• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,013 Views, 51 Comments

My Little Ridley - ShyHeart



Ridley, the dreaded leader of the Space Pirates, was finally put rest after his battle with Samus Aran, on planet Zebes, but after being cloned on the B.O.T.T.L.E ship, a reject clone was sent in a pod to a far off planet, Equestria.

  • ...
19
 51
 2,013

Chapter 2- The Huntress arrives

Above planet Equis/Terra

"Adam, have you found the creatures location?"

"I have, it appears to be in a group with 5 others."

"So it has not attacked anyone?"

"No, they all appear to be standing still according to the sensors."

"I guess the data reports were right, It is nice after all, but still, I need to locate it, and examine it."

"Samus, Incoming transmission from Weavel, do you wish to receive?"

"Yeah, go ahead."Odd, I haven't heard from Weavel since the Gorea incident.

Samus, long time no see. I was just hired by Admiral Dane of the GF to accompany you on your mission to find the Ridley clone. I'm bringing a few friends, as well as some troops with me. I am currently headed towards your ship, so don't head out till we meet up. See ya' later,

Weavel.

"Ugh...just great, now I have to work with space pirates...Adam, respond to Weavel explaining that the inhabitants of this planet are not hostile, and to equip everyone with a scan visor. ASAP."

"Yes, lady."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Royal Throne Room...

"Twilight, what brings you to this part of the castle?" Celestia asked, even though she knew exactly why she was here.

"Hello Twilight." Luna said, boasting a rather bored expression, since she woke up not too long ago.

"Princess, Spike found this creature on the outskirts of Ponyville, we were wondering if you knew anything about it?" Twilight asked, and proceeded to levitate the creature towards the sun pattern in the center of the room.

"Hmm...I don't know." The princess said quite bluntly. She levitated the creature towards her, and checked his teeth."Whatever he is, he's omnivorous. Has he eaten anything since you found him?"

"I haven't eaten anything yet." Ridley meeped, and his stomach rumbled awkwardly. Causing everypony's head to turn towards him.

"Well little one, I didn't know you could speak! If I may ask, what do you eat?" Celestia inquired.

"The people who used to take care of me said I required a bunch of Protein and Zinc. Have anything with lots of that stuff?" Ridley asked, hoping she's give him something tasty, as he could not really hunt on his own for now.

"Hmm..Protein and Zinc...I do believe that Invisiberries and the Manticore would be a good source. I will tell my chefs to prepare some for you."Celestia said, leaving her to ponder whether or not feeding him so much so soon would be a good idea. But she decided not to worry about it, and rang the dinner bell.Three ponies then came, all with silver platters as their cutie mark.

"Yes, princesses?" All three said simultaneously. Leaving Spike and Shy Heart speechless, as well as Ridley.

"Chefs, Please prepare some Manitcore and Invisiberries, we have a very important guest today."

"Yes princess!" They said, zooming away faster than anypony could thought a pony could, rivaling even Rainbow Dash in speed.

About 5 minutes later, the chef ponies came back, all carrying at least 3 plates each, The unicorn was carrying the largest plate, which had a roast Manticore on it. The other plates contained various side-dishes, as well as a bowl of the finest quality Crystal Invisiberries. They were all set down in front of Ridley, who was about to explode from excitement from this gigantic feast.

"If I eat all of this at once, I might have too much energy, causing me to molt...better hold off..." Ridley muttered quietly..so nopony could hear him. "Thank you for all the food."

"It's no problem, Oh...I almost forgot, what's your name little guy?" Celestia asked, curious to see whether or not he has a name.

"Ridley."

"Oh my, what a unique name...You are just full of surprises, aren't you?" Celestia giggled, a bit too much, causing some of the Guards to stare.

By this time, Ridley decided that he had enough food, for he worried that eating such a ferocious creature ( Or, at least he presumed was a predator.) would cause him to molt from It's sheer amount of nutrients. Celestia had told everyone that they should get some sleep, and they would arrange a place to stay for Ridley to stay.

After everypony went to bed, Ridley decided that it would be a good Idea to explore a bit, he had heard Celestia tell everypony to be kind to him, so he had no fear of being caught. As he was walking through the Royal hallway, however, something caught his eye, A blue Alicorn was sitting on the balcony, staring at a bright speck in the night sky. She then spoke up, now aware she was not alone.

"Tell me, Ridley, do you see the bright object right there?" Luna said as she pointed to an open part of the sky,except for one bright object, which was getting closer.

"Yes. It appears to be a ship."

"I was afraid of that..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Incoming transmission from Weavel."

"Open video feed Adam."

"Hey Samus, what's up? I got the scan visors, along with some other supplies. I even managed to pick up a wandering Luminoth on the way here, cool huh? He said his name was U-mos, said he knew ya'."

"U-mos!? Really? I didn't expect him to be wandering in space.." She pondered what to say next, but decided to go against idle chit-chat." Come on, let's head down, just follow me."

The two ships headed towards the nearby planet, whose atmosphere gave no resistance whatsoever, allowing for a smooth descent onto the surface. What they saw was shocking to the two bounty hunters, a land full of energetic creatures, all conversing with each other in complete harmony. Not even the skittish of creatures were hiding... and all of the inhabitants were completely unfazed by the two ships landing down by the forest.

"This is gonna be one hell of a research mission."

Author's Note:

The ideas, they zoomed in my head alot in this chapter.

Not really sure why I included Weavel, I guess because he's cool. ._.
I think this chapter was a decent improvement on the last, introducing some character build-up for Ridley, and some more detailed Samus sections.

Tell me what I should do with Weavel, cuz I ain't got a clue what to do with the guy, honestly. (This takes place directly after Metroid Fusion, by the way.)