• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 4,698 Views, 196 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 1 "Murder at the Gala" - Jacoboby1



Season 2 of Noir begins with a murder mystery at the biggest party in Equestria. A butler murdered, a secret behind a locked door, a mysterious puppeteer, all are part of the first chapter of Equestria Noir's next season.

  • ...
6
 196
 4,698

Epilogue

Case 1
Epilogue

Perspective: ???

The visiting room was darkened on one side. I requested it so that my anonymity be kept. There will come a time when I can walk freely among my fellow ponies. But it is not this day, no, the plan is not completed yet. The pieces have not fallen into place. The board is not even set up yet.

But that will all change, once some pawns are set up.

The door opened and on the other side of the glass was Tabletop. He was clad in a prison uniform and his expression told me he was not exactly happy to be here. The guards slammed the door behind him, and Tabletop angrily stomped over to the seat. We were alone, no other visitors were here today.

He took the telephone in his hoof. His horn had a extra strength inhibitor ring in case he tried to run away. Perfect, magic shouldn’t be used by those who don’t deserve it. He’d only been in prison for a couple of days, but it did little to help him.

I took the phone in my own hoof, not wanting to show anything. I held it to my ear and said, “Comfortable Tabletop?”
“Are you my lawyer? Because I sure as hell need one,” Tabletop replied, “I’m hoping to get these ridiculous charges dropped.”

“Do you not recognize who, or better yet, what I am?” I said, gazing at him as recognition entered his features.

“You, you...” He glared at me. “You were the one who suggested this plan in the first place!”

“You seem to forget Tabletop, it was you who came looking for me,” I reminded him.

“I asked you to help me with a plan to dispose of my brother!” Tabletop blustered. “You gave me the needle gun, set up that gas leak in the castle so that I would be able to host the gala.”

“And that pulled Lord Blueblood out of his manor and right into your lap,” I replied, “yet, you proved to be a sorry shot.”

“How was I to know that damn butler would get in the way!?” Tabletop roared into the phone.

“Look twice, shoot once.” I said, a slight smirk coming to my face that he couldn’t see.

“It was all that damn detective’s fault!” Tabletop retaliated. “Had he not have interfered, your precious plan would have gone without a hitch!”

“Whoever said my plan was to have your brother killed?” I asked.

“You...” Tabletop was absolutely dumbstruck. “There’s no possible way you could’ve predicted that all of this would happen.”

“I didn’t predict the exact events, nopony could have,” I replied. “However, I knew one way or another, Private Eye would’ve found you guilty and in this prison cell.”

“You, you knew he’d be there!” Tabletop realized.

“Of course. Did you think I’m not smart enough to figure that out? It would be he and his wife’s first public appearance following their marriage. Logically, they would have shown up one way or another. Even if they didn’t show to the gala, I knew that Celestia would send for him.”

“What could you possibly gain by finding me in this damnable cell!” Tabletop demanded.

I paused for a moment, and then said, “The reason I went along with your plan, was to get the Bluebloods out of the way. With you, your sister, and brother in law in prison, all of your assets go to your nephew for the time being. As you have no children or extended family apart from your sister, your nephew is in charge of your estate.”

“You, you knew nopony would take him seriously.” Tabletop said, looking at me “You knew his rants during the gala would cause many to lose trust in him. So, you plan to ruin our family? Is that it?”

“Oh, you ponies don’t need my help to cause ruin. You are more than happy to do so yourselves,” I replied, again with a smirk he couldn’t see.

“Then what is your plan!?” Tabletop demanded “Tell me this instant!”

“Let’s just say, Canterlot has been on top for far too long...”

“Those are words of treason!”

“Really? I hadn’t noticed.”

“I will inform the guards! They’ll kill you this instant!”

“The guards, are gone now.”

“What?”

“They had to deal with a prison riot that happened to occur as we are talking, followed by a slight power outage...”
The lights went off as I spoke. This would take care of the cameras.

“What, what are you doing!?” Tabletop shouted, as he started to look around in the darkness.

“Simply tying up loose ends.” I said, leaning back in the chair.

“You can’t kill me!” Tabletop shouted, “There’s glass between us!”

“Did you enjoy the bread?” I asked.

“It’s prison food what do you thin-” He stopped speaking as he suddenly put a hoof to his throat. “You...you...”

“A slow acting poison that I convinced a prison guard to lace into your bread while you were busy sulking in your cell. Nopony was the wiser when it was brought to you.” I said, looking at him.

“But, why?” He said, trying his best to breath as the poison took effect. “Why kill me?”

“Let’s just say, you made a grave mistake during the plan. Die now, knowing that you have brought ruin, but that you death will suit a purpose...”

Tabletop suddenly fell to the floor, coughing and wheezing as the poison did it’s work. “Who...who are...*cough* who are...you...?”

“You, are the first of many...the first pawn to be taken by a king...”

For I am the precursor to the new world. I am the unseen hoof that guides the world to a new age. An age where the old is cast aside forever. I am change.

I...am Shadowhoof...

Comments ( 36 )

Oh fuck. Everypony WATCH OUT we got a new player in town.

methinks that a certain pony might just throw a monkey wrench into this plan...and not who u might be thinking...

Odd... We have a new mastermind in play again... but not the one's I expected... But then again, I've learned to not expect everything. Though, this pony seems... familiar, yet not... odd... I have a feeling that we will see what he really is very soon though.

I cant wait for case 2!:pinkiehappy:

Woo! New major villain!

3041676Sorry I didn't send it to you, it was just so short I didn't think it was worth the trouble.

Comment posted by Codelyoko22 deleted Aug 15th, 2013

3041681 Yeah, wasn't worth the trouble, all looks good. Great case!

ermahgerd, new villain!!

Boy, that escalated quickly. One chapter in and there's already a Xanatos Gambit in play.

3042732Grapes just mentioned that...

jmb

Gonna go out on a limb here and say he may be one of those bat ponies, and that he has a hate on for the nobles in Canterlot. Though his motives seem less clear than the prior mastermind (ie. Lunard wanting the destruction of all non-alicorns). Wonder if he is arrogant enough to believe that he is doing good or sees himself as a necessary evil to bring change?

Is it wrong that now Shadowhoof is in this, I can't shake the idea of comparing him and Private to Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty? :twilightsheepish:

3044179
No its not wrong, I thought the same thing after reading the epilogue.

3044385
:rainbowderp:
...
'Dis gon' be good. :moustache:

New case new villien cant wait to read more soon.

Great ending to the chapter cant wait for the next case. :twilightsmile::eeyup::yay:

And so case one comes to a close, and we also get a nice big conspiracy to think about for the season.
Shadowhoof...This guy isn't gonna go down easy.... watch your back, Private!

Enjoyed the case, it's a good season opening. Can't wait for the next one!

Can someone direct me to the addresses of the seven people who disliked this story? I'm just going to drop a package off that totally isn't a nuke... :pinkiecrazy:

3044179

You aren't the only one......Moriarty does turn out to be a brilliant villain and the perfect opposite to Sherlock Holmes. Now we got Private and Shadowhoof. Can't wait, I just can't wait!!!!

3047953 Yeah, sure.
Here they are- wait a minute...
What ARE in the packages?

3056324 Oh nothing to worry about. It's just nuclear bombs, I mean... Candy... Yes candy... Is in the packages...

3056347 But, there's a noise coming from them...
It sounds like... ticking...
... :twilightoops:
Y'know what? Forget I asked, here are the addresses. :twilightsheepish:
*Hands the list of addresses over*

3025404 I'm regretting looking at that picture now...

Shit, what an ending but definitely a great way to establish the villain for the season.

3056347 Nuclear Bombs are bad. Nucler Bombs aren't.

got to say, i'm liking shadowhoof. i'm going with the fact that that's a name he has given himself to keep some form of anonymity for the things he has planned, though, at the same time, i'm not entirely sure on that. can't wait to see what you will do with him and how the eventual clash of private and him will occur.

3115677Just so long as you found the content, I'm good

...Well, damn. A new villain and this is just the first episode. Can't we have just one story where there is no arc of an evil bad guy slowly but surely winning?

:eeyup:: Nope.

Guess I was wrong about the Damon Gant vibe. That was one hell of a twist.

This music seems fitting for this chapter.

I'm just gonna call it that Spera is Shadowhoof. It seems too convenient that a new character is introduced that Private connects to and we get a new scary villain close behind.

Login or register to comment