• Published 12th Oct 2011
  • 4,106 Views, 126 Comments

Draconic Troubles - Davesknd



A Dragon will stay in Ponyville for a while. And it wont be Spike! The future will be stressful!

  • ...
2
 126
 4,106

Books fall and you die!

My little Pony is owned by Hasbro. We have to thank Lauren Faust and her team for this wonderful show. We have to blame video games for the rest.

(The outcomes of the rolls were created by using a real 20 sided die and Rarity´s character sheet. Don´t ask where I got the latter, because I will not tell!)


BOOKS FALL AND YOU DIE

A Pony Role Playing Game


It is a sunny noon. You see a tree with glass windows, a door and a balcony. The library of Ponyville. Spike the dragon is rumoured to be inside.


Do you wish to start the adventure?

Yes <-

No


Player Rarity entered the game as designer/sorceress.

Checking inventory:

Saddlebag: Gemstones, Letter from Twilight Sparkle (sealed), Hand mirror
Small bag of bits: 15 bits


You stand in front of the door. Twilight Sparkle left it unlocked, since she didn´t plan to be gone long. Spike may or may not be back yet.

Rarity uses "knock" on the door.

Rarity rolls listen: 15

You hear nothing moving inside. There are some sounds around you, but nothing out of the ordinary. The wind is gently blowing and the town is just as busy as it usually is at this time.

Rarity:" Hmm... I guess he is still fetching supplies. Twilight did tell me to wait inside."

Rarity cast "simple levitation" on the door.

The door opens with a creaking noise.

Rarity triggered a trap! - Rolls Reflex Save: 20

You see a small rope on top of the door disappearing upwards; quickly you jump backwards, as an enormous wreath, about as big as a wagon-tire falls out of the leaves above. It is covered in tree sap, ribbons and other things that were probably supposed to be decorative. The final result seems to be begging for a box of matches to be put out of its misery.

Rarity: "Are those my Ribbons? Sweetybelle is in trouble! And who arranged the wreath like that? This is dangerous! Even though... this wreath asks to be hung somewhere, where it can´t be seen."

Rarity enters the library.

Rarity rolls spot: 10

The library is quiet and dark. Rows of books surround you. The middle serves as Twilights working place and study hall. Several lecterns are spread around the room. An owl is sitting on one of them, apparently sleeping tightly. All windows and shutters are closed.

Rarity: "This is weird. Usually it´s bright in here. Twilight hates reading at bad light."

You walk over to the owl.

Rarity rolls Spot: Natural 20

Rarity: "That isn´t Owloysius! It´s a really hastily made replica!"

Rarity casts "Glimmer!"

Your horn emits light, vanquishing the close darkness. All optical checks at -5 difficulty.

Rarity rolls Search: 9

You see a small rope leading away from the owl, into some of the floorboards. Additionally, there is a spring behind the owl.

Rarity: "Is this a trap?"

Rarity rolls Disable Device: 14 (untrained at -5)

Trap safely triggered!

The trap goes off and the owl is launched in the direction of the floorboards and shatters into a cloud of hard plaster.

Rarity: "SHRIEK!"

You move a few steps backwards.

Rarity: "Spike actually booby trapped the library? I can´t believe it! Well, I guess he is in the basement then. But I should be careful!"

Rarity takes 20: Search!

There appear to be no more traps on this floor.

Rarity: "Spike must be really scared, if he goes through such measures. And if he thinks that the dragon would fit through the door..."

You move towards the door.

Rarity: "I better be on the save side!"

Rarity rolls search: 13

Trap detected: One of the bookcases on the second floor is tilted and a rope is going away from the top of the door. If opened, the bookcase would probably empty itself on the person below.

Rarity: "Poor darling... He must be scared out of his mind that he goes through such lengths."

Rarity uses "Levitation" on the bookcase.

Rarity triggered a trap! - NO SAVE!

The little legs on the back of the bookcase were missing! As soon as it is upright, it falls over, pulling on the rope. The door is slammed open with extreme force! You find yourself between door and wall.

Rarity is slammed into the wall: 10 points of blunt damage!

Rarity get´s the de-buff "Flattened!"!

Rarity: "Touché, Spike! But if I trigger one more trap, I will turn your tail into a very elegant belt! It will go nicely to the boots I´ll make from the rest of you!"

You slowly remove yourself from the wall.

Rarity: "SPIKE! It´s me, Rarity! Please come out of the basement, so we can talk! I don´t feel like being smashed by a something that is down there! It´s probably dusty and full of cobwebs."

A small shivering dragon slowly appears in the darkness.


GAME OVER

You gained 2800 EXP

Level up!

Wisdom +1
7 Skill Points obtained!

You obtain Lore: "Dragons are naturals at booby traps"