• Published 12th Oct 2011
  • 4,106 Views, 126 Comments

Draconic Troubles - Davesknd



A Dragon will stay in Ponyville for a while. And it wont be Spike! The future will be stressful!

  • ...
2
 126
 4,106

And I saw a pale horse!

My Little pony belongs to Hasbro. I ran out of clever things to do with that information... maybe in the next chapter.


At the library:

Freeing Rainbow Dash from the ropes that held her in a spread-eagle position was the easy part, as Rarity found out.

Trying to stomach that Spike knew how to fix ropes, counterweights, and a small catapult so a pony that tried to open the window would end up gagged, bound and helpless? That was the hard part.

"So, let me get that straight," Rainbow started, now free and briefed by Rarity, "Spike was so panicked, he ran to the library just to set up a perimeter of increasingly dangerous traps, starting with ropes and gags at the windows and finishing with falling anvils in the basement?"

"I guess that is the only explanation," Rarity admitted. "I triggered a few of his traps myself. Please don't be mad at him. He was so miserable! Let's all have a nice cup of tea and repress any memories of this incident."

Rainbow nodded as the unicorn turned to the kitchen.

"Spike, did you get the sugar?"

"Yes, Rarity! Everything is ready," Spike answered and emerged from the kitchen. He was silenced by a loud explosion.

Rarity turned to the source of the noise, and her jaw dropped.

In the middle of the library was one of the four horses of the apocalypse! She was certain. She didn't know which one, but there was no doubt. They were supposed to wield a bow, a sword, scales, a scythe... but no book. Maybe they added a new member after this one applied for number five. It fit in very well!

Out of a circle of flames stomped a pale unicorn, its mane and tail completely made from raging flames. Its flank was bare, and no sign of mercy could be seen in its crimson eyes.

Rarity was in shock instantly, silently praying that Celestia, Luna or anyone would send this abomination back to the fiery pits of brimstone it crawled out of. She allowed one of her eyes to roll in Rainbow Dash's direction, but even the courageous mare next to her was frozen in terror.

The entity stepped towards them, leaving scorched hoofmarks in the floor. It looked around for a second and spoke... in Twilight's voice?

"Where is the ball gag?"

A loud crashing sound informed them that the library was in need of a new tea service.

Rarity forced herself to point towards the table, where she had left the object in question on a hoofkerchief.

The blazing pony turned towards the table. A crimson glow surrounded the small leather and plastic gag. It floated away, passed Spike and entered the kitchen. The sound of running water could be heard for a short while. Then it returned, being dried by a piece of cloth. An envelope appeared out of nowhere and the gag was placed inside. It floated towards Spike.

"SEND IT!" the brimstone mare demanded, still using the voice of Rarity's dear friend.

It wasn't Spike who followed the order. If his fire would grow cooler when he was scared or nervous, he would be breathing ice right now. The order went right to his fire glands, which decided to ignore the dragon's mental status and follow.

The fiery mare took a breath and without warning, Twilight manifested in her place. She still looked very angry, but it was truly Twilight.

"What was that?" Rainbow asked, the brave pony being the first to speak again.

"That was a very, VERY personal item that somepony PUT! IN! THEIR! MOUTH!" Twilight yelled.

"But... isn't that the whole purpo—"

"NOT OF THIS BALL GAG! This is my gag! The one Princess Celestia gave to me!" Twilight interrupted Rarity.

Both the weather Pegasus and the fashion mare looked at Twilight in shocked confusion.

"It was on my third day in the school for gifted unicorns," Twilight explained, her voice still tense and sharp "I was getting used to the regular classes, but on that day, I had my first class with the Princess. I expected other students with us, but we were all alone!" The unicorn stressed every single syllable of the following words: "JUST THE PRINCESS AND ME!"

She continued, slightly less aggressive: "I was nervous! VERY nervous! So nervous that I couldn't even lift my quill without shaking and my teeth clattered during the whole lesson. It was so bad that I couldn't understand a word she said! The princess interrupted after a few minutes and told me to go and rest! I cried through my whole five minute break! Later, she sat down with me and put the gag on the table. She said that this gag would be our punishment.My punishment for not being able to calm my nerves and keep still! And her punishment for not being able to make me feel comfortable. Until she could, she would not hear her newest student talk to her. And she stressed how much she regretted that!

"I HAD NEVER FELT MORE APPRECIATED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE THAN AT THAT MOMENT!

"We never had to use the gag. A few months later, the princess seemed nervous about a speech she had to hold during a conference in Horsetria. Something big and political that might lead to trade embargos and whatnot. When I saw her so nervous, I summoned the ball gag and told her that it was her turn now! She laughed!

"The gag was on her table during the whole first semester, a constant reminder that the princess appreciated my words and that I could always talk openly to her. It was our first private and genuine joke and we would pass it whenever the other had to face some issue!

"I was too young to know what they were usually used for and now that I know, I don't care! This is a very personal and dear memento and NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PUT IN SOMEPONY'S MOUTH!"

Twilight gave the trio another dangerous look. "Any questions?"

Three heads were shaken.

"Rainbow, I assume the sky-team knows?"

Rainbow Dash nodded.

"Then go get some rest!"

Twilight's horn glowed again and the teapot reformed in a glow of magic.

"You all can enjoy some tea with Spike!"

Rarity nodded.

"Spike, take care of our guests! I'll be upstairs, trying to decipher this book here. No distractions!" she finally ordered and went upstairs.

The others looked after her.

"Not only did she beat me running, she is also scarier than me..." Rainbow muttered with a pout and went for the kitchen.

"How about we get some tea now, Spike?" Rarity asked, trying to shake the shock.

"Sorry, I think I'm too scared to move..." Spike answered, still holding the teapot.

"You tell me! Did you see how her eyes clashed with her mane?"

In that moment, the door flew open.

"Gals! Twilight turned pyrocorn again! We came here as... as possible!" Applejack announced as she and Pinkie entered the room.

"You mean 'as fast as possible?'" Rarity asked.

"I know what I said!"


Earlier:

"We have to get to the library!"

"Yes, AJ. But why are we doing so in a very slow trot?"

"Because I don't want to run into Twilight while she is still in full 'fire and brimstone' mode. It was scary enough when she did that after Froggy Bottom Bog."

"Oh, yeah! When we dealt with that Hydra!"

"Hm? Oh, right... There was a Hydra, too."


"Anyway... Spike, I think we need some more tea. Could you be a dear?" Rarity asked with a big serving of sugar in her voice.

Spike nodded and as the dragon reached the door, the unicorn waved the other ponies closer.

"I know that it isn't the foremost topic in all of our minds, but I think we should consider Spike's feelings," Rarity whispered, as the other ponies formed a circle.

"I can understand that he envies Big Mac. All guys would, but he has to be realistic. He is still growing up!"

"I don't think that's what she meant, Pinkie!" Applejack interrupted.

"But that's what the foremost thingie in my mind is!" the party pony explained.

"That comes as a bit of a surprise..." Rainbow Dash admitted. "I didn't know you had an eye on him."

"Oh, I don't! But anypony can appreciate that much muscle in one..."

"Can we please stop talking about my brother?"

"I tell you, with an anatomic map, you could name every single..."

"RARITY! Stop her!"

"I was talking about the dragon," Rarity explained. "Spike is a mess and he deserves a break. Let's just avoid our future guest."

"And Big Mac!" Applejack added.

"I think we should find a new topic..." Rainbow Dash sighed.