• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,812 Views, 183 Comments

Good, bad, and why me? - Normalguy



It was just a normal day of going to school, and I just dont know what went wrong.

  • ...
16
 183
 1,812

Day .5

Day .5

=---==-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-==-=-=--=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-==-==-=-=-=---=-==-===-=--=-==-=
Carousel Boutique) Jon's bed.


Man, sleeping sucks as a pony. I can't sleep like this. At home I have a ritual, you know the weird toss and turn thing at night then all of a sudden your asleep and you just don't know why but it just works? Well It's not working. The bed is comfortable enough, maybe the problem is that I don't have enough pillows. Yeah, pillows.

I can stay up all night. I've done it before, but there's school tomorrow, or today. I can sleep in class, I'd probably know most of it, considering that i'm a freshman, and if I do sleep someone will wake me up, that someone being the teacher. Wonder how the teacher is. Usually I go off rumors from friends and family. I got nothing here.

My family always thought I was independent. I'm not really independent, more like a barrier is up and it goes down when the time is right. But most of the time I stay hidden away, waiting. Wonder how the school people is taking me "disappearing". I was never popular enough to make impact on the social group, but i'm sure they notice if I gone missing.

Maybe my parents heard that I didn't come to school and they lied saying they forgot to phone in that I was going to be sick for awhile. That's what I would do as a parent. When i'm a parent i'm going to be the 'cool' dad, AKA the immature adult.

I open my eyes and sit in silence thinking about what happened over the few day i've been here. All the stuff i've been doing is spontaneous. Heh, busting through the door, taking a selfie with a spirit, turning into a pony, and fighting off a kidnaping or ponynaping if called around here, I don't remember the term. If this is a few days here what's a week? A month at that. Iris said I have a sense of adventure. Didn't think it be like this.

After I turn back human i'm going to go back to the forest and explore. At thinking this I smile. I wonder how many creatures of all kinds in there are. Maybe i'll write a book on it and become famous. Heh me being famous, what a joke. The first entry in the book: Mr. Plant. Evil bastard.

Wonder if their magic can put me to sleep. Or pills, gotta add more pills to my chart, heh. Sleep, why do you elude me so?
Maybe Luna can help. She's a princess, maybe her magic can fix my internal clock, that be nice. Wonder If Twilight can read my text book. Since I can't read their language, maybe they can't read mine? A wise man once said: Only time will tell.

In the midst of my thoughts I hear glass shatter from the outside. Oh dear that's not good. I get off the bed landing on my face with a thump. I push my self on all fours and walk towards the door. Luckily the door is not closed all the way, I put pressure on the door so my hoof is pushing against the door. I apply the force needed to open the door. he door creeks an I stop waiting for something to happen.

Nothing happened.

I sigh in relief and go through the open space. I look down the hallway to see anybody. For once luck is on my side. I hear a conversation through the halls.

(Loud whispering in the conversation.)

"What are we stealing again?"

" Shh, not too loud. Were stealing the gems she dug up a couple of weeks ago. now get finding."

" How do we know she still has them. She might of used them already for all we know."

" Plan A: Find the gems and take them, there's got to be a stash of them around here. she cam in with a whole mine cart full of them. Plan B: If there is no gems, which I doubt it. Take anything of value and trash the place so nopony can track back to us. Got it?"

" You're really smart you know that?"

" Yeah, i'm the brain, your the muscle. Now start looking!"

"Do you have a plan if we get caught?"

" Who's going to be up at this time. It's Three in the morning." So that's what time it is." We gained enough info on this town to know when everypony is asleep."

That's all I need.

" Psst. Iris You up?"

"With all your damn thoughts I cant go to sleep."

" Sorry! But did you hear anything they said."

" I was sleeping through half of it, but I have enough to guess the situation at hand or in your case hoof."

" Now's not the time! What should I do?"

" Do what coms natural to you, follow your instincts."

" Like what?" The tone in my voice is becoming more worried by the second.

"What would you do right now?"

I ponder what she said. I can't let cheap thieves take Rarity's stuff. If I let it get taken and just go back to sleep she'll understand, but i'm stuck with the guilt, and if they don't find anything they'll take everything valuable, and trash the place. I gotta do something.

" I have to stop them."

" Good, don't forget that you can airbend."

Not in a pony body I can. I got my stupidity, My smarts, and my right foreleg armor cover. I walk towards their voices and stop. Should I engage in combat? Or go all assassin on them? Engaging in combat will stop them now, but I don't have the strength to take them both down. I can't go assassin on them because I can't us this body well enough. Maybe I can scare them away or just fight them. Oh the pro's and con's.

" Jon! There getting away!" Oh shit.

"Stop thieves!!" I yell towards them in a deep voice to make them think i'm not a colt. Uhg.

" Oh no, Someone caught us!" One of the ponies say. Let's name him #1, The other one of course #2.

" It'll be fine remember it's two against one. How hard could it be?" Says #2. " Come on out. You scared? Fight us like a stallion!"

" Fine... Do it now Silver, behind them!" I yell in the same deep voice.

The two look behind them to find nothing there. While keeping them distracted I run at them with all I can. When just far away enough I leap with my armored covered leg back getting ready to hit #1. I thrust the hoof connecting it with his head. CLANK! is the sound it makes. And a yelp is heard. I get back behind a table and wait.

" Son of a buck that hurt what was that!" #1 says.

" Well it looks like you got hit." #2 says.

" No duh Sherlock. Did you see the pony who hit me?"

" It's too dark in here. I'll go turn on the light." Next target located.

I sneak up behind him and wait where he goes over to the light switch. He makes a move for he switch. I quickly hit him in the back leg to get his attention, and it does. He turns around to see what hit him. I balance on my hind legs and prepare to jump-uppercut him. I position under his chin and jump. Smack it goes and he stumbles back.

When he stumbles back he hit the switch. The lights go on and #1 saw this. A golden colored colt with golden leg hitting his partner in crime.

" YOU!" #1 yells " You were the one who hit me! Your gonna ay for that!" He runs at me with the speed of a raging bull.

I step to the side right before he hits me ad crashes into his partners in crime. I prepare to hit with my armored leg. He shakes off the dizzy spell and turns to me. As soon as he turns I get on my hind legs, lean forward and thrust my hoof towards his head.

Shit I missed! i'm not tall enough for this! I fell forward and land on the ground with a thud.

" Oh it's payback time." #1 says. He rears back his left hoof an thrusts it forward.

I get up just quickly enough to block it with my armor. With the force that hoof came, it sent me backwards onto the floor. Minor pain it gives but it should be worth it. I get up from the ground to see #1. Where's #2? He was right behind him knocked out. Crap. Got my answer.

I feel a hoof kick me from the side. I get sent flying to he side landing on the floor with a tumble. God that hurt. My vision is somewhat blurred but clear enough to see #1 smirking at me. I feel something hard hit my head and black out.



=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-===-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=--=-=-=--=-==-=-=--=-=-==-=-=-=-
Jon's head.)



I wake up on the ground in the grassy plain. I push my self off t ground and call Iris.

" IRIS! WHERE ARE YOU?" I yell

" Right here Jon." A voice says behind me.

I turn around to see the lady once again.
" That's creepy, don't do that again." She just shrugs. " Now's not the time. Can you wake me up?"

" I can, but shouldn't you get help or something?"

" I can't call anybody on a phone, they don't have them!" She looks at me like i'm stupid. Then it hit me." Oh duh!" I say this as I hit my left palm to my head. " The princess of the night. Go hide and come back when i'm done." She nods. I turn around and make a door.

I open the door and stick my head out calling her.

" LUNA! WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED OUR HELP!" I repeated this about five time before I head this.

" JON! CEASE THY YELLING!!" Dear jebus. That's loud. She comes to the front door with a frustrated look. " What does thou need? We just came back to from fighting nightmares." Noted

" I don't care about that!" She looks at me with anger. " Look I need your help now." Her anger transforms into confusion.

" What is thy problem young one."

" Don't call me that, Anyway there are two thieves at Rarity's house. They beat me up after I tried to stop them. Can you come over and subdue them or something? Like right now?" Her face turns into slight fluster but nods. " Cool, You go and start while I keep them busy." I open the door for her to leave. She trots over in a quick pace but stops right before the opening.

" But what-"

" Shut up and go!" I slam it shut with her outside. " IRIS!" I yell she appears in front of me by landing on the ground. " Neat trick, but can you get me up now?" She nods.

" Close your eyes and wait." I listen and I wait for the next part. " Prepare for pain." What? I black out,

=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-===--==-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=
IRL)



My eyes shoot en from the shot. Did she just hit me? Not the time gotta stop them. I look around to find them. I see the two thieves heading out a window they broke with large bags. The lights are still on, that's nice. I shakily stand up on my legs, my legs collapse from the pain, great. I try again only to fall. I can only stall from here on out.

" HEY DUMBASSES!!" I yell to get their attention. The two of them turn around and ace me with surprised faces. " I know what you two look like, an I have connections to both princesses. When you leave i'll tell them! And then they'll go after you!" Their faces turn into fear. The two have a huddled conversation. I assume t's about what to do with me. #1 then speaks out to me.

" How do we know your not bluffing?"

" You gonna take that chance? You feeling lucky, punk?" I say with a evil smirk. He steps back in fear. #1 goes back to the group of one to discuss what to do.

"You know what your right, I will not take any chances so were going to kill you." My grin falters but I keep it up. He tells #2 to go pick up something heavy. He chose a sewing machine, That might injure me but no kill me.

" Ha! That's what you chose? I can plan a better death in a snap." I mock them to keep stalling. Where is she?

" What would you know? You live in the nicest place in Equestria."

" Can't you tell? I'm not from around here. You obviously done research here, and the sewing machine is not heavy enough to kill me. Nothing here really."

" Well, what would you suggest?" He probably think i'll tell, which I am. By mistake so he'll use that way to kill me. He thinks it's going in his favor. I'm just laying here stalling. Hah.

" Oh I don't know A knife? Choking? Strangling? You know the norm." His face turns into surprise, but he recomposes himself and speaks.

" Out of those three which would you choose?" He probably thinks he's smart right now.

" The knife obviously. It's the most practical too. Just grab and stab you know."

" You right." Oh the sarcasm in his voice. " Where do you think a knife would be around here?"

" The kitchen, duh." I say in mocking tone.

He turns to his partners in crime and has a shot talk. Soon after they both snicker quite loudly and of out of view. Oh dear lord I hope someone comes soon. #2 comes back for a talk.

" Uh hey there."

" Hi." I say back.

" Do you know where the kitchen is?"

" Nope."

" You don't thought you live here?"

" Yeah I moved in today. gotta pay rent and everything."

" Pay rent? Your just a colt you don't have a job."

"Pshhaw, That doesn't mean I can't get a job."

" What do you do then."

" Oh yah you wouldn't believe what I got."

" What you get?"

" Mascot work. got a suit and everything."

" Mascot? What for."

" Library, it's quite simple. Al I have to do is stand outside look cut and sing a jingle."

" A jingle. Can I hear it?"

" Oh yeah give me a minuet. It goes like this: Come inside and take a look, and maybe you will take a book. What you think?"

" It's catchy. It could use work." The other thief comes in with a knife in hoof. He trots over and raises a the knife. but the other one stops him. "what are you doing?"

" Were going to kill him like we planned." Says #1.

" That wasn't in the plans." Says #2

" Doesn't matter, no witnesses."

" This doesn't feel right. Your killing a foal with a job."

" He has a job?"

" He even has a jingle."

" No way, get out of here."

" Yeah he does, it's in his mascot work."

" Mascot? What does he mascot for in this town?"

" Library."

The front door opens with a slam and the princess of the night is revealed.

" HALT CRIMINAL SCUM!" she yells at them. At the sight of this they surrender immediately.

" WE SURRENDER!!" They both yell at the same time sitting on there haunches and hooves in the air.

She walks over and puts them in magic cuffs, neat. Some bat ponies move in taking the two thieves out of the vicinity. Wonder where the bat ponies came from. I'll ask Luna later. Luna walked up to me and kneeled down.

" Jon. Are you alright?" She says in a calm motherly tone.

I'm so close to crying right now, all the killing and me almost dying don't fit well in my heart. I shake my head saying no while looking on the floor. She sees this and drapes a wing over saying this.

" It's alright Jon. it's over."

" Luna."

" Yes?"

"Can you heal me? I don't wanna go to the hospital." She nods her head and her horn glows. I feel the pain disappear but not all of it.

" I have healed most of your injuries. Some aren't healed yet, so take it easy." I smile.

" Thanks Luna. You want to know something funny?" She raised a eyebrow, but nods." Rarity slept through the whole thing."

" That's not very funny Jon."

" Fine, but for now my name isn't Jon."

" Oh what is it?"

" It's Golden Spark. Tell that to Sunshine to." She nods.

" Golden, are you sure your alright."

" Yes I am, Don't worry about it." I say wit a small smile in her direction.

" But you are crying." What I reach my left hoof to my face and see if she's lying. She isn't.

" Huh I guess I am." Tears are flowing now.

" Jon would you like a hug?" I just sit down and nod. Luna comes over and lifts me up with her front hooves and hugs me. I'm openly sobbing now. After a few minuets I stop and she let go. " Do you feel better?"

" Don't tell anyone about this." she has a smirk on her face at the sound of this,

" Oh, what is this? Something wrong with the strong Jon?" Why you mock me?

" Shaadduup." I say with a whining tone hitting her lightly.

"Ok, ok I won't tell anypony, even Tia."

" You know this only happened cause I couldn't go to sleep."

" Is that so? Golden, if you did sleep, you wouldn't have stopped them."

" I guess so. Still the place around here is a mess." I guess they went with plan B.

" We shall go now. Jon are you good?"

" No, i'm not."

"Hmm, why is that?"

" I don't know where my room is."

" Oh, um the couch is over there."

" Hah! Rarity said I wouldn't sleep on the couch. But look at me now." I do a small dance indicating my victory, but it's cut short from a pain spike. I fall over to the ground on this." OWwwww, pain." I'm laying n my side and Luna chuckles at me.
" Shut up Luna. Can you bring me to the couch."

" What's the magic word?"

"*sigh* Please bring me over to the couch, because i'm in too much pain to move over and lie den in a differ place."

" You could of stopped at please you know." She lifts me up in hem magic and places me on the couch.

" Thank you Luna. You do what ever you need to do left. I'm going to sleep." I turn over feeling pain, but it soon goes away. I drift off to sleep.



=-=-=-=-====-=-=-==-=-----=-=-=--=--=--=-==--=-=--=-=-=-
Jon's head)

I wake up in the field once again. Now I really know why Iris sleeps. I try imagining a bed and it surprisingly works, neat. I get on and drift to sleep once again