• Published 12th Oct 2011
  • 4,106 Views, 126 Comments

Draconic Troubles - Davesknd



A Dragon will stay in Ponyville for a while. And it wont be Spike! The future will be stressful!

  • ...
2
 126
 4,106

Twilight Princess? TM

Luna, take it away!

"My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro. Lauren Faust and her team are to thank for me, my sister and the fact that we are awesome!"

Thank you, Luna.

I will post the next two chapters at almost the same time, due to the delicate nature of a certain inanimate object and it's implications. Please read them both before you send the lynch mob. Thank you for bearing with me.


The other two ponies immediately bowed while Twilight overcame her dumbstruck expression and rushed towards her mentor for a gentle embrace.

After a joyful moment, much too short for both of them, she took a step back and gave in to her confusion.

"Princess, did you just fall out of the sky?" she asked bluntly.

"Yes," Celestia answered with a mischievous smile. "It is a spell Luna came up with. She calls it 'Drop In (TM).'"

"She trademarked it?" Pinkie asked from the back.

"Luna is still catching up to the present," Celestia explained. "She read about current law and, in a fit of panic, instantly went to trademark every new spell. I explained her that copyright law does not cover magic. But I thought it was so adorable, I just had to talk her into keeping it in the name. Sadly this spell is reserved for alicorns, since a unicorn would probably hurt herself on the way down..."

"Speaking of which, where is Princess Luna? I haven't seen her since she visited Ponyville right after our triumph and her restoration," Twilight wondered.

"She is grounded," the avatar of light answered.

"Grounded?"

"When she returned, she instantly tried to bring eternal night, tried to kill my faithful student and her friends, tried to destroy the elements of harmony, and let's not forget how she zapped my poor guards," Celestia answered. "I love my little sister deeply and the moment she accepted my offer of friendship was the most wonderful day of my life. But actions must have consequences! Six months without TV and going out is entirely justified."

"Does she even know what TV is?" Twilight asked.

"No," Celestia answered with a wink.

"Why is not watching TV a punishment again?" Applejack asked Pinkie who shrugged in response.

"I never said that the punishment was going to be harsh. Her original banishment was an exception!" Celestia stressed. "My first priority was to exclude her from royal duties until she could catch up with history, technology, and current culture. She was outright disturbed when she found out that one of the guards and one of the servants were kissing in the break room. And then the issue with the microwave..."

"That much PROGRESS must be difficult for her," Twilight admitted.

"TRIBUTE!" Pinkie announced loudly, grinning widely.

All eyes were on her for a minute.

"Pinkie, you feeling all right?" Applejack asked after a few moments.

"Why do you always ask me that? Of course I am!"

"But why are you here?" Twilight asked the princess with worry in her voice. "Did you come to intervene with my plans? Were they that bad?" The unicorn began to shake. "I didn't have the book for reference yet! I'm sorry, Princess! Please! Don't be mad at me!"

Celestia sighed very slightly. "Twilight, your idea of having a party to busy the dragoness is very creative and proves your great analytical skills. You've only met three dragons in your life, and you already understand a good part of their nature. I am proud of you, dear!" She nudged the now blushing unicorn. "I just came here to answer to the message you sent me."

"Oh, you already got it?" Twilight asked in surprise.

"Yes. Sadly, I could not ask Spike to handle this delivery," Celestia explained.

Her horn gave off a slight glow and a small object emerged from underneath her right wing: An average sized book, bound in what seemed to be crimson scales. The side had the word "Draconomicon" written on it in black letters.

"As you might remember, the Draconomicon is bound in the scales of its writer and therefore absolutely fireproof. And I do not entrust personal gifts to anypony but my family and my most faithful student!" Celestia explained. "So I decided to Drop In (TM)..." she let out a short giggle after the trademark; "and hand it over to you."

"But I already tried! I can't read the language it is written in," Twilight explained.

"Do not worry, Twilight," Celestia answered "I have faith in you."

The book hovered over to Twilight, who took it into her own levitation. It was heavy! Not physically heavy, though. It was just an average-sized book, not even very thick. But the scales of a dragon felt slippery to magic. Their inherit resistance to basically anything did not stop with the arcane arts. It was one of the reasons why Twilight always practiced with Spike. If she could perform a magical spell on him, she could perform it on anypony. Twilight herself hadn't realized it yet, but the fact that she could levitate Spike was yet another testimony to her enormous magical potential.

"As happy as it made me to see you again, Twilight, I can't spend more time with you for now. My guards are very protective. Thanks to Luna's new spell, I can slip out for a few minutes at a time, but my sister forbid if they find out. It seems that they fear that I might get attacked by a falling apple or rammed by a stray butterfly..." Celestia explained with a wink.

"Oh, those are dangerous!" Pinkie exclaimed. "They lure you into a false sense of security as caterpillars and then: BAMM! Dig a hole in front of your house and call it a construction site!"

In her eternal wisdom, the goddess of the sun ignored the element of laughter yet again.

"Oh, and the name of the dragoness was Adalania. At least when I last heard of her."

"Last heard of her?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Dragons tend to change their names ever so often. Usually they add some syllables, forget parts or demand that ponies pronounce it differently. Their vanity does not end with praise," Celestia explained. "And she will be here in four days. She should come from the south, so expect her during noon. Having the sun in her back makes her entrance more dramatic. A vice we share."

Twilight smiled and put the book on her back. It was simply too hard to keep it afloat.

"Before you ask: she is not related to Spike in any way. And it should take her at least two decades before she reaches full maturity. In pony years that would put her in her early twenties. But don't point it out to her. We... long-living beings don't enjoy being reminded of our age."

"I say!" Applejack stated. "Granny locked up all of her documents so we don't find out how long she's been around!"

"Now, I must go," the princess stated as she spread her wings. "Have a pleasant day, my little ponies."

Twilight looked at Celestia sadly and moved in to accept a farewell embrace.

"Oh, and please send me the ball gag back as soon as possible, Twilight!" Celestia whispered to Twilight in the midst of their embrace. "Not that I use it without you... but it is such a nice memory."

With these words, Celestia disappeared, leaving a very shocked Twilight.

"He has the BALL GAAAAAAG!" erupted from the unicorn and she disappeared in a flash as well.

"What just happened, Pinkie?" Applejack asked, wondering where the two horned ponies had disappeared to.

"Your brother left the door to the shed with the cider press open!" Pinkie stated, having lost interest several minutes ago. She was currently looking somewhere else. "OHH... push that press! No wonder the mayor likes him!"