• Published 25th May 2013
  • 616 Views, 8 Comments

The Titanic - Weisted Machine



Rarity sails the titanic, but we all know how it ends. Don't we?

  • ...
 8
 616

Sailing and Goodbyes

“RARITY RARITY WAKE UP WAKE UP!” Pinkie screamed into the white mares ear as she jumped up.

“What is it!?” Rarity asked.

“WE’RE HEEERE!” Pinkie screamed once again.

Rarity opened the door of the carriage, and exited with Pinkie and Twilight exiting shortly behind her.

“Oh my Celestia!” Raritys mouth gaped in astonishment. The Titanic surely was the largest ship Rarity has ever seen, and it surely looks like it can be the largest in Equestria. Pegasi swarmed the air around the ship, and the ship took up most of Raritys gaze, which captivated her most efficiently.
“Oh. My. GOSH! That IS THE MOST BIGGEST, HUGEST, GINORMOUS SHIP EVER!” Pinkie Pie screamed, with her jaw dropping to the ground.

Twilight hopped out of the carriage shortly after Pinkie.

“Holy cow!” Twilight examined the ship thoroughly.

“And I’m gonna be on that” Rarity stated, barely concentrating on levitating her bags out of the carriage.

“And here’s your third luggage, Miss Rarity” Spike announced, sitting the third bag at the astounded ponies hooves.

Spike looked up.

The young dragons mouth dropped to the floor.

“And that’s one bigg … ship” Spike fell to the ground, unconscious.

“I .. I think he’s intimidated by the height of this thing” Twilight said, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof. Pinkie Pie and Rarity nodded their agreement.

“FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS! I AM NOW PROUDLY GOING TO CALL FOR ANY MARES OR COLTS WITH A FIRST CLASS TICKET! PLEASE COME TO THE DOCK IMMIDEIDTLY!” A powerful, rich voice rang out in the clearing.

“Oooh that’s me!” Rarity called giddily. The unicorn turned around to her three friends behind her. Applejack soon joined in the crowed, followed by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

“I’m going to miss you girls dearly” Rarity said, looking back at the five.

“We all are going to miss you, too Rarity” They said at the same time.

“ALL FIRST CLASS TICKETS! PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE BOARDING DOCK!” The voice rang out again.

“Well, this is it” Rarity sighed.

“WAAAAAAAAAH!” The pink mare cried out as Rarity took steps towards the large ship ahead.

Rarity turned back to look at her friends, but the crowds of ponies already started pushing her away from her sad friend. Rarity felt like crying herself. The six went through everything together, stopping Nightmare Moon, returning harmony to Equestria, stopping Discord from chaos, and even helped Shining Armor and Princess Cadences wedding from Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army. With her being the element of generosity, Dash as the element of loyalty, Fluttershy as kindness, Pinkie as laughter, Applejack as honesty, and Twilight as the element of the magic of friendship, they were all naturally drawn together with a strong, everlasting bond.

“Pinkie!? Pinkie Pie!?” Rarity called from the swarming crowd around her.

“LAST CALL FOR THE FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS!” Raritys ears perked up at this. She gathered her bags, and dashed along the paved road avoiding ponies along the way.

’Must … Get there … NOOW!’ Was the only thought on her mind in that moment.

She raced up the wooden ramp leading into the ship.

“May I see your ticket, Ma’am?” A stallion dressed in a formal uniform with a matching hat looked at her, through his yellow eyes.

“My ticket? Oh .. yes yes of course” Rarity reached into one of her luggages in hopes of finding the golden ticket- her way into the ship.

Her hoof fell upon something paper-like. Her eyes instantly lit up

’Aha!’ Rarity drew it out.

“Here it is” Rarity handed over the golden ticket.

“I see … You may now board the Titanic! Please meet in the main hall, just down there. Your room is Upper Floor 1, room 3” The Ticketmaster said proudly, as he pointed a hoof down a long, pleasant looking hallway.

“Thank you” Rarity smiled, and trotted through the hallway before her.

’Ooh boy, this is sure fancier than I expected’ Rarity thought to herself, examining her surroundings again. On the ceilings, a golden boarder lined them up in a unique design. The floor was made of a red carpet, with yellow strips through it that seemed to resemble Celestia, the sun Goddess.
Rarity stopped in a room. Ponies of all kinds were gathered in the room, and in the corner, Raritys sapphire eyes fell upon her mother.

--

“Mom!?” Rarity called.

“Rarity darling! I haven’t seen you in SOOO long!” Raritys mother dashed over to her, and embraced her in a hug.

“It sure has been awhile” Rarity responded, not really sure how else to.

“How’s Sweetie Belle? Do you have a Coltfriend? A husband? I hope not” Her mother nagged at the unicorn relentlessly.

“I .. Um .. Am still single .. Why?” Rarity asked, laughing a slight in shock of her mothers outburst.

“Well I found the perfect husband for you! You’re going to love him!” Ribbon Wishes, Raritys mother exclaimed. At the same time, a brown stallion trotted over.

“Hello, lovely” He said, taking her white hoof in his brown one and kissed it gently, without breaking eye contact with Rarity.

“Um, hi” Rarity smiled politely.

“My name is Filthy Rich. May I ask for yours, sweet heart?” Filthy Rich asked, putting her hoof back onto the soft carpet under-hoof.

“My name is Rarity. I’m quite pleased to meet you” Rarity said, closing her eyes and smiling.

“Miss Rarity .. What a fine, fine name you have there” Filthy Rich said happily.

“Isn’t he just adorable? He’s perfect!” Ribbon Wishes mouthed to Rarity, who rolled her eyes in annoyance. Sure, Filthy Rich made a good first impression, but that doesn’t mean she wants to marry some colt she met on the ship because her mother told her to.

“Well, if you excuse me, I’m heading off to the deck. I will see you later, Filthy Rich. You too, mom” Rarity excused herself, put her bags on the ground gently, and walked over to a deck to her left. She opened the doors, to the outside. A gentle breeze caressed through Rarity’s mane. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the soft wind for a sec, before reopening her eyes. She pulled out the letter Sweetie Belle had given her earlier. She unfolded it without haste.

Dear Rarity,

I want you to know you’re the best sister a little sister can ask for. You’ve helped me through many things, taught me the art of the dress, and in fact, I think you might have been doing a better job at raising me than mom had ever! But, I never thought I would see the day you depart, and this breaks my heart dearly. But alas, we can still write to each other! Can’t we? Yes we can! But still, it won’t be the same in the boutique without you. I never thought I’d see the day when you departed from home, and it would be just me. But it’s that day now, and I have to accept it. This is your life, after all. But thank you. Thank you for being the best sister in the world! I’ll love you forever!

With lots of love,

Sweetie Belle

Rarity folded the letter and blankly looked up. The longing for her sister smacked her like a brick, and if that’s what her sister really felt about her, then she must’ve adored her. A lot.

“THE TITANIC WILL NOW PROCEED TO LEAVE THE DOCK!” The voice rang for the last time in the clearing. Ponies of all race were now screaming with joy. The earth and unicorn ponies, stood at the safety rail keeping them back from falling into the deep blue waters below. They waved their hats, waved hoofs as they continued to shout their goodbyes.

“Hey. Rarity” Rarity looked up. Rainbow Dash was hovering in the air just above her.

“Dashie what are you doing!?” Rarity asked, questioning the Pegasi’s behavior.

“Just saying goodbye” Rainbow said, hugging Rarity.

Rarity opened her mouth to speak, but closed it when Rainbow flew off without another word. Rarity watched the cyan Pegasus fly off, before she returned to her business.

BEEEEEP The Titanic let out a siren before Rarity was jerked off her hooves.

“Waah!” Rarity fell over and hit the floor of the ship as it began to slowly move across the waters. She got up instantly, brushed herself and treated it as if nothing had just happened. Swallowing, she galloped over to an empty spot at the safety rails.

“BYEEE!” She cried, waving a white hoof at the crowd. Maybe her friends saw her. Hopefully.
As the dock left her view, she started towards the door leading to the inside of the ship.

“Rarity come here!” Ribbon Wishes called, waving a hoof.

Rarity trudged over, unwillingly. She wanted to go explorer and find her room.

“Put this dress on! I don’t want you walking around naked like a second-class pony” Ribbon Wishes said sternly into Rarity’s ear, putting a pink, smooth dress in hoof.

“Okay, okay” Rarity pulled away to find somewhere to put on the dress.

’Maybe in my room’ Rarity thought to herself, gathering her bags. She waled to the other end of the hall to see a beautiful elevator. The doors were a gleaming silver, and the same gold pattern from the floor was like a gate separating her from the elevator. With a spare hoof, she pressed the glowing yellow button.

Instantly, both doors parted and Rarity walked inside. Mirrors hung on each wall of the room, and each button seemed to be cloned to the one she had pressed on the outside.

As the elevator proceeded up, she smiled to herself. This is going good so far. The elevator stopped as she reached her floor. The doors opened wide for Rarity to step out, and closed with a ‘click’ behind her.

Room three … Room three’ Rarity thought to herself over and over as she examined the bold number on each room door. At last, she came upon her room. Rarity opened the door, which opened with a click as she entered the room. The white pony gasped in wonder at her room.

A king sized bed with fluffy white sheets covered her bed, large windows hung at the far side of the room, and a polished dresser stood facing away from her bed. The floor was made of a baby blue carpet, and the walls were a pearl white. With a few touches, she can make this room at home. Almost at once she began unpacking her supplies.