly don’t know. Like I said I have never seen anything like what Haze has got here.” He took a deep breath and let it out calm and controlled. “Ok let’s stay calm about this. I just need to take a look at her shoulder blades and then I’ll see if I can get her a place in the hospital.”

“Thank you, oh thank you so much.” Aunty Stela looked like she was almost in tears and Uncle Pepper had to comfort her. “This means so much you doing this for us and Summer.”

“That’s quite alright.” The Doctor smiled kindly and turned back to Haze. “Ok sweetie last check and we’re done.” Haze at this point didn’t care she was already in a lot of pain so a little more couldn’t do much. He used his magic to unwrap her last bandages and same as before it stung to high heaven. As the last of the bandages came off however, the feeling of a releasing pressure on her shoulders washed over her and she could actually breathe better now. “What…w-what is this?” The Doctor stuttered in shock.

Haze was confused. What was shocking him so much? Was her back that bad? It didn’t feel bad in fact what ever he did helped ease the pain. “Is it bad Mr Fredric?” Haze asked. She looked at him and he looked frozen in stunned silence. “Mr Fredric?” She asked is confusion.

Aunty Stela moved over to them. “Doctor what’s wrong? Is it really that…” She froze as well as soon as she saw Haze’s back. Her eyes were so wide and her pupils so small it was actually a little freaky.

“What?” Haze asked when Uncle Pepper was doing the same. They were all so quiet Haze was starting to feel panic rise in her chest. “Can somepony tell me what’s going on? What are you all looking at?” Something buzzed on her back and Haze felt her heart skip a beat as she let out a little gasp. She couldn’t turn her head cause it was so stiff so she glared at the mirror. “Show me.” Haze stated.

Aunty Stela looked dumbfounded at Haze’s demand. “Summer I don’t think…”

Haze screamed at her in a high-pitched sore voice. “SHOW ME!!!” Aunty Stela stunned, took the mirror in her magic and shakily hovered over, positioning it by Haze’s side. She looked into the mirror and what she saw stunned her speechless. From the rips in her shoulder blades two, what looked to be see-through bug wings were growing out of her. They were small and they buzzed which made Haze jump in fright. She was breathless, cold and scared. “What’s happening to me?” She thought as she continued to stare at herself. “Are those…wings? How is that possible?”

While Haze was speechless the Doctor coughed and looked at Aunty Stela and Uncle Pepper. “Could I speak with you two somewhere private?” He gave Haze a look so dirty she was taken aback. “We’re…done now. You can go back to resting.”

He picked up his bag and left the room without another word. Haze’s Aunty and Uncle looked on in confusion and slowly followed after him. While they all left her room Haze kept that image in her mind. “That way he looked at me…” Haze thought as she stared at her own eyes in the mirror. “It was like he saw a…a monster. Am…am I a monster now?”
She suddenly heard Aunty Stela scream and Haze jumped with fright.

“NO…no you can’t do this!” Aunty Stela screamed in grief. Haze had to move she needed to get off of the bed. She painfully stood on all four of her hooves and edged toward the edge. She lowered her back legs first and gently slid off the bed. All her joints hurt and her scabby hooves kept sticking to the carpet with each step she took.

She made it through the open doorway and hobbled to the stairs. She could hear the Doctor speaking as she limped down the steep stairs. “I’m sorry but I have no choice in the matter.”

“There’s always a choice!” Aunty Stela yelled. She sounded like she was crying. “Please she’s all I have left of my sister please don’t do this please, please!”

“I’m sorry.” Haze made it to the bottom and all eyes turned to her. Uncle Pepper was quietly holding Aunty Stela as she cried and the Doctor had a cold, calculated look in his eyes as he glared at her. He said as he looked at her with no emotion. “ But I must inform the royal guard while there’s still time to deal with this…threat.”

Haze stared at him dumbfounded and terrified. “What is he talking about?” She thought. “I’m not a threat. Why…why would he think…”

He spoke one more time. “Keep that…her in her room till the guard arrive to take her. I do this to protect us all.” He turned, having nothing more to say and left the house. Aunty Stela screamed after him, running to the door. “NO come back here there must be another way!” She collapsed at the door and buried her face in her forelegs half screaming and half crying.

Haze stared at her as she sobbed, her mind blank. Then Uncle Pepper came up to her and she looked at his face. He was crying too and he put a hoof on her left shoulder careful not to touch…her wing. “Summer I’m…I’m so sorry.” He pulled her close and hugged her tight. “Please forgive us. Please forgive for what we going to do.” Haze didn’t know what to think and her mind went dark as her body went numb.

(Present day)

Everything was so foggy and muffled. Pain throbbed in her brain as she slowly opened her eyes. She groaned. “Ohhhh what…what happened?” Haze’s vision was blurry and she was having trouble remembering what she had been doing. There was singing followed by laughter, then a sharp pain and then nothing. She could hear voices but they were muffled. She also found it hard to move like her forelegs were glued to her sides and she could feel something was around her horn. She lifted her head stiffly and noticed a blurry blue, grey, purple blob in front of her almost a meter away. She tried to blink to clear her sight and soon the blob took on features. Legs, a head, curvy body, wings…
Her vision cleared and she found herself staring at Sapphire. She was tied up with rope and was propped up against a wooden wall. That wall was connected to a wooden roof and more walls around them. Haze looked around. They were in some sort of cabin from the looks of it and it must be multi roomed since the one they were in was so small and empty with only one window. She tried to moved but discovered she was tied up just like Sapphire who was very quiet. Haze looked over her shoulder to see what she was tied to and discovered she was tied to Violet who was also very quiet. “What’s going on?” Haze asked as she struggled in her bonds. “How did we get here? Where’s Theran?” She looked at Sapphire who was just staring at her blankly. “Is she ok?” Haze wondered. “Hay?!” She called out to Sapphire. “Sapph, tell me what’s happening?”
Again she just kept staring, her features twitching a bit now and then. Haze was confused at her friend’s oddness. “Sapph what’s wrong? Why are you looking at me like that is there somethi…”
Haze stopped and looked down at her hind legs. From the gap in between her legwarmers and her shorts Haze could see her fur was black now not tan. Her eye widened as a shocking wave of realisation came over her. She looked back up at Sapphire. “Sapph I…I can explain this…just…just let me…”

Sapphire suddenly spoke and she sounded disconnected. “Are you…are you her…the real Haze?”

Haze was taken aback by that question so much it stunned her. “What? Why would you…YES, yes it’s me Sapph it’s me I’m the Summer Haze you know. Please you gotta…”

“If…” Sapphire interrupted. “If that’s true then…then you lied to me from the beginning.”

Haze felt her heart crack at hearing those words. “No Sapph it’s not…it’s not what you think…I…I…”

“Oh?!” Sapphire’s voice went up a level and she sounded angry. “Is it not right to think the mare I grow up with from the beginning was not what she appeared to be? That she lied to me to my face for years?”

Haze felt her heart shrink as her friend’s words hit her hard. “Sapphire I…”

“NO!!” Sapphire snapped. “I…I don’t want to hear it, in fact I don’t want to talk to you now…EVER!” She looked away from her Haze, her face twisted in anger with a look of betrayal and tears starting to fall from her eyes.

Haze felt truly heart broken now and she could barely speak. “Sapph…Sapphire you…you don’t mean that. I…I…”

The door to the room suddenly opened with a loud creak and in came three ponies. Two of them where Earth ponies, one male one female while the third was a Unicorn stallion. He had a black and white coat in a sort of stripy pattern, a black mane that when up in a plum and green eyes, darker than Haze’s. The other two were just brown and grey colours and they stayed at the door while the Unicorn approached them. He smiled and looked at them all as he said in a cocky Aussie accent. “Well good to see you’re all finally awake, especially you lass.” He pointed at Violet. “You were the last to go down and yet you were awake before these two.” He then gestured to Haze and Sapphire as he finished. “I must say I’m impressed.”

Haze was so confused as she thought. “Who the hell is this guy? Why dose he look like a Zebra and where is Theran?”

He started pacing and his voice took on a more strict tone. “Right let’s get down to business. My name is Zeek and as you lot might…”

He was interrupted when a huge dog thing that looked nothing like a Wolven, lumbered in front of the open door and called out to Zeek. “Hay boss I’ss did what you’s asked and put the body in storage at the back room.”

“Body?” Haze thought as Zeek wrinkled his face up in anger and turned on the big dog thing.

“What the hell why did you put it in the back room?! Were you not listening? Put the body in the back outside in the hut you stupid mutt!”

The dog lowered his head as he fiddled with his massive paws. “Sowy boss.”

“What are you still doing here?” Zeek asked like an ass. “Go do it go on shoo, shoo!” The dog thing scampered away and Zeek let out a deep sigh. “Diamond dogs, can never relay on them to be smart.”

Haze ignored the Zeek for a moment as she turned her head enough to see Violet’s face. She looked so heart broken and she guessed as to why. “Hay Vi?” She asked her carefully. “Wh-where’s Theran?”

“He’s dead.” Violet replied immediately and with no emotion but that demeanour broke as she glared at Zeek. Her voice cracked as her rage boiled over and she shouted at him. “CAUSE THIS BASTARD KILLED HIM!!!”

It all became clear now. Violet must have watched as Theran was taken down and probably brutally murdered too but she wasn’t worried or upset to hear this. Unlike Violet, Haze knew Theran would come back it was only a matter of time. Still it must have been horrible for her to watch that, Haze knew it was cause she’d seen it happen before. “Oh she’s going to be so mad when Theran shows up.” Haze thought with dread. “The body they were talking about must be Theran. Who ever these guys are they’re going to regret crossing his path.”

“What!?” Sapphire suddenly spoke now and she sounded shocked. “Mr Razorblade is dead!?” She looked at Zeek. “You…how could you, you monster!?”

Zeek seemed taken aback. “Hay there noose I already said it wasn’t personal…well not for me but jobs a job, I ante complaining.”

Violet started growling and struggling against her bonds, which hurt cause Haze was attached to those same bonds. “I’ll kill you!” Violet hissed. “I swear the moment I’m free you’re dead you fucking hear me dead!”

Zeek pretended to rub his eyes as he made a sad little mocking voice. “Oh boo hoo what was he your boyfriend? Get over it you can always find a new one!”

“You mother fucker!” Violet was really struggling now and Haze yelped, as the ropes got too tight. Even though Haze’s skin was a lot tougher and thicker than normal skin the ropes still hurt. Violet screamed at Zeek again. “Have you no moral decency?! He was a living, breathing soul not a fucking pay check!”

“Violet stop you’re hurting me!” Haze yelled.

Zeek looked shocked. “Really I’m offended you’d even ask such a thing. I have morals I’m no mindless monster. True it was such a shame the guy had to go out that way and I’m sorry you had to see that as well but truth be told when somepony offers me and me lads a bounty like this I just can’t refuse.” He chuckled cruelly. “I mean we all have families to feed and what not.”

Violet scowled at him. “I don’t give a shit what you say you are I’m still going to rip you apart!”

Haze had had enough of this and she yelled at Violet. “Violet stop it this isn’t helping!”

“Yeah Violet.” The Zeek sneered. “If I were you I’d listen to the little bug girl.”

Haze didn’t like being called a bug but she ignored him. Violet on the other hand glared side long at Haze in angry confusion. “Why aren’t you upset about this Haze? This bastard killed Theran, your friend your guardian in cold blood. How can you sit there and not be wanting rip his throat out?”

Haze let her anger crack a little and she shouted. “Cause screaming and shouting about it isn’t gunna help any of us, now do us a favour and shut up!”

Violet looked so stunned at Haze she actually stopped speaking. Sapphire then decided to speak and Haze didn’t like what she heard. “Is this what you’re really like Haze? A mean, lying little…”

Haze cut her off as she snapped at her. “I thought you didn’t want to talk to me Sapph like ever? Were YOU lying to me is that it huh?!”

Sapphire was now stunned as well as her mouth hung open in shock. Zeek stomped the floor with one hoof as he got their attention. “Hay, hay everypony settle down.” He started pacing again. “We’ve all had a rough day but it isn’t the end for you. See the contract I was given only had info on you…” he pointed at Haze. “And Theran who is dead now but it never mentioned you two.” He then pointed at Sapphire and Violet. “And now that’s where my new problem lays. See I don’t just murder ponies for the hell of it and I hate slavery so the big question is. What do I do with you?”

“You said you don’t kill for no reason.” Haze pointed out to Zeek. “So way am I still alive, doesn’t your contract give you one for me?”

Zeek raised an eyebrow seeming impressed. “Ah I see you have a sharp mind, well since you noticed I’ll tell you.” He approached Haze and she could feel Violet tensing up. “The contract is very clear that no harm is to come to you, don’t know the exact reason but you seem to have some importance to who ever wants you. Your friend however I don’t know who he pissed off but in the contract I got a sense this pony really hated him.”

Haze felt a cold feeling as she realised who the contractor might be. Her mind went back to the time those same ponies tried to take her and nearly killed her for causing them trouble. A wave of fear washed over her and she was stunned into silence. While Haze mulled over the possibility, Violet spoke once more and she asked Zeek in a Growl. “So now that that’s cleared up what’s your plan on dealing with me and Sapph?”

“That’s the problem I have no idea. I’ll have to mull it over. In the meantime make yourselves comfortable cause you might have to stay here for a while.” He turned and went for the door. As he left the room he ordered the other two ponies. “You two stay up here and make sure they cause no trouble. I got enough to deal with as it is.”

“Whatever you say boss.” One of them said as Zeek left the room. They were both equipped with similar gear dark brown leather barding with a few metal plates on their shoulders and backs. They were armed with short swords and other little things like darts. The Stallion closed the door and stood in front of it while the Mare sat in the corner of the room. She pulled out some reading glasses and started reading a book while the Stallion kept his eyes fixed on them.

Haze was still frozen in shock. The memories of her nearly being strangled to death were now fresh in her mind. The thought of those ponies getting their hooves on her was frightening but she still had hope. Theran should awaken anytime soon and when he dose these ponies are going to get quite the shock.

“Um uh…hay?” Sapphire suddenly spoke and she was talking to the guards. “Could uh…could I have something to um drink?”

Haze rolled her eyes in disbelief. “Really Sapph now you start asking for things?”

Sapphire glared at her. “Hay I’ve been awake for nearly two hours and have had nothing so you can shut up.”

Haze huffed at that. “Oh I see now I’m Sapphire I have a pretty mane and use my pretty face to get what I WANT!!!”

Sapphire snorted at that and countered with. “OH so that how we’re gunna play it huh fine. OH look I’m Summer Haze the big fat liar with a stupid mane and silly nose!”

“Hay!” Haze felt insulted. “Don’t insult the nose!”

“Oh just shut up!” The Stallion yelled and stomped up to them. “Stop this bickering and I might get you a drink. Sound fair?”

“Oh yes please.” Sapphire said then stuck her tong out at Haze. Haze just rolled her eyes again and just looked disgusted.

“You can have one as well.” He said to Haze. “And what about you?” He asked Violet. “Want some water?” Violet mumbled something that no pony could hear. “What?” The guard asked as he walked around Haze to stand next to Violet. She mumbled again. “Come on speak up.” He put his ear next to her nose.

Violet’s voice picked up slightly and Haze heard the word. “This.” Then she opened her mouth wide and chomped down on his ear. The guy screamed in agony as Haze heard a tearing sound. The guy pulled away and a large chunk of his ear ripped off. Haze yelped in alarm and Sapphire screamed as blood poured out of the screaming guards mangled ear. With blood splattered on Violet’s face she spat out the chunk of ear and shouted. “I’m going to make you pay you mother fuckers! When I get out of these ropes you’re all dead!”

The Mare in the corner was on her hooves now helping her friend as he rolled from side to side on the floor yelling. “You bitch you crazy bitch my ear!” He crawled away from her. “How could you do that? That’s just insane YOU’RE insane!”

“You’re damn right I’m insane!” Violet yelled with a creepy chuckle. “And if you want to live you’re gunna have to kill me cause I won’t stop till you’re all little bits of meat in the dirt!”

Haze was terrified at this moment Violet had completely lost it. She was so blind with grief Haze doubted Violet knew what she was saying. The guard got up, his fear now replaced with anger as he pulled out his blade. “Then let’s did it you bloody psycho!”

Before he had a chance to even move near her, the door busted open and in came Zeek. “What the bloody hell is going on up here?” He looked at his mate in shock then he looked at Violet’s bloody face. “ Max what the hell happened to your ear?”

Max pointed his blade at Violet. “That bitch is crazy, she bloody ripped half me ear off!”

Zeek shook his head in disbelief “What the bloody hell were you doing that close to her trying to kiss her?” He waved his hoof to the door. “Get out of here and get that looked at and as for you…” He pointed at Violet. “Do something like this again and I’ll have a reason to kill you.” He nodded at the Mare and she followed with him and shut the door behind them, locking it.

Haze came back to her senses and glared at Violet. “What the hell do you think you’re doing Vi? You trying to die or something?”

“How could you do that?” Sapphire asked sounding sick. “I mean to just…riped his ear off that’s just…”

“Hay wow don’t you dare throw up!” Haze ordered. “If you must point it away from me.” She went back to talking to Violet who was just staring at the door. “Hay Vi listen to me.” Haze whispered. “Theran he’s not dead he’ll come for us we just…”

Violet cut her off. “He’s dead Haze I watched it happen. That bastard…”

Haze also cut her off. “I know what you may have seen but trust me he’s not dead, he’s not he’s gunna save us.”

“You stay in denial if you want Haze but I’m going to do whatever it takes to get free and when I do there’s nothing stopping me from killing every last one of these fuckers.” Violet went quiet after that and no matter how hard Haze tried Violet just ignored her.

“Damnit.” Haze cursed. She looked to the roof and thought. “Hurry up Theran before this turns into a nightmare.”

Sapphire suddenly spoke and said. “I just realised we’re not going to get our drinks now…aw man.”


(Theran Razorblade)

Theran lay on his back staring up into endless blackness. “What?” He sat up and looked around. Nearly all the time when he dies, in seconds hours go by and his wounds are gone but not this time. This time he found himself surrounded by vast sea of blackness but he could see. In the dark he could see a faint blue mist that glowed bright enough to allow him to see his legs, torso and other body parts. He could also see the many arrow wounds that dotted the gaps in his armour. They didn’t hurt for some reason and when he took a closer look he noticed his wounds were closing but very slow. “This is getting really weird.” Theran thought as he got to his hooves. The mist parted with every step he took then seem to radiate off of them. He felt a little dizzy cause no matter where he looked it was all the same and he couldn’t feel the ground beneath him. “Where the hell am I?”

“WOOOOOOOOoooooo!” A sound echoed all around him and he tensed up.

“What was that?” Theran thought as he looked around to try and pin point the sound.

“WWWWWWOOOOOOoooooo!” Again the sound came it was starting to sound like a voice.

“Who’s there?!” Theran growled as he went to grip his sword only to find his sheath was empty. “What the…” He still had his hoof blades but they weren’t working. He stood on his hind legs and bared his sharp teeth. “Show yourself!” he snarled.

He heard a sound of gusting wind behind him and he swivelled around to face his attacker but there was nothing there, just more endless blackness and fog. He heard the same sound again and this time he felt something cold on the back of his neck. Theran turned and was met by blue ghostly eyes in his face. “BOO!” Theran yelped and on reflex he lashed out with his hoof but it only passed right through it. “Wow hay now that’s just rude.” A voice spoke and it was coming from the mass of black shadow that stood out in the blue mist. It also had a mouth of glowing white sharp teeth, which it formed into a frown. “How would you like it if I started waving limbs through your head huh you wouldn’t like that would you?”

Theran was so confused right now. He kept his distance from this ghostly entity and took another look around. “What is this place?” Theran asked the ghost at least he thought it was a ghost he wasn’t very sure.

The ghost was roughly equine shaped though it lacked back legs, as it seemed to just hover. It spread its forelimbs, gesturing to the blackness around. “Why this is my office please step right in and have a seat.” A ghostly chair appeared and above it was a glowing arrow with the words beside it saying “Ass here.”

Theran raised an eyebrow in total confusion and at first he did nothing till the arrow started blinking and he was swept off his hooves to his surprise and placed in the chair. Theran snarled and demanded. “What is this is this shit some kind of sick joke? Where am I?!”

“You’re dead.” The ghost said flatly. “And the dead is apart of my job description.”

“And who might you be huh?” Theran asked with suspicion.

The ghost grinned and made a few flowy movements as it spoke. It spoke with a happy tone in its voice. “Me? Why I go by many names oh I can name a few. Let’s see I’ve been called the Watchman, The Seeker OOOO the Ice cream man.” It giggled. It was a happy giggle but creepy none the less. “There’s also Grave Walker but in this realm I’m more commonly known as Death or the Grim Reaper take your pick but you. You may call me…pause for dramatic effect.” It said that last part out loud. “Soul!”

Theran couldn’t believe what he had just heard. He was sitting in front of Death thee Death and at that moment he felt his rage boil over. “So you mean to tell me you’re the one who creates death and destruction and the one who makes my life a never ending hell!?”

The ghost’s face seemed taken aback and seem genially shocked. “What the hell fuck NO!” It angrily waved its forelimbs about as it went on a rant. “How dare you I’m offended you would even accuse me of such a thing! Sure I’m called Death and my job is working with the dead but don’t you dare say I’m the one who causes it. I’m like a caretaker a…janitor. I merely help souls move on to the next life and keep balance. God you mortals are all the same in the way you know nothing and…”

A female voice that was so droned out and emotionless suddenly spoke. “Soul time is growing short. Remember why you brought him here.”

Soul rubbed his neck and calmed down. “Oh yeah sorry Sam I got carried away there but he’s so stupid and…”

The female named Sam spoke again and Theran noticed two new ghostly eyes floating near Soul. One eye was orange and the other bright red. “Soul the more you rant the less time we have.”

“Enough!” Theran shouted and all floating eyes looked at him. “This is all very confusing I don’t get it am I really dead now for real? Is this what this is all about have you finally come for me is that it?”

Soul did something like a facehoof and growled angrily. “Nooo that’s not why you’re here, actually oh shit you’re about to wake up shit listen I wasn’t supposed to bring you here but I need to tell you…”


Theran’s vision flashed bright white and Soul and Sam were gone. He opened his eyes and gasped in a lung full of freezing cold air that chilled his already cold body. His head was pounding like it always did when death refused to take him. Everything hurt so he lay there for a bit looking up at a wooden roof. “Was it just a dream?” Theran thought as his newly healed heart throbbed with pain as it pumped blood through his aching body. “No I…I never dream when I’m dead…this was new.” He sat up and as he did so he saw on the last parts of words being burned into the wooden wall. Still smoking and with a little bit of glow the words said.

“Beware the coming storm P.S. You asshole.”

“Yep…” Theran said to himself. “Defiantly not a dream.” He thought about the words. “Beware the coming storm? What the hell is that supposed to mean?” It was unimportant to him at the moment cause right now he had to figure out where he was. He looked around and found himself in some sort of hut. The hut was manly empty save for a few tools and some planks. Nothing really useful but there was a small window where light was coming through. “Guess I’ll take a peek.” Theran thought as he struggled to his hooves.
He felt exhausted, coming back every time was draining and it’ll be a few hours before he’s back in real fighting shape. Now was not the time to rest however he needed to get a lay of the land and find out where Haze, Sapphire and Violet were. He got to his hind legs and peered out the window. There didn’t seem to be anypony around but he did see right in front of the hut nearly five meters away was a cabin. It was a pretty big cabin nearly standing two stories high. There were lights on and he could see movement inside. “Place looks loaded.” Theran thought. “There must be at least twenty or thirty ponies in there and I bet Haze, Sapphire and Vi are in one of the rooms on the top floor. Just a matter sneaking in that’s the problem.”
Theran check his gear. He still had his armour and his hoof blades were working but the rest of his stuff was missing including his helmet. “Just like old times.” He thought. “Now where can I…”
A back door opened and an Earth pony in dark brown leather and metal barding came walking out. He seemed to be talking to somepony and that’s when he noticed a Mare with the same gear standing at the opening. They didn’t converse long and soon the Mare closed the door and the Stallion strolled away from the cabin. He stopped near the hut and pulled out a cigar of some kind and lit it with a match. Theran hated smokers never liked the smell so he snorted. That’s when the guy quickly turned and looked at the hut. “Shit!” Theran thought in alarm as he ducked away from the window. “He must of heard that, crap!”

He could hear the guy’s hoof steps as he moved to the hut so he thought quickly. He had an idea and layback down playing dead. Theran stayed completely still not moving an inch as the guy unlocked and opened the hut’s door. “Who’s in here?” The guy called out. He walked in and stood next to Theran. He could hear the guy’s breathing and he could smell his breath. He had to make an effort not to cough as he inhaled some of the ashes from his cigar. “Must have been nuin.” Then he looked down at Theran. He breathed cigar smoke in Theran’s face and it became really hard not to move.

“Just a little closer.” Theran thought as the guy was frowning at Theran’s face.

“Can’t believe we waited four years just to get you and in the end you were a piece of piss.” He tapped his cigar with his lip and some ashes fell on Theran’s nose. “What a waste of time.”

“Right…there!” Theran gripped a small shovel next to him and in the next second Theran moved with blinding speed. The guy only had time to gasp in fright before the shovel impacted the side of his head, knocking him out cold. Theran got to his hooves and grinned. “Ha how do you like that you son of a…” He inhaled the ashes on his nose and he went all twitched. “Aaaa…aaa….aaachooo!” He almost stumbled as his sneeze rocked him forward. “Eurrr why couldn’t ponies make something other than this crap eh?” He sniffed. He dropped the shovel and looked through the guy’s pockets. Not much but he did find some keys. “Perfect.” Theran said to himself and left the hut, locking it behind him. It was freezing outside and the light was fading fast.
Theran stuck low to the ground as he snuck up to the cabin and when he reached its walls he pressed himself to it. “Ok let’s see who’s home.” He was under a window so he got to his hind legs and looked inside. The room he was looking in looked to be some sort of living area where a few ponies some not in barding were in milling about. They were coming a going in the room and Theran counted up to eleven so far.
“Hhhmmm.” Theran mulled as he moved away from the window and two the back door. He tried it and as he expected it was locked. “Well I got the pass.” He thought smugly as he went to get the keys he had off his belt when the door suddenly started unlocking. Theran froze. There was nowhere to go nowhere to hide. Just before the door opened he quickly pressed himself to the right side of the doorframe and waited. The door opened and the same Mare from before a Pegasus came out.

“Micky I got a warm cup of tea ready for you.” The one called Micky didn’t reply cause he was knocked out at the moment. “Micky?” The mare stepped out and Theran swiftly grabbed her, wrapping his forelegs around her neck and over her mouth. She made a muffled squeal as Theran dragged her out to the side and with his magic closed the door.

She struggled in his hold and he made a low growl. “Keep struggling and I’ll break your neck.” She stopped moving and only let out deep frightened whimpers. Theran waited to make sure no pony had heard him and when it seemed clear he started questioning her. “You make any load sounds and you’re dead. You got me?” She nodded franticly. “Where are my friends?”

He took his hoof away from her mouth and she took a few deep breaths. Then she asked in a frightened voice. “You…you’re alive b-but how is that…”

Theran put pressure on her neck and she let out a pained gag. “Answer the damn question.” Theran enforced.

“Up stairs they’re up stairs, third room on the right. Please don’t do anything to me please I…I was just…”

Theran tightened his grip again and she shut up. “Second question. How many of you are there?”

“Uh…um…twenty, most of us are down stairs you…you won’t get passed them they’re well armed.”

Theran frowned and made a smug remark. “We’ll see about that now last question. Where’s the one who stabbed me?”

The Mare gulped. “He’s…he’s down in the…”

There was a sudden booming sound and the next second a pony came smashing out of one of the top floor windows. The ponies screamed as he fell and went limp when he hit the ground hard. “What the…” Theran looked up and heard more screams coming from within. “So much for stealth.” He looked down at the frightened Mare who was quivering in his hold. “Consider this your lucky day lass you get to live another day.” He threw her to the ground letting her go, rushed to the door and bucked it open.



(Violet)
A few minutes ago

Violet couldn’t stop reliving that moment, that moment between her and him. Before they came, before they took him away from her Violet was going to do it. She was going to tell him fully how important he was to her that she cared about him and that she loved him. But that moment had been taken away from her and lost forever in time. The pain and loss she felt made her angry, suicidal and blood thirsty.
“I’m going to kill them.” She thought. “I’m going to kill them all and rip um apart limb by bloody limb.”
Haze and Sapphire were just bickering to each other and it wasn’t helping her mood.

“Theran will come for us!” Haze stated she had been doing this for nearly an hour now. She was so convinced Theran would come to save them. Violet felt sorry for her, she was not accepting Theran was dead and would never come for them.

“And for the last time!” Sapphire shouted. “He’s dead you have to stop this Haze you’re only hurting yourself more.”

“Oh you suddenly care about how I feel I thought you said you didn’t want to talk to me?” Haze kept going and Sapphire wasn’t helping.

“I don’t but I can just sit here and let you loss your mind!”

“I’m not losing my…” Violet cut Haze off she had had enough.

“Shut it! Shut up both of you!” She shouted. “I’m tired of this. Haze can you move your hooves? Do you still have your hoof blade?”

Haze huffed at that. “Yeah I think I can move but they took my stuff away I don’t have it.”

“Yes you do.” Sapphire stated. “I can see it on your foreleg.”

“What are you talking about no it’s…” She moved her hoof just enough to see she indeed still had her hoof blade. “Oh look at that they missed it. Must of thought it was a bit of armour or…”

Violet was getting inpatient. “Would you stop talking and focus.” She snapped. “Can you activate it?” She asked Haze.

Haze wriggled a bit then let out a deep sigh. “No I need my other hoof for that.”

Violet growled till she thought of something. She called out to Sapphire. “Sapphire you can move better than us, get over here.”

Sapphire seemed confused. “What? But I’m still tied up?”

“I don’t care now move it!” Violet snapped. Sapphire made her own low growl and tried to stand on two legs but fell over and landed on her face.

“Ow.” Sapphire mumbled as she lay there.

“Roll Sapph roll.” Haze instructed. Sapphire let out another frustrated growl and rolled. It wasn’t very graceful in fact she looked silly as she half rolled half flailed her hind legs about. “Come on Sapph you can do it.” Haze cheered and after some effort Sapphire finally made it over to them.

“There !” Sapphire gulped seeming out of breath as she lay on her side next to Haze. “Made it.”

“Ok.” Haze angled her wrist. “See the little switch?”

“Yeah I see it.” Sapphire confirmed as she made some puffing sounds as she tried to get her mane out of her face.

“Flick it.” Haze stated. Sapphire sighed and stuck her tong out and reached for it. “No!” Haze stopped her. “Not with your tong with your nose.”

“Are you kidding me?” Sapphire scoffed. “What if it goes through me?”

“Just do it!” Violet snapped, she was getting very annoyed now.

“Ok, ok sheesh.” Sapphire moaned. She stretched her neck out and reached for the switch. She scrunched her face up as her nose touched the switch and she squealed when the blade shot out and stabbed into the floor. “That was too close I nearly lost my…”

Violet drowned out Sapphire’s complaints as her focus was purely set on cutting her bonds. She rubbed her ropes on the fine edge of the blade and it made quick work of it. Soon the ropes snapped and she was free. She darted to her hooves her heart pounding. Cold chills were running through her body as she went for the door. “Violet where are you going you can’t just…”

She didn’t care she wasn’t listening. Through the floor she could hear the laughs and chatter of the Mercs. Those sounds made her blood boil as she went to open it. The door suddenly opened and the Merc called Max walked in with cups of water balanced on his back. He gasped when he saw Violet and he didn’t get a chance to pull his weapon out as Violet lunged at him.
She struck him in the throat with her hoof and he gaged from the impact. She then with a growl gripped his head with both hooves and threw him in the room.
He went crashing inside hard and the cups of water smashed on the wooden floor. Without even thinking Violet went over to him, Grabbed his sword and lifted him up. “WERE’S ZEEK!!!” She bellowed with burning hate in her broken heart.

Max’s nose was bleeding as he quivered in fear. “He’s…he’s down in the basement where he always is.”

“Thank you.” Violet said with madness in her eyes. Then she gripped his collar and with little effort she lifted him up and threw him through the window. She enjoyed the sounds of his screams as he fell to his death.

“Violet!?” Haze yelped in shock, staring at her in horror. “You… how could you just… he was…”

Violet wasn’t listening. By the time Haze had even managed to finish her sentence another Merc came to the open door to see what was going on but Violet was already on top of him. With the sword she acquired she brutalized the hapless sod, slicing and stabbing him over and over as quickly as her limbs could move. He screamed with every cut. She then finished him by stabbing him right in his spinal cord and with a brutal twist she broke his neck from the inside. She dumped his lifeless corps to the ground and lunged at the next thing that moved. Soon she had carved her way to the stairs and blindly continued down. She missed some along the way and killed those who got in her way. “I’m coming for you Zeek.” She thought as she caved a random Merc’s head in. “And then there will be no escape!”


(Theran Razorblade)

Theran quickly rushed in and took cover in the adjacent hallway. He peeked around the corner and no one seemed to notice he had just barged in. In fact he could hear screams coming from upstairs. “What the hell is going on up there?” Theran thought. His left ear twitched and he turned to face the Mare he had just interrogated. She wasn’t in a fighting stance nor did she look willing to attack him. “What the hell are you playing at?” Theran growled in a whisper. “I gave you a chance to run so why aren’t you?”

The Mare looked frightened terrified even but yet she was still here facing him. “Please don’t hurt anypony we…we were just doing jobs it’s not our fault.”

Theran huffed and turned away from her. “Bit late for that now get out of here before I change my mind.”

The Mare reached out after him. “No you don’t understand please don’t…” Theran walked down the hallway ignoring her and reached out to open a closed door. “No don’t open that don’t…”

Theran opened the door and in the room he was met with the eyes of many Mercs, some getting weapons and others just barely getting their clothes on. They all stopped after a few seconds of noticing him and just stood there. Their pupils all went very small as they stared at him, their mouths agape. “Well this is awkward.” Theran thought as he stood there watching them.
He could almost smell their fear. It was like a pungent odder that emanated off of everyone in the room. No one moved for a long time but the screaming from upstairs soon snapped them out of it.

“He’s a demon!” One of them shouted. “Somepony uh get him take him down do something!”

The ones already in their barding and had their swords in their mouths charged forward. Theran was still recovering so his magic was very limited but he didn’t need it. As the first one got close Theran stepped forward on his hind legs and extended one of his hoof blades. He used it to block the swing of the first and with his free hoof he gripped the Mercs sword hilt. Much like the way he dealt with the teenaged troublemakers he twisted the Merc’s head in a way were he had to let his sword go or rick getting his neck snapped. Theran then tripped the Merc and he fell to the ground with a metallic thud. With his limited energy Theran had to make this quick. As the rest came at him he parried their blows with his hoof blade and maimed them with the sword. His blows weren’t fatly. Trying to kill them would just take too much energy and hurting them wasn’t difficult. Most of them didn’t even have their barding on by the time he had reached them and some weren’t even trying to attack. Some just stood by in complete shock, Mares and Stallions alike. His progress took him through a door where he met more Mercs or were they civilians cause these ones most of them had nothing on.

“Somepony stop him!” A pony from behind yelled. “Don’t let him get any further!”

Something big slammed into Theran from behind and made him fall over. He dropped the sword and rolled to a stop on the ground. Dizzily He looked at his attacker. It was a massive Diamond Dog with a short face, broad arms, skinny hind legs and oversized paws. The dog charged and Theran met his charge with a buck to the dog’s chest making him stagger back winded. With a grunt of exhaustion Theran got to his hooves again and panted. As he struggled to breathe he looked down one empty hallway and noticed in another room there was a battle going on. Screams of pain and fear were coming from that room and he guessed who was at the centre of it. “Violet?” Theran thought as he got a glimpse of her covered in blood. “Violet!”

The dog that hit him from behind suddenly let out a roar and charged at him again. Theran had had enough and met his charge. He absorbed the full impact of the dog’s massive weight with his armour and they slid. When they stopped Theran grabbed the dog’s head and kneed him in his short snout. The dog yelped in pain and while he was dazed Theran gripped his spikey collar and flung him at a door. The dog hit the door with a loud bang but the door held and he was still standing. But Theran didn’t stop there he went the extra mile and bucked him through it and into the next room. The door splintered and fell apart as the dog fell through it. Theran followed after him and stood in the doorway. The dog spat out blood and crawled in the remains of the door. “I’ve had just about enough of this shit.” Theran growled as the dog raised a paw over his head as if to stop him. “Now tell me where your boss is before I…” Theran stopped as he looked beyond the dog and saw something he didn’t wish to see. At the far end of the room huddled around an elderly Mare and a younger mare were foals, lots of them. Colts and fillies of young ages stared at him with frightened looks in their eyes. The sounds of hoof steps came from behind him and when he looked he saw the Mercs. They all stood at a distance with pleading looks in their eyes. “What the hell is this?” Theran said out loud.

“Please.” Theran looked down at the dog. He spoke in a pleading sore voice “No more hurt no hurt the pups they no wrong you.”


Theran felt a mix of shock and horror as he stared back at the foals and the old Mare with the young mare in the middle of them. “These Mercs aren’t just Mercs.” Theran thought with realisation. “They’re all a family and Vi is…” His heart went cold when he thought of Violet covered in blood. “Oh gods!” He turned and ran passed all the shocked ponies, ran for where he saw the battle. “I have to stop her I have to stop her now!”
He ran into the room and nearly slipped on the sea of blood that dominated the floor. All around the room were dead eviscerated bodies some male some female and some of them were still moving. “Oh shiiit.” Theran said out loud in horror. “Vi…what have you done?” Theran was only one other open door in the room and that door led down into a basement. Without a second thought Theran went down after her.


(Violet)

Violet was dripping with blood. It was all over her from top to bottom and she was breathing heavily nose. She walked slowly toward an Earth pony Mare with glasses the same one from upstairs reading her fucking book. There was splattered blood on her face and it smeared her glasses. She had pressed herself to a brick wall and was hugging her book in terror, gasping for air as her fear took over her mind. Violet felt nothing for this Mare no pity no remorse just another body to the pile. She still had the sword she took from that Merc and it was oozing crimson with every step she took. The Mare was also trembling and Violet enjoyed that. As she got closer the Mare began to plead. “Please don’t kill me I-I had nothing to do with your friend’s death!”

Violet chuckled, as she got right up to the Mare. “No…no mercy for you like no mercy was shown to him.” She thought. She gripped the Mare by the throat and pressed her into the wall. She began to choke and dropped her book as she patted at Violet’s hoof in her throat. She could have easily snapped her neck like a twig but she wanted to saver it, watch her suffer.

“Stop!” Violet swiftly looked to her left and there he was, Zeek the murderer standing in front of his desk. The room look kind of what she expected from an office with maps, trophies and the asshole that ran it. Zeek was unarmed and he slowly approached her. “Let her go ok we can talk me and you just don’t hurt her please she wasn’t even there.” He was very calm but Violet could tell he was terrified.

Violet looked at the Mare and made a call. She figured she wasn’t worth the energy and let her drop to the floor. “Me and you then, sounds perfect.” She approached him fast and he backed up fast.

“Wow wow wow hold on just hold on one minute here.” She spat out the sword in her mouth letting it clatter to the floor and went for him with her hooves.

She grabbed his throat and pushed him up and onto his desk. As he lay there she put pressure on his windpipe and he began to choke. “A quick death is too good for you!” Violet snarled as he squirmed in her hold. He grabbed something a sword and he tried to strike her with it but Violet was too quick. She stopped the blow by grabbing his wrist and pinning it to the desk. She realised the blade he held was actually Theran’s sword and just knowing that made her loss it completely. She took it off him and pointed it at his stomach. “I’m gunna gut you slow and saver every twitch the monster!”

Violet was about to do just that but she didn’t get any further when somepony grabbed her from behind wrapping his forelegs around her neck and growled in a highlander accent. “That’s enough!”

Violet was for a moment-surprised somepony had snuck up on her but the shock passed quickly. She threw her head back connecting with the pony’s nose, and then she elbowed him hard in his left side making him let go. She finally spun around and delivered a hard punch to pony’s nose again. The figure staggered back clutching his muzzle and she was about to lung at him when her eyes fixed on his features. The red mane those big wolf ears the black battle damaged armour and his wolf like face. Violet felt her world suddenly slow down when a wave of pure realisation hit her. She was staring…at Theran. “Wh-what?” She whispered, her mind going completely blank as she dropped his sword, letting it clatter to the stone floor. “But that’s not possible.”

As she stared, Theran had fallen to one knee and was moaning loudly. “Ah damnit you broke my nose Vi!” He yelled. “AH WHY my nose euh!?”

Violet couldn’t believe it. “This can’t be?” Violet thought in shock. “He’s dead, I saw him die.” She looked at Zeek who was gasping and coughing on his desk. “He’s not real.” Violet’s emotions spiked not sure what to think anymore and she screamed. “This isn’t real you’re tricking me with your damn magic! I’ll cave your fucking skull in you sick basta…”

Limbs where wrapped around her throat again and this time they went tight. “Forgive me Vi.” The pony said. “ You’re gunna hate it but this is for your own good.” She couldn’t breath all air and blood flow had been stopped with black dots soon appearing in her vision. She struggled but it was all for nothing she couldn’t get out of this choke hold. Soon she felt light headed and her mind went black as she lost consensuses.


(Theran Razorblade)


Violet went limp and Theran gently lowered her to the ground. He sat next to her and cradled her head. “She completely lost it.” Theran thought as he checked her airway. “Oh Vi you stupid foal.”

“Either I’ve suffered brain damage…” The Unicorn Zebra said with a crock in his voice as he sat up on the edge of the desk. “And I’m seeing things or you’re actually standing there alive as the first time I laid eyes upon you.” He rubbed his throat and leaned forward. “Now that is very…interesting.” He shook his head and he chuckled. “Ha my Mumma always said, son…one for these day you’ll do something that will come back to bite you in your dumbass.” He looked at Theran with a smile. “Who knew that involved somepony I killed coming back from the dead. So what’s gunna happen now mate, you gunna kill me?”

Theran stood and picked up his sword. He looked at its reflective surface then looked at the guy. “Too much blood has been spilt already.” He slid his sword where it belonged in its sheath with a loud click. Theran looked this asshole in the eye. “I’m not about to add more to it.”

The Zebra guy chuckled and then burst out into laughter. Theran watched him laugh. At this point Theran was too tired and sore to even care. “Is that it?” The guy asked in amusement. “Really after everything I done to you and your friends you’re just going to do nothing to me?”

“You’re not worth the effort.” Theran stated flatly. “What’s the point? If I kill you some other asshole will just come along and replace you. Trust me you’re not the first nor will you be my last.” Theran tilted his head. “You gatta name Merc?”

“Zeek.” He smiled some more. “My name is Zeek.”

“Zeek ay. Well Zeek consider your contract terminated. You got any problems with that?”

Zeek looked past Theran and to the mare huddled on the floor. “No.” He said in a more serious tone. “I’m not a complete idiot. I know when something’s not worth it anymore.”

“Good.” Theran said satisfied. “And my friends?”

“Free to go.” Zeek said getting off his desk and moving over to the fallen mare. “I must say I’m surprised.” He said as he helped the mare sit up and look her over. “I fully expected you to kill me right there.”

Theran turned to face him again. “This is a one time thing. If I ever see you again all bets are off.”

“Sounds fair to me.” Zeek said as he checked the mare then asked her. “You ok?”

The mare seemed very shaken and her words were jumbled. “I she went the others how, how could she…”

Zeek put a hoof on her lip. “Shhh here read a book.” He picked up a book and gave it to her. He stood up as she hugged her book. “Ah she’ll be alright.” He looked at Theran frowned. “What you still doing here, is there something else?”

Theran frowned also. “There is one thing I want.” Theran reached out and grabbed Zeek by his barding and pulled him close. He looked him in the eye. “I want to know where you got your contract.”

Zeek smiled not worried in the slightest. “No worries mate it’s over here.” Violet moved and Zeek flinched. “Oh might want to make this quick.” He got a yellow bit of paper off his desk and gave it to Theran. “I was given this four years ago by some odd silver lass. Don’t know her name but she approached me one day when I was in Splinter Bay a river settlement not far from here. It’s a slim chance but you might find her there.”

Theran narrowed his eyes and eyed Zeek. “Why should I believe what you say?”

Zeek eyed Violet who was still moving then looked back at Theran. “Why would I? I got nothing to hide.” He started looking nervous. “Look ah don’t want anymore trouble so just get out of here quickly now.”

Theran glanced at the desk and saw his helmet. With his magic he floated it over and placed it on his head. “Noted. Let’s hope I don’t see you again.” He picked Violet up in his magic and placed her on his back.

He was going up the stairs as Zeek said. “Like wise. Your group’s stuff is in the room beside the door leading down here. Oh and mate?” Theran looked back at him. “Is it bad up there? I mean she’s covered in…”

Theran cut him off. “It’s best you see it for yourself.” With that he left Zeek to mull that over and entered back into the room above.

Haze and Sapphire were on the stairs in that room and they saw Theran. “Theran!” Haze called out. “What…happened and Violet why is she…”

Theran cut her off. “No time to explain. Go in that room.” He pointed at the door beside the one he came through. “Get your things, we’re leaving.”

“I think…I’m going to be sick.” Sapphire said, as she looked at all the bodies.

Theran noticed the Mercs in the next room slowly coming this way the shock and horror on their faces where evident. “Puke later we need to go NOW!” Theran ordered and after some very tense moments and girls had grabbed their things even Violet’s. They made their way as quickly as they could out of the cabin and into the woods out of sight and out of mind.

“I got a lot of explaining to do.” Theran thought. “And so dose Haze.”