• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 587 Views, 6 Comments

Starting a Blaze - Shadowbot739



Lived on an island for years. Lost everything but my skill in burning, blowing things up and making insane devices.

  • ...
3
 6
 587

Forest, Ruins, and Demons

Remember that spooky forest that I saw from the sky before? Well, our destination is in that forest. This shouldn’t be a problem right? I been in many creepy places, bug infested deserts, and plagued ruins to name a few. I got out of them alive didn’t I? That’s all fine and dandy except for one thing, I had my body and backup from other adventurers. What I got now? A body that is not my own, weakening my capability for my better spells, and a guard who is actually willing to be my friend and might actually like me. I am not sure what to make of that last part yet. Not to undermine her abilities, I know she is plenty capable with that short sword, but I am doubtful of us getting out of this without losing something important.

Now when we got to this forest, it was just very creepy and stuff. When we entered said forest, it was still just creepy. We did ran into these wooden wolves, but you know with me being skilled in fire spells, they died rather quickly, despite my weaken state. It was when we ran into demons it got bad. I mean, they were just imps, but many demons have a tendency of being resistance to fire. What did we do for these? I froze them to the ground while Midnight ran em through. She clearly doesn’t have any refrain from killing as I might have thought for being a herbivore, or it could just be because all demons deserve nothing other than death and she agrees.

“Korrxx!” Midnight shouts to me. “We need to keep moving before more come!”

“Oh, right!” I replied and followed after her, deeper into the forest.

We do start to see actual ruins, not the keep of the place, but ruins. You know what ruins mean when you already seen some demons? You find more demons. This time we got a pair of fel guards blocking some old wooden bridge. So naturally I chose froze the ground when the one on the right charged at us. The demon slipped on the ground crashing head first into the tree next to me. This enraged the other one, but it failed to notice the ground below its feet was also covered in ice. I decided to teach it what happens when you apply force to an object on ice, near a cliff.
I forced the air in front of the felguard to combust. The energy that burst out pushed the demon backward. On top of that, the ice below its feet cause it to lose any good traction on the ground, causing it to plummet off the cliff. I turn to see what happened to the other guard when it hit that tree to find it already dead by Midnight’s sword.

“Good job-” I tried to say, but was cut off.

“So you seek to stop me?” I heard a voice from across the bridge. Turning to see what sort of demon we got to fight now, I find myself. My body stood over there, though there were many differences. For one thing he managed to grow an evil mustache where I know I couldn’t grow one in the time period that passed. My green scope is missing, and he put on a purple robe thing. I really hate having robes on. Like really, they don’t fit well to me, nor they look good on me. He still got the translator on him. Me? This is so confusing.

“Give me my body back!” I shout at him.

The guy just lets out an evil laugh before he said anything. “You can have it, I’m done with it.”

Suddenly my body just seized up and drops to the ground with some dark mist exiting it and going deeper into the ruins. I just stared at my body for what seemed to be hours and I would have just continue like this if Midnight haven’t grabbed me, the micro-sentry body, and flew to my real body.

“Can you get back in?” She asks me.

“I think so… I…need you to remove the gem from this body and place it in my hand” I answered.

My friend did just that. When I was removed from Qira’s body I suddenly felt a lot weaker, like I was going to crumble away any minute. Though, soon as I was placed into the hand of my real body I felt more whole. I felt for a true connection and then flooded my body with my essence. The mana gem crumbled into dust and then to nothing.

“Never… again” I croaked, using my true mouth.

My body ached all over. I tried to ignore it as I attempted to crawl to my feet. I wasn’t able to succeed at that though. Midnight grabbed me and pulled me into a hug before I even got halfway up. My thoughts went to that either she was trying to crush me, or that she does actually like me. For survival sakes at least, I hoped the latter.

The blue mare’s body must have acted faster than her mind considering that her eyes widened a bit when I patted her on the back. She quickly let go of me, making sure I could stand on my own. I was about to ask her about the hug, but she hushed me and said we’ll talk later. Ah… the ever growing talk later list.

I inspected my body a little closer now that I actually had it. There seems to be no permanent change. I had extra clothes in my bag; I quickly changed into that. It was actually my fancier set, simple blue cloth pants, and a white buttoned shirt. I got rid of the mustache with use of my Gnomish Army Knife. I knew I’ll have to replace my replace my prized scope, but for now, I could focus my frustration on its lost on the demon.

“Are you ready?” Midnight asked me as I got the last of my gear into place.

“Yes, that demon been in my life for too long” I replied.

We set off to the keep of the castle itself. There been several more imps on the way, but they were easy to destroy now that I am at full strength again. To think of it, the felguards back there were weaker than normal. I had trouble with them on a normal case, but I guess we just got lucky.

When we reached the entrance of the keep, we found a strange sight. There were actually already dead demons and they were facing the open door it seems. We heard sounds of fighting from within and ran in to see just what was going on. What we saw was a definite shock.

There was a tall humanoid with tusks, pointed ears, and a black robe, a troll, throwing shadowy fireballs at demons left and right, mainly imps, but a few felguards also. These demons were attacking him in return. One major thing I noticed was that near one wall there was a large scorch mark on the ground. If I know anything about burn marks, I’d say there was a portal placed there, but it collapsed violently.

“No, I command you! You will listen to me!” The troll yelled, confirming what I thought. He was a warlock, or some sort of dark caster. He did managed to finished the last of the demons that was attacking him and he then lays his eyes upon us. “You! This is your fault!”

“What? What I do?” I ask him.

“Because of you, I got stuck in your mind. I had to waste my time trying to gain control of your body. I had to spend my time acting even remotely friendly to you idiot, even some of your insanity got to me for a while.” The troll spat on the ground. “I once held an iron grip on these demons, I was going to take control of that pathetic island of yours. You and the rest of your kind was going to be our servants again, but what happened? You did, you came along and blindsided me before I was able to cast anything. I had a soulstone ready, but you crushed it. You didn’t even know the stone was there. So here I was forced to watch you time and time again managing to survive the impossible. All it took was one little death to get my spirit free, or the ability to tap into your power to recreate my own body.

“When I finally took over, it took too long.The demons I had control over got restless and doubted my power.” He continued on ranting. He really did not learn his lesson about ranting, did he not notice that Midnight wasn’t next to me? I mean, I know the mare was quite stealthy for a guard. So much in fact I question if she was more like an agent of the SI-7 instead of a true guard. I don’t even know where she was. Actually, I probably could find her, but I can’t give any hint to that troll.

“I spent every moment prying or a weakness in your mind” the troll continued to rant. “In fact there was hardly a true shield in your mind! It was just so erratic that finding a point of control took forever!” He paused for a moment, as if thinking. “My only question for you now is, how slow you want to d-”

He never was able to finish that question. Midnight managed to sneak behind the warlock while he was ranting and plunged her sword into his back going clean through. It wasn’t enough to kill him though, somehow. So, do to that fact, I decided to finish him off with my favorite spell combo.

I motioned Midnight to get to the side and she complied. The troll managed to stay up, but was clearly in too much pain to do anything else. I snapped my fingers and sent a wave of fire at him. The fire collided with the body, but it was not like a fireball. The flames just spread out on him, slowly burning. I then pressed my hands together to gather up the energy for my most outright powerful firespell, Pyroblast. I sent the big ball of fire at the troll and the ball exploded on impact, sending him hurtling backwards. Before his body reached the wall, the slow acting fire finally covered him and exploded as well, destroying half of the corpse.

“What, what was that?” Midnight questioned when she approached me.

“Living Bomb, it initially isn’t that threatening, but when that fire gets all around you, boom” I answered.

“I’m glad you’re on our side then.”

I didn’t respond, I just took out my army knife and went up to the remains. There wasn’t all that much left of the corpse. The entire lower half of the body been blown off and his left arm was missing. Some parts were still burning and I patted the flames out.
I knew this idea was crazy, but it was something I wanted to do. I turned a dial on my knife, jammed it into the body and pressed the dial in. An electrical surge jolted out of the knife and into the corpse.
It made a loud gasping sound and the head turned towards me, eyes wide. The soon to be corpse again asked me “Why… How could you kill and…” He tried saying more but his voice was just so weak.

I just looked at him straight in the eye and said “Well, it started on a sunny day back on Azeroth…”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment