• Published 12th Oct 2011
  • 4,106 Views, 126 Comments

Draconic Troubles - Davesknd



A Dragon will stay in Ponyville for a while. And it wont be Spike! The future will be stressful!

  • ...
2
 126
 4,106

Big Brony is staying alive!

MLP belongs to Hasbro!
-

Twilight had about enough! She had spent the entire day running around taking care of things, trying to help, and then being threatened by the “elected” ruler. And as she finally got home, she didn’t even have the time to read the blasted Draconomicon! Luckily she had no time to be mad about this development because she fell asleep three steps from her bed.
The next morning was only slightly better. The unicorn awoke to a loud knocking on her door. With a full (and still slightly singed) bed-head, she opened the door, to find a rather huge package. Just as she had planned! Ponyville’s mail was great as usual! At least as long as they were not dropping their load on her…

Quickly she got to work on the ordered goods. This would only take a short time...

After half an hour of work and spellcasting, Twilight descended to the basement. She made the mistake of not knocking and was not prepared to see what she saw. As she reached the lower level, a combination of shock, awkwardness and maybe even a hint of jealousy poisoned her rather happy mood.

“Oh... hello, Twilight.” Spike greeted her with a huge blush on his face, while slightly hiding behind Fluttershy’s hair. “Didn’t expect you up so early...”

Twilight’s eyes turned into slits and anger filled her voice. “Is this what it looks like?!”

The little dragon grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. Fluttershy and he were already sweaty from what they had been doing, but now, cold sweat was added. Both had a very sheepish grin on their faces.

“Kinda...” he said very carefully. “Look, we got bored down here and thought that we needed some sort of outlet for the stress and fear...”

“And you couldn’t wait for your birthday any longer, could you?” the unicorn added rather angrily.

Fluttershy was wearing one of Twilight’s older saddles and a pair of reins (but with no bit gag). Spike was sitting on Fluttershy’s back, bearing a rolling pin and wearing a pot on his head. A small, well stitched doll that had a certain similarity to a white unicorn sat in one of the bookshelves, guarded by a ferocious predator of the night. Even Owloicious had joined in Spikes roleplaying!

“I always wanted to try out a flying mount...” Spike admitted.

“I’m a noble steed!” Fluttershy said happily.

“I see...” Twilight grumbled. “Well, I hope you enjoy your flight! Seems as if the magical unicorn wasn’t good enough! And don’t expect to be rescuing fair lady Smarty Pants this year!”

“Twilight, wait, I just... you are a great mount!” Spike said quickly.

“I AM AN EPIC MOUNT!” the unicorn yelled.

Spike sighed. The heroes in his comics never had to deal with moody steeds.

“Anyhow! I have brought you THIS!” the lavender mare announced and floated two huge globes towards the pair.

“Did you steal those from Cheerilee?” Spike asked instantly. “I hate to break it to you, sister, but disco is so dead, eve...”
“SPIKE! I’m not in the mood for your clever quips!”

“Sorry...” Spike apologised.

“These are not disco balls!” Twilight said, as she hovered one of the two-head-sized globes over to the two. They were covered with small mirrors, had a metal rod to stand on or be hung from the ceiling. But otherwise they were NOT disco globes! Only Celestia knows why Spike could have gotten that idea! (Since she was probably the only pony who remembers when disco was alive.)

“These are little mirrors that I stuck to a foam ball.” Twilight explained.

“So... they are disco globes?” Fluttershy probed.

“NO, they are Visco globes!” the unicorn retorted. “VIS as is vision and CO as in coordinated! I put a see-in-spell on all the mirrors on this globe and a see-out-spell on all mirrors of the other!”

“A what, now?” Spike asked.

“A spell that unicorns sometimes use to have a visual connection to one another. You put it on two mirrors and all the light that hits the in-mirror won’t be reflected, but transferred to the other mirror!” she explained.

“How would that help?” the dragon asked, scratching the back of his head with the rolling pin.

“Just you see!” Twilight grinned and let a small spark fly on the globe.

One of them turned black.

She did the same to the other ball.

The globe stopped to reflect and started to show. Spike could see himself from the side, Twilight looking at it and Fluttershy jumping away and hiding in a closet. The picture was a bit rough, but Twi had apparently cut the mirrors very small to make it less fuzzy.

“OH, I see! The one is like a round camera and the other is like a round TV!” Spike finally giggled.

“Without a second of delay!” Twilight added proudly. “I’ll put one of them next to the lightning rod and the other stays here. The library is one of the tallest trees in Ponyville, so you can see everything. In case something goes haywire, you’ll just send a message to the princess.”

“That is a great idea Twilight!” said Fluttershy, muffled by a closet door.

“Can you put the globe on top of the library, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked. “Right next to the lightning rod so it will look like an instrument to measure the weather. Spike and I will make breakfast.”

“What a wonderful idea, I’ll get to it right away!” the pegasus responded as she lifted the globe.

“Fluttershy, the black one!”

“But that one is scary!”

“So do you want it to stay down here?”

As the sound of the slamming door faded, Spike looked at Twilight.

“That was a tad mean...”

“I’ll apologise to her over breakfast, but it would be very bad if we put a broadcast of you on top of the library.”

“I guess you are right.”

“Just imagine how that would inflate your ego.”

“Very funny...”

While bantering, both could see half of the other globe to be covered by vanilla coloured fur on one half and the library’s outside on the other half. Suddenly the patch of fur got smaller and revealed Fluttershy as a whole, while the ground got bigger.

Twilight was about to curse, as Fluttershy caught the globe in the last second and heaved it back up.

“Butterhoofs, much?” the unicorn mumbled.

“She was probably startled by something,” Spike defended.

“She is always startled by something! Something harmless...”

Spike swallowed. He didn’t want to tell Twilight Fluttershy’s story of “the stalker.” So he simply suggested getting breakfast ready.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was done with fixing the globe and wiped the mirrors clean, where she had touched them. Humming happily, she descended towards the library door. All of a sudden, she thought that she saw something around her leg. Too scared to look down completely, she tried to make it go away by ignoring it. But it didn’t leave!

“The stalker!” went through her head. With a quick leap, she jumped into the library and closed to door behind her.

He was gone.

But as soon as she passed the window, he was in front of her.

Fluttershy let out a yelp and jumped behind a lectern.

“Fluttershy? That’s your shadow!” said a rather confused Twilight, who had been watching from the kitchen.

“I know! He just won’t leave me alone!”

Unwilling to go into this realm of insanity (her own was bad enough) Twilight turned and helped Spike to finish the breakfast preparation.

Finally, they all sat down to eat. Spike had a bowl of cereal and a geode for later. Twilight and Fluttershy were busy with two bowls of hot porridge. They refused to call it differently, ever since they had that conversation with Pinkie.

“Say... Twilight?” Fluttershy asked after a short while. “Who is Smarty Pants?”

“Here we go...” mumbled Spike quietly.

“Oh! You don’t know her?” Twilight asked back. “The best business idea in the history of dolls! A hoof stitched doll with pants on that comes with its own notebook and a quill! So you can pretend that she is doing homework! Or that she is writing an exam! That, my dear is the ultimate gift to a young pony!”

“Sounds... nice?”

“She is more than just nice! I will never understand why the toymaker went bankrupt after only two hours... I played with mine constantly!”

-Canterlot: Several years ago-

It was a long day for the stallion and he had earned his wage and some rest. As he entered the living room of their humble home, he was greeted by his loving mare. After a welcome kiss and a passionate embrace, they talked about their days. Finally, a certain topic popped up.

“So, darling, what is our daughter doing?”

“She is upstairs, pretending that her doll is tardy with an assignment. She went through two notebooks of pretended work.”
“What exactly have we done wrong?”

“I’m still trying to figure that out myself!”

-Ponyville: Present-

Twilight had fished her propaganda speech about the wonders of her Smarty Pants doll and everyone had finished their breakfast. While Spike was doing the dishes, Fluttershy went to grab some more supplies for their hiding hole.
Now the purple unicorn ascended the stairs to finally get some more knowledge from the book… and maybe pretend that Smarty Pants was taking notes!