• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 2,171 Views, 30 Comments

Oblivions Mark - Dj Star Flight



A human enters equestria story. Yeh i know there are a lot like these but i want to throw my own ideas into the mix. With a lot of magic involved surrounding said human. Enjoy :3

  • ...
19
 30
 2,171

Chapter 5 A Bushel short

A short time passed as Michael landed in one of the many apple trees over looking the Apple family farm. The board folded back into its cube form as Michael retrieved it and placed it in his pocket as he turned his attention back to the farm. 'Now if i heard right from Twilight, one of her good friends worked and lived here....what was her name?....Oh right that cereal name. Applejack....I'm so using that against her.' He thought with a sly smile. He grabbed one of the apples from the tree he was in and then heard it.

"THIEVEN VARMITS!" The voice said as he looked back at the farm house to see and orange earth pony wearing a stenson come out the front with some rope in her mouth. He watched her come straight toward the tree he was in as he quickly moved to the next tree before she could notice him. She ran up to the tree he was in before and bucked it as some of the apples fell out. A look of surprise came to her face as she looked around.

"Missed me there." Michael said as he dropped out of the tree behind Applejack but found that to be a mistake as she reared up to buck. Adrenaline kicked in again as both his hands came up and grabbed her back hooves as the impact picked up the wind around them blowing leaves from the ground away from them.

Applejack felt the force from it and looked back in disbelief as Michael looked up at her with the same look. She jumped forward and turned to him. "What the hay was that?...Wait no what are you?" she asked as the rope dropped from her mouth.

"I don't know myself but i can say this. Hi my name is Michael and i'm a friend of Twilights." He said as he crouched down at her height ninja style with a big grin plastered on her face. "and i'm a human." He added. This surprised Applejack to the point to where she sat down.

"What the hay?...You...You just blocked my buck...not even my brother can do that...not without getting knocked out from the force." she said in disbelief staring at him. "But i see the truth in what you say....wait you said your friends with Twilight? Ah well i'm super sorry about that." She said.

He just smiled and laughed at that. "Its ok Applejack. Get me a hat like the one your wearing and we'll call it even. Speaking of which i came by cause i'm looking for a job. I saw this farm and flew by to see if you needed an extra pair of hands." He said in which she just raised an eyebrow.
"Wait...You said flew? But you ain't got no wings on yah."
"No but i got a device that allows me to fly. I'll show yah later."

"Oooook...Well if you were looking for a job you came to the right place. Follow me. I'll introduce yah to the family and we'll see what you can do around here." Applejack said as she stood up and walked back to the farmhouse with Michael in toe as he looked around.
"How far does this orchard go?" He asked in wonder.
"We have over 100 acres of apple trees and were the number one producer of apple related products in all of equestria...Didn't Twilight tell you that?"
"No she was a bit vague on the details. She only told me who her friends were, there elements, and what they were like." He said with a sigh.

"That's just like Twi." Applejack said as she led him to the front door and walked in ahead of him. He came up behind her and ducked his head from the door to get him. 'Dang these pony size doors.' He thought to himself as he noticed 3 other pony's in what looked like the kitchen area. There was a big red stallion with a half a green apple as a cutie mark staring at him from the table. 'Yeh i could take him.' He thought. There was also a small filly there staring at him. He recognized her from town when he came through on his first test flight of the air glider. 'Must be the little sister.' He thought. Then there was the other green pony in the room. She looked a bit old, maybe the mother?...No granny old.

His train of thought was interrupted when Applejack coughed. "Well then Apple's This here is Michael. A friend of Twilights." She said catching there attention. Once the little Filly saw him she gasped and in that moment Michael had a new face cushion.
"Oh my god its you. You were the strange thing flying around ponyville yesterday aren't you! That was so cool. I'm Applebloom. I'm Applejacks little sister and a member of the cutie mark crusaders." She said.
"Applebloom get down off him. That's rude." Applejack said as Michael just raised a hand to silence her.
"Its ok. I'm always good with kids." He said as he lifted Applebloom off his face and placed her on his shoulder. The big stallion then came up.
"I've never seen a being such as yerself. I'm Big Macintosh. But you can call me Big Mac. You don't seem to mean us any harm so i think we can be friends." He said. Applejack raised an eyebrow at her brother then in wonder. 'What in tarnation? He's never spoken that much before...maybe its cause Michael looks bigger then him.' She thought.

"Its cool man. Pleasure to meet yah. Ow." Michael said as he felt a prod in his side and looked down to see the old pony there.
"Eh your a spry fellow aint yah. I'm Apple smith but everyone around here calls me Granny smith. I'm these 3 grandmother. Been looking after then for as long as i can remember." She said with a smile.

"Its a pleasure to meet you granny smith. I'm actually here looking for some work." He said with a nod.
"Well we already finished with the bucking for today but if yer not busy come on in tomorrow morning and we'll get yah set up Michael." Big Mac said with a nod as he returned to the table. A thought then came to Michael then.
"Oh that's right i gotta get back to Rarities. She should have my cloths ready." He said catching Appleblooms attention on his shoulder.
"Hey your going to Rarities? Can i come with. Her little sister Sweetie belle and i are friends. I wanna see if she's home." She said.
"Sure but you gotta ask your family cause i wanna ride my air glider." He said as applejack perked up.

"Air glider?" Applejack asked.
"Oh that's right you didn't see. Come on outside and i'll show you." Michael said as he walked out carrying apple bloom on his shoulder. Applejack followed reluctantly as he stood out in front of the farm house. He pulled the air glider from his pocket and clicked the button on it. He threw it out letting it unfold before them till it was set floating above the ground before them.
"Whow! That's....A might strange...You said you flew here on that?...I..I don't think i feel right letting you take Applebloom on that." She said staring at it unsure.

"Its ok. I got a safety harness attached to it and it has a sail." He said as he hopped on it and flipped the front lever letting the sail unfurl before them. He then pulled out a neon wire from the side of the glider. "Just wrap this around Applebloom and if she were to fall she would be safe. This will real her back in to safety. Trust me i wouldn't suggest this is i knew it wasn't safe." He said in a calming tone. Applejack then gave in.
"Fine but if i find out she got injured i'll make sure you can't walk nor fly ever again."
"Heh don't worry." He said as Applebloom took the neon line and wrapped it around her waist strapping it on as he picked her up and placed her on his shoulder. "Hang on now." He said as Applebloom wrapped her hooves around his neck. "Be back later." He said to applejack as he took off hearing the squeal of excitement in his ear from Applebloom as they took off into the air.

Author's Note:

Ok guys this is the end of the prewritten part of the story. The rest will be a complete mystery till i can think of ideas for it all. Got any ideas for me?

Oh oh i have one!

no pinkie....the party isn't until later.

Oh my god how did you know i was gonna say that? Are you Psychic?

Yes i am. Well anyways leave a like and comment below and i'll get back to yall once i got chapter 6 written up with applejack. Seeyall. :3 enjoy.