• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,013 Views, 51 Comments

My Little Ridley - ShyHeart



Ridley, the dreaded leader of the Space Pirates, was finally put rest after his battle with Samus Aran, on planet Zebes, but after being cloned on the B.O.T.T.L.E ship, a reject clone was sent in a pod to a far off planet, Equestria.

  • ...
19
 51
 2,013

Chapter 1- My Little Birdy

"S...Sp...Spike.....W..What is that?"

"I..I don't know!...I think It's some sort of bird, whatever it is...It isn't attacking us."

Spike and Shy Heart slowly crept towards it, cautiously. Shy Heart broke the silence,

"Hey there little guy, I'm Shy Heart, what's yours?"

"....Ridley." The creature said in a gruff, yet seemingly light tone.

"Ridley? That's an odd name, mind if I call you 'Birdy'?" Shy asked, almost sounding more like a command then a request.

"Shy? Can we trust this little guy? He doesn't look like anything I've seen in my research about avians.." Spike questioned, looking rather worried, considering that this was a new species, obviously.

"Yeah, my magic tells me that he has no malice towards us, in-fact, he seems almost benevolent!...I wonder....is it possible, that his species might be just as intelligent?"Shy enthusiastically suggested, but was quickly interrupted by Ridley.

"The rest of my kind are very evil things. I was sent here because I was too kind, Speaking of which, where am I?"

The two were taken aback by the bluntness of what the creature just said, but decided against saying anything about it.

"You're in..Equestria, on planet Equis. Where...are you from?" Spike sputtered, not sure whether or not they could trust this fellow, considering how he told them his kind is evil, and all that jazz.

"Spike, we have time for that later.. don't you think we should tell Princess Twilight about this? I'm sure she could find something about him in the Castle library." Shy , sounding almost as nervous as Spike is.

"You're right...that would probably be the best thing to do, Mo- er...Twilight should know what he is." Spike muttered quietly, being sure Shy Heart didn't hear the last part.

The three then set off, but not before Shy Heart levitated Ridley onto his back, and securing him to a saddle. After making sure the hold was secure, Shy Heart began casting a teleportation spell that would take them to the front of the castle library, where Twilight was. sure enough, studying on her free time as a princess. As soon as they appeared, Twilight slammed her book shut,(Not before marking her page first...) and ran over to greet them, but they also noticed that a navy-blue pegasus was with her as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boys! I'm so glad to see you both! You haven't visited in SO long!" Twilight said with glee and a giant bear-hug.(Or would that be a horse hug?)"Oh, I almost forgot, Spike...you remember Thunderblur right? He's come to stay at the castle for a few days,I though maybe you could---" She was cut off by Spike before she could finish.

"Twilight, there's more important things right now...look." Spike pointed towards the bag on Shy Heart's back, which contained a very fuzzy, white creature.

"Spike...what is that thing! It looks like a bird...but it sort of looks like a dragon, too!" Twilight was astounded by this creature, who seemed to belong to three different animal types.Twilight rushed over to the nearest bestiary, looking under Birds first, then dragons, and finally to Draconequus."Huh?! I can't find anything, ANYWHERE!" She said, panting at the fact that she could not even find the slightest bit of information about the white fuzzball.

"If it's any help,my scientific name for my species is Ridlenious Xenophon...Ridlen is what we're called from where I came from." Ridley explained in an extremely scientific manner, causing everypony's jaw to hang at the sheer intelligence of the creature.

"Oh wow! I didn't know you could talk!" Twilight exclaimed, giddily jumping up and down at the fact that a sentient creature that could speak Equine is here, and it's undiscovered!"Say, Ridley, was it? Where is it that you're from? Spike tells me that you came down in a capsule."

"I don't have a home planet, I was born on a space station, it's in the 4th space intersection in the Horse-Head nebula: 2nd quadrant. I wouldn't go there If I were you..the people there...aren't exactly friendly per-say..."

"Is that why you were sent here?" The mare asked, sounding rather somber from hearing that this poor little guy doesn't have a home.

"Yeah, they said I was too kind, something that is not accepted among my people." Ridley said, as a slow frown started to develop on his small beak, ears drooping slightly.



"Oh, you poor thing! OH, I know! How about I see if I can get Princess Celestia to get you a citizen's pass! That way you can live in Ponyville! Spike, do you think you can take him in?" Twilight ecstatically asked, knowing the answer before he even said it.

"Yeah... I guess so. Sweetie Belle probably will adore the little guy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, near the B.O.T.T.L.E ship crash site.

"Adam,where did the survivor land?"

"It was on a course for Equis, a planet who's primary species are various Equine creatures. It seems like they are sentient, and are rather peaceful."

"Good, set course for Equis."

"Yes, lady."

Author's Note:

Oh dear Celestia, Ideas are hard to think of.

If you can think of any ways too improve wordings of certain lines, let me know.
Also, I want this to be updated with the Ideas from readers.

Like....should Ridley molt soon? Or...should Samus not trust the reject? Should the Pirates come? Galactic Federation?

Anyhoo, tell me any errors, I'll correct them, and some advice is welcome.

Comments that are hate/and or rants about "How bad this story is" will be deleted.