• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 3,166 Views, 67 Comments

MY HEART IS YOUR THRONE - mariahmaru



Discord is a fish out of water. He loves Fluttershy and he just wants to fit in with other ponies. Fluttershy loves Discord as well but her friends won't understand her feelings. If that wasn't enough, a meddling Queen craves to devour thei

  • ...
4
 67
 3,166

Chapter Four: I'll always protect you

Chapter Four: I'll always protect you

Fluttershy's friends gasped in surprised, they all had a surprised face, but Rarity had a more disgusted face. Prince Discordant, the pony she flirted with was Discord the whole time! Rarity was with rage, confusion, and disgust. "What's going on here!?" Twilight Sparkle asked making Discord chuckle nervously.

"Surprise?" Discord said jokingly, but everypony wasn't amused.

"WHAT!? DISCORD IS RELATED TO PRINCESS CELESTIA!?" Pinkie Pie shouted out of no where, confused.

"No, I'm not. You see what happened was-" Discord said before getting caught off by Rainbow Dash.

"How dare you trick us! You're up to something aren't ya, you big creep!" Rainbow Dash shouted pointing an accusing hoof at him.

"No, please let him explain." Fluttershy said before getting cut off by Rarity.

"How dare you! I actually believed that I met a nice handsome prince, but it turned out to a disgusting thing like you!" Rarity shouted. Discord couldn't take it anymore, no pony wanted to hear him out, he snapped.

"How dare you insult me you wretched thing! I'm Discord! Spirit of chaos! And I refuse to take any verbal abuse from you!" Discord shouted, making the ground rumble. "I tried to be nice to you ponies, but nooooo, you just had to go and insult me! It's ponies like you that drive me CRAZY!" He clenched his teeth and balled up his hands. He was so angry; he could turn back to his evil chaotic ways in an instant. He looked at the frightened ponies, but once he saw Fluttershy his heart sank. The draconequus started to calm down, the ground stopped shaking. "I-I'm sorry… I didn't mean-I was just-"

"Discord!" A familiar voice shouted. Discord and the Mane Six looked up to see an angry Princess Celestia flying towards them, with her sister tagging along behind her. Once the sun and moon princesses landed, Celestia walked angrily towards the non-pony. "What's going on here Discord!? Why are you causing trouble!? You disobeyed my orders, you were supposed to leave!"

"Back off princess, your 'precious' ponies started it!" Discord stated.

"You know that you were supposed to leave at midnight! None of your problems wouldn't happen if you just left!" Celestia stated her hoof.

"Now stop this right now!" Fluttershy shouted in the brink of tears. Everyone looked at Fluttershy surprised because of her outburst. "Stop ganging up on him! It's not fair! He just wanted to spend time with me and all of you are just being mean to him!" Fluttershy stated shutting her eyes, making her tears leak down her face. The Mane Five stood in silence, Fluttershy was right.

"But-But Fluttershy… Why are you defending him?" Rainbow Dash asked confused.

Fluttershy opened her eyes and stared at her friend, "Because he's my friend, and I refuse to just stand here and not defend him… You taught me that." Rainbow Dash's face was filled with guilt.

"Never mind that Fluttershy." Discord said turning his back on the ponies, "I'll just leave." He then started to fly into the night sky.

"No-Discord!" Fluttershy shouted running, she jumped into the air and started to fly after her friend.

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow stated preparing to fly after them, but Princess Luna stopped her.

"I think you all did enough. Let them be." Luna stated. Everypony looked at her and gave her a nod of understanding.

"I think we should leave now." Princess Celestia said leading the Mane Six back to the Gala, but Luna held Twilight back.

"Twilight Sparkle, we need to discuss about something important." Luna said softly.

Twilight looked at the moon princess and said, "Okay."

*o*o*o*

No pony noticed that Prince Blueblood was secretly watching the Mane Six and Discord in the garden. He hid behind bushes and chuckled when everypony left. "Oh my, I never noticed how much negative emotions ponies have, it's so amusing." He said chuckling before his eyes flashed green and became demon-like. Prince Blueblood was actually Queen Crystalis in disguise. "But the lord of chaos and the element of kindness… I can sense their beautiful love between each other. They will serve tasty food for my servants." She chuckled. "I'll let their love simmer before I feast upon it." She blinked her eyes making them like Blueblood's eyes and walked back to the Gala.

*o*o*o*

"Discord! Please stop flying so fast!" Fluttershy said flying as fast as she could through the night sky, trying to catch up with her dearest friend, but he was to far away to hear her shouts.

She whimpered and started to be flustered of how slow she was at flying. "If only I could fly as fast as Rainbow Dash!" She thought as the draconequus started to look smaller and smaller. The yellow pegasus felt her heart skip a beat when Discord practically disappeared. She then took a deep breath, shut her eyes tightly, and started to flap her wings as hard as she could.

She flew as fast as she could blindly. The yellow pegasus imagined that she was as fast as Rainbow Dash. "Discord!" She shouted with all of her might.

*o*o*o*

Discord was concentrating on flying before he heard somepony call his name. It sounded like Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy?" He asked as he turned around, but as he turned around the pegasus crashed into him, making them both fall onto the ground. Discord was on his back while Fluttershy laid on his belly.

"My dear Fluttershy, you really need to warn me next time…" Discord said as he sat up.

"I'm just glad," Fluttershy said before catching her breath, "that I caught up to you." She continued to breath heavily, she wasn't use to flying so much.

Discord frowned, feeling guilty. He started to pet her.

"I'm sorry for losing my temper… and for taking off." He said softly.

Fluttershy looked up at him and frowned, "I should've protected you more."

The draconequus shook his head, "You protected me long enough, I should've defended myself and not lose my temper. It's all my fault…"

"No it's not your fault." Fluttershy said lifting his chin up with her hoof, "I admit things could have gone differently, but it's not your fault."

"Then whose fault was it?" Discord asked as he stared into her pretty eyes.

"No pony's. It was just a misunderstanding." Fluttershy said before she noticed that she was still on Discord's stomach. "O-Oh excuse me!" She said blushing and got off of him.

Discord smiled and said, "I didn't mind."

Fluttershy's blush grew darker.

Discord just laughed and grabbed Fluttershy, embracing her. The little pony was surprised at this sudden gesture, but she relaxed and hugged him back. Her heart always felt warm and fuzzy around the draconequus, but she didn't know why-Love perhaps?

Once they ended their embrace, Discord yawned and stretched, "I'm beat."

"Are you going to go home then?" Fluttershy asked softly.

"Are you kidding? No way that I'm going back to that nagging princess!" Discord stated and laid on his back, "I'm going to stay here."

Fluttershy looked at her friend and then off to the distance. She really didn't want to leave him alone so she laid next to him. Discord's eyes widened when Fluttershy laid next to him.

"Um, Fluttershy? What are you doing?" He asked with a slight blush on his face.

"I'm too tired to fly home; I might as well stay here." She said softly and closed her eyes.

"But I could just teleport you home." He reasoned.

"It's okay." Fluttershy said as she rested her head onto his shoulder. "I'm good."

Discord blushed brightly. He couldn't believe it; Fluttershy had her head on his shoulder! He started to get nervous, he was debating if he should make a move or not. Discord gulp as he curled his tail around her. Fluttershy opened her eyes and looked at Discord.

"It's um… cold? I-I don't want you to um… freeze." Discord said nervously and started to sweat a bit.

Fluttershy smiled and said, "You're right it is cold." Then she snuggled up to him more.

Discord smiled and closed his eyes, "Goodnight Fluttershy."

"Goodnight Discord." Fluttershy said and started to fall into slumber.

Author's Note:

[ Author's Note: Sorry for misspelling Twilight's name, I haven't really noticed. Enjoy. ]