• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 2,172 Views, 30 Comments

Oblivions Mark - Dj Star Flight



A human enters equestria story. Yeh i know there are a lot like these but i want to throw my own ideas into the mix. With a lot of magic involved surrounding said human. Enjoy :3

  • ...
19
 30
 2,172

Chapter 23 Crystal problem part 3

Shining looked out from the balcony at the faltering shield and held Cadence close to him. He was about to say something when another pulse came through the shield making Cadence cry out in pain before her magic failed then. "Cadence!" He called out as he caught her just as she was knocked out.

From below the other girls looked up in time to see the shield go out as well. "Uh girls. We got a problem." Applejack said looking a bit scared.
"Yeh we see it." Rainbow said a bit irritated at the obviousness of Applejack.
"Rainbow go check on Cadence and Shining. Something must have gone wrong." Rarity said as Rainbow saluted and flew off.

--------

Michael was running quickly up the winding stairway with Twilight right behind him. He looked to the side as he was running and saw the shield go out and the dark clouds start to descend on the city. "Aw crap Twilight hurry!" He said as he stopped and quickly grabbed twilight in one arm. He then spread his wings and flew off the stairs and straight up to the top.

He landed on the platform and placed Twilight down before she noticed the crystal heart floating there. "There it is!" She said and on instinct ran for it.
"WAIT NO!" Before Michael could stop her dark crystal erupted from the ground around her and the crystal heart was pushed out into Michael arms. "Twilight! You ok?" Michael ask as she shook her head and tried using her magic only for it to fail on her.
"No i can't use my magic. I'm stuck. where's the heart?"
"I got it. Its safe." Michael said holding it up.
"Good. Take it to cadence. She will know what to do with it."
"What! No I can't leave you here." Michael said as he cradled the heart in one of his wings and pulled his bow out aiming it at the crystals.

Before he could fire he felt the wind pick up and quickly dodged backwards just in time to avoid a blast of black energy from hitting him. He looked to the side to see a dark Unicorn riding the black clouds coming toward him. Michael readied himself as the figure laughed loudly in the air and spoke with a dark voice. "Ah so you are the one who held that blue shield from before. Quiet interesting."
"Sombra I assume." Michael said with a angry look in his eyes. Sombra just chuckled at him as he floated there.
"Ah so you know of me. I assumed as much. But enough of this. You have something of mine and I wish for it back." Sombra said as the dark magic surrounded him.

"I'm sorry you call has been put on hold. Here's some music to pass the time." Michael said then in reply. Sombra looked confused then and in that moment an arrow appeared before him piercing him in the shoulder. He cried out in pain as he pulled the arrow out and threw it to the side. He looked down at Michael as he held another purple arrow in his free hand.
"So be it." the dark magic the shot out toward Michael. He saw this and jumped from the edge of the platform as the magic impacted where he once stood. he landed on the side of the tower and slid down the side on his feet. As he slid he pulled 3 arrows out of the quiver and shot one at Sombra. He prepared to defend but it blew up in his face before it even hit him in a flash of light blinding him. The next one slammed into his chest and blew him back into the air and the 3 appeared above him and blew up in an explosion of fire sending him straight down to the ground.

Michael halted his slide by grabbing a flag pole on the side of the tower and quickly put away his bow. He then retrieved the heart from his wing and floated down to the ground with the girls behind him minus Twilight who was still trapped on the tower. Rainbow dash had escorted Cadence and Shining down the them moments ago. Michael ran over and held the heart out to Cadence who smiled upon seeing it. Then her expression changed when she saw something behind Michael. She quickly grabbed the heart in her magic as Michael turned to see an infuriated Sombra come out of the crater her made upon landing.
"I see your still standing." Michael said as he moved to stand in between the girls and Sombra.
"You think some twigs could take me down. You only delay the inevitable."
"Yeh? And what you failed to notice was that you have just lost." Shining called out from behind the group. Sombra looked up and noticed Cadence had set up the heart and was channeling her magic.
"NO!" Sombra then lunged forward only for Michael to jump up in his way and twist his body to the side sending a kick straight into Sombra's face sending him back into the ground. Michael landed and was blown back straight into the girls hooves by Sombra's magic. He rubbed his head as the girls pushed him to his feet.

"We got your back Michael!" Rainbow said as she stood next to him. He looked at her like she was insane before a hoof tapped his other side. He turned to see Applejack there.
"Were in this together remember?"
"As friends." Rarity said as she came up on the other side of Applejack.
"Yeh. We won't let this big meanie take over. That's just sad and evil." Pinkie said as she came up beside rainbow.
"Were with you." Fluttershy's small voice said as she floated above them. Michael looked at all of them and nodded.
"Alright. Now if only Twilight was here."
"Did somepony say my name?" A voice rang out as Twilight came running out of the castle toward them.
"What! But you were trapped!" Michael said as Twilight stood in front of him.
"Sombra's energy blast broke the cage keeping me trapped. You didn't notice."

"What little difference it make's. A whole army can not stop me!" Sombra's voice rang out as dark energy erupted around the group.
"Maybe not an army. But love will!" Cadences called out as her magic erupted forth into the air and into the crystal heart taking Sombra by surprise.
"WHAT! NOOOOOO!" He cried out as the energy hit his square in the chest. Light erupted from him as he called out in pain before exploding in an array of magic. The energy from the heart then exploded out as Michael turned to it but before he could see it, it hit him and everything went dark.

--------

Darkness was all he could see.

He stood there looking around the black.

What was he looking for?

A purpose?

A belief?

A friend?

.....

A truth.

A Home.

Light has come....balance has come.

"Huh?"
"Hey he's moving."

Why balance?

"This should not have happened! Where is Crystal?"

Because balance is your talent.

Be ready to protect it.

For it is time to fulfill your own destiny Michael.

Its time to move on.

Now wake up.

WAKE UP!

--------

Michael's eyes opened slowly as he tried to get his bearing. He groaned as his body ached all over. He turned his head or what he thought was his head to the side of the bed he lay on to see Celestia sitting there staring at him with a serious look in her eyes. Then she spoke in a calming voice.
"I see you are awake now. Do you remember anything?" She asked. Michael stared at her for a moment before trying to speak. His mouth felt wrong but he spoke out.
"I...Yeh...That magic...we beat Sombra?" Celestia nodded before her face changed to a sad look.
"But not without a sacrifice."
"What do you mean?" Michael asked as he tried moving but couldn't control his limbs.

"Remember what I told you about you wings? How they were a form of ponyfication that was not fully complete when you came to this world."
"Yeh....what about......" Michael then started putting the pieces together. "Where's a mirror." He said in a serious voice. Celestia sighed as her magic came forth and a full body mirror was moved to the other side of the bed. Michael slowly turned his head around and what he saw...well lets just say he was surprised. What he saw in the bed was a Gray pony with a pointed horn and a black and white mane. He could see the tips of his wings at the edge of the blanket underneath him. Needless to say after a minute of staring he passed out again.