• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 2,171 Views, 30 Comments

Oblivions Mark - Dj Star Flight



A human enters equestria story. Yeh i know there are a lot like these but i want to throw my own ideas into the mix. With a lot of magic involved surrounding said human. Enjoy :3

  • ...
19
 30
 2,171

Chapter 7 DJ Bishop

Pinkie was waiting in the shadows of sugarcube corner waiting for Michael to come in. Other ponies were doing the same cause this was the day of his surprise party and she had already sent to invite out. They waited for a moment staring at the door till one pony got a bit impatient.
"Where is he? He's late for his own surprise party." She whispered. Pinkie glanced over at the pony tilting her head.
"Oh silly-filly he'll be here. This will be fun." she whispered back.
"Oh? I do hope it will be." A voice said behind Pinkie. She turned her head to see Michael kneeling there right in her face. Needless to say the next second Pinkie screamed out as Rainbow turned the lights on startling everypony seeing Michael was already among them.

He sat there laughing his (excuse the language) ass off as Pinkie stared for a moment and laughed as well. "Wow I've never been surprised at a surprise party meant for the pony i was supposed to surprise before. You got me good there." She said with a giggle as Michael stood up and Pinkie and all the other ponies got a good look at what he was wearing. It was a white Assassins outfit Adorned with a few straps and a hoodie with a belt wrapped around the waist with a strange symbol on the buckle. (see link in authors notes)

"Heh i know. I tend to do that a lot with a lot of the parties i go to." He said as everypony looked at him in awe, confusion, and a bit of laughter. Some even looked in fear a bit. He then turned to address them. "Sorry to spoil the surprise but i tend to be the one who always ends up surprising everyon...pony. My name is Michael. Its nice to finally meet you all." He said giving a little bow to everypony in the room. He noticed in the crowd some of the ponies he had already met besides pinkie and rainbow. He saw Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Sweetie belle, and Applebloom at one of the table with 2 other ponies he did not know. One was a bright yellow pony with pink hair which covered one of her eyes and a little orange filly with purple hair.

He smiled as Pinkie got the party started with some music drawing the ponies attention away from him as we walked over to the ground. He first noticed the orange filly come up to him. "Heya your the guy who took Applebloom for a ride on that Air glider thing right? I'm her friend Scootaloo. Nice to meet yah. Hey think i can get a ride on that sometime?" She asked. He smiled and kneeled down petting her head.
"Sure when i get the time. Got nothing better to do." He said as he noticed her grin grow a bit which kinda surprised him. He also noticed the yellow pony which Twilight informed him earlier who's name was Fluttershy staring at him in wonder.

He stood up and walked over. "You must be Fluttershy. A pleasure to finally meet the Element of kindness. I hear you love taking care of animals." He said with a smile. This caught her attention as she let out a quiet eep...CUTENESS ALERT!
"Oh um...yes i do take care of animals. That's my special talent you see and i do so love caring for the little creatures but I've never seen a creature like you before. What are you exactly?" She asked in a quiet voice. My god that voice was a mixture of cuteness and beauty.
"Well my little yellow friend i am a human. Think like an intelligent hairless ape and don't ask if i like bananas. I'm allergic to em anyways. i still don't know why." He said with a little laugh. She nodded with a little smile as he walked over to the food table as Pinkie appear next to him out of no where. 'How did she....'
"Hey where did you even come from to sneak up on me when we were trying to surprise you. We had the back door watched as well." She asked tilting her head in wonder.

"Ah well i figured you were gonna throw me a party cause of the invite so i decided to surprise the surprise party. I knew the exits would likely be watched so i improvised. I had Rainbow scout out for me in exchange for tickets to the wonderbolts show she likes so much. She informed me where everyone would be in the bakery so i decided to take an entrance no one would suspect. The chimney. You see what i lack in strength and speed i make up for in cunning and skill. I can silence my steps and movement so no pony can hear me coming which allowed me to sneak up on you as i came down the chimney and i had rainbow flip on the lights." He explained with a smile. Pinkie stood there a bit dumbfounded.

Spike came up to them from the crowd and noticed Pinkie staring at Michael and he laughed at her expression. "Oh Celestia you broke Pinkie Pie." He said as he walked over to them making Michael turn to see him. "That's a feat in on itself. The only pony who managed to do that before was Rainbow dash." He said as Pinkie snapped out of her daze.
"Oh hiya Spikey. How yah liking the party?" she asked as Michael grabbed a muffin from the table and took a bite.
"Oh its cool as always Pinkie. You've outdone yourself." Spike said as Michael looked around.
"You know what this party needs?" He said noticing A certain Dj pony with a musical note as a cutie mark at one of the tables. "Dub-step." Just as he said that everything went dark for him.

After a second everything came back as he was standing in front of a Dj table looking out at the ponies in sugarcube corner as they were staring at him. Some looked in anticipation, some with curiosity, and some were just shocked. He looked out at them and back up from the table. "Wha...what did i just do?" He asked to no pony in particular as Twilight came up.
"You used magic again. One second you were at the food table and the next a bright light came from your hand and This table and speakers just appeared out of nowhere. Then you appeared in a flash right behind the table. You used an appear spell with a teleportation spell." She said in awe as he looked at the equipment.
"But i don't remember even doing that. I blacked out when that happened." He said as he placed a hand on the table
"Maybe its a sub-conscience thing that can happen spontaneously. i'll have to figure this out." Twilight said.

Michael ignored her as he looked over the table. He noticed an Mp3 player attached to a laptop on the table and speakers were all around the room. He smiled as he remembered his years as a private Dj back in high-school. It was a hobby for him to remix a few songs as he looked out on the crowd of ponies in Sugarcube corner and the Dj pony staring at him in wonder. "Ok then might as well not waste this opportunity. Yall ready to hear some good music?" He said as the crowd of pony's cheered for him as he started up the system and scrolled through the songs on the laptop from the Mp3 player. He recognized most of the songs. They were from his playlist back home on his computer before ti sent him to Equestria.

He picked out a song he loved to remix. He put on Bounce by Calvin Harris. (see link in authors notes) As the song came on he set the bass low. That was until the beat started picking up then he turned it up high as the room filled with music. Everypony listened then started dancing to it. The ponies were really getting into the song as the Dj pony came up to Michael with a smile. "Wow sweat music dude. Names Vinyl scratch but my Dj name is Dj Pon3. Think i can have a look at your music?" She asked with a smile.
"Sure. Always willing to help a fellow Dj out. Names Michael but my Dj name is DJ Bishop." He said as she smiled at that.
"Nice!" She hopped up next to him and looked through his music not recognizing any of the songs but knew what they were cause they were all labeled under techno, electric, hip-hop, and party. "Wow...I don't know any of these songs." She said glancing at Michael.
"That's cause there not from this world. There from my world. Back there when i was in school i had a part time job working as a Dj in a few clubs in town. I'm a music fiend and loved it but that was behind me and i kept the skills." He explained with a grin as the music changed to the next song which was Counting stars by Onerepublic. (see link in authors notes.)

Michael heard the song and smiled. "And this is my jam." He said as he picked up a mic from the table as the music started up and he started singing along with the music catching every ponies attention.

"Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars"

The beat then picked up as the ponies started bobbing there heads and cheering for him as he continued singing.

"I see this life
Like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find

Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

I feel something so right
At doing the wrong thing
I feel something so wrong
At doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"

Then Michael hoped over the Dj table waving his hands to the crowd of ponies getting them hyped up as he sang more loudly.

"Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be, we'll be counting stars

I feel the love
And I feel it burn
Down this river every turn
Hope is a four letter word
Make that money
Watch it burn

Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

And I feel something so wrong
At doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that downs me makes me wanna fly

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be, we'll be counting stars"

He then got everypony in the room singing along to the next part of the song.

"Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned"

Then the music dropped and he continued on.

"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be, we'll be counting stars

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned

Take that money
Watch it burn
Sink in the river
The lessons I learned"

The song ended as everypony cheered for Michael and Vinyl as he looked out on the crowd as he let the attention sink in. He smiled then looking out on them all just as darkness took him and he collapsed.