• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 7,194 Views, 10 Comments

Saving Derpy Whooves - Junster00741



Derpy was loved by many but soon that love turned into seething anger. Will she be able to stay in Ponyville or will the hatred of the other ponies force her to leave?

  • ...
2
 10
 7,194

Part 5: Doctor Who?

The sun was starting to set when we got to Rainbow Dash’s house, luckily for us we made it here with no problems. We actually didn’t bother with the clouds again since Derpy didn’t want to waste time. She seemed to be doing better now, she didn’t look as traumatized as before but the talk we had did wonders for her. I’m actually glad I told her the truth, I was also completely drained emotionally considering today. At least it was the end of the day and Rainbow Dash was the last one we needed to see today.

“How you feeling?” questioned Twilight, “Everything alright in your end?”

I yawned in response and smiled, “Yeah I’m all good, exhausted but good.” Twilight smiled back, “So how did you handle being told what I did?”

“It was...Unsettling and unexpecting,” Twilight explained with slight uneasiness, “I knew you could fight but, I never imagined you to go to that point of extreme.”

“You sound like Derpy,” I argued in a low tone, “really I don’t know why I couldn’t stop myself. I’m normally in control but something in my just went berserk and well, you already know what happened.”

“I think we all have our moments...” Twilight said before looking up at Rainbow’s house, “Let’s just hope she’s home and not off doing something reckless.”

We laughed at the remark then asked who would be the one to get her. Without needing an answer Pinkie launched herself into Rainbow Dash’s house with her party cannon that she somehow pulled out from thin air. She adjusted herself before pulling the cord that made the cannon fire her out and rainboom speed. She defiantly had no problem breaking through the house even though it is made out of clouds. However, like Pinkie she overdid it and instead of firing into the house, she fired through the house and was soon out of sight.

“TOO MUCH POWER!!!” she yelled as her voice grew distant.

Coming out of the house in a panic was a Pegasus mare with a light blue coat, rainbow colored mane and tail and magenta like eyes. Her flank bared a storm cloud that was sending a rainbow lightening down. You could easily guess her name with the colors but it’s not like I’ve said her name a few times already.

“What just happened!?” cried the mare as she scanned the area around her, “I was just napping one moment then suddenly Pinkie Pie came bursting through my floor and out the roof!”

“Good to see you’re awake Rainbow Dash!” I shouted in the distance, “Would you mind if we had a talk?”

Rainbow looked over to us with still some shock in her, “Did you not see Pinkie fly by just now?” she wondered as she still continued to look around.

I smiled seeing her worry for her dear but uncontrollable friend, “Knowing her she’ll be back in no time!” I replied, “Why don’t you come down, we need to have a talk.”

Rainbow groaned at the last part, “But I was busy napping!” she complained suddenly forgetting about her friend.

“The sun is setting,” I argued, “it won’t take long I promise.”

“Ugh fine.” Rainbow groaned as she flew down to us, “What is it?” she demanded before noticing Derpy, “Hey I haven’t seen you in a while, how you been?”

“YOU KNOW HER!?” shouted every pony in disbelief.

“Duh,” Rainbow replied with a bit of annoyance, “Derpy and I were the representatives for Ponyville along with Fluttershy and that big bulky pony. She was to my replacement and there was that one time we had to funnel out the water for Cloudsdale. I helped her out with proper flight stance and then there was that one time we were painting that banner thing for Applejack.” Rainbow would’ve continued on but she was stopped short when Pinkie Pie suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

She came down from above and dropped right onto Rainbow’s back, sending her a few meters down under making a pretty big hole in the process. When the dust and debris cleared Pinkie was seen leaning over Rainbow Dash with a smile, “Hello.” she said happily.

Rainbow groaned in pain before shaking her head, “Hello Pinkie Pie...” she grunted before pushing her off and herself up, “Fancy meeting you here.”

“Why is it so fancy?” questioned Pinkie as she got up herself, “Is it because Rarity is here?”

“It’s just a saying...” muttered Rainbow before helping Pinkie up to the surface.

When they were above ground they dusted themselves off, “Now then...” said Rainbow as she gathered her bearings, “What do you want to talk about?” It was clear to see was pretty ticked off at this point so I made it quick. I explained to her how Derpy’s been feeling, how she’s been treated around the other ponies in Ponyville and how today went. When I told her about the incident she seemed rather horrified but also seemed to understand where I was coming from. She was completely thrown back however, when I told her that I confessed my true story to Derpy.

“You mean to tell me you told her that you’re human?” Rainbow asked as she looked over to Derpy with worry, “What did she say about it?”

“She’s ok with it,” I replied happily, “she’s not going to say a word about this to anyone but us.”

“I see,” said Rainbow as she looked over to Derpy with now gratitude, “so what did you need me for?” she wondered.

“We need your help,” I explained, “we all want to help Derpy out with this problem she’s been facing for a while and we’re wondering if you could help us. We don’t have plan but I’m sure with our combined efforts we can think of something.”

Rainbow was already on board with the first few words, it was easy to see it in her eyes, “Count me in!” she shouted proudly as she kicked her front legs up, “I’d love to help out cause I never leave a friend hanging!”

I smiled happily with her answer, “Well now that that’s settled, where should we meet to discuss our plan tomorrow?”

“Why not at Twilight’s,” suggested Fluttershy, “it’ll be the only place where no one can try to sneak up on us like earlier.”

“Good point,” I replied as I turned to Twilight, “you don’t mind right?” I asked.

“Of course not,” answered Twilight, “if it’s to help a friend then as the Princess of Friendship it is my duty to see it through.”

Some of us smile while Pinkie and Derpy cheered for joy, Pinkie kept it going but Derpy immediately grew red in the face and stopped, “Um...Hehe.” she uttered awkwardly as she tried to pretend that nothing happened.

“Should we all head home then?” I wondered as I turned to the setting sun, “It’s getting late and I don’t want to keep you all waiting if you need to be home.”

“Yer right about that,” said Applejack, “tonight Granny is cooking up her famous sweet apple cinnamon pie and I DO NOT want to miss out on that!” she began high tailing it home, “I’ll see you all tomorrow, take care!” she shouted as her voice grew distance.

“I suppose I ought to head home as well,” said Rarity, “Sweetie Belle must be waiting on me for dinner, tonight we’re ordering take out so I’m sure she’s getting a little irritable with my absence.”

“You mind saving us some chow for tomorrow?” I wondered as I gave her the puppy dog look, “I haven’t had all that much to eat...”

Rarity smirked as she raised her brow at me, “That’s not what Applejack told me.” she argued.

I grew silent for a moment before laughing, “Well at least you pay attention.” I mumbled, “Smart and fabulous, what more could a pony want!”

Rarity rolled her eyes, “Well it’s not quite so easy to be this elegant.” she argued as she played with her mane a little.

“Yeah you got about a few good years of looking good before it all goes downhill.”

“Ha-ha yes I do- A FEW YEARS!?” cried Rarity as she pulled a mirror out of nowhere, “Oh good heavens, CROWS FEET!” she screamed as she high tailed it home herself, “I GOTTA GET A FACIAL NOW!”

“It was a joke!” I shouted but she was already out of hearing range, “Talk about obsessive.” I grumbled.

Every pony laughed, “I hope she doesn’t worry about it tomorrow.” said Twilight as she looked over to Derpy, “What will you do for the time being now Derpy?” she wondered.

Derpy shrugged, “I guess I could stay with Cerulean and Fluttershy again,” she suggested as she turned to the direction of Ponyville, “for now I want to avoid going home because I’m afraid some ponies will try to break in and do something with me...”

“That’s completely understandable,” said Twilight as she now turned to Fluttershy and I, “you two don’t mind right?”

“NO I NEVER WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN!” I shouted before chuckling, “Heh just kidding, we don’t mind.” Fluttershy smacked me in the back of the head softly with her wing, “Ow...I was just joking!” I complained.

Fluttershy scolded me for a moment before smiling, “I know,” she replied happily, “but you shouldn’t do it too often.”

I pouted, “It was just a joke...”

“Maybe you should leave the jokes to me,” suggested Pinkie Pie, “you’re still learning and you came off more blunt than sarcastic.”

“GOD CAN I NOT BE FUNNY!?” I cried as I threw myself onto the ground like a ragdoll and laid there lifeless. The girls laughed my foolishness before helping me up but even then I continued to be a ragdoll as I threw my whole weight onto Fluttershy who was only able to hold me up for so long until her muscles gave out. I laid over her stomach with a smile on my face as she gasped for air, “I’m not that heavy right?” I wondered as I turned to the others.

“I’d assume you’re normal weight,” said Twilight as she used her magic to lift me up, “but without the proper weight measure I can’t be for sure.” she proclaimed as she plopped me to the ground and helped Fluttershy up.

I stopped playing around and pulled myself together, “So we’ll see each other tomorrow right?” I asked as I dusted myself off.

“Right,” acknowledged Rainbow Dash, “I don’t know when but I’m going to assume some time in the afternoon.” she said as she took flight, “Well I don’t know about you but I should get back to my nap, I’m starting to wake up and I’m not going to leave Tank hanging with his nap.” she said her goodbyes and flew up to her house. As for us we began making our way back to Ponyville, along the way we talked here and there but really we were pretty exhausted from what happened today.

As we walked with Twilight back to her castle Twilight suggested that we should stay with her for the night since what Derpy said about home had her worried and she wanted us to meet some pony. She didn’t say who but she hinted to Derpy that she would be very glad to meet him. So all we knew was it was a stallion pony and nothing more.

I’ve never spent the night in a castle before let alone have permission from a princess so was pretty honored to say yes. Fluttershy seemed hesitant though because she was worried about her animals but I reassured her that Angel would keep them safe. He is stubborn at most but he’s a pretty crafty rabbit, a bit abusive too but I luckily got him out of that.

By the time we made it to the castle the moon was up and no pony is supposed to be out at this time so going home was out of the picture. As we stepped inside Twilight greeted her guards and dismissed those who were leaving for the night. For them they were replaced by night guards who wore gray armor with some weapon. Most of them had spears but others had axes, swords, halberds and many more. I tried to get one of the guards to let me hold their weapon but they acted like I wasn’t there so that was a failed attempt.

“So when are we going to meet this pony?” I wondered as Twilight guided us through her castle, “You never said when he would come over.” I pointed out.

“Soon,” replied Twilight as she brought us to a room with a large dining table, “he’ll arrive shortly but for now why don’t we have some dinner. What you in the mood for?” she wondered as she showed us to our seats.

“Whatever you’re having,” replied Fluttershy as she took her seat, “we’re not too picky so pick what you want and we’ll go with it.”

“How about some muffins,” questioned Derpy, “Pinkie Pie was going to make us some at the candy shop but we were kicked out from the Cakes.” she said sadly.

“Sure thing,” said Twilight with a forgiving smile, “we’ll have them make you a batch. Will there be anything else?”

“Why not some cake?” I wondered, “If we’re having some sweets then why not some cake to go along with?”

Twilight giggled in delight from my idea, “To be honest I haven’t had cake or muffins in a while so that sounds good. What do you want Fluttershy?” she asked as she turned to her lastly.

“Oh I’ll just have what they’re having,” said Fluttershy, “you know I’m not one for ordering my own food.”

“Awe come on,” I urged, “you can’t order your own food even though it’s your best friends offer?”

Fluttershy smiled nervously, “Um...I guess I can give it a try.” she said as she turned to Twilight, “Would a soup and salad be ok?” she asked with a hesitant tone.

Twilight nodded, “Of course,” she said as she called over some pony from the kitchen, “we would like some muffins, cake, a soup and salad.” she instructed.

The pony wrote down her orders on a paper and ran into the kitchen, “Well that wasn’t so bad.” said Fluttershy as we all began waiting for our food, “I didn’t think it would this easy to order food.”

I raised my brow her with a chuckle, “I guess I ought to take you out to eat sometime then.” I suggested, “Would be nice though, I’ve never been to a restaurant or anything in that form level.”

“Well you were a hobo,” argued Twilight, “at least you had a home.”

“I thought hoboes didn’t have homes...” I wondered as Twilight and I looked at each other with confused faces.

“Hoboes don’t have homes,” explained Fluttershy, “you were an orphan Cerulean.”

“Oh,” I replied awkwardly, “well then.” we laughed at my stupidity before going back to waiting for our food which didn’t take too long since they were simple. Fluttershy’s salad and soup were the first to arrive while the cake and muffins took a little longer since they were just now being baked. When they were brought in we ate till our bellies were ready to burst, I ended up eating the most out of Derpy and Twilight. Fluttershy finished her foods and had took it upon herself with a muffin and a slice of cake.

“If I were king,” I groaned as I burped in satisfaction, “I’d have cake for dinner everyday.”

“You’d be one fat king then.” said Twilight with a laugh.

“I’d be the king of cake!” I declared before resting my head on the table, “Ugh, ok now i’m starting to regret it.” I groaned as my stomach began to growl from the overload of sweets.

“Please don’t vomit,” begged Fluttershy, “it wouldn’t be nice if you did.”

“Is that the only thing you’re worried about?” I wondered as I sunk down from my chair and onto the floor, “Ugh, so good but so bad for you.” I groaned and I curled into a ball of pain.

Derpy laughed, “I guess the king’s downfall was to come one way or another.”

The next half and a hour or so were spent with me gagging from feeling sick while Twilight and Derpy had a blast with it. Fluttershy made sure I was fine and gave me some water to help wash down all the sugar. Not long after I was feeling better but I was more tired now than before. Twilight’s guest hadn’t arrived yet and I don’t know how much longer I could last before collapsing from exhaustion. Today has been emotionally taxing on me, with Derpy and the truth and all, along with Applejack I’m pretty drained right now.

After our little mishap Twilight took us to her room where we were going to sleep, she would’ve waited on that but since her guest was running late she decided that he wasn’t going to show up. Her room was at the very top of the castle, from there we got a pretty good view of Ponyville and Equestria. It was pretty breathtaking, I was able to see Fluttershy’s house and the Everfree Forest that we happen to live near with. I also saw the Apple’s farm, the mountains and from afar Canterlot. I wasn’t all that excited though since Celestia lived there, if I had fingers i’d be using the middle one right about now and wishing that Celestia happened to get a glimpse of it.

“So I guess your guest isn’t coming tonight?” I asked as I looked around Twilight’s room.

“Afraid so,” replied Twilight, “it’s a shame though, I was really wanting you all to-” Twilight was interrupted as some pony knocked on the door, “Huh,” said Twilight as she opened the door with her magic, “come in!”

Walking was a stallion with a pulled back, spiky brown mane and brown tail. His eyes were a light blue and he wore a tie of some sort, his flank bared an hourglass though I wasn’t sure what it meant.

He was kind of a mess though as he was a bit sweaty and out of breath, “Terribly…Sorry Princess.” He said breathlessly with a strange accent, “I was…Lost in a…Crossword puzzle.” He collapsed as he became light headed, luckily Twilight softened his fall with her magic and laid him down gently.

Soon after though Derpy was all over the stallion with ecstatic eyes, “You’re here!” she cried with joy as she picked him up to hug him tightly, “I was so worried about you!” Derpy squeezed tighter and tighter as she was thrilled, “Why were you so late Doctor Whooves!?”

The stallion known as Doctor Whooves now chuckled before losing his breath, “If you put me down I’ll gladly tell you.” He pleaded as he started to turn blue.

Derpy failed to listened as she continued to squeeze more and more before Fluttershy stepped in and gently pulled her away, “Oh…Did I hug you too hard again?” questioned Derpy as she examined her supposed friend with some concern.

“No no I’m fine Derpy,” replied Doctor Whooves as he pushed himself up and took in a few deep breaths, “fancy meeting your acquaintance here in such an hour though.” He presumed, “Might I ask as to why you’re here and who are these lovely guests?” he gestured to Fluttershy and I with curiosity.

Derpy smiled, “That’s Fluttershy and Cerulean Protector, they’re helping with my problem and so far have gathered a few of their friends to help out.” She explained, “They’ve been really nice to me and have saved my hide a few times already so I owe them a little.”

Doctor Whooves smiled hearing this as he looked to Fluttershy and I with gratitude, “It’s nice to hear that some pony doesn’t hate Derpy,” he proclaimed as he bowed to us, “truly I am greatly to have an ally in this time of trouble.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the way he spoke, it was so intelligent and well mannered, like if Rarity and Twilight were to be combined, “Well I did find Derpy crying in an alley,” I explained, “so it’s not like I couldn’t just let it be.”

Doctor Whooves chuckled, “Ah a noble spirit you are?” he wondered as he turned to Fluttershy, “I assume you were there too?”

“Me?” questioned Fluttershy, “Oh no I was home taking care of my critters when Cerulean came back with Derpy. I was then told what was going and couldn’t say no to help Derpy.”

“Critters?” said Doctor Whooves, “Are you some type of animal caretaker?”

“Why yes,” replied Fluttershy, “I take care of all the critters who need a little help in their lives. It’s a little stressful but with Cerulean around things haven’t been so bad.”

“Ah I thought I remembered your name and I take it you two are married?” questioned Doctor Whooves.

“M-MARRIED!?” we repeated awkwardly, “WE’RE JUST FRIENDS!”

Doctor Whooves took a step back and rubbed his ears for we possibly just blew them out, “I guess that was a touchy subject.” He proclaimed before coming to his senses, “Well either way, I’m delighted to have you helping us on this quest to save Derpy!”

“As long as we don’t have any more misunderstandings we’ll be fine.” I explained before yawning tiredly, “Why don’t we get caught up on some things tomorrow,” I suggested, “it’s pretty late and today’s been a bit grueling…”

“Grueling?” questioned Doctor Whooves with a bit of concern, “Might I ask what happened?”

I shook my head, “Derpy can fill you in,” I explained, “I hope you’re not the queasy type though.” Before Doctor Whooves could say any more I left him with the others and took a seat on the floor next to Twilight’s bed, “God I feel like shit now.” I mumbled as I began to close my eyes but before I could start falling asleep I felt someone come over my shoulder, “Didn’t you want to talk to Doctor Whooves some more?” I wondered as I opened my eyes to see Fluttershy sitting next to me.

“I didn’t want you to be alone.” Said Fluttershy as she huddled closely to me, “and you are right about it being late.”

I smiled seeing her compassion for me and the fact I didn’t mention it being late, “You doing ok?” I wondered as I examined were she was hit, “Do you still feel any pain from the rock?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “No, Twilight fixed me up pretty good.” She explained, “Thank you for asking though.”

I nodded my head but frowned a little, “I’m sorry you had to see me like that…” I said quietly, “I really don’t know what came over me…”

“You were protecting us,” argued Fluttershy, “you had a good reason but…It was rather scary to see you like that.” She regrettably admitted, “I may have not been completely there but I do remember the tone of your voice and some blood…”

I sighed as some tears began to form, “I want to protect you,” I began, “I want to protect you and all our friends but…I don’t want to brutally slaughter someone in the process. Like you said, there’s always another way and violence is never the answer. There’s always another way…”

“But sometimes…” said Fluttershy, “You have to kill to protect someone you care about.”

I didn’t want to argue with her considering I wasn’t in the right mental state due to today’s events. I simply pressed my lips against Fluttershy’s cheek for a moment, pulled away and rested my head on the floor. Fluttershy huddled closely to me and wrapped me in her wings so I wouldn’t get cold. Then, we slowly drifted off into sleep as everything around us was slowly shut off until it was just blank.

On the other side of the room Doctor Whooves watched Cerulean and Fluttershy with confusion and concern, “A man can go through so much till they reach their breaking point.” He said as he noticed Cerulean’s tears despite the distance, “You sir, have been through much but was it for our friend or for you supposed beloved? I can only wonder so far until I’m too immersed in it and I must take a step back.” He looked over to Derpy who was talking to Twilight, “But I must ask this,” he said as he approached the two, “how far will you go for her?”

Author's Note:

I know this took a while to get up but I had a lot of trouble thinking what to add and my internet has been really weird so i'm glad I was able to get this up today. I'm not sure when the next part will come but I do have a little news that i'll share with you later on today. Somewhere around night time so keep an eye on my blogs ^_^ I hope you enjoy my story, let me know what you think and see you all later :D