• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 3,166 Views, 67 Comments

MY HEART IS YOUR THRONE - mariahmaru



Discord is a fish out of water. He loves Fluttershy and he just wants to fit in with other ponies. Fluttershy loves Discord as well but her friends won't understand her feelings. If that wasn't enough, a meddling Queen craves to devour thei

  • ...
4
 67
 3,166

Chapter Eight: Princess Crystal Heart

Chapter Eight: Princess Crystal Heart

Fluttershy was floating in darkness. She felt so weak as the swirls of darkness tossed her gently around like a seashell caught in an ocean wave.

"Wh-where am I?" She asked hearing her voice echo in nothingness, "Where is everypony? Where's Discord?"

A voice whispered into the small pony's ear, "There is beauty in the darkness, in the blackness of the night;
In its velvety embrace you can sense the awesome might,
It covers and protects as a mother's loving arms
If you only but surrender to its soft enticing charms."

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she turned her head, "Who's there!?"

The voice didn't answer it just continued its poem, "There is unity in darkness which the light can pull apart--
With its lines of demarcation it can break a pony's heart.
So let the darkness nurture, let it weave its magic spell
As it softly covers over all the things that light might tell."

"Why are you telling me this? What does it mean? Oh girls, girls help me!" The pony said opening her wings and started flying blindly into the darkness trying to get away from the voice, but no avail.

"There is silence in the darkness, so profound, so rich, so full
That the wonders it engenders soon exert their vital pull.
From this nest-like place of birthing can come forth what life is needing;
One can enter it in joy as life's journey keeps proceeding." The voice continued, "Yes, there's birthing in the darkness as all seedlings search for light; Soon will atoms, neutrons, electrons in the nucleus start their flight.
Then with swirling, twirling action does a genesis begin,
As new life forms rise in glory from dark mother earth's within."

The pegasus squeeled and stopped flying when a pair of glowing emerald eyes appeared in front of her.

"Wh-Who are you!?" She shouted in fright.

"I am your darkness, I am you." Then another Fluttershy appeared with glowing emerald eyes. This Fluttershy was a duller color, her hair was messy and raggedy, and there was a large hole in her chest.

The real Fluttershy shook her head, "No, no you're not me."

"Oh I will be, I will be soon enough, Fluttershy."

*o*o*o*

Fluttershy woke up from her nightmare screaming.

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Are you okay!?" A familiar voice shouted.

The mare looked around and found Discord sitting next to her concerned.

The young pony wrapped her hooves around him and cried, "Oh Discord! I was so scared!"

The mismatched creature was surprised at his friend's embrace. He slowly wrapped his arms around her as she continued to sob.

"It's okay Fluttershy, I'm here. I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again." Discord said.

Just then Princess Luna bursted in, "Fluttershy I am here to aid you of your nightmare!"

"A little too late for that princess, she's already awake." Discord said.

The young pony let go off her embrace of her friend still teary, "Oh Luna, it was awful. This voice was talking to me and there was these green glowing eyes."

The draconequus petted his pony friend's mane with his paw, "It's okay Fluttershy, it's over now."

"Not quite Discord... I'm afraid this want an ordinary nightmare. Please take Fluttershy to the throne room, there is much to discuss." The princess said.

"Where are my friends?" The pegasus asked before gasping, "Where's Rarity?"

"Calm down my little pony, she is well. She is in the throne room with the rest of your friends and Princess Cadence." The alicorn then turned around and headed towards the door, "We have urgent business to attend to, now hurry to the throne room."

Fluttershy nodded as the princess left the room.

"Well you heard Miss. Lulupants," Discord said picking up his friend, "let's go."

The pony blushed, "Um, Discord, I can walk on my own."

"I know you can, but I'll carry you anyway." The draconequus said and carried his blushing friend out of the room.

*o*o*o*

In the throne room worried ponies waited for Luna to come back with Fluttershy.

"Princess Celestia, why won't you tell us what's on your mind?" Twilight asked.

The princess of the sun shook her head at the going princess, "I will explain everything once everypony is here."

"But we need to know about the alicorn lady!" Pinkie shouted, "At least tell us her name!"

"Calm down there Pinkie Pie." Applejack said rubbing her hoof on the pink pony's back.

"I can't calm down, the wait if killing me!" Pinkie said before falling onto her back and rolled around on the floor.

"Pinkie, get up." Rainbow Dash said flying over the earth pony.

"Pinkie please be civil..." Rarity said softly looking at the doorway waiting for her friend Fluttershy.

"Are you okay Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"Just waiting for Fluttershy... I want to see her." The white unicorn said before Princess Luna walked in.

Everypony in the room set their eyes on her.

"Luna, where's Fluttershy?" Cadence asked worried.

"She is with Discord, they should be here shortly." Luna said before walking to her sister and stood next to her.

"Why did Discord get to stay with Fluttershy in her room anyway, especially how crazy he was acting?" The blue pegasus asked.

"Rainbow Dash, I will answer your questions when they get here." Celestia stated making Dash cringe.

"Sister... Please calm down." Luna said.

The white alicorn's eyes widened and she frowned, "I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, I just have a lot on my mind."

Just then Discord walked in the throne room with Fluttershy in his arms.

"Fluttershy!" Rarity exclaimed in tears.

"Rarity!" The yellow pony said in tears also.

She flew out of Discord's arms and hugged her uniform friend and cried, "I'm so happy you're okay."

"Me too!" The unicorn said before the other four members of the mane six join in the hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay Fluttershy." The purple alicorn said.

"We were worried about ya." AJ said.

"I'm just glad that you all are okay." Fluttershy said before asking, "But what happened to Queen Chrysalis?"

The ponies let go of their embrace.

"That's what we were going to ask you." Dash said.

"I will answer your questions now my little ponies." Celestia said taking a few steps forward, "Queen Chrysalis took form of my nephew Blueblood and tricked all of us once again, and my nephew is missing."

"Shining Armor and the other guards are searching for him, but no luck so far." Cadence said.

"But where is Chrysalis?" Fluttershy asked.

"And who is that green Alicorn?" Twilight asked.

The yellow pegasus looked at Twilight confused, "Alicorn?"

"That my dear was princess Crystal Heart." Discord answered hovering over to Cadence, "Crystal Heart was the original princess of love before Cadence here took her job after she suddenly disappeared."

"Wait, what!?" The young princess asked confused, "I never heard of this princess Crystal Heart, she's not in any of my books."

"Well Sombra destroyed all evidence and history of her." The pink alicorn answered.

"I'm even more confused." Applejack said scratching the top of her head.

"Crystal Heart was the original ruler of the Crystal Empire." Luna explained, "But one day she vanished and Sombra took over the empire and dragged it into darkness."

"Then how did Cadence become the princess of love then?" Pinkie asked and stared at Cadence suspiciously, "Or should we even call her Cadence, she could be a spy!"

"No Pinkie Pie, what happened was this..." Cadence said projecting an image of an alicorn with her magic, "Once a princess perishes or goes missing the earth will send an unbalance and will send energy to the land to make another princess to replace the missing magic."

"So the earth chooses who becomes princess or not?" Twilight asked and started to remember the time she became a princess.

"Well that's not the only way, there's actually another way one can become a princess." Celestia said, "But it is forbidden.

" What do you mean by forbidden princess?" Rarity asked curiously.

"She means that it's a big no-no and it is, only crazy alicorns even think of doing that forbidden act." Discord said, "A princess can transfer her princessy powers to an ill or dying pony, but the princess sacrifices their immortality of they do so."

The draconequus then floated over to the mane six, "That's a no-no because nopony knows what will happen if they do so."

"Okay, that's spooky and all but HOW did princess Crystal Heart---" Rainbow said before a maid bursted in.

"Princess Celestia, she's awake!" The maid shouted.

Celestia's eyes widened and she ran out of the room with her sister and princess Cadence following her.

"Come on girls, we should follow them." Princess Twilight said before going after the other the princesses with Pinkie, Rainbow, Rarity, and Fluttershy following after her.

Applejack was about to leave before she noticed Discord just floating around in the room, "Aren't you commin'!?"

Discord said, "She said," then he changed his head into Twilight's, "Come on girls!" Then his head turned to normal, "I'm not a girl."

"This isn't a time for a joke Discord!" AJ said walking towards the door, "Honestly I was hoping you would take this more serious considering what happened earlier."

She then left making Discord confused.

"Hmm, I wonder what did happened earlier?" The draconequus said tapping his chin, "I just remember waking up in Fluutershy's room with Celestia telling me that Crystal is back..."

The make creature's head started to hurt, "Owowow."

He rubbed his head and started to walk towards the door, "Stupid headache, I need some water..."

*o*o*o*

Author's Note:

[~peeks from the doorway~ Hello everypony, how have you all been? ^^' Okay.... I know some of you are angry at me for not updating but there's a reason why I'm not updating fast, and that reason is.... My laptop broke months ago and I've been looking for a job so I could get money to replace it, but no luck. Right now I'm typing this on a notepad app on my tablet which is pretty annoying.... Anywho here's the chapter, please enjoy.]



[I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry for the cliffhanger. The poem I used in Fluttershy's nightmare was 'Ode to the Darkness' by Lois Pedersen.]

Comments ( 7 )

WHY ARE ALL MY FAVORITES UPDATING WHEN THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS!?!?! don't get me wrong I love it, But WHY!

Yaaaaaaaay new update (happydance) but during the beginning of the school year seriously everyone does this

please next chapter

Please update!!!:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment