• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 2,775 Views, 276 Comments

Living Mark of Courage - Moowell



Part 2: Epona has obtained the Element of Honesty, but the other Elements of Harmony are still hidden across the world. With the nations on guard, her greatest trials are still to come.

  • ...
7
 276
 2,775

Moon's Message

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that there is a rogue pony on the loose. Said pony attacked the Diamond Dog outpost in Equestria and defeated it's champion, Cerberus. Upon the victory, the attacker absconded with the Element of Honesty, an international treasure as you well know. The exact identity and whereabouts of this pony are unknown; however, an internal investigation has produced a list of possible suspects, as follows:

*****

Mirrors was on the train to Canterlot when Empress Moon's image appeared before her. "Greetings, Agent."

*****

Mirror Child: Earth Pony Filly
Age: 13
Last Known Location: Ponyville, Equestria
Area of Expertise: Tracking, Close Quarters Combat
Physical Description: Grey fur, Orange mane/tail, Red eyes, Single tooth protruding from mouth
Cutie Mark: Cyan spiral surrounded by 90* angles
Alternate Form: Wolf
Physical Description: Black fur, White stripe on underbelly and hind legs, Orange mane down the back, Blue eyes

Despite her age, she is an experienced hunter and has taken down over two dozen marks. She uses a blend of wit and charm to win over people's hearts until she confirms her mark. She is capable of waiting for months at a time for the opportune moment to strike, at which point she assumes her wolf form and kills them. She is known to enjoy toying with the mark before making the kill.

Her senses are highly attuned in both forms, especially smell and hearing. On several occasions, would be ambushers have found themselves the ambushed due to this. As a wolf, her senses are enhanced even more, as well as her physical strength, speed, and stamina. She is capable of controlling her mane as a weapon, preferring to use it as a claw for catching, holding, throwing, or punching.

*****

A Pegasus deep in Gryphona stopped his work and looked up at his ruler. "You have been selected to undergo what may prove to be the single most dangerous mission of your career."

*****

Tortoise: Pegasus Draft Stallion
Age: 40
Last Known Location: Cloudsdale, Gryphona
Area of Expertise: Smithing, Aerial/Weapons Combat
Physical Description: Burnt orange fur, Brown mane/tail, Yellow eyes
Cutie Mark: Hammer crossing shield
Alternate Form: None
Physical Description: N/A

He can tell the quality of most things at a glance, whether it be metals or people. He uses this ability primarily for smithing armor and weapons, gathering his own materials and forging them into some of the best equipment currently on the market. He also uses this ability to know a person's intentions and to tell friend from foe without prior interaction.

When not smithing, he is either searching for materials or training with his weaponry, typically in full armor. He takes to the skies to maximize his efficiency during combat, preferring the enhance mobility of the air. His weapon of choice is the Zweihänder. He has also been known to use a broadsword and shield. His last known set of armor consisted of a silk-lined leather suit covered by steel plating.

*****

The most dangerous mission of my career, eh? Could be a good story to tell my colt back home. "Just a few short weeks ago, somepony attacked the ADDC outpost here in Equestria, defeated Cerberus, and stole Element of Honesty. This situation presents a unique dilemma. The precedent has been set that a single well-trained assailant can successfully conquer an entire stronghold. Other nations will surely realize this and begin sending out their most skilled agents to obtain the remaining Elements. The first nation to reclaim all of them will become the greatest military power in the world."

*****

Baba: Unicorn Stallion
Age: 34
Last Known Location: Zebrabwe, Zebrica
Area of Expertise: Plants
Physical Description: Blue-green fur, Green-blue mane/tail, Magenta eyes
Cutie Mark: Thorny vine with a fanged bulb
Alternate Form: None
Physical Description: N/A

His skills as a mage are limited, but he is a master of many fields requiring the use of plants. One of the few applications in which he uses his magic is enhancing the potions and poisons taught to him through training with the Zebras. Another is in crafting and wielding his bows and arrows.

His marksmanship is among the world's finest, as proven in numerous tournaments in Gryphona, Equestria, and the Crystal Empire. He has shown ability to shoot moving targets with pinpoint accuracy up to 100 meters away and stationary targets up to 300 meters. When hunting, he typically coats his arrows with poisons, debilitating or deadly, of various functions.

*****

So that's what the doozy was! "This is where you come in. You are among my most elite agents, making you prime players in this global game of capture the flag. Unfortunately, because the one who stole the first Element was a pony, politics has forced me to give you a handicap. There is a false list of possible suspects being sent to the leaders of your current nation even as we speak. To make the list seem legitimate, your name and description have been included.

You have two primary objectives. First, you are to prevent capture of the Elements of Harmony by the other nations and root out their agents. Second, you are to attempt to locate and obtain the remaining Elements."

*****

Pinkamena Pie: Earth Pony Mare
Age: Unknown
Last Known Location: Furmingham, ADDC
Area of Expertise: Baking, Parties
Physical Description: Pink fur, Hot pink mane/tail, Blue-grey eyes
Cutie Mark: Removed.
Alternate Form: None
Physical Description: N/A

Cannot be successfully engaged. Avoid if possible.

*****

"If you successfully capture a 'flag', you will contact me directly and I will give you further instruction. If you are caught, you will be regarded by all nations, including Equestria, as the true thief. You will have to fend for yourself or rely on the other agents involved. Of course, I have every confidence that you will be able to avoid such dire situations."

*****

Canvas: Unicorn Mare
Age: Unknown
Last Known Location: Ponyville, Equestria
Area of Expertise: Magic
Physical Description: White fur, Pink mane/tail, Purple eyes
Cutie Mark: Yellow circle surrounded by tendrils of flame
Alternate Form: None
Physical Description: N/A

Light, of the Night Light Sisters. Weaker and more dramatic than Obsidian, she is still a formidable mage. She is well-versed in all schools of magic, but prefers fire-based magic in combat. She is somewhat diplomatic, preferring to settle engagements with words rather than with force. The bond she shares with her sisters is extremely strong, especially with her youngest sister, Ivory, and will do whatever she feels is necessary to protect them. When paired with Obsidian, the pair is known as the Night Light Sisters and are a nearly invincible team.

*****

"In addition to your primary objectives, you have one secondary objective. The infamous Night Light sisters were discovered in Equestria shortly after the attack, but have since fled. Should you come across them, nullify them and bring them immediately to Canterlot. Again, this is a secondary objective. Collecting the Elements of Harmony is your first and foremost concern."

*****

Obsidian: Unicorn Mare
Age: Unknown
Last Known Location: Ponyville, Equestria
Area of Expertise: Magic
Physical Description: Jet black fur, Dark blue mane/tail, Blue-green eyes
Cutie Mark: Crescent Moon
Alternate Form: None
Physical Description: N/A

Night, of the Night Light Sisters. Stronger, more level-headed than Canvas. She is well-versed in all forms of magic, but specializes in sleeping magic. She typically does not resort to diplomacy, preferring more definitive methods of threat removal. The bond she shares with her sisters is extremely strong, especially with her younger sister, Ivory, and will do whatever she feels is necessary to protect them. When paired with Canvas, the pair is known as the Night Light sisters and are a nearly invincible team.

*****

"Because every nation will likely be involved, teamwork will be vital between you. These are all of Equestria's agents involved in this operation." Empress Moon's image dissolved and reformed to display Mirror Child, Tortoise, Baba, and Pinkamena. "Do not trust anyone else, pony or otherwise. Be especially watchful of anyone who seems to know about the disappearance of the Elements of Harmony."

*****

Extreme caution is advised when approaching or engaging any of the aforementioned ponies, especially if found as part of a group. All of them have the necessary skill to attack a military outpost, and any of them could be the individual who stole the Element of Honesty. There may be attempts on the other Elements in the near future should they be left unchecked.

*****

"You have your mission. Good luck."

*****

Ruler of the Equestrian Empire,
Empress Moon