• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 587 Views, 6 Comments

Starting a Blaze - Shadowbot739



Lived on an island for years. Lost everything but my skill in burning, blowing things up and making insane devices.

  • ...
3
 6
 587

The Guard and the Voice

Letting a grunt escape my form, I crack my eyes open to see my surroundings. I am still in the hallway as before. Except there is a difference, instead of the Princess, there is a guard looking down at me. This one is white, like Celestia, but a duller tone to the coat. I could see folded wings at its side and a light green tail. The rest of the form is covered with golden armor.

“I see you’re awake” A feminine voice came out of the pony.

“And I was hoping I wake up with a hangover” I said with disappointment

The pony rolled her eyes and held a hoof out to me. I grabbed the hoof, and she pulled me up to my feet.

“We are going into the barracks so I can drop off my armor. Then we will talk more details” She announced.

Apparently the armory is just up the staircase at the end of the hall. I really questioned the logic behind that, what if there was some jail break. The weapons and armor is right there. I mean, what if I decided to melt the door and make a run for it before? Or perhaps, a demon? In the end I guess it didn’t matter, most armor and weapons had to be specialized for me to use them.

Well it turns out that the guard armor is enchanted to change their coat colors. When that guard removed her armor, it changed to a very dark shade of blue. Why a green mane though? I’ll never know. Maybe that princess wanted to relate to my own epic emerald green hair.

“Are you going to stop staring in space creature?” the guard said, knocking me out of my trance.

“Huh? What were you saying? I lost focus” I responded

“The princess expects me to deal with this? What did I do to deserve this punishment?” The guard muttereds.

“Hey whats up man?” a voice in my head spoke.

“No, No. Not you, why do you have to come back… I hate you” I responded outloud.

“We never met” The guard stated.

“I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to the stupid voice in my head.”

“Way to secure your sanity bro, you want a medal?”

“No I don’t want a stinking medel. I thought I got rid of you after that teleporter incident. You know? Killing you while you were not in my head?”

“You did, but I found a way back in. You know you love me bro.”

“You are not related to me! You are just some mind corrupting demon that happens to look just like me in a physical form with a evil mustache.”

“You need your eyes checked. I do not look like you at all… Why am I even bothering with you. You even earned a title about being insane.” The guard said.

“I like her. Would you kindly tell her that I want to dance on her heart while freezing your own?”

“No I will not tell her that. I want you to go back to that burning hunk of rock where I killed you.”

“Hmmm… I think not, but I need to go see what you been up to for the past few years. See you later bro.”

“Curse you evil twin thing…” I turn back to the guard who seems to be writing a letter, with her mouth. When you don’t have hands I suppose you have to get creative when you want to write. “Whatcha doing?” I ask her.

“I’m writing a letter to the princess stating just how insane you really are” She responds.

“If you’re talking about the voice in my head, I’ll say that it controls none of my actions. That thing is like an evil subconscious. I think he killed my old one, would explain a lot in that case.”

“Do you even hear yourself?”

“Can we go? Not that I don’t like standing around piles of armor and weapons you can use on me, but I like to keep my little blade in my ba…I just told… dang it”

“Hand it over. You're already dangerous enough with your magic.”

“Uhh… can I get a do-over?”

“No. If you resist, you will have more problems to deal with besides your apparent insanity.”

I reluctantly pulled out a sword hilt has an amber gem encrusted at the base and no blade. I hold it out in front of me.

“Are you seeing things too? There is no blade on this.” The guard states

“Only when you fuel arcane energy into the hilt. It cannot be stronger than the user or it’ll blow up.” I demonstrated by channeling some energy into the hilt, creating a flaming blade long as my forearm. I stopped and put it on my belt.

“So it cannot be more dangerous than you already are. I suppose you can keep it.”

“Now thats out of the way. Lets go to wherever it is that I have to go. A gathering mission perhaps?” I hated those.

“We are going to head for Ponyville, so you can apologize for your actions. After that, I am just to make sure you stay out of troub… what are you doing?”

When the guard said something about apologizing I got hungry and conjured up some food. What? I don’t think I have eaten since yesterday. “I’m eating… you want some?”

“Your form of magic is very strange. I fear what is going to happen when Ms. Sparkle discovers you in town.”

“You speak of a magic sucking demon? A Fel Hound? Once we arrive tell me where the demon is and I’ll get rid of it.”

“If you touch her or any other pony, I will beat you to a pulp.”

So she isn’t a demon… and here I was getting my mind ready for some slaying. The guard stopped talking to me and start walking off, I followed. We ended up going into some city, I’ll not bore you with the details of how I almost destroyed one of the parks we passed along. Lets just say the voice came back and leave it at that.
Apparently the ponies have trains, I asked the guard if I could try my hand at making the thing faster and add a few cannons. She only glared at me as a response. What’s wrong with adding more speed and cannons? Other than the fact that cannons means explosives and explosives means possible chance of exploding train when it is steam powered. I mean if the voice in my head agrees with me, how could it be a problem? Oh wait…

“Get off the train” The guard spoke after some hours of silence.

I did just that. I stepped off of the train into the town I was in yesterday, I think it was yesterday anyway.

“We are going to the hospital and you are not to get side tracked again”

“I hope it is a mental one, those are always fun.”

“Be quiet you, I need to find some inspiration for my next invention.”

The guard just shakes her head and leads me to the local hospital.
_____________________________________________________________________

Did I mention my fear of doctors? That might have been important considering I’m now surrounded by them and freaking out.

“Keep away from me you doctors or do I have to use this adorable nurse as a weapon?” I yelled while pointing at a random nurse who is at the other side of the hallway.

“Only one doctor even passed you and you freak out five minutes after that?”

The guard punches me in the shoulder, hard enough for me to stumble. “Rainbow Dash’s room is right there”

I turned left and there is the room in question, along with the mare spoken of. She have bandages covering the points where my fire impacted. Other than that she seems alright, although the glaring eyes is getting annoying.

“What are you doing here” She said with great anger.

“Oh I’m just having the time of my life, evil doctors everywhere, the voice in my head returned, and I got a guard following me around.”

“What a nice summary of your day.”

The guard punches me again “That is not what you’re suppose to do.”

“Fine fine” I mumble. “I, Flame Keeper Korrxx the Insane, yes I was keeper of the flames back home until that dragon decided to reactivate the volcano, causing me to loose my home, my money, my girlfriend to betray me, and was going to be sold into slavery. Uhh ahem… anyway, I apologize for mistaking you as a demon-spawn.”

“Ah, an apology and general summary of the largest lost you faced, and here I thought you would stop dwelling on that.”

“Shut it you stupid voice, You try going through all of that while being taunted by a demonic voice in your head. Wait, you’d probably love it demon.”

“Who is he talking to?” Rainbow dash asks the guard.

“Some voice in his head, I would have him in the dungeons if I could” She responds.

The door behinds us opens and a doctor walks in. I screamed at the doctor, casted frost armor, jumped out the window and ran along the street panicking.

“That window was open you know…”