• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 7,193 Views, 10 Comments

Saving Derpy Whooves - Junster00741



Derpy was loved by many but soon that love turned into seething anger. Will she be able to stay in Ponyville or will the hatred of the other ponies force her to leave?

  • ...
2
 10
 7,193

Intro+What happened Since I came o Ponyville

Saving Derpy Whooves
By Junster00741
5/10/13-5/24/13
Intro

This is a story about a mare who was loved by many. She had problems but that didn't stop her from having fun. Ponies used to play with her and helped her when she needed it. Some would laugh with her when she made a mistake as she laughed along. She didn’t care much for her mess ups because she always had her friends with her.

But now, from being accepted by many she is now near abandoning her hometown. Instead of her friends having a smile on their face they would glare at her and some would even call her names. What could have caused was beyond her understanding but as the abuse progressed she slowly began to live in fear. She only came out when she needed food otherwise she hid in her house. Away from the harassment of the now dangerous streets she once walked about in without a care.

Luckily she had a friend that never turned his back on her or ever got mad at her. He helped her with her problems but his help wasn't enough. She wondered why nopony didn't like her anymore and it made her depressed. She tried to make them like her again but her efforts were in vain as it only made them angrier. It’s what made her resort to secluding herself in her home.

Just as she had enough however, just as she was about to give up, somepony else came to her aid...

What happened since I came to Ponyville

It’s been two years now since I came to Ponyville, life has been good as of late but i’m still adjusting. In case you’re wondering I didn’t come here by proving myself or convincing Celestia, I came here because I passed some test Celestia set up for Fluttershy, a kind and gentle mare who ended up in my world because of her, and I a simple pegasus stallion who is actually human. She said the test was to see if humans were ready for ponies but there had to be more to it than just that. You just don’t set up a test to see if someone’s ready. There has to be more to it but it’s not like I can just go to her and demand information. I’d have my ass hoofed to me by her royal guards in 10 seconds flat.

Heh, I think she’s starting to wear off on me...

Anyway aside from the Princess Twoface, my life has changed immensely since I came here. I go out almost everyday with Fluttershy, I have a few friends now and i’m learning so much from my Watchers, who are really my friends, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. Over the two years i’ve spent here they have taught me so much and help me in more ways than one. I already knew who they were but talking and interacting with them is a wholenother experience.

Thanks to Applejack I now have a job, since it was her duty to have me work at her farm she actually hired me as a farmer and pays me a pretty good amount of bits. 15 an hour and I work from morning to noon, so I wake up around 5 in the morning, head to her farm until 12 and spend the rest of the day with Fluttershy and her friends. So in total I work about 7 hours a day, so that’s 105 bits a day and I work 5 days a week, that’s 525 bits at most and incase you haven’t noticed, I learned to do math thanks to Twilight.

Because of her my vocabulary has gone up greatly and i’m learning how to read and write. The funny thing is however, I can’t learn it for the life of me. We’ve tried almost everything we could think of it but I just can’t learn pony language. I must have some mental block with it or something, I know for a fact this puts Twilight in a whirl as to why i’m unteachable with this yet I know what 2 plus 2 is, which is not fish.

She actually doesn’t really teach me anymore, we just hang out and talk about things or she shows me around in her castle which is just amazing. I remember Fluttershy telling me about the castle she lives that was given thanks to some box she opened when fighting some strange beast called Terik. The story itself is pretty ridiculous so I won’t go into detail about it but it surprises me to hear about how powerful friendship can be in the darkest of times.

Anyway, I got to meet her assistant Spike who’s really to me, her son. I know that Spike’s a dragon, a baby dragon I might add, and Twilight is an alicorn pony but I can see the relationship they have. You can’t sit there and tell me that they don’t have a mother/son relationship because i’d need some pretty hard facts in order to convince me. Hell even Fluttershy and the others agree with me on this but whenever I bring it up with Twilight she just laughs but not in a bad way, it’s more like a giggle when you make a funny remark.

Ugh moving on...

Rarity and I have been getting along pretty well though it's not like we started off on the wrong hoof. She tells about her fashion, drama, shows me her dresses and projects she’s working on all the while trying to keep Sweetie Belle, her little sister, from making a mess of things.

Those two really are two peas in a pot, if one didn’t have the other then I wouldn’t know who in the wide world of Equestria would fit one another. Sweetie Belle is just too innocent to know any better anyway, I mean her voice and her attitude makes me melt sometimes. If I could ever have a daughter I would want her to have Sweetie’s personality because I would never be mad with her...I hope.

Well now that i’ve gushed over a foal let’s talk about Pinkie Pie. She’s been doing pretty well with getting me to open up more and getting others to laugh. I’m starting to get the jokes down but Pinkie topples over me with jokes. I just can’t think of a witty thing to say fast enough but she says you don’t think, you just respond with what your instinct says, then she talks about cupcakes and I lose all hope in her.

One thing I truly don’t understand about her is how she defies logic, somehow she has this ability to break through logic. Fourth Wall Breaking, if I remember correctly from what Twilight has told me is what Pinkie does and it's on a daily basis. I don’t fully understand what it is, neither does Twilight, but it's what gives Pinkie her edge in making others laugh because she’s...She’s Pinkie Pie!

That’s enough about her, onto Rainbow Dash.

She’s been doing well, flight training has been doing well but during the first few weeks when I first came to this world she was sorta distant but that quickly blew over. She talks about how it was with her human companion and how she felt along with the bond they had. I honestly can’t help but to nearly tear up from her stories because it’s so sad that she was taken from him. Well not taken, but forced to leave him as she went to her homeworld.

Over the two years she doesn’t really talk about him anymore, it used to be that we would gather in a certain spot near this hangout and she would just start talking about growing up with a human as a father. What she was taught, what she learned and the secrets that were kept from her until one day she found out. I didn’t ask how she figured it out because whenever she would bring it up, I could see the pain in her eyes. I know what it feels like to be lied to, I did live in the streets so I can understand the struggles one goes through but that can only get me so far.

I do wonder if we’ll ever get to see him one day, maybe we’ll bring him back with us if that day ever comes...

Author's Note:

Sorry that this is all there is for now, turns out part one had a lot more in it than I thought and it's taking some time for revising and piecing things together. I'm doing my best but I'm not gonna strain myself over it. I'll try to give you a heads up on when the next part will be post a day before but just keep an eye out.

As for why I made this story it's was when the whole Derpy is offensive stuff was going down a few years ago. I was pretty mad that so many people where making such a big deal about her so that gave me the idea to create this story. There's a little more to it but it's personal, that's all I can say but like all my stories, it came from my heart or whatever that is lol.

I'd also like to thank my sister who read this story long ago and read the others, she was the one who read over things and told me what mistakes I made but overall she helped me with motivation and without her my story wouldn't be as great as they are now.

Well that's enough gushing, like I said I'll try to keep you updated as to when I'll post the next part but like always, keep an eye out and I'll see you all later. /)