• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 7,194 Views, 10 Comments

Saving Derpy Whooves - Junster00741



Derpy was loved by many but soon that love turned into seething anger. Will she be able to stay in Ponyville or will the hatred of the other ponies force her to leave?

  • ...
2
 10
 7,194

Part 7: The True Culprit Is...

The True Culprit Is…
When we returned from the Everfree Forest we brought a friend with us who could assist us in the situation. She was a zebra that lived in the Everfree Forest, she spoke in riddles with a strange accent and she wore gold hoops on her neck, left front leg, and ears. She carried with her a welcoming but somewhat mischievous expression on her face as she smiled to anyone who came her way. There was also something else about her that I couldn’t figure out, I don’t know what but when I’m close to her I feel a little strange. Her name is Zecora.

“It troubles me to hear your stories of woe.” Said Zecora as she glanced over to Derpy, “Through the normal eye she may seem fine but with other senses it is easy to tell that something is troubling our dear Derpy Whooves.”

“Um right…” I said awkwardly since I wasn’t sure what the heck she was saying. I’ve only talked to her about three times at most and that was when I first came to this world. Immediately she could tell I wasn’t from this world from the ‘energy’ I was giving off. I wasn’t sure what that meant but Zecora then advised me to never take matters into extreme for the consequences could be dire. I always assumed she meant don’t be stupid about things but now I’m starting to see what she meant by not letting my anger take over…At least that’s what I’m assuming.

“Ya think everypony in town replied to your letters?” questioned Applejack, “I don’t see any letters around nor did I see anypony as we made our way back from the Everfree Forest.”

“I actually have a room where all my mail is put in,” said Twilight as she began to led us to said room, “it’s on the second floor so we can just walk there.”

“What no teleportation now?” Rainbow Dash complained, “I could fly there easily if I wanted to ya know.”

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Exercise is good for you Rainbow Dash so by all means, go stretch your wings or something while we take our time.”

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” said Rainbow as she darted through the halls to wherever the wind was taking her.

“Let’s hope she doesn’t get lost.” Urged Rarity, “Last time I was lost I almost started eating the walls.”

“But there’s made of crystal…” argued Pinkie, “How exactly could you-“

“When you’re hungry enough anything looks appealing.” Said Rarity in a strict tone as she didn’t bother turning to Pinkie Pie.

“Remind me to tell Twilight to put maps on each floor.” I whispered over to Fluttershy.

“Dually noted.” Fluttershy whispered back, “Oh and remind me that we have to wash the animals after this.”

As we followed Twilight a few guards passed by, some greeted Twilight and us while others only greeted the Princess and pretended like we didn’t exist. Despite the rudeness of that I didn’t let it get to me since the walk left me in a good mood. I still would’ve like to nap but the walk was a mind easer so it’s a win win I suppose.

By the time we made it to Twilight’s mail room Rainbow Dash was already there, leaning over the wall with an impatient look on her face. When she noticed us she groaned in annoyance, “ABOUT TIME!” she shouted, “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting!?” Before we could reply Rainbow continued, “Ten minutes, TEN MINUTES!” she cried, “Ugh those were the longest ten minutes of my life, do you know what I’ve could’ve done in ten minutes?”

“Not complain to us?” I argued with an irritated tone, “Or maybe you could’ve napped.” Rainbow Dash would’ve continued but it seemed like my words were enough to shut her up as she realized she was basically being a baby. Afterwards we entered the mail room only to be stop at the first few steps at the mountain of letters that stood before us. It was so high I think it actually touched the ceiling! “How many did you send Twilight?” I cried with shock.

“Only enough for everypony in Ponyville!” said Twilight with disbelief, “How could we have gotten so many!?”

“My oh my do you know how long I’ve been waiting here for you ponies?” said an unfamiliar voice from within the mountain of letters, “Honestly I thought good friend never keep a friend waiting.”

“Oh geez.” Groaned Twilight as everyone but Fluttershy and I sighed with what’s about to come, “He’s here, again.” She mumbled.

Before I could even ask who he was, a being I have never seen emerged from the mountain of letters. At first glance I wanted to turn tail and run for the hills but as I got a better look at this being…Well I wasn’t sure what the hell I was even looking at.

From the top it had mismatched horns, its eyes were yellow with red pupils while it’s head was of a goat from what I could tell. Its body was of an eagle while its right arm was of a lion and the other a bird of some sort. To the lower bottom it had the leg of a alligator or crocodile while the other was of a hoof legged animal. Dragon like spines were shown as it made its way down to its dragon like tail that seemed to be waving in mischief as this monstrosity was staring us down with a smirk.

“Hello Discord.” Groaned everypony but Fluttershy and I, Fluttershy seemed delighted to see this fellow being while I on the other hand was wondering if Zecora might’ve slipped a wild mushroom into me.

“A pleasure to be of your acquaintance as well.” Said Discord as he slithered over to Fluttershy for a hug, “And a delight to see you my best friend.” He said with joy as him and Fluttershy held each other for what seemed to be an awkwardly long time.

“Um…Ahem?” I blurted abruptly, “I don’t mean to be rude but how do I put it delicately…Oh yes, WHAT THE HELL AM I LOOKING AT!” I cried in horror, “God this is the most the fucked up thing I’ve seen my whole life and I’ve seen many things so you know that’s saying a lot!”

“Cerulean!” scolded Fluttershy, “Where are you manners?”

“Manners, do you really think I’d worry about manners when I’m staring at that thing over there!” I argued as I pointed to Discord who seemed to be laughing at all this.

“Oh no it’s quiet alright,” said Discord as he put down Fluttershy and went over to me, “as you already heard, my name is Discord and I am the Master of Chaos.” He proclaimed with high authority, “I am also a Draconequus but you need not to worry about that.” He said casually as he pulled up a chair from nowhere and sat me down, “Now then,” said Discord as I was now in some theater with Discord up on stage, “my story starts like this. A thousand years ago I used to rule all of Equestria with an iron paw, or claw, and all trembled beneath my power. But one day, Celestia and Luna came by and put an end to my rain, using the Elements of Harmony to turn me into stone and for a thousand years I was locked, unable to move or speak. It was hard yes but one day, after many many many many MANY years later, during a class field trip a group of girls came by arguing and bringing discord about. Their little dispute was enough to awaken me and soon I was free and once again, Equestria was thrown into chaos until the new Element Wielders, Twilight and her friends, put an end to it as well and encased me in stone. For another year or so I was back to my old cold cell until fate smiled upon me. I was given another chance by Celestia as I was assigned watchers.” He took a moment to pause as he cleared his throat, “Your friends were to reform me and Fluttershy was the only one up to task for it, as for the others well they had their doubts but soon Fluttershy opened my eyes as I saw how valuable friendship is. So now as I stand here today I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my best friend Fluttershy.” He shed a few tears that he wiped away with a napkin that appeared before him then disappeared after.

The theater and chairs all disappeared with a poof and we were all back in the mail room with the mountain of letters, “That’s some story.” I muttered as I gathered my bearings, “Well it’s good to hear that you’re doing the right thing now but can I ask what are you doing here?”

“Oh ho-ho yes how silly of me,” said Discord as he laughed at himself, “I came here to say hello to Fluttershy but when I came by the castle was empty, if you ignore the guards. So I did a little exploring and soon found myself in this room and since the giant stack of letters was here I assumed this is where you’d all be but I didn’t expect for you to bring some guest.” He looked over to Derpy and Doctor Whooves before noticing Zecora, “Ah yes the zebra of the woods, how are you?” he wondered as he hurried over to Zecora to shake her hoof, “It’s been a little while hasn’t it?”

“Haha I supposed it has,” replied Zecora as she took a step back, “it is good to see you again Master of Chaos. It’s nice to see that you have change so much in so little time.”

“Oh please,” boasted Discord as he grew red in the face, “you’re just saying that.”

“Well it’s true!” argued Fluttershy, “You’ve learned so much in so little and I’m so proud of you for that.”

Discord smiled before looking over to me with curiosity, “Forgive me but I haven’t gotten your name.” he insisted.

“Cerulean,” I said happily, “Cerulean Protector. Nice to meet you Discord, Master of Chaos.”

“Oh I like you already,” said Discord as he slithered around me with envy, “I can tell you and I are going to get along just well!” he proclaimed confidently, “With your help who knows what we can achieve.”

“What do you mean?” I wondered.

“Huh? Oh sorry I got lost in thought,” Discord muttered as he wrapped his body around me and lifted me up, “might I ask as to how you came across to these ponies?” he asked nicely.

“It’s a long story…” I explained, “I don’t mean be to rude or anything but can it wait? We have something important that needs to be taken care of.” I motioned over to Derpy.

Discord eyed Derpy before reverting his gaze back to me, “Oh how ignorant of me,” he stated as he bowed and took a couple of steps back, “please by all means pretend I’m not here.”

“Kind of hard to do that…” muttered Applejack as she walked over to the pile of letters and pulled out one. Ripping it open she read through it before going wide eye, “Well um…That’s certainly something I wasn’t expecting.” She said as she grabbed another letter, ripped it open and read it. Her expression worsened with each passing letter before she turned to Twilight with worry, “Um…Twilight could I have a word?” she asked as politely as possible.

This wasn’t good as Twilight walked over to Applejack and had a small talk, at the end Twilight gasped before turning to the pile of letter and setting them aflame. The room lit up with mighty rush of flames, the letters were burnt to a crisp as Twilight teleported the remains to who knows where, “Well then…I’m going to say that our plan was a complete failure.”

“What did they say?” wondered Derpy.

Applejack and Twilight looked over to Derpy with worry, “Let’s just say…It wasn’t for the faint of heart.” Said Applejack, “You’d be surprised at how colorful their vocabulary is.” Added Twilight.

“Oh…” said Derpy as she lowered her head, “So none of them were good?”

“Afraid not,” replied Applejack, “its best if you didn’t read them sugarcube.”

“So what now?” questioned Rainbow Dash, “We’re at a dead end now...”

“We’re not giving up,” stated Twilight, “this is just…A minor setback, that’s all.” Her face didn’t look as convincing as her words, it seemed like we were all at our wits end with this. I’ve been going above and beyond since yesterday, despite the rest I’m still not all there emotionally so all I could do was just watch as we all sulked with empty heads. No matter how hard I thought my mind came short, my only support now was Fluttershy’s comfort.

“To hear such hatred is truly sad,” said Zecora, “but have you all wondered as to why there is such anger against this pony?” she pointed over to Derpy, “In my eyes she is too pure to have done wrong.”

“We have pointed it out,” said Twilight, “but we honestly we can’t figure out why Derpy is hated so much. She was loved one day and the next, she’s Ponyville’s most hated!” Twilight groaned as she plopped down in defeated, “I thought of every factor possible but nothing adds up!”

“Have any of those factors included magic?” questioned Discord.

“What do you mean magic?” wondered Rarity.

“Well hear me out,” pleaded Discord, “as much as I love chaos this hatred isn’t natural. I’m sure you all know that so what if somepony put a spell that changed the love for Derpy and turned it into hatred?”

“That can’t be it.” Argued Applejack, “Who would ever do such a thing?”

“I’m not sure but to perform such a spell would require great magic…” Discord stated.

“Where are you getting at?” I wondered.

Discord eyed me and noticed a frightening glare over my face, “Well what if a certain princess did this?”

“Like Celestia?”

“Yes, Celestia possesses such power so she can only fit the page as to why this is happening.”

“As much as I would argue with that statement,” said Twilight, “it’s the only one that makes the most sense.”

“What do you mean?” questioned Discord.

Twilight motioned to me, making me heave tiredly seeing that I wanted to tell him this later on instead of now, “Celestia used me…” I explained, “I’m not really a pony, I’m a human that’s been tested on by Celestia. She brought Fluttershy to my world to see how a human would react and if we were ready to meet ponies. I spent a whole life with Fluttershy and when I learned this, it broke me and now. Celestia has assigned me watchers, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. They are all to watch over me and if I screw up, cause an uproar or something terrible well…It’s back to my world and I can never see Fluttershy again.” I took in a deep breath and continued, my voice was starting to crack as well as some tears were welling up, “She also said I would have these tests and if I pass well I guess I stay but if I fail I might be taken back…” I gritted my teeth, “It’s all just bullshit if you ask me…” I growled before my head began pounding all of the sudden, “Ugh…I need to sit.” I muttered as I carefully took a seat and rubbed my aching head.

Discord took everything he had heard and thought over it before responding, “If this is so than a new era has begun.” He said quietly, “All I can say to that however is sorry but thank you. Thank you for taking care of my dear Fluttershy. She’s my very best friend and it means a lot that you have watched over her for so long.” His sounded frail for a moment before continuing, “Tomorrow I want you all to gather every pony to Town Square, there I will conduct a removal spell that will rid the hatred of these ponies.”

“Is that even possible?” questioned Fluttershy as she comforted me.

“For me yes,” replied Discord, “Celestia isn’t the only one with great magic remember.”

Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but smile a little, “Who would’ve thought that you were this crafty.” She said approval, “Despite how annoying you can be…You’re alright Discord.”

Discord took the comment lightly and smirked, “Remember that I did oppose Celestia so only I could truly do this.”

“Well we’re thankful for your help,” said Twilight, “it means a lot to all of us that you’re showing how good you really are.”

Discord rolled his eyes, “It only took a few years at most.” He said with a laugh before coming over to me, “As for you though take it easy today, take some time off and go rest. You’ve obviously went through a great deal of stress and we all have our limits until we snap.”

“I can relate…” I replied as I pushed myself and turned to Twilight, “I’m going to take a nap then, mind taking me to your room?” I asked.

Twilight nodded as her horn began to glow, soon I was encased in a magic bubble that brought to her with room with Fluttershy. I looked around and quickly spotted her bed, “I’ve always wondered what a royal bed felt like.” I muttered as I walked over and belly flopped onto the bed onto to land with light thump before sinking into the bed, “Oh my fritters it’s like a cloud!” I cried as my head was buried within the bed.

Fluttershy smiled, seeing that even in the worst of times I can still be a goof in some way, “Well make some room.” She ordered as she climbed in and cuddled next to me, “Oh my…It is like a cloud…” she moaned as she too began to sink into the bed.

“I could die in this bed at peace!” I cried as I held Fluttershy closely, “Haha…Glad things are starting to work out though.” I muttered as I calmed myself and stared at the ceiling.

“Can’t argued with that,” yawned Fluttershy as she went silent for a moment, “um…Cerulean?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I um…” her face began to blush, “lay on you?” she squeed a little at the end.

“S-sure…” I replied as Fluttershy positioned herself over me, all the while my heart began to speed up, “You comfy?” I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

Fluttershy nodded, “What do we do when wake up?” she wondered.

“I um…I don’t know.” I replied as I found myself fixed on her eyes, “Hey Fluttershy?”

“Yes?”

“…I love you.” I gave her a peck on the cheek.

Fluttershy smiled as she gave me a peck on the lips, “Go to sleep.”

Author's Note:

Now before you wonder, I have no idea when the next part will be posted. I actually put down the fanfics for a month or two because i was focused on my original story but only recently I have been able to get back into the writers mood. That being said, i'm happy with how things are going this time around. Honestly the ending is going to be rather epic (in my opinion) but that's for you to decide when you read it. I'm not sure when the part will be posted because I don't know when i'll get back to it but I feel like it'll be soon to say the least, on writing the part I mean.

Also some things I want to clear up, i'll be reworking the other stories that come after this because I have new ideas on how things should go. I don't know how the whole process with go but i'm hoping it'll shape up the story better than before. There will be drama (kinda my thing) and arguements and such but there will be moments where you will go awe or something will get you in the feels. (sorry I tug heart strings, please see a doctor if I do lol)

If i ever do decide to post the war story, which I have thought of, my only problem will be the pacing cause i'll be honest, chapter 1 already had ponies dying left and right like the zombies in Left 4 Dead (if you haven't played it just look up a small video and you'll see what I mean) Also with the other stories that I did plan on working i'm not sure what to do with them now, Just stop with them or give it a chance and see how things go. With being able to get back into the writers mood I feel somewhat confident that things will look up but my motivation is pretty crappy so not holding my breath on that.

ANYWAY, i've rambled on LONG ENOUGH. I hope you all enjoyed this part, let me know what you think of it. Write a comment and I did my best to correct errors and such, if you see any fill free to let me know. Also, check out Youtube Channel :D I have a few videos up and my name is Cerulean Protector. They're all bland at most but i'm doing my best to provide decent qaulity videos. Please give my channel a chance and sub if you like what you see! Until then, SEE YOU ALL IN THE FINAL PART :D /D

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment