• Published 25th May 2013
  • 615 Views, 8 Comments

The Titanic - Weisted Machine



Rarity sails the titanic, but we all know how it ends. Don't we?

  • ...
 8
 615

Wrong Answer

Like packing, it took hours. And when taking hours, it makes concentration and boredom. And with concentration and boredom, comes a mess of Rarity’s room. Rarity sighed. She was somewhat tired, and her room was a mess with her materials scattered and littered everywhere upon her blue floor. On her bedspread laid the dress her mother wished for her to put on. Taking a break from the unpacking, she stood up and put the dress around her. Pink linings fell across her flank, and it just covered her cutie mark. To hold the dress up, a sapphire gem held two pieces of fabric together.

’Not to be too vain .. But this dress looks stunning on me!’ Rarity thought in amazement to herself as she posed in different ways. Suddenly, she had the urge to wander around The Titanic once more, except looking better than she had before. Glancing back to the mess on her floor, she sighed. She would get back to it later. Instead, she has a ship to wander around! The unicorn picked up a golden key that laid on her counter with a levitation spell, and she walked out of her room, shutting and locking the door behind her.

As the elevator carried her back up to the main floor, Filthy Rich greeted her once more as she stepped out of the elevator.

“Miss Rarity. I know this may be soon but I assure you at all costs I’m a good stallion at heart. I’ve known your mother for ages and when I first laid my eyes on you .. I knew I had to be with you. So” Filthy Rich confessed, smiling the slightest as he gazed into her blue eyes.

Ribbon Wishes stood behind Filthy Rich, staring at Rarity intently. It was that pressure look from her mother that made her give out her choice, but instantly regretting it right after.

“Miss Rarity, will you marry me?” Filthy Rich asked, kneeling before the taken aback mare. She of course didn’t expect it, and she hadn’t planned on saying yes, but with her mothers glare, she had to.

“Yes Filthy Rich. I do” The white pony said softly.

Ponies around the room watching the married couple clapped their hooves at the sweet sight. Rarity smiled at the crowd, but they didn’t know that the two never dated before, let alone just met that night

“I-I have to go. I ..” Rarity paused, thinking of an excuse. Normally she liked the attention, but being with Filthy Rich was just too awkward.

“I have to go get fresh air! Yes that’s it” Rarity announced sheepishly, quickly exiting to a pair of doors nearby.

“Huh. That mares acting funny. It’s bothering me a little” Filthy Rich said as Rarity trotted out to one part of the deck. The other ponies and Ribbon Wishes couldn’t help but nod their agreement.
Rarity dashed out passed the dock of the deck, galloping past ponies that were watching her, wondering what was wrong. As she proceeded to the edge of the ship, she halted to a stop as she neared the very end of the Titanic. She looked over the edge of the large ship and observed the deep blue waves crashing against the edge of the ship. Rarity felt a sickening feeling rise in her belly as the white foam of the ocean washed up against the over sized ship.

Well, there’s one escape’ one voice in her mind spoke as she watched the waves roll in. She jumped back in shock as the thought came to mind. But the voice had a point. Her mother was forcing her to an engagement with a stallion she didn’t know, she had to leave her best friends behind, Sweetiebelle was back at Ponyville, what else could go wrong?

Rarity swallowed and peered over the edge again. Hesitantly, she climbed up onto the railing, and over the edge. She was just barely on the ship now. Her fore-hooves still hanging onto the rail, and her hind hooves just the slightest on the dock is what kept her from falling into the ocean below.

’Just … One … Jump’ The words seemed to give her couragement, but she couldn’t bring herself to do such an act.

’Well, I should get this over with The unicorn mused to herself as she sighed.

’I’ll just count from 10 … 9 … 8 .. 7 … 6 … 5 …. 4 …. 3 …. 2 …’

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice.

“Don’t do it!”

The white unicorn turned around to see a familiar face. She recognized it from somewhere, but she couldn’t place a hoof on it. Oh. Right. He was the stallion who was looking at her earlier that evening.

“If you jump in there, you’re going to make me jump in there after you and rescue you” The stallion said, trotting up to her.

Rarity opened her mouth to reply, to be cut off again by the stallion.

“Which is really cold, and both of us will end up dying” He added, adding a small smile.

“Well why would you do such foolish act then?” The mare questioned.


“To save you. I thought that would be obvious by now” The stallion said.

“How cold is the water?” Rarity asked, glancing over the edge again.

“Too cold to swim in. Once you get in, the feeling of pain overtakes your mind and that’s ALL you can think about” The other pony said, waving his hoof.

“So, what do you say, come on back behind the rails?” He asked, holding out his hoof to Rarity’s.

The mare glared at the stallion.

“No. I’m going to jump” She said impatiently.

“Then why haven’t you yet?” The other pony asked, staring at Rarity for a valid response.

“Because you’re distracting me” Rarity replied.

“Well, I’m just saying but you would’ve jumped by now”

“You’re a crazy stallion, you know that?” Rarity snapped, before looking out to the ocean before her.

The stallion smirked.

“Not trying to be rude and all miss, but I’m not the one hanging over the edge of a boat you know”

Rarity was about to raise a hoof to face-hoof herself, but she was quickly reminded that her life was on the edge here.

“Go away so I can jump” Rarity felt annoyance prick into her voice. What right did this stallion have to tell her what to do?

“Then you’re going to make me jump, too” He sighed, as he took off his jacket and threw it onto the ground.

Rarity sighed in defeat. She didn’t want this pony to jump with her.

“So you’re coming out? I’m Jack, by the way” He stated, holding out his hoof.

“I’m Rarity” Rarity said, and took his hoof. Jack proceeded to lift her over the railings, she felt herself slip.

The fashionista gasped as she felt her hind legs slip, and the surface beneath her hooves disappear.

“HELP!” Rarity screamed, as she dangled over the edge. Jack was quick to react. He took his spare hoof and hauled her over the railing, but with the extra weight they went toppling onto the deck.

“What’s going on here!?” A new voice erupted, the two ponies looked up to see some of the guards.

“You get off the mare this instant!” One of the guards snarled, hauling the male unicorn off the mare.

“What do you think you’re doing, assaulting her like that?” The other guard forcefully put hoof-cuffs around Jacks hooves, who looked down weakly.

“What was this filth doing with my feyonce?” Filthy Rich’s voice said threateningly from a few meters away.

“Stop! Don’t be mad! He saved my life!” Rarity cried at the guards, and Filthy Rich. The three ponies looked at her for an explanation.

“Well you see, I was … I was standing and leaning over the edge when … Too see the … The um … The ..” Rarity began sheepishly.

“To see the propellers?” One of the guards asked, tilting his head.

“Yes! To see the propellers … Then I .. Then I slipped! And then Jack here, saved my life” Rarity finished with a confident smile. But she didn’t’ feel confident inside.

“Is this true?” One guard asked, eyeing Jack suspiciously.

Jack nodded.

“Well then the colt is a life saver!” The guard fumbled with Jacks hoof cuffs before the came off completely.

“I know it, machinery and mares don’t mix” The other guard said, shaking his head disapprovingly.

“Come on Rarity, let’s get you inside. You must be cold” Filthy Rich said, beckoning Rarity to his side. Rarity trotted over, and as soon as the couple began to trot away, one of the guards spoke up.

“Um, a little something for the boy?” He asked. Filthy Rich turned around.

“Oh .. Right. 20 should do it” Filthy Rich said, handing over 20 bits to the third-class stallion.

“Maybe a little more? After all, he did save the mare you love” Rarity added, smiling a small smile.

Filthy Rich stiffened, then spoke hesitantly.

“Would you like to join us for dinner, then?” Filthy Riche’s voice turned curt and cold.

But Jack was oblivious.

“Of course!” He said excitedly.

“Meet us tomorrow in the upper dining room at 6 sharp” Filthy Rich said, before turning around with Rarity along with him.

Author's Note:

Sorrryyy I made this chapter kind of short, but progress for the story is slow. I can barely get on my computer and typing on an Android SUCKS!

Comments ( 2 )

hey pretty good I liked it this will be a very good story, I hope you make many more chapters and never give up, also, check out my story "A friend to the end" if you ever get a chance, and if you do please review and let me know how it is, and also please favorite if you liked it tell me what you thought, and again, good story...

3019532 Aw thanks, but I'm putting this on hiatus. I'm currently working on a bigger, better story. (https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=9424039&chapter=1) But I guess I could try to finish this story, if i find the inspiration.

Login or register to comment