• Published 11th May 2013
  • 1,331 Views, 33 Comments

Grey Little Pony - Dusty Miller



The stray wants to belong, he wants to stay. The Nightmare invites him to play. He has never won a game. Much to his shame. If he rejects fame, who will remember his name. To her, he is merely, the prey. To him, her affection, is an obligation he ...

  • ...
6
 33
 1,331

On A Hot Summer's Knight

Meatloaf is a Dish Best Served with Ketchup

The curtain had fallen on another Great Grand Canterlot fashion show. Months of preparation and worry had dissolved in a matter of hours and meters of fabric. Organizers congratulated each other. Models, seamstresses and dressers packed away all the equipment for next time. The after party consisted of fizzy drinks and conversation in the wardrobe room. Fluttershy and some designers and models were hold up at a high table in the corner. A tall lean grey earth stallion in a black uniform with navy blue piping, pushed his chest against an unoccupied chair, scraping it out of his way. Some ponies were startled at his rudeness. Other mares who wanted to catch this well-dressed soldier’s eye, saw that his eyes were locked on Fluttershy and knew where this was going. Whenever Fluttershy sat with a group of girls, all would-be suitors focused on her. Those closest to Fluttershy expected her to pull away from this brazen stallion. Some fashion ponies admired his formal Nehru collar and crisp tunic devoid of flaws and military decorations. All stitching was expertly hidden.

He asked,
“On a hot summer’s night,
Would you offer your throat to the Everfree wolf with the red roses?”[1]

The group gasped. One mare moved to block and defend Fluttershy from the intruder with violence on his breath. Fluttershy pulled her lemonade close, sipping the straw without lifting the glass. Her face blocked by her light greyish rose mane.
Just above a butterfly’s whisper, Fluttershy asked, “I’m sorry, but will he offer me his mouth?”

All eyes rolled to Fluttershy.

“Yes.” answered the guard pony.

“Will he offer me his teeth?” The audience’s mouths hung open with her question.

“Yes.” He repeated flatly.

“Will he offer me his jaws?”

“Yes.”

“Will he offer me his hunger?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you,” Fluttershy raised her head revealing her cyan eyes targeting the warrior. “Again, will he offer me his hunger?”

He raised his chin and rolled back his shoulders. “Yes!” Was snapped as if he had answered a command.

“And will he starve without me?”

“Yes!” He pleaded.

“And does he love me?” She sighed.

“Yes,” He whimpered as his knees buckled.

“Yes?” Fluttershy repeated, sounding like a soft question.

He continued the discourse.
“On a hot summer’s night,
Would you offer your throat to the Everfree wolf with the red roses?”

Fluttershy exhaled, “Yes.”

The Royal Guard had his confidence back, “I bet you…”

Fluttershy intercepted the attack and turned the clash back to her favour. She stomped her hoof on the tabletop, making a barely audible tap. “I bet you guard ponies say that to all the fillies.”

The warrior was swept off balance. He stuttered, “I-I have only ever said it to the most beautiful, intoxicatingly intelligent, kindest mare that has ever existed.”

“I’m sorry,” she waved a dismissive hoof, “and those princesses you soldier boys are so obsessed with?”

“The boss? It took the combined power of the Princess Goddesses themselves to bring this undeserving sole into the presence of beauty herself. It has always been you. It will always be you.”

He sang, “♫You were licking your lips and your lipstick shining in the moonlight I was dying just to ask for a taste. Oh and I swear it’s true, I was just about to say I love you and then you took the words right out of my mouth. ♫”

Fluttershy finally smiled. She stood up, placed her fore-hooves on the table, leaned forward and sang the retort, “♫Oh, it must have been while you were kissing me♫.

I’m sorry ladies, but I must take this poor excuse for a guard pony home and give him a lesson in manners. You, colt. Owe me dinner and a dance, then perhaps I may allow you to survive the night. I’m sorry, what are you waiting for?” Fluttershy tossed her saddlebag over her back. “If you’re not holding that door open for me by the time I get there, I will carry you home as a kitty carries her kitten.”

Rarity set her glass of wine on the table of awe-struck ladies. “So, did you all enjoy that Everfree Forest mating dance? Do you believe that was out of character for our dear Fluttershy? In case you didn’t notice, Fluttershy won that match. Dears, when you’re in a stable and safe relationship, you can let yourself go and be yourself or somepony completely opposite of your true self and play a role. Don’t be alarmed ladies, they’ve been secretly wed for some time now. It’s best for both their careers to keep it desecrate. * Although, the way those two have been playing their little pony game in public lately, I imagine it’s only a matter of time before they are exposed. Unless, I suppose, that twosome is adoring the gossip they create and are in fact, playing pony games with us.”

Prim Hemline touched her fetlock to her forehead, swooned and fainted.


An alternate ending (non-PG rated):

* I created that lovely tunic for the groomsmen myself. I only hope that Fluttershy doesn’t bruise it as much as her husband will be bruised come Monday morning.”

Prim Hemline touched her fetlock to her forehead, swooned and fainted.


Dusty Miller


[1] Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Jim Steinman
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) lyrics © Carlin America Inc
Artist: Meat Loaf
Album: Bat Out of Hell
Released: 1977
Recorded: 1976
B-side: "For Crying Out Loud"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment