• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 2,666 Views, 169 Comments

True Blue Hero - totallynotabrony



Blueblood is a gritty alicorn superhero. Get used to it.

  • ...
24
 169
 2,666

Chapter 19

The castle library was getting crowded. Blueblood watched the scene unfold as Twilight’s hulking form cast a shadow over Shining Armor, Steel Blast, and a half dozen other angry alicorn amalgamations that had just come in through the windows.

“Do you think Twilight can take them all?” Blueblood muttered.

I bet she can, replied Trudy.

“I don’t know.”

If she can’t, that means it’s up to us.

Blueblood gulped. “We are so screwed.”

“Not half as screwed as you’re going to be,” commented the maid from earlier, right in his ear.

Trudy already had a spell charging on his horn as Blueblood whirled to face the imminent threat carried by an overly attached mare and her gay head voice.

It’s ready! Trudy said, passing off the spell which Blueblood promptly triggered. The maid went flying.

Unfortunately, the burst of magic drew the attention of every single other combatant in the room. They all stopped to stare at him. Blueblood looked around. “Um…how is everyone today?” He took a breath and kept gibbering. “I mean, clearly you’ve all got something on your minds. This is all a big change for everypony, but working together we can get things figured out and nopony has to get dead or raped.”

“But what if that’s what we want-” The pony who had spoken was slammed out the window by a crushing spell from Twilight. She whirled surprisingly quickly for somepony of her modified bulk and attacked another, using a free hand to slam a third into the floor by his face.

Shining Armor’s moving!

Blueblood saw Twilght’s brother leaping into the fight. Twilight didn’t see him coming at her back. Muscular as it may have been, she might not be able to withstand a surprise attack, and with Twilight out of action Blueblood was as good as screwed.

He fired a spell that caught Shining midair and knocked him off course. Blueblood hadn’t had time to put together a really powerful attack, but his objective was accomplished.

However, Shining Armor picked himself up and turned to face Blueblood, glaring at him.

“What do we do now?” Blueblood squeaked.

I doubt we can outrun him. There’s no way you can take him in a magic fight. You aren’t going to like this, but we’re going to have to get physical.

Blueblood did not like it one bit. He liked it even less when he felt his posture changing and his body lengthening.

“What’re you-”

And then he realized. Trudy was copying Twilight’s form.

Blueblood’s back involuntarily arched and his front hooves left the floor. His entire skeleton shifted to accommodate the changes from the tip of his horn down to the bottoms of his hooves. At least, until he sprouted fingers.

“We’re really doing this,” Blueblood muttered.

If we get lucky, he won’t copy us.

But of course, Shining immediately realized he was at a disadvantage and changed himself to compensate.

Deciding he should press his advantage while he could, Blueblood rushed forward. He raised what he supposed was his arm and lined up a punch. There was a sparkle around his fist and he realized Trudy must be adding a little special extra for power.

To Blueblood’s surprise, his first blow actually landed and Shining staggered. Blueblood followed up with a couple of quick jabs to the abdomen before Shining got his bearings and knocked Blueblood to the floor with one punch.

Trudy automatically popped him back up using his wings. Not expecting it, Blueblood stumbled forward, putting himself into a grapple with Shining.

Head down!

Blueblood complied, feeling his horn probing Shining’s face. Not wanting to get an eye poked out, Shining was forced to let him go.

And shoot!

Head still down, Blueblood managed a spell that caught Shining in the face, startling him more than anything, but buying Blueblood enough time to straighten up and land another few punches.

Incoming – duck!

Blueblood felt more than saw a massive fist tear through the air right where his head had been. Steel Blast had tried to sucker punch him.

Taking a step back, Blueblood got a moment to evaluate the new situation. Shining and Steel were now both after him.

He cast a longing glance in Twilight’s direction. She was fighting half a dozen less threatening enemies, and while she was kicking ass, she was too busy to come to his rescue.

“Trudy, I need help.”

Well, what do you want me to do? I’m doing all I can!

“Thanks for that. I wouldn’t have survived this long without you. But I don’t know if we can do this, even together.”

“Hey are you vain?” called Steel Blast. “For talking to yourself, I’m going to show you some pain!”

However, Shining was first to react, charging with a shout. Blueblood’s arm whipped up of its own accord and caught him by the face. The muscles from Blueblood’s fingers all the way back to his shoulder popped out like they'd been inflated with a tire pump.

The force of the impact was still enough to skid him across the floor, but only for a few feet before he felt his core and lower body bulking up to handle the force. Shining blinked from between Blueblood’s massive fingers. His eyes traveled upwards.

“Shining Armor, huh?” said a female voice from somewhere over Blueblood’s head. “Well, like a piece of metal armor, why don’t you get bent?”

The fingers around Shining’s face tightened and he was lifted off the ground. The arm cocked back and pitched him through the library wall.

“What the-?” Blueblood exclaimed, craning his neck upwards.

Trudy spared him a glance. “I decided we needed a different approach.”

“Was ‘get bent’ all you could think of?” Blueblood huffed.

“Sorry, but I was a little distracted in figuring out how I was supposed to save our asses.”

“And you decided making your own head was the way to do it?”

“Well…”

Something in Trudy’s tone suddenly made Blueblood realize it wasn’t so simple as her having her own head. He glanced down and wished he hadn’t.

Her head and in fact the rest of her body had emerged from his back. Emerged in the same way the wings had first appeared. Blueblood’s own self seemed to be little more than a thin glove-like covering for her front side, as if she was wearing him like a fancy dress.

If he'd had enough of a stomach left, Blueblood might have hurled.

But neither of them had time to contemplate, as Steel Blast saw his chance and took it. Head down and horns forward, he charged with a roar.

Blueblood cringed, but Trudy reacted, catching Steel’s horns and barely managing to avoid being knocked over. “A little help?” she called.

Blueblood found himself roughly face to face with the mutated minotaur. Pointing his horn, he started blasting with any spell that came to mind.

Covered in beer and a few bedroom aids, Steel was too stunned to react when Trudy gave him a shove. He toppled over onto the floor, landing with a crash that shook the room. Trudy leaped and pile drove into his abdomen, knocking the wind out of him.

Across the room, Twilight was finishing with her adversaries. She dusted off her hands and put them on her hips. Glancing over, she jerked in surprise, eyes going wide. “What in the world…?”

“You’ve got a changeling hybrid living inside you too,” Trudy pointed out. “Blueblood just isn’t as good at controlling his.”

“Hey!” Blueblood protested as a matter of principle, but knew he didn’t have a counterargument.

They all looked around the library, at the destruction and the limp bodies lying everywhere. Twilight’s eye twitched.

To distract her, Blueblood hastily asked, “So what now? Who else is affected? Are we going to have to fight them too?”

“First we need to talk to Princess Celestia,” Twilight said.

“Wasn’t she captured by Chrysalis during the wedding?” Blueblood pointed out. “How do we know she isn’t going through the same thing?”

Twilight frowned. “Well, she was kept in a cocoon in public, so maybe Chrysalis never had the opportunity to do this to her. Unfortunately, we can’t go to Cadance as an alternate because she was also captured. Luna’s also out because nopony still has any idea where she was during the invasion.”

“What if Celestia, Luna, and Cadance were already implanted by a changeling?” Trudy asked. “What if that’s just standard alicorn production?”

They were all silent for a moment before Twilight shrugged. “I need to do more research. I had almost figured out what I needed to know from that book I was reading before. But I can’t do research in a messy library.”

She started cleaning up. Blueblood felt his body shifting once more. He was getting closer to the ground, and felt deeper changes going on within himself. Strange flexing and a sudden sucking sound, accompanied by an oddly hollow feeling.

He landed on the floor on four hooves. Glancing back, he saw that aside from a thin line of mussed hair that ran from his withers to his tail, he looked back to normal. The odd part was a white mare standing next to him who looked a lot like Blueblood, save for the vaguely changeling features.

“Trudy.”

She smiled. “I didn’t know I could do that.” She grabbed him in a hug. “Nice to finally meet you, I suppose.”

“You too.” She felt familiar in his embrace. She should, Blueblood supposed. They were as close as two ponies could be.

Twilight glanced at the two of them. “So she’s out now?” She watched as Trudy progressed from hugging to nibbling on Blueblood’s ear as he grinned at the attention.

Twilight frowned at the escalation. “Didn’t she come from inside you? Like, in a lot of ways, she kind of is you?”

“Yeah, so?” Blueblood said. Trudy kissed him, and he returned it.

Twilight shook her head. “I have never met anypony so narcissistic.”

Comments ( 6 )

will there be a squeal to this story? i really like this

6490915 The entire story was a setup to the closing line.

And nobody was surprised.

Sequel or no sequel, this feels like a weird time to stop this story. There's a reason a book or movie doesn't end right after the final climax.

Hey I that title goes to Sonic the Hedgehog! He's a true blue hero!

Sonic hears this and saids out loud, "Hey! That's my line! Get your own!"

Login or register to comment