• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 587 Views, 6 Comments

Starting a Blaze - Shadowbot739



Lived on an island for years. Lost everything but my skill in burning, blowing things up and making insane devices.

  • ...
3
 6
 587

The Common Mishap

I know what you’re thinking I’m just another insane Goblin who been using his mind control hat too often and long; but I’m not joking I really did go to another world. No, I’m not talking about that burning hunk of rock flying through the netherstorm known as Outlands. I’m talking about a world that isn’t on fire and well... intact. This is a world with talking Ponies and other creatures I never seen before.

I bet you’re wondering how I got there and got back right? What was that? You don’t care that I got back? No wonder why I killed you. Well I’m going to tell the story anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gah, why doesn’t this fit?” I said finally after trying several times to fit the last tubing to my new and most impressive device.

“If you heed my past warnings, you would stop tampering with the transporter device before you blow up... again” a robotic voice spoke.

I turned around and looked at the owner of the voice. It stood on two legs and had two arms. The body was brown with orange markings all over. The arms and legs were not attached it the body, the parts floated slightly away from where the joints would normally connect. and where the stomach should be a orange crystal is in place. It is the sunreaver Micro-sentry that I... liberated from Haywire.

“I’m almost done Qira. Once I finish my master transporter I’ll be able to go anywhere I please. I’m going to be richer than the Trade prince when I sell this design” I said with pride.

“Which one?”

“I... Gallywix of course. It’ll show him for taking all my life savings, and trying to sell me into slavery. Also... yes I completed it!” I said once finally pushing the last part in its place.

Taking off my goggles and putting my scope with the green lens over my right eye. I stepped back to observe my invention with awe.

The device took shape of a rifle, but had several wires and gems on barrel and stock. On the end of the stock, there were several levers and buttons. The most notable thing about the device is scope or what should be a scope on a normal gun. The scope glowed in several different colors at once and repeatedly sparks. I took one more look at my greatest creation and then decided to pick it up.

“Why give it a shape of a gun? You are a horrible shot, even if it was usable like one” Qira questioned.

“Hey, my father was a great hunter” I defended.

“The same one who was killed by a bunny rabbit and then exploded?”

“That was no ordinary rabbit, it was a monster... Though I never found it after that day. Why did I even tell you that story?” I asked no one in particular.

“You told me all your stories, despite the fact that I did not want to listen”

“Well time for a test run”

“You just completed it, aren’t you supposed to check it over several more times before trying to rip the fabric of-”

Without listening anymore to Qira’s insane worries, I flip several of the switches and then typed in a coordinate on the keypad: 7, 3, 19. After not checking the coordinates again, I pulled the trigger. Nothing happened.

“What?” I said to no one.

“Looks like another failed attempt sir” Qira said with little emotion. Then it looked at the coordinates I had put in, “lucky for you, because that input would’ve thrown us right at the Maelstrom and surely we wo-”

Suddenly a flash of light appeared where the duo was and then they vanished.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the flash worn out of my eyes I noticed three things. One, I was falling; two, I was above the maelstrom; and three, Qira was on my back. Before we fell any further I cast slow fall on myself to give me time to come up with a perfectly good reason why it is not my fault.

“I warned you sir” Qira simply said.

“This isn’t the first time a porter went wrong. You remember when my evil twin appeared next to me” I defended.

“I don’t want to be reminded of that incident”

“Also back before I found you, I got turned into a trogg”

“Well maybe you shouldn’t go mixing your spells and gadgets together. ESPECIALLY when it is fire spells”

“I didn’t use any normal spell for this thing, I mean I only used arcane stones used for teleporting to certain locations”

With the slow fall finally wearing off, our speed started to pick up again. As I was about to recast it, a loud voice rang through my ears, disrupting my concentration.

“I AM DEATHWING! THE DESTROYER! THE END OF ALL THINGS! INEVITABLE! INDOMINA-”

Before the rest of the insane rant could be heard I crashed into the swirling vortex.