• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 701 Views, 12 Comments

Hearthfire The Sands Of Time - Predman1227

  • ...
6
 12
 701

Chapter 22:Teach you a Thing or Two

Chapter 22:Teach you a Thing or Two

(Seven years ago)

(Summer Haze)

Haze was sitting on her bed in her room listening to her Auntie and Uncle argue loudly once again downstairs. It had been four hours since Doctor Fredric left and for four hours Haze sat and stared at the wall in front of her bed, hearing words like. “We can’t do this to her!” and “There’s no other way!” Come from her Auntie and Uncle’s mouths.

Haze knew full well what was going on, she wasn’t blind. Even at a younger age Haze understood things that no child her age should comprehend, and with her advanced intellect she put two and two together and came to a conclusion.

“I’m no longer safe here.” Haze thought. She didn’t understand why but her instincts told her she wasn’t safe here anymore and it felt too overwhelming. This new sense of fear was so alien to her but some how she knew she was in grave danger and it was all because of that Doctor.
“Why?” Haze thought. “What did I do wrong?”
She decided it was time to move from this static position she had been in for so long and the first thing she did was look at her hooves.

The blood clots all over them had hardened and stopped stinging to the cold air. The blackness in her skin had now travelled up her forelegs and spread across her tiny body. Small thick plates had formed on her chest and shoulders. A thick shell like carapace had formed on her back and wrapped around her stomach, almost like a saddle, and lastly was her wings. They had grown rapidly without pain and seemed fully formed and functional. She buzzed them a few times and hated the noise they created. Made her think there was a fly buzzing in her ear.

She stiffly stood up on her bed. The sores and rashes that once covered her entire body had faded away when the blackness converted her skin, but her joints were still slightly stiff. She also didn’t feel sick anymore, which she guessed she should be grateful for. She stiffly moved over to the mirror that still lay on her bed and looked down into it. She slowly she gasped in grief stricken horror at her new face. Her face was completely black, her eyes looked the same but glowed a brilliant green in the low light and she could see those new fangs gleaming in the moonlight that came through the window. Her skin was actually shinny as it too reflected the moon’s radiance, lighting up her dark features.

“What have I become?” Haze thought as she touched her left cheek with her hoof. She thought about what Doctor Fredric said. His words echoed like a ghost in her mind.

“I must inform the royal guard while there’s still time to deal with this…threat.”

“Threat?” Haze mulled that word over and over in her head till it hurt. “How can I be a threat?” Whatever it meant, the royal guard were going to be here to take her away to Celestia knows where and that frightened her. Aunty Stela and Uncle Pepper couldn’t protect her and if she was a threat she didn’t want them getting hurt. The thought of what she was about to do left her heart shaking with fear…but it had to be done. “I must leave…there’s no other way.”

Quickly and quietly, Haze hopped off her bed and looked around. She had many soft toys of cute little animals, nothing she needed but looking at them brought heavy realisation she will never seen them again. She moved to her dresser and opened it. Inside there wasn’t many things to wear, all except a brown blanket. She took it and quickly covered herself in it. It was warm and it hid her disfigured features. Moving to the door Haze thought of something. She looked to her small desk she had in one corner of her room and went over to it. Paper, pens and pencils lay scattered all over it. The papers had pictures on them, little drawings she made of animals, creatures and her family. She tried to stay on task as she got one picture of her Aunty and Uncle with her in the middle. Her lower lip began to quiver with grief as she got a pen and writ as best she could on the back of it. She couldn’t hold back her tears as she wrote her last words to the only family she had left…and was going to leave behind.

When she was done she left the paper on the bed and then quickly moved to her door. She listened by pressing her ear to the door and still they were arguing downstairs, in the living room it seemed.

She took the chance and opened the door and rushed out in silence. Sneaking down the stairs she hear them louder now and when she reached the bottom she saw their shadows coming out of the doorway that led into the living room. She fought back her tears as she quickly went into the kitchen. She wasted no time grabbing a small bag of bread and held it in her mouth. The kitchen had a back door but she found it was locked when she tried to open it. She thought about going back when she saw the shadows of her Aunty and Uncle grow bigger as they moved to the living room door.
She quickly hid behind a wall and listened carefully. There was some sobbing and then creaking as they went up the stairs. “This is my chance.” Haze thought.

Thinking quickly Haze looked up to the window and saw it was open. She clambered up onto the counter and pushed it wide open. A cold breeze swept in and chilled her face and tear ridden eyes. She looked back one last time at the shadows with a tear running down her face, before leaping out the window and landing with a thud on the soft grass outside.

She then ran. Her legs were still stiff and she was tired but she didn’t care now as tears flew off her face as she ran and glittered in the moonlight. She aimed for the hills that was her only plan. What happened after that she had no way of knowing and that, terrified her.

Once on top of a high hill Haze stopped and panted heavily. She looked back one last time at her home. “I’m sorry.” Haze said to herself as her tears ran free. “I have to…go.” She gasped for air as her emotions began to overwhelm her mind but then she saw in the moonlight many Royal Guard approaching her home. Their barding glowed gold in the moonlight and they carried spears. Haze turned and ran again this time stopping for nothing in the darkness of the night.


(Present Time)

Haze woke with a gasp and fond she had a book on her face. She removed it and winced slightly as the early sun’s raise beamed down into her sensitive eyes. After a moment her eyes adjusted, she looked around and the first thing she realised was Sapphire…hugging her. She was still fast asleep and she made little mumbling noises as she shifted in her slumber.

It was kind of cute and she actually enjoyed the warmth Sapphire provided her. A sudden urge to stroke Sapphire’s mane came over Haze and she blushed in embarrassment. “Uh…what do I do?” Haze thought as she watched Sapphire slowly rub her cheek on Haze’s chest.
She felt suddenly awkward at the fact she actually...liked this physical interaction, it made her feel…safe. She snorted and shook her head. “I’m just being weird.” Haze thought to herself, but those thoughts quickly vanished when Haze realised one of Sapphire’s back legs were rubbing against one of her own, and that’s when Haze’s face really started to turn red.

“Hay!” Something kicked Haze in her side and she flinched with fright. She looked to her right and saw armoured legs. When she looked up she found herself staring into the wolf like eyes of Theran. “Did you hear me pip squeak it’s time to get your lazy ass out of bed now move it.”

Before Haze had a chance to object he had already stripped away her and Sapphire’s covers and were assaulted by the freezing cold. Sapphire woke and yelped as she hugged Haze tighter. “AAAAAA WHERE DID ALL THE WARMTH GO!!!???” She yelled.

“Quit the belly aching kid, this is how I run my mornings now so get up!” Theran stated in a strict fashion. They groggily moved and Theran suddenly yelled. “Move like you got a prepuce!”

They quickly sprang to their hooves in startled surprise and looked at each other in confusion. “The hell Theran?” Sapphire questioned. “What gives?”

Theran curled one side of his upper lip in what Haze assumed was amusement. He began to pace in front of them as he spoke in a driven sort of way. “It’s time you two grew a per and did something useful for a change.”
Haze was stunned at this. Was this even Theran talking? “Yesterday was a wake up call. We spent too much time living in a quiet place and now the world has reminded us how much it wants our hides.” He came to a stop and glared in their stunned eyes.
“So it’s about time I teach you a thing or two about how to hold your own in a fight. So without further ado, let’s get started.”

He moved to one side of the camp were Violet was sitting awake and she seemed…rather calm. She sat on her log with one hide leg over the other while resting her sword on her lap and was sharpening it. She paid Theran no attention not even a little as he scooped up three long thick sticks that were in a pile and moved away from her. This struck Haze as odd cause last night Violet was distraught and now she was acting like her normal self. Did she get over what happened that quickly?

While Haze mulled this over, Sapphire was complaining. “Um what do you mean let’s get started? What we’re doing this now?”

“That’s right.” Theran stated as he tossed her one of the sticks and it landed by her hooves. “Heads up pip squeak.” Haze barely had time to react as she cot the stick in her hooves and held it to her chest in surprise. “Ah nice reflexes pip, you’re gunna need it.”

Sapphire frowned at the sticks then at Theran. “But you said we could eat in the morning. This is the morning.” Haze agreed with a nod as her stomach growled.

“I didny say when in the morning now did I.” Theran pointed out as he held his stick in his sword hoof and was standing on two legs. “Now stop whining and pick it up.”

Sapphire looked like she wanted to say more but Theran’s hard gaze made her think otherwise. With a huff she picked the stick up and held it awkwardly. “Happy now?” Sapphire asked in a grumpy way. She really wasn’t a morning pony.

Theran snorted in response to that and waved the point of his stick a little. “Both of you stand on two legs.”

Sapphire did it no problem, being a Pegasus in all made it easy with those wings but Haze had some trouble. Sure she could straighten her back, sure she could briefly stand on two legs and sure she had her own wings but what Theran wanted her to do was down right painful. She had to use the stick to just to balance herself as her back legs shook with effort. “This is not…natural.” Haze said through gritted teeth. Once she was up straight ish her lower back burned with the struggle to keep herself standing.

“You call that standing?! Looks like you’re taking a shit! Part your legs Haze, use your tail for balance.” Theran also barked at Sapphire. “Same goes for you no wings!” Sapphire gulped and folded her wings and almost immediately she lost her balance and face planted the ground. Haze didn’t like what Theran was saying to her it made her feel bad, but she did as he instructed. She spread her back legs, flicked her tail a bit and soon she was stand perfectly vertical. This caused her lower back muscles to burn even more and a bead of sweat ran down her face. “Well done pip you got it.” Theran said approvingly. “Canny say the same for you though.” He said as he looked down at Sapphire.

Sapphire spat out dirt in her mouth and pushed herself up. She glared at him from her sitting position. “Why are you making us do this? We can’t stand like you can.”

“She’s got a point Theran.” Haze strained as she wobbled a bit. “We’re not exactly built for standing like this.”

“That might be true.” Theran stated. “But it’s still no excuse. Violet here is pure Earth pony and she can do it.” He gestured for her to stand. “Show them how it’s done Vi.” Violet stopped sharpening her blade and looked up at them. Quietly she put her sword aside and gracefully stood on two legs. She also gave them a low bow just to show off and quietly sat back down. “See.” Theran praised. “Nothing to support her but her tail and she can do it.” He turned to face them again. “It’s also got a lot to do with your lower back. Do you feel it burning?” He asked and Haze nodded vigorously.

“Yeeeesss!” Haze strained in pain.

“Good!” Theran barked. “Means they’re working properly. Now pay attention! You on your hooves!” He barked at Sapphire and with a huff she stood but used her stick for balance. He began to pace again this time on his hind legs. “I’m gunna teach you how to block, parry and counter attack and you’re gunna do this without your racial abilities, that means no wings and no magic.”

“Why not?” Sapphire asked in confusion. “Wouldn’t it make more sense to use our racial abilities in a fight? I mean you use your magic all the time from what I’ve seen.”

“She’s right Theran.” Haze added. “You do use magic a lot in combat.”

Theran actually chuckled and Haze was unclear as to why he found their words funny. “Aye that is true, I do use my magic in fights to gain the advantage. But, if that were to fail which it has on many occasions, I have my physical combat skills to fall back on.” He pointed his stick at Sapphire. “What would you do if your wings got damaged and you couldn’t fly?” Before Sapphire could answer he quickly pointed his stick at Haze. “And you. What would you do if a mage dispelled you and you couldn’t use your magic?”
They were both silent and Theran smirked. “My point exactly.”

He stuck the tip of his stick in the ground and leaned on it as he continued to speak. “I am gunna teach you two how to fight in ways your enemies can’t even comprehend and trust me, you will thank me in the end.” He pulled his stick out of the dirt, twirled it a bit and took up a relaxed fighting stance. “Now let’s begin with the basics. Your stance.” He started to move slowly to one side and began to walk around Haze and Sapphire while he spoke. “Your stance is the most important element in any fight. It determines you strengths, your weaknesses and, your level of awareness.” He twirled his stick yet again in his hoof, making whooshing sounds as it cut through the air. “Master the way you stand and you will master the way you fight.”
He stopped in front of them once more. “Now let me show you how I normally stand in a fight.”

He moved his right hind leg forward and his left one back, not even taking them off the ground as he slid them into place. Then with his sword arm he pointed his stick out the way to them and kept his left hoof free but relaxed.
“This stance is one I made myself. It focuses on parrying and countering. It also allows me to be strong yet mobile at the same time. I call it, The Razor’s Edge.” He gestured to them. “Now, let me see you try it.”

Haze and Sapphire looked at each other for a second before gritting their teeth and shifted their bodies into position. Haze found it painful as her lower back screamed in protest. She also wobbled a bit since her centre of balance changed, but she managed to stay standing. Sapphire on the other hand, without the support of her wings she wobbled with each movement and Haze swore she was going to fall flat on her face again, she really had a habit of doing that.
Once their legs were in position they levelled their sticks as Theran had shown and stayed in that stance. “This sucks so much.” Sapphire whispered to Haze through gritted teeth.

Haze did admit in her head that this was unexpected and was a complete drag, but Haze understood Theran’s reasons for this. “Very good but you look too tense, ease up.” Then again he was being a bit of an ass.

“Ease up?” Sapphire questioned with her jaw still clenched. “Tensing is what’s keeping me from falling over.” Haze was tense herself. The burning in her back made it hard not to stiffen up her shoulders and the pain made her heart race, making beads of sweat run down her topless torso.

Theran scowled at Sapphire as if her words had offended him. “Tenses will also get you killed.” Theran growled. “It slows your reaction time and narrows your awareness, making you an easy target. Relax and focus.”
Haze relaxed as best she could, letting her shoulders droop slightly but she still felt tense. “Ok let’s practice some swings. Watch me closely.” Theran simply but with some force, swung to the right and swung to the left horizontally. “Try it.” Haze slowly swung her stick from side to side, not really doing it the way he showed them. “Not like that!” Theran yelled at them. “Put some effort into it. SWING!!”

Sapphire swung her stick too hard and spun her legs out. She toppled over and yelped as she fell. “Sapph!” Haze said in alarm as Sapphire banged the back of her head on the ground. “Are you alright?” Haze went to move to help her up but Theran stopped her.

“Oy don’t you move pip.” Theran growled as he pointed his stick at her. “Let her be.” He looked at Sapphire after he relaxed and ordered. “Come on get up, try again.”

“Sod this!” Sapphire suddenly shouted as she stood up on all fours. “I already know this stuff, I don’t have to put up with this crap!”

“Oh!?” Theran stated in a sarcastic way. “You do, do you? Well then let’s skip the basics and get right to it then. Pick up your stick.”

“No, I’m not doing this.” Sapphire objected.

“Pick-It-Up.” Theran growled in a threatening rumble in his throat.

“NO!!” Sapphire shouted as she ruffled her feathers.

Theran looked like he was going to explode when he stepped forward and hissed. “Pick it up right now or I’ll drag you back to Rest Pit and dump you on your Mother’s door step.” Haze was stunned as her eyes widened and she was about to say something but Theran beat her to it, shooting her an angry glare. “And nothing you say will stop me. I can and I will do it.” Haze couldn’t believe this. She looked over to where Violet was and she was just sitting there with a plain expression on her face. Haze hinted at her to do something anything, but Violet just looked to the side and ignored her.
“Your choice Sapphire. What will it be?”

Sapphire glared at him with such hate it was as is she was trying to melt him with her eyes. She snatched her stick right off the ground, stood on her hind legs and yelled. “Come on then, bring it you big ugly bastard!”

Just as she finished her taunt without warning Theran swiftly struck her stick out her hoof and smacked her right thigh with the end of his, the impact making a loud “thwak” sound. Sapphire doubled over and yelled in pain as she held her hoof to her leg. Theran loomed over her. “I’m sorry did I miss hear you saying you knew how to do this or did I just imagine it?”

Something about the way Theran was treating Sapphire made something snap inside her. Almost without thinking Haze swung her stick for Theran’s unarmoured head. His ear twitched and barely had enough time to parry her blow. The parry sent her stick up and left her belly wide open, an opening Theran seemed to automatically go for. On pure reflex Haze sucked her stomach in and curved her back just in time as the tip of his stick grazed her fur. She straightened, wobbled a bit but regained her balance and did the pose Theran had shown her. She was panting softly as adrenaline pumped through her body, making her wide-awake now. “Stop…” Haze had to swallow some saliva to clear her dry throat and continued to say while panting. “Stop being…so…mean to her…Theran.”

Theran looked surprised and angry, as it seems she cot him off guard. “Stop?” Theran asked as if in disbelief. “Do you think your enemies will stop just cause you asked?”

Haze kept her stance but relaxed a bit. She thought about it for a moment and guessed he had a point. When she spoke she was calm but firm with her voice. “No. I don’t think that would ever happen. I’ve seen and met enough bad ponies to know that.” She then looked at Sapphire and remembered way she attacked him. “But that doesn’t mean you have to be so hard on us, especially Sapph.” Sapphire gazed up at her with a look of shock, bewilderment and maybe even embarrassment plastered on her face.

Theran’s angry expression softened a bit, then pulled his cheeky half smile as he steps back and folds his forelegs over his chest plate. “Wow Haze you’ve actually impressed me and I’m not easily impressed.” He gives her a nod of approval then nods at Sapphire. “Help her up.”

Haze reached out her hoof and Sapphire took it. She pulled her up and almost lost her own balance in the process. “You ok Sapph?” Haze asked in concern, she was really worried.

Sapphire rubbed the back of her head with a scrunched up face, as it seemed to hurt. “I think so.” She groaned. “Thanks for having my back.”

Haze smiled at this and felt relieved. She also liked that her reckless move also helped.

“Right!” Theran barked and they flinched. “Enough faffen about, time to work those muscles.” He twirled his stick and took up a defensive posture. “We’re gunna play a little game and if you win you get to eat. How’s that sound?”

Haze and Sapphire looked at each other for a moment unsure, but then Sapphire made a cocky grin and Haze nodded. “Alright then what’s this “game” you want us to play?” Haze asked with confidence.

Theran grinned a wicked smile, flashing his razor sharp teeth. “I want you two to hit me.”

Haze’s cockiness faded when she asked. “Y-you what?”

Theran spread his arms in a welcoming gesture. “I said, hit-me. First one to do it wins and we all get to eat.”
Haze and Sapphire looked at each other once more and Haze saw the uncertainty in Sapphire’s strawberry eyes. “You know you two aren’t getting any younger just standing there. Come on show me what you’re made of.”

“Come on…” Haze stated as she built up some courage. “Let’s get him.”

They both moved forward but realised they didn’t know how to walk or run on two legs, so they mostly hopped quickly toward him with their sticks raised. Haze came at him from the left and Sapphire came at his right. They were both striking near enough at the same time and Haze wondered if they could actually hit him. With a grin on his face Theran moved so fast Haze and Sapphire had no time to react and pull back. He blocked Sapphire’s blow with his stick and grabbed Haze’s wrist with his free hoof before she could hit him.

He then kicked Sapphire away from him and twisted Haze’s wrist in a painful angle that sent her flipping head over heels into the dirt. She landed on her back so hard the impact knocked the wind out of her. As she lay on the ground gasping for air, Sapphire stood and tried to go for Theran again without Haze’s support and she paid for it. She did an overhead swing and Theran blocked it easily. With a quick sweeping motion of his left leg he kicked her legs out from under her and she fell flat on her ass.

“Ouuuuuch!” Sapphire moaned as she rolled from side to side on her back, clenching her flank. “My bloody tail bone AHHHHHH!!!!”

“Come on you two.” Theran taunted, not even sounding out of breath. “Stop trying to hit me and hit me. Work together as a team.” He walked away from them and stopped at four meters this time and made a readied stance. “Get up!” He yelled.

Haze growled through gritted teeth as she made herself move and stand once more. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she was suffering from lack of breath. Even though her head was throbbing she still walked over to Sapphire and pulled her to her hooves. “I don’t think we can get him.” Sapphire groaned as she was still rubbing her flank. “He’s too quick.”

Haze knew all too well how fast Theran could move, she had seen him in action before many times in fact. But this time he didn’t have his magic so maybe they had a fighting chance. All they needed was a plan a strategy to get past his defence. “We can get him.” Haze stated, making herself seem confident even though she didn’t really feel it. “We just need to come up with a plan.”

While Theran stood there waiting for them, Haze quietly came up with her strategy. “Let’s try and tag team him. I go in front and you take the back. Then we attack him in turns, strike fall back, strike fall back in that order.”

“You think that will work?” Sapphire asked, not sounding very convinced.

“It’s worth a try.” Haze stated, as she began to feel good about this plan. “Come on one more time, let’s get him and remember to keep him guessing.”

“Right.” Sapphire nodded.

Haze approached Theran first and she felt the burn in her back as she walk on two legs up to him. It was an awkward painful walk but she managed and soon she was right in front of him. Theran stayed motionless as he calmly observed their positions around him. “Hmm.” Theran hummed. “This should be interesting.” He mused.

Haze made a wicked smile and nodded to Sapphire for her to make the first move. She lunged forward, thrusting her stick for Theran’s back. He anticipated this and quickly spun and parried her blow out the way. Haze always found it surprising how fast Theran could move in armour, if he had it off gods know how fast he could move. He tried to punch Sapphire in the stomach with his sword hoof as he came in for a counter but she jumped back and he missed.

At the moment he missed, Haze made her move and aimed for the back of his right leg. But yet again his speed was his saving grace as he spun to the right and parried it away off to the side.

Haze’s reaction time saved her from getting hit in the face as she blocked a blow he made for her head. She was quite surprised her reflexes were that good, good enough to stop Theran from hitting her. Though the force behind his blow however, actually staggered Haze as she wobbled backward. “Oh crap!” Haze blurted in fright.

He would have tripped her up if Sapphire hadn’t jumped back in and distracted him. She went for his head but he ducked under it. In the flow of his dodge he spun left and used his stick to knock one of Sapphire legs out from under her.

She fell flat on her back and he stunned her with a smack to her belly with his stick. As Sapphire writhed in pain Haze regained her balance just in time to move out of the way, as Theran spun again and tried to hit her belly. As a last desperate attempt Haze made a stabbing motion for Theran’s gut as his last move left him open. “This is it!” Haze thought in excitement. “I’m gunna hit him.”

That feeling of joy was quickly squandered as Theran jumped to the side, rolled his body in the air and landed a stinging blow to Haze’s back. It burned like fire and add that to her already sore back she was in agony as she toppled to the ground on her belly. “AAAAA, So MUCH PAIN!!!!” Haze yelled in torment. She was on the verge of tears it hurt so much her wings were buzzing in attempt to lessen the stinging.

“Well…” Theran began to speak in a smug way. “Not bad, you actually worked together but your timing was poor.” Haze rolled onto her side breathing heavily as she looked up at him.

He was slowly pacing again as he spoke. “Also your tag team tactic was futile, you stuck to one type of attack. Not mixing it up or adapting. An old warrior once told me, plan and prepare to prevent a piss poor performance. Even after so long I still remember that and I’m gunna drill it into your heads as well.” He stopped and made a readied stance again. “Now let’s try this AGAIN!”

Haze sighed heavily with frustration. She was exhausted and every movement she made felt like a mountain of effort. She tried to stand but her back gave in and she fell to her knees. “I…” She glanced over to Sapphire and she was lying on her belly looking completely worn-out. “We can’t.”

Theran relaxed and frowned. “Well then no breakfast.” Those words were just torture to Haze’s ears as her stomach growled painfully. “I’ll let you take a breather and then we will…” He stopped talking and looked over Haze. She heard some hoof steps and turned her head to see Violet had gotten up and she approaching them. “Vi I told you not to interfere the now, I got this…”

Violet cut him off with her sharp yet calm voice as she asked Haze. “Sweetie may I borrow your practice stick please?”

Haze was confused but she did so. “Uh…sure?”

She picked up her stick and gave it to Violet. “Thank you Haze.” She stood on her hind legs and calmly walked toward Theran, with her arms completely relaxed. “Watch and learn girls.” She said with cheeky confidence. “Let me show you how it’s done.”

Theran gave her a sceptical look. “Vi uh I told you I had this.”

“What’s the matter Theran too chicken to fight me?” Violet taunted.

Haze was surprised, pleasantly so as she observed Theran’s reaction to that.

“I…I uh.” Theran frowned and took up a fighting stance. “Fine you asked for it.”

Violet smiled. “Excellent.” She took one look at her stick and then just…threw it away. “Let’s do this.”

Haze was stunned at Violet’s action. “She just…threw it away?” She thought to herself. “That’s crazy!” One look toward Sapphire and she could tell her reaction was the same.

Theran was also stunned as his eyes widened in surprise. “Vi what…what are you doing?” He shrugged his shoulders in confusion. “I can’t fight you like this it’s not fair.”

Violet tilted her head to one side and put her hooves behind her back. “What’s the matter Theran can’t attack an unarmed Mare?” She asked, making her voice sound like some innocent school filly. “I think you’re chicken.”

“Hay I am not chicken!” Theran yelled and Haze swore she could see his cheeks turning red. Violet put her hooves under her armpits making the look like wings and stated making “Bwark bwark” sounds. Haze actually snickered at that and Sapphire was laughing. Theran on the other hand looked like he was going to explode. “No you didny just…that’s it you’re DONE!!”

Violet kept making the same sounds as Theran darted forward and swung for left side of her face. Haze’s smile vanished when Violet didn’t move and for a second she thought Theran was going to hit her. But at the last second Violet raised her left arm that was covered in armour and blocked his blow. She then wrapped the same arm around his and stopped him from moving.

Theran had a second to look surprised before Violet made a chopping motion with her right hoof and struck him in the throat. Theran gagged and dropped his stick. As he gripped his throat, coughing and gasping for air Violet grabbed the top of his chest plate, pulled him in and kneed him hard in the groin. Theran’s eyes went small in pain and his lower lids twitched as he slumped to the ground. That whole counter move took less than ten seconds to complete. “WHY THERE!!!???” Theran gasped in agony. “IT’S SO UN-FAIR!!!??”

Haze’s mouth hung open, utterly stunned by what she had just witnessed. “Did she…did she just do that?!” She thought.

Violet bent down low and made a pouty face. “Aw did I hit you too hard? Oh well I’m sure they’ll grow back. You can do that sort of thing right?”

Theran growled on the ground, clutching his groinal region with his hooves. His voice sounded sore when he spoke. “Oh is this some sort of payback for yesterday? It is isn’t it?”

Violet went back on all fours and smiled happily. “Oh my where did you get that idea? Well you’re mostly right but most of it was to do with that fact I’m hungry. Could you be a dear and make us some soup please?”

Theran groaned and squirmed for a moment before moaning. “I’ll get to it in a minute. Right now I’ll just lay here on this nice cold ground and gather what’s left of my pride.”

Violet chuckled at that and walked away from him. She approached Haze and offered her hoof. “That was some impressive team work Haze.” She complemented with a cheer in her voice.

“Not as impressive as what you did.” She took her hoof. That was amaz…AHHHAHHH!!!!” As Violet pulled Haze up her back flared with a sharp pain, like a knife had been shoved into her muscles. She gasped for air and tried to speak. “I…I think I’ve…pulled a muscle.” Once on all fours it flared up again. “Oh…oh yeah…defiantly a pulled muscle.”

Haze stood rigged while Violet went over to Sapphire. “Ok what about you Sapph, Feel like anything pulled?”

Sapphire tried to stand and she stiffened up. “OU OU OU OU My shoulder AH it’s going up my neck!” She collapsed again and clutched her neck. “AAAAHAAA This sucks so much!”

Violet rolled her eyes and sighed. “Oh come on its not that bad just be more prepared next time.” She helped Sapphire stand, and then walked to the fire. “Come on let’s sit by the fire where it’s warm.”


…………….

(Sapphire)

Some time had passed since their rude awakening and being humiliated by Theran, the group were now sitting around the campfire, waiting for their breakfast.

Sapphire sat next to Haze who looked uncomfortable and Theran and Violet were next to each other too. Haze did mention that her back hurt and the way she was fidgeting on the spot told her much. Sapphire herself was feeling rather down but it wasn’t because of the pain.
She was used to being in pain.
During their unexpected training Haze had shown that she was actually better at fighting than she was. Her reaction time was better, her balance was better, hell she could even swing a stick without falling over unlike her.
Sapphire didn’t want to admit it but she couldn’t help but feel…envy for her.

“Sapph?” Sapphire blinked and shook her as if coming out of a dream. She looked to her side and saw Haze looking at her in concern. “Are you ok? You’ve been quiet for a while now.”

Sapphire just stared blankly at Haze’s brilliant green eyes for a full two seconds before shaking her head again and her thoughts came back to her. “Uh yeah I’m fine just uh…I’m just hungry.”

Haze didn’t look like she was buying it as she arched her brow at her. “Really you’re hungry and you’re quiet? That’s an odd combo for you.” Sapphire huffed happily at that. Haze continued to speak, she liked it when Haze spoke a lot, got her mind off other things. “Oh well as long as you’re fine I’m happy.”

Haze chuckled but then winced and gripped her back. Sapphire felt a wave of concern wash over her as she observed Haze. She didn’t like seeing her in pain and that’s when an idea struck her. “Could I help you with that?” She asked, feeling uncertain.

Haze nodded in pain and Sapphire shuffled over to her. “Uh where dose it hurt again?” Sapphire asked. Haze didn’t say anything but she did point to where it hurt. Sapphire moved and sat behind Haze. She then put both her hooves to Haze’s lower back, and began to push up the sides of her spine and back down again.

Haze hung her head back and let out a relieved sigh as her muscles relaxed. “Ugh that feels so good.” Haze sighed with a smile on her face. “When did you learn to do this?”

Sapphire blushed a bit. “I uh…had a friend who taught me it. She was really smart…like you though she wasn’t a Unicorn she was an Earth pony.”

“Hmm who was she? How come I’ve never met her?” Haze asked.

Sapphire felt a ping of sadness as she relived some bad memories. “Her name was uh...her name was Lola. She…was my friend way before I met you.”

Haze nodded. “Ah that makes sense. What did she look like?”

Sapphire recalled her old friend’s features. “She was icy blue with a gorgeous golden mane and her eyes where the same colour as mine. She was so nice to me, we hung out nearly every day.”


“Where is she now? Did she move away or something?” Haze asked.

“No, uh she didn’t move away she uh…died.” Sapphire felt her heart shrink as she relived that horrible moment. “There was a wagon accident. It was carrying some pretty heavy stuff and there was so much snow it must have slid out of control.” She grimaced as the memory played in her head. “Lola and I were playing in the street when it happened. I got out the way but she didn’t react in time. It fell and it…and it…”

Haze spoke and it stopped her from saying the gory details. “It’s ok Sapph I get it you don’t have to tell me the rest.” She looked over her shoulder and looked truly heart broken. “Sorry about your friend she sounds like she was a good pony.”

Sapphire nodded as she fought back the emotions welling up inside of her. “Yeah she was. I sometimes wonder if I could have…done something…you know to save her.”

“Don’t think like that.” Haze stated, making Sapphire stop rubbing her back and she turned her body to face her. She winced as she did but didn’t seem to care. “It will only bring you pain and I don’t like seeing you in pain.” Sapphire was surprised, she didn’t realise Haze felt this way.

“Thank you Haze that…that means a lot to me.” Sapphire drooped her head now feeling depressed.

She was surprised again when Haze suddenly hugged her. “That’s what friends are for Sapph I’ve told you this Celestia knows how many times.” She ruffled her mane and Sapphire giggled with delight. “How many more till I drill it into that goofy brain of yours?”

“Hay!” Sapphire huffed. “My brain isn’t goofy it’s brilliant I’ll have you know.”

Haze made a silly face. “Oh is it now well you could have fooled me.”

“Stop it.” Sapphire said and lightly shoved Haze’s shoulder as her face turned red with embarrassment. Haze laughed and Sapphire covered her mouth to stop her but Haze just kept laughing.

Sapphire found this annoying but at the same time she liked this sort of banter and she liked Haze’s comforting words. Actually there were a lot of things she liked about Haze, even though she was still getting used to her new look. It was strange but she found Haze’s new look…attractive. Just thinking about it made her blush. After Haze had finally stopped laughing, Sapphire wanted to ask her something. “Haze uh can I ask you something?”

Haze chuckled with a smile. “Yeah sure what do you want to ask me?”

“Here goes nothing.” Sapphire thought as she sucked in a breath. “I was wondering. How do you…do that little…changing trick you do?”

Haze seemed surprised. “My changing trick? I uh…I actually don’t know how to really describe it. It’s like a…tingly feeling I get in the back of my head when I look at ponies.”

“Can you change back to your normal self?” Sapphire asked. She was really fascinated by this.

Haze looked a little anxious at her question. “I uh…yeah I can but there’s not really any point.”

“How come?” Sapphire asked again.

This seemed to trouble Haze and Sapphire regretted her question but Haze answered anyway. “Because I uh…there’s no pony around and it hurts my head…um.”

“Could you turn into something now?” Sapphire asked, changing the subject slightly. “Come show how you do it?”

Haze sighed and looked at her blankly. Then a green line flashed across her body so fast Sapphire would have missed it if she had blinked. She stared at Haze completely gob smacked, though it wasn’t Haze she was looking at anymore. She was looking at herself. “Ta da.” Haze said not very enthusiastically and she sounded exactly like Sapphire.

Haze was now an almost perfect copy of Sapphire except for the cloths they stayed the same. “That’s…th-that’s…” Sapphire was lost for words as she stared at herself.

Haze flexed her new Pegasus wings and then made a silly grin. “Look at me I’m a birdy.” She ruffled the feathers in excitement. “I’ve always wondered what it was like to have proper wings. Very cool, oh look I can wrap them around me like a blanket.” Haze cuddled herself with her wings and giggled with delight. “Don’t know about the mane though. Also dose my butt look big in this body?”

“Hey!” Sapphire objected and her face went red again. “There’s nothing wrong with my…uh…”

Haze laughed her head off and turned back into her “normal” self. “Oh Sapph I’m joking. I think you have a very nice butt.” Sapphire’s face became a cherry and Haze fell to the ground in laughter, kicking her back legs in the air while she gripped her stomach in a giggle fit.

Sapphire looked away and rubbed the back of her neck in embarrassment again. There were other chuckling sounds as Theran and Violet joined in on Haze’s joke. After a few moments Sapphire got over it and rolled her eyes as she said. “Sure I like your butt too Haze.”

Everyone went silent and just stared at her. Sapphire’s face was so red hot it could boil an egg. “Why did I say that?” She thought. “This is humiliating.”

“Thanks Sapph I’m glad you agree.” Everyone burst out laughing again and Sapphire felt her embarrassment fade as she too joined in on the laughter.

After they finished laughing all went quiet. Only the sounds of the pot of soup filled the air, which smelled so good “Alright I think it’s ready.” Theran stated and got out the first bowl.
Sapphire’s stomach grumbled louder as she watched Theran fill the bowl and get ready to give it to someone. She doubted it would be her. “Here you go Sapphire.” Theran said, surprising her as he floated over the bowl with his magic.

With her mind numb with confusion Sapphire reached out with her hooves and took the bowl out of the air. Now that she could actually smell it up close it was almost like she was in heaven. A spoon plopped into the bowl and a little bit of soup splashed on her nose. It didn’t hurt so she wiped it of with her hoof. She then licked it off and the flavour that graced her tong was amazing. Her face brightened with delight and she wasted no time getting stuck in.

She no longer felt cold as the soup warmed up her body and before she knew it she had finished the whole bowl. “More.” Sapphire stated as she held out her empty bowl.

Everyone else were still eating there first and Theran looked at her surprisingly pleased. “You really like it huh?” Theran asked as he took the bowl and fill it with seconds.

Sapphire nodded happily. “Oh yesy. Yes I do.”

“Tastes as good as it always dose.” Haze added.

“It’s brah.” Violet finished as she kept stuffing her face.

Theran huffed in amusement as he gave her, her bowl back. “Well good to hear my cooking is still amazing.” He chuckled but then he looked away and seemed serious again. “Sapphire, I have to tell you something.” He looked her in the eye. “I’m not sorry for what I put you through this morning but I will say what I said about dragging you back to your Mother was a lie.”

Sapphire stopped eating her soup and just stared at him for a full five seconds. She felt like she miss head him so she asked. “I…you what?”

Theran didn’t so much as blink at her reaction. “You heard me, I lied.”

Sapphire lowered her bowl and her blank expression slowly turned into a frown. “You…Lied?” She put it down fully and stood up angrily. “What the hell why would you do that to me?!”

“Same reason an enemy would put a knife to your throat. To make you loss your cool and get inside your head.” Theran tapped his head as he continued. “I wanted to see how you would react under pressure and you didny disappoint.”

Sapphire’s mind went blank, she didn’t know how to react to this. She just awkwardly stared at him for about a minute till he broke the silence. “Haze I think broke your friend.”

“Sapph?” Haze shook her shoulder and Sapphire shook her head. She looked at Haze when she spoke again. “You ok?”

“Y-yeah…” Sapphire finally found her voice again. “He just…this has thrown me off a bit.” She put her face in her hooves and rubbed her temple. “Ah this is hurting my head.”

“Nothing will be easy, especially in a fight.” Theran continued to speak, gesturing to her as he did. “I won’t lie, there will be that time where you will have to make an important diction, and that diction may mean the difference between life and death for you, or another.”

“Wow…this is pretty deep stuff.” Sapphire thought. What she said was. “So…you wouldn’t really send me back to my Mother?”

“Absolutely not.” Theran said swiftly and in a flat tone. “I would never send you back to that slave driver.” The way he described Sapphire’s mother was full of distain and disgust.

Sapphire was genially surprised. She never thought Theran could be so uplifting, to know that he had her back. She attempted to speak through her surprise. “I uh…well uh…th-thank you.” Was all she could say.

Theran actually smirked at that. “Well that’s good to hear. Now eat up your soup’s getting cold.”

Sapphire shook her head clear and went back to eating her seconds.


(Violet)

After finally filling up with some good old grub Theran got the girls to do some drills as he calls them. He showed them how to parry, block and counter and was now making them repeat these three moves over and over. If one of them made a miss step or wrong angle with their stick, Theran thwaped their flanks with his stick.

While this went on, Violet sat on the side-lines sharpening her sword. She knew she didn’t really need to sharpen it so much, it was at this point super sharp. But it was kind of a habit for her, it made her feel relaxed and helped her think.

Right now she couldn’t stop thinking about how violent she was back at the Merc’s cabin. She couldn’t remember half of what happened, all she had in her head were blurry images and most of them were red. She had killed so many in her blind rage and now…now that it was over and Theran wasn’t dead, all those deaths seemed pointless.

She felt her heart start to race as regret started to seep into her mind. She needed something to distract herself from this, so she put her sword down and got up. She trotted over to Theran who was yelling. “Haze watch where you put your hoof and Sapphire what did I say about using your wings for…”

“Theran.” Violet cut in.

Theran stopped yelling at the girls and brought his attention to Violet. “Vi? What do you want?”

“I want to spar with you.”

Theran looked and sounded surprised. “Huh? Vi I’m in the middle of…”

“I’m not asking.” Violet stated. “I want to spar right now.” She glanced at the girls who were looking at them in confusion. “And besides don’t you think its better if we show them how it’s done with a demonstration?”

Theran glanced at the girls then back at Violet. He seemed unsure. “Um…Vi are you feeling al…”

“I’m sorry is this hard for you to understand?” Violet snapped slightly, her blood pressure rising.

Theran arched one side of his brow in dull bewilderment. He said to her in an even calm voice. “Alright then.” He gestured to one of the girls and it was Haze who gave him her stick. “Let’s play.”

He tossed it over to her and she caught it swiftly in her sword hoof. She stood on her hind legs and they walked away from the girls till they stopped at three meters. Theran got into his Razor’s Edge stance almost daring her to attack.

Violet took up a more relaxed stance, setting her arms to her sides while having her legs spread slightly. She breathed steady as she lowered her heart rate. She cleared her mind and only focused on Theran, Staring at him with an intense glare.
Theran slowly began in move sideways to his right and Violet did the same by moving to her right.
The two circled each other, not breaking eye contact for a second. She left her excitement rise as she waited for his first move. She made a quick glance to one side and just like she knew he would he lunged forward going in for a stab at her chest.
Violet quickly pointed her stick straight up in her hoof and backwards smacked Theran’s stick out of the way. As his stick went of to the side Violet brought her stick down hard for his head but he recovered fast like she knew he would.

Holding both ends of his stick now Theran blocked her downward stroke and countered by pushing her stick off to his right. The move made Violet lean in just enough for Theran to have a try for her face with the other end of his stick. But she saw this coming and quickly jumped back from him and he missed.

Violet breathed deeply but steadily as she felt her heart thump strongly in her chest. It was a good feeling that she enjoyed very much, letting her know she was alive. But Theran, with him she didn’t know anymore. He retook his stance and seemed completely un-phased. She didn’t even know if he was alive or dead or was he something in between. As she observed him she watched his chest rise and fall with his every breath, watched as his nose flared with steam from his breathing, watched as his wolf ears twitch at the slightest sound and watched as his wolf like eyes took her in.

He seemed alive to her without a doubt but how alive was he? As they began to circle each other once more Violet decided to speak. “ You’re quite spritely for a guy who was dead just yesterday.” She teased.

“I recover fast.” Theran boasted with a smirk.

Violet gave him a quick smirk of her own. “Is that a so? Well then hope you don’t mind if I bash you bloody for yesterday.”

Theran huffed. “You’re still mad at me? Wasny kneeing my balls in enough for you?” He asked in a teasing way.

Violet liked his teasing and she responded. “Oh no there’s still plenty of anger left to vent. I guess your face will have to do.”

Theran spread his arms in a welcoming manner. “Well then what are you waiting for? Let’s have some of that anger.”

Violet huffed and pounced in the air above him. Theran looked up half surprised as she came down on him, thrusting her stick right for his face. He hopped back in time for her to land in front of him. She missed but she recovered her stride and swung at his stomach.

Using his flank he shifted his weight backward and the stick pasted him. But Violet wasn’t going to let him counter as she countered his counter with a flurry of strikes aimed at his shoulders and legs. He had to work frantically to keep her storm of strikes at bay but he was keeping up with her attacks, blocking and parrying each and every blow. Their sticks making a melody of thwack and cracks.

She felt her cool start to waver as she was getting nowhere. As he parried her stick to the side he was going to hit her in the side but she pushed herself forward. They collided and began to grapple each other. Theran was strong but she was stronger as she pushed him down to his knees.

Now she could see he was really struggling as a bead of sweat ran down his forehead and he was puffing out strained breaths. At this rate she feared she would break his arms in her anger but he did something she wasn’t expecting.

He fell back suddenly and she fell with him. He then placed a back hoof in between her legs and flipped her up and over him. She gasped as she became weightless for a split second before landing on her back hard. Stunned, she had no time to react as Theran himself flipped backward and rolled on top of her, pinning her to the spot. She stared at him as he pointed the end of his stick right between her eyes. She didn’t move.

“Again…” Theran said panting. “I…recover…fast.”

Violet felt like she was transfixed by the stick pointing at the face and the weight of Theran on top of her. She would like to of thought of this as being sort of romantic in a way, if it weren’t for Haze and Sapphire watching. At the thought of that she blushed almost uncontrollably. “Um…Theran?” He blinked. “You’re uh…sitting on my…”

Theran’s eyes widened as he realised the way this looked and he blushed in embarrassment. “Oh uh…sorry.” He got off of her and offered a hoof to help her up. “I didn’t mean to uh…”

“It’s fine.” Violet said quickly as she brushed herself off. “No really it’s fine.” It really wasn’t fine as butterflies started to form in her stomach. “It was a good spar. Hope I’m not as rusty now.” She finished with a nerves chuckle.

Theran blinked. “Uh yeah…me too.” He coughed into his hoof and brought his attention to the girls. “Now I hope you two learned something from watching that.”

Haze and Sapphire gave each other sly looks as they grinned mischievously. “Oh we may have learned a thing or two.” They both started to giggle and Theran scowled at them red faced.

Violet couldn’t help but giggle herself as Theran sorted the two youths out with stern words and a few quick smacks on their flanks. Who was she kidding he was the same old Theran she had grown to admire. His “immortality” didn’t change a thing in her eyes but she did have many questions she wanted to ask him.
But that was something for later.

For now she was contempt with just relaxing and watching the girls practise.


(Kyl)

Kyl stood by the ruined gate of the once beautiful Snow Rock city, that was now nothing more than burning rubble and a symphony of rotting corpses. The darkness he had unleashed now blanketed the city in dark fog and the land around it. Any living thing that found itself within the fog rapidly mutate into a misshapen bloodthirsty monster that seeks to infect and change any other into something similar…or worse.
Kyl was unaffected by the fog however. His armour was airtight and protected him from infection. Actually the infected that scuttled and shambled about completely ignored him, though they knew he was there. He would catch some at the corner of his eye just staring right at him with their black soulless eyes and permanent smiles full of needle like teeth.

It didn’t bother him though for he felt nothing for what he had done. What were feelings anyway? His old self the one buried deep inside his mind would know of such things but his old self was no more real than the empty void in his heart.

He sensed a presence drawing near and from the shadows of the fog his Master appeared with his son and daughter right behind him. They weren’t wearing anything that would stop infection but Kyl immediately came to the conclusion that they were immune. Kyl bowed his head low and spoke in an emotionless voice. “My task is complete Master, the city is yours.”

The Witch Doctor seemed to take in the destruction around him in calm pleasure, the ends of his lizard like lips curling upwards in a wicked grin. “Well done my servant.” He said in awe as he spread his long arms, truly taking in the sight. “You have given us an excellent stronghold for us to conduct and resume our long awaited conquest.”

He turned to his daughter and asked in a raspy yet pleased voice. “Orenda my dear, how are our new specimens?”

Orenda crouched her elegant body down so she was level with one infected and cupped her clawed hands under its rotten chin. “Very well formed.” She stated in her elegant almost godly voice. “And ready to obey.” She stroked its unpleasant head and its dead eyes twitched as she did so.

“Perfect.” The Witch Doctor mused. He then faced his son. “Ornstein?”

Ornstein straightened at his name. “Yes Father?” He asked in his deep-throated yet thunderous voice.

“Go and gather our long awaiting servants and let them know we have returned.” He ordered his son. His son bowed his helmeted head without question and disappeared in the fog once more. The Witch Doctor then finally looked at Kyl again and gestured his claws at him. “Come, show me this…Snow Rock city.”

Kyl bowed and began to walk back to where he unleashed the darkness. His Master was right beside him. His clawed feet clicked and clattered with every step he took, the cloth on his demonic armour fluttering in the wind that blew through the empty streets. Now and then they came across an infected and it would lumber on by as if they weren’t there. The Witch Doctor spoke suddenly as they walked. “Tell me my servant...what do you see before you?”

Kyl looked at his Master. “Pardon?”

“What do you see?” He re-asked with a gesture to the streets around them.

Kyl looked around. Buildings were either on fire or completely empty. The streets they walked on either had dead half eaten bodies, shambling infected or nothing at all. And then there was the fog, it was almost like a living being in itself as it moved and slivered through the streets like a ghostly snake. Kyl looked back at his master and said. “I don’t follow the meaning of your question?”

The Witch Doctor smiled and gestured around him. “You know what I see, progress. This…” He stopped speaking when they entered the place where Kyl let loos the fog. He was staring at the statue of the Arch mage, Theran Razorblade. Kyl stopped and his Master walked on his own to the statue and stood in front of it. He was so tall he was eye level with the stone figure and he stared into its cold fake eyes.

“Master?” Kyl asked in confusion. “Is something wrong?”

He continued to stare at the statue, narrowing his insect-ish eyes. “This is only the beginning.” He continued after a moment of silence. “Hello there my old enemy.” He said to the statue. “It’s been quite some time since we last saw each other.” He reached out and ran a claw down one of the statue’s cheeks. “You thought I was dead didn’t you? You thought you had stopped the coming storm?” His claw stopped right in the middle of the statue’s neck. “For a time that was so.” He cut his claw into the very stone with ease, making its foundation crack. “But I have returned and now you are nothing more than a faded memory in the sands of time.”

As Kyl watched this display of clear hate toward the figure the statue represented, Orenda had approached them from behind. “Father I have gathered all the infected in the city. They are ready.”

The Witch Doctor stood away from the statue and looked at his daughter. “How large is our legion?” He asked her.

Orenda had he helmet on but Kyl heard the cockiness in her voice. “Large enough to rival an army.”

“Excellent.” He sighed in pleasure. Something was forming in his hand, a blade of purple dark fire. “And this time…” He spun with incredible speed and cut clean through the statue’s neck, letting it crash to the ground and fall to pieces. “Nothing will stop us.”



(Stat system)

Welcome to the Stat system where you the reader will be able to see the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the main group.
This system will change as the characters go through the story showing you just how they learn and change as individuals.


Theran Razorblade:
Strength: 68
Endurance: 104 + 1
Intelligence: 72 +1
Agility: 84

Perks: (Blood Rage)(Combat Expert)(Quick healer)
(Keen senses)(Sneaker)(Strong back)(Magic expert)(Cheese lover)
(Heavy fit)(Quick reflexes)(Immortal)

With resent events Theran has gained a buff in sneaking, endurance and speech.

Violet:
Strength: 72 + 2 -1
Endurance: 103 + 2 -1
Intelligence: 70 -1
Agility: 68 + 2

Perks: (Survivor)(Swordsmen)(Strong back)(Strong Stomach)
(Head strong)(Stallion killer)(Swift knife)(Quick reflexes)

With resent events Violet is troubled and lost her composure but gained a buff in strength, endurance and agility. She also gained the perk “Battle Rage” Now when she gets angry she dose more damage.

Summer Haze:
Strength: 18 + 5 -3
Endurance: 32 + 5 -2
Intelligence: 76 + 5 - 2
Agility: 22 + 2 – 1

Perks: (Shape shifter)(Love sense)(Natural healer)(Book Junky)
(Cookie monster)(Survival instincts)(Heavy sleeper)(Magic deflect)

With Her new knowledge in fighting Haze has gained the perk “Quick reflexes” for her fast reaction time in training. Know in fights she can react faster.


Sapphire:
Strength: 20 + 5 -3
Endurance: 29 + 4 - 1
Intelligence: 65 +5 - 4
Agility: 24 +3 - 1

Perks: (Hot head)(Heavy hoofed)(Light weight)(Sneaker)(Rebel at heart)

With her new knowledge in fighting Sapphire has gained the perk “Two heads” Now when she works with Haze she gains a +5 in intelligent.