• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 2,666 Views, 169 Comments

True Blue Hero - totallynotabrony



Blueblood is a gritty alicorn superhero. Get used to it.

  • ...
24
 169
 2,666

Chapter 14

Blueblood hovered midair beside Twilight. He’d gotten his Trueblood disguise back on, and the two of them watched Midnight Flash come up to their altitude. He flew well, probably better than Blueblood.

“I thought you wouldn’t put ideas into my head,” Blueblood muttered.

I didn’t. That was all you, Trudy said. Huh, not only are you getting better at analyzing adversaries, but maybe you’re learning something about being humble and your personal limitations.

“Am not. I think.”

“What was that?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing.” Blueblood shook his head, changing the subject. “Let’s fight this guy.”

Facing off in midair with Midnight Flash, Blueblood and Twilight got ready. Somewhat surprising Blueblood, Twilight was the first to strike.

The shot of magic just barely missed Midnight Flash, as he displayed a surprisingly graceful sideways juke to avoid it. In return, he fired back a blitz of spells. None of them were particularly powerful or well aimed, but getting hit wouldn’t be fun.

“Can’t you do that thing where you take away a disguise?” Blueblood said, avoiding the fusilade of magic. “We would know who we’re dealing with.”

“No need,” said Twilight hastily.

“Why? Do you know who this guy is?” Blueblood accused. “Are you trying to protect him?”

“No, that’s ridiculous!”

She’s lying.

“How do you know?” Blueblood whispered.

Female intuition.

“Horseapples. It was so fake that even I caught it.”

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t female intuition.

“I don’t have female intuition!”

“Are you talking to yourself again?” Twilight said.

Blueblood ignored her, trying not to get hit by one of Midnight Flash’s attacks. Twilight was shooting back, but the other alicorn was too good at dodging. He tried to think of some way to shift the advantage.

If Midnight Flash could dodge Twilight’s spells, he could likely dodge Blueblood’s as well. Getting close might be an option, but that would put Blueblood at more risk.

You do have Twilight as backup.

“Work with her? Like partners?” Blueblood sputtered.

I never said with her, Trudy said. You can do like you normally do with mares, just use her.

“Hey, I work with you,” Blueblood argued. “It’s not like I can take advantage of you like I have with everypony else. I can’t exactly dump you and run. Besides, since we first met I’ve come to realize that I couldn’t have done any of this without your help. If anything, I consider you a partner, Trudy. I know you’ll always have my back, even literally.”

They both paused.

I...wow, I thought I could read your mind pretty well, but I never saw that coming. I don’t know what to say. It...it means a lot.

Blueblood got hit in the face by an errant spell and was nearly knocked out of the sky.

“Why didn’t you warn me about that?” he demanded.

Hey, you’ve got eyes! Besides whose fault is it that you distracted me with your heartfelt feelings?

They paused again.

“Let’s blame Twilight.”

Nice.

“What?” called Twilight from where she was still fighting Midnight Flash.

“I said distract him while I go punch him in the dick!” Blueblood said.

“No, you-!” But she was too late and Blueblood was already on his way.

Roll! Trudy commanded as Midnight Flash spotted Blueblood and fired another bolt of magic. Blueblood spun midair, the spell passing him by inches. Before Midnight Flash could line up another shot, Blueblood was within striking range.

The “punch him in the dick” part had been a figure of speech, but having found himself conveniently close, Blueblood mentally shrugged and decided to do it anyway.

Midnight Flash squeaked comically and his eyes rolled back. His wings seized and he started to fall, his long coat flapping around him as he tumbled towards the ground.

Twilight went after him, racing to catch the falling stallion before he slammed into the pavement below.

“Should we go after her?”

We might want to find out why she seems so interested in the guy.

Blueblood nodded and followed Twilight down. He watched as she caught up with Midnight Flash and with some effort managed to jerk him out of his dive. Pulling up, she landed on a rooftop and laid him down.

Blueblood landed a few feet away, watching as Twilight attempted to comfort the moaning Midnight Flash.

“So is that your brother?” Blueblood said accusingly.

Twilight looked up. “What?! No!”

“For a bad guy, you’re being awfully nice to him.”

Twilight glanced back and forth between Blueblood and Midnight Flash before reluctantly casting a spell. The disguise worn by the prostrate pony was stripped off to reveal an orange pegasus.

“Did...did you prepare your anus?” he asked feebly.

“Who the buck is this?” Blueblood asked.

I think we saw him around the castle once, Trudy said. Is he a guard?

“It’s my boyfriend,” Twilight said.

Blueblood frowned. “You mean coltfriend?”

“It’s complicated.”

Girl, you don’t know jack about complicated.

“Girl, you don’t know jack about complicated.” Blueblood frowned. He hadn’t meant to say that verbatim.

Twilight glared at him. “I met him in another dimension while we were both a different species.”

“So...does that make it beasiality or not?”

Twilight hit him in the head so hard that Blueblood fell off the building. It didn’t matter, though, because he was already out like a light.

He woke up hours later to sunlight and birds chirping. Blinking, Blueblood realized he was in his bed back at the castle.

“Huh…?” he muttered.

It’s not easy getting you back here by myself.

“Wait, how did you…?

Like I said, I did it myself. Trudy sounded proud of herself.

“You took control? How did you do that?”

Like I said, not easy.

“How is that possible? I thought you were in my head, but if I was knocked out…”

You were knocked out. Just because your brain is offline doesn’t mean mine is.

“I’m not okay with this!” Blueblood shouted.

Outside his bedroom door, the maid was about to knock. She decided to wait.

Well, would you rather have laid in the street all night? Trudy asked.

“Well, no, I didn’t want to get raped or worse by that maniac, even if he only had sex with princesses.”

So I got us back to the castle and put you to bed.

“That’s it? No funny business? No rape?”

If I did something to you, wouldn’t it be closer to masterbation? she jested.

Blueblood rolled his eyes. “Okay. I just...it’s just weird, feeling like somepony else’s plaything.”

I know what you mean. I know it’s a weird situation with the two of us.

“So how did you learn to do that?” Blueblood asked.

I’ve been getting used to the feel of your neural pathways and muscles over the last few days.

Blueblood shuddered. “You know, you could have just reminded me that you’re inside me and left it at that.”

The door opened and the maid came in, pointing an accusing hoof. “I’ve heard about enough, your highness.” Her contemptuous expression faded, however, when she didn’t see anypony in the room with Blueblood.

“What is the meaning of this?” Blueblood demanded, getting up from bed.

“I-I thought you were being a sexual deviant,” the maid stuttered.

I don’t think anypony would be surprised if you were a sexual deviant.

Managing to ignore that, Blueblood stared at the maid. “It’s your job to be discreet. The Royal Treasury pays you quite a pretty sum for that.”

Blueblood might have been careless with spending money, but he certainly knew exactly how much of the royal wealth was spent on expenses and was constantly devising ways to trim it.

“I, um…” The maid began to wilt under his anger. The Prince was an ass, but a very powerful ass. As she sought to look away from his glare, her eyes drifted from Blueblood’s face. “Wait, why do you have wings?”

She knows! Seize her!

“And do what?”

I don't know, whatever you usually do to keep mares occupied in your bedroom!

“She's not even my type.”

During the pause for conversation, the maid had run. Trudy grumbled, Well, now she's gone and probably going to tell the whole castle. Seriously, the one time I expect you to be a terrible pony and you let me down.

Blueblood shook his head. “Well excuse me for trying to be the good guy here.”

Heh. Yeah, I guess it would be kind of ironic to do that to her so soon after Twilight's coltfriend threatened to rape you.

“He said he had sex with princesses!”

It's still your butt!

Trudy giggled while Blueblood fumed. Much as he wanted to have the last word, something occured to him. “So, now that the maid is gone and probably going to tell everypony...what do we do now?”

Oh shi-