• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 1,144 Views, 65 Comments

Falling Through - CodenameTobias



When three friends find a rift, it takes them somewhere they could not think possible.

  • ...
6
 65
 1,144

Out of Sight

“Come on Stroke, you can do it!” Spike urged.

It was a quiet afternoon at the library as Stroke had finished some sketches with Rarity and decided to practice some magic with Twilight. Wishing to test her abilities, Stroke asked Twilight if she could attempt the list of twenty five spells that would let them see her current skill level.

Stroke squeezed her eyes tighter and concentrated harder. The pale lavender aura around her horn shone brighter as she focused on the spell. Twilight stood at the side as she watched her friend’s progress. Feeling her power come to a peak, Stroke caused Spike’s face to faintly glow.

“Almost there!” Spike grinned.

“Just focus,” Twilight said reassuringly. “You’re doing fine.”

Stroke concentrated as the light grew brighter, but it flickered as she felt her magic falter. The aura faded from her horn and Spike’s face as she released her concentration with an exhale. “Damn,” Stroke muttered under her breath, pinning her ears back in irritation.

“It’s okay Stroke, even I had some trouble on my first try,” Twilight said half-heartedly.

Stroke seemed to perk up a bit as Spike spoke. “No you didn’t. Even on your first try you managed to make some hairs appear,” he remarked while examining his face in a mirror and
feeling slightly upset over the lack of facial hair.

Twilight shot him a look before turning to her checklist and putting an ‘X’ next to the spell. “Well you’ve managed to pull off four out of twenty five spells, and that’s not bad considering you’re just starting off with your magic.”

“Well it’s a start.” Stroke’s successful spells were the concussion blasts she had used in the hospital, some teleportation that, while shaky, could take her across the library in one piece, the medical scan spell that Twilight had used to extract the magic from the groups bodies, and she could project a barrier around herself with some effort.

Twilight nodded, “Besides, there’s still one spell you haven’t practiced yet.”

Stroke looked at the list and tilted her head, not having missed any spells on it as indicated by the marks next to each item. “Which?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Stroke shook her head, causing Twilight to giggle and point at her flank, “The spell that matches your special talent.”

Stroke’s hoof met her forehead. “Seriously, how could you forget about that?” Spike asked.

Stroke rolled her eyes at him, “I haven’t been a unicorn very long okay? This whole magic thing’s still really new to me.” She shook her head and turned to Twilight, “So what exactly am I supposed to do?”

Twilight shrugged, “I don’t know. Normally unicorns by our age know what their special talent does.” She tapped a hoof to her chin, “Try concentrating on how your talent makes you happy and try to turn it into a spell.”

“Okay, sounds easy enough.”

Stroke took a deep breath in and exhaled through her nose. Clearing her mind, she concentrated on her life’s passion. Art, creating, bringing life to a dull page, giving the world colour, enjoying every second of it and working to become the best she could be. Twilight watched on as Stroke bowed her head and her horn sparked with a faint glow. Focusing her thoughts, Stroke lit her horn brightly and opened her eyes, firing the spell as she did.

However, her method of activating the spell gave her no aim as a bolt of magic flew from her horn and straight towards Spike. With a *poof* he was enveloped in a lavender light for a brief second before it faded. Stroke and Twilight struggled to contain their laughter as they saw the result.

“What? What happened!?” Spike demanded, “Did I grow another head!? Did I turn into a dog!? Am I-”

“Just look in the mirror,” Twilight snickered.

Spike walked over to the mirror and gaped at what he saw. His scales and eyes, once been and purple, were multiple shades of pink. A few moments passed as he stared at his reflection. Concerned with his silence, Twilight walked up to her assistant.

“Spike, are you alright?”

No response.

“Spike?”

“Stroke,” he stated, his voice barely a whisper.

Her ears perked up at the mention of her name, “Yeah?”

In an instant Spike had propelled himself from his position in front of the mirror in a pink blur and wrapped his arms around Stroke’s leg. “CHANGE ME BACK!” he cried.

“Um... I don’t know if I can,” Stroke admitted sheepishly.

“Of course you can, it’s your spell, you can reverse it!”

“Actually Spike, she has a point,” Twilight spoke up. “Most spells only have a counter because they have been performed often enough that one was found. This is a unique kind of spell in itself.”

“What do you mean by that?” Stroke asked, looking down at the dragon still attached to her leg.

“It appears that your spell works by reflecting certain wavelengths of light in order to alter the colour of a target,” Twilight explained. “You just happened to reflect the right wavelengths and... well,” she gestured to Spike.

Storke looked down to Spike who detached himself from her leg and was on his knees, clasping his claws and putting on the best puppy eyes he could muster. “Please.”

After a few seconds of staring at the begging dragon, Stroke bowed her head and sighed, “Alright Spike, I’ll get to work on the reversal.”

“Please figure it out!” Spike pleaded, “If you need me, I’ll be hiding in the basement so Rarity doesn’t see me.” With that Spike made his way to the door and slammed it shut as he left the pair to themselves.

“Okay, let’s get to work,” Twilight said, “I’ll go and get some supplies and we’ll get to it.” A knock came from the door. “Mind getting that?”

Stroke trotted over to the door as Twilight went through the same door as Spike and took the knob in her magic, opening it to find a cardboard box sitting idly outside. Confused, she stuck her head outside and scanned the area. There was no sign of anypony around, and yet the box sat there. Stroke stepped backwards and stared at the box, “Okay?”

The box began to raise as a silver mass unfolded itself from underneath and flipped the box over dramatically, revealing Scythe standing on his hind legs with his back turned to Stroke. Looking over his shoulder, Scythe put a hoof to his lips and crouched down, pulling the box back over himself.

Stroke rolled her eyes and took the box in her magic, “Oh grow up Scythe.” She lifted the box, only to find that Scythe was no longer underneath it. Confused by the disappearance of her friend, Stroke looked inside of the box to find nothing before sighing and tossing it aside. “Don’t question it,” she muttered to herself.

Sighing quietly, Stroke turned back inside and closed the door behind herself. “HI!” She was met with surprise as Blitz swung down from the air an inch away from Stroke’s face, causing her to jump back in surprise.

“Blitz!? How did you get in here?” she paused, the pegasus was hovering upside down,
“And how are you flying like that?”

Blitz shrugged as he flipped in the air and landed. “I’m a magical pony who can fly and manipulate the weather, does it really need much explaining?”

Stroke nodded, “Good point, now how did you get in and what was with Scythe?”

“Oh, he distracted you while I snuck in through that window,” he pointed to the fixture in question, “so I could distract you while he sneaks up behind you.”

Stroke turned to see Scythe on his hind legs, appearing as if he was about to attack Stroke. “Dammit Blitz.”

“Sorry.”

Scythe sighed and came back down onto all fours. “Well I may as well do something.” He walked in front of Stroke and put his hoof onto her nose, “Boop.”

“You get amused easily, don’t you Scythe?” The trio turned to see Twilight coming out of the basement with a clipboard and various objects in her magic.

“Only when I need to,” he said, “What’s with the stuff?”

Twilight’s face lit up. “Stroke created a new spell and now we need to make a reversal!” she squealed.

The guys turned to Stroke, an embarrassed blush had crept onto her face. “That’s my girl!” Scythe grinned, “One week into a new universe and her brilliance shows.” He put his arm around her neck, “This calls for celebration!”

“Uh, Scythe, weren’t you listening?” Blitz asked. Scythe turned to his friend, “She has to make a reversal for it.”

Scythe brought his leg down from Stroke’s neck, “Well we need to provide some form of moral support while she works on it, don’t we?”

Stroke smiled, “You guys would do that?”

“Of course we would!” Scythe exclaimed. “I’m your best friend and Blitz is...” he turned to the pegasus, “Well... Blitz. Can’t say much more than that.”

“What does this new spell even do?” Blitz asked.

Twilight cleared her throat, “The spell that Stroke’s developed is related to her special talent in the fact that it can change an object’s natural reflective properties thus changing the wavelengths received by the retina and therefore the received image.”

Scythe raised a brow and Blitz nodded before turning to Stroke, “What does the spell do and how did you figure it out?”

“It changes the colour of stuff and I accidentally turned Spike pink.”

“Oh this I gotta see!” Scythe grinned, “Where is he?”

“Scythe, Spike said that he doesn’t want anypony seeing him until he’s changed back,” Twilight explained.

“So it reflects light?”

Stroke nodded, “Yeah, it does.” She recognized the look on his face, “What are you thinking?”

Blitz pointed to his head, “Turn me completely white. That way I can walk around town all day saying I saw a ghost.”

Twilight looked at him with concern, “Blitz, we don’t have a way to reverse it. You could end up that way for a while.”

“Actually, that sounds fun! Count me in!” Scythe piped up.

“Didn’t you just hear what I said? It could end badly for you both!”

“As long as you two don’t take it too far, I’ll let you have your fun,” Stroke said.

“ARE ANY OF YOU LISTENING!?” Twilight yelled.

“Alright, let’s do this!”

“Urgh, why do I even bother,” Twilight grumbled.

She trotted into the kitchen while Stroke charged up her horn. A thought crossed her mind, causing her to cancel the spell. “Uh guys, how do I turn you white?”

“White’s a colour that reflects all wavelengths, so try focusing on that,” Blitz said professionally.

Stroke nodded, “Alright.” She bowed her head and focused. ‘No colour, no life, just a blank canvas.’ The glow returned to Stroke’s horn as she tightened her concentration. “Here we go.” With her horn glowing as bright as she could muster, Stroke fired two bolts at her friends. They were enveloped in a lavender light as Spike had been and Stroke flashed a small smile at her handiwork. As the light faded her expression changed as she realized something went wrong.

Neither of them were where they once stood. In fact they were not even there anymore.

Stroke scanned the room, afraid of what she had just done. “Guys?” she asked the air, “Um, guys, are you still here... or alive?”

Twilight walked out of the kitchen to see Stroke standing in the room talking to herself.

“Yeah Stroke, why do you ask?” Blitz’s voice spoke.

“AH! Where’d that come from!?” Stroke and Twilight reeled back in surprise at Scythe’s voice.

There was silence in the room as everypony pieced it together. “Stroke?” Blitz started.

“Yeah?”

“Scythe and I are invisible, aren’t we?”

She nodded her head.

“How did this happen?” Twilight asked, surprised by the result. “Nopony can pull off an invisibility spell this well.”

The sound of a hoof meeting face came from Scythe’s direction. “Blitz told her to reflect all wavelengths.”

Twilight sighed and turned to the stairs, “It’s okay. Both of you stay down here while Stroke and I work upstairs.”

“Alright,” the stallions said in unison.

The pair watched as Twilight and Stroke closed the door as they went into Twilight’s room. A few seconds of silence passed before Scythe turned his head in Blitz’s direction. “We’re not staying here, are we?”

“Not a chance, we’re invisible and I say we make the most of it.”

“Good,” Scythe replied, walking over to the door and opening it. “To anarchy!” he called, walking outside.

“Hear hear!” Blitz cheered, following his friend out of the library.

Later...

Stroke closed and focused on her target. The apple she had turned invisible was sitting on the table, waiting to be changed back to a shiny red. Deciding it was time to release, Stroke cleared her mind, “A finished canvas, full of life and colour.” She fired a bolt of magic at it, causing the fruit to become enveloped enveloped in a lavender aura. She smiled at the fact that she managed to hit her target, but it quickly faded as the apple appeared for half a second, then vanished once again.

She gritted her teeth in irritation. “Ugh, what am I missing?” she muttered.

Twilight took down some notes on a scroll before looking at the frustrated mare, “Well you’re showing improvement, I swear I could see the apple for a second there.”

Stroke sighed and walked over to Twilight’s bed, laying down on it with a sigh. “I don’t know. There’s just something that I’m missing.” She put her head down onto the mattress, “I just don’t know.”

Twilight came over to Stroke and put a hoof on her back, “Stroke, sometimes magic is just hard. Try focusing on why you want this to work.”

“Okay, one more time,” Stroke sighed. She got off the bed and back over to the spot she was standing in. Closing her eyes, she began to gather her concentration. “Why am I doing this? For my friends, to fix Scythe and Blitz... and Spike, can’t forget Spike. Their always there for me, being supportive, always-”

Her train of thought was interrupted as the sound of a window opening came from behind her. “Twilight, I need your help!” Dash cried.

Stroke began to look back before Twilight stopped her, “Keep focused.” Stroke nodded and turned back to the apple. “What’s wrong Rainbow?”

“It’s some of the clouds, they’ve gone crazy!” Dash explained, landing inside the room.

“Crazy? Crazy how?”

“Yeah, how?” Stroke asked herself.

“They’re moving on their own. It started with one, but when it got close to another cloud it stopped and the next one started moving.”

Twilight nodded and walked towards the door, “Alright, I’ll go get Blitz. He should be able to help given his... condition.”

Dash tilted her head, “What happened to him?”

“You’ll see.”

“Ha, that sounds like a pun Scythe would use.”

As Twilight left, Dash trotted over to Stroke, “So what are you doing?”

“Concentrating,” she replied.

“On what?”

“You’ll see.”

The pair heard Twilight calling for the guys downstairs, but her calls became more and more desperate as she received no reply. A barely audible “Oh no” came from the staircase as she returned, “We have a problem.”

Earlier...

A bush rustled as Blitz and Scythe popped their heads up. Blitz smirked as he spotted his target. “Alright, we’re going to start with her.”

“Who?”

Blitz rolled his eyes before reaching to his side, locating Scythe’s head and turning it in the direction he was looking in. “Her.” The target in question was a rainbow tail hanging from a cloud.

Scythe stared (or at least tried to) at his friend. “Alright, and how do you intend to pull this off?”

Blitz looked up at the clouds that scattered the skies, “I’ve got an idea.”

As he took off, Scythe snickered, “You have an idea, that’s always a scary thought.”

The pegasus silently flew towards a cloud and landed on top of it. “Jeez these things are soft,” he whispered to himself. He lay down and wrapped his legs around the cloud and slowly flew it above his target.

Dash slept on her own cloud, tired from an early morning of work and practice, a nap was just the thing she needed to recover. She was completely unaware that a cloud had been repositioned over her.

Blitz laughed quietly to himself as he let his tail fall over the edge of the cloud and tickle her nose.

After a loud sneeze, Dash shot awake and stared at the out of place cloud. Deciding it was time to act, Blitz took off as fast as he could, his invisibility making it look like the cloud was speeding off on its own.

“Oh no you don’t!”

“And they’re off,” Scythe thought to himself.

Dash took off from her cloud at a breakneck speed and closed the gap on Blitz in mere seconds. “Closer, closer,” he thought to himself as another cloud came up on his left. “Now.” With Dash mere inches away from his tail, Blitz released his grip, rolled onto the next cloud and took off.

Dash chased the first cloud until the momentum wore off and saw the next one moving. “What the?” She engaged the cloud in another pursuit, only for the cloud to slow to a stop as another took off. “Oh come on!”

While this occurred, Scythe lay on the ground in the bush quietly laughing his sides off as Dash tried to catch clouds that were barely out of her reach.

Back in the sky, Blitz began to grow weary of leading Dash on and zigzagged off of a line of clouds, sending them in varying directions. At this point Dash was getting angry, her work was being ruined and she didn’t like it.

Blitz grappled to another cloud and sped into a climb. His pursuer had begun to wisen up as she quickly turned after him. “Perfect.”

He continued the climb before turning into a sharp dive, baiting Dash into his plan as she followed. Dash quickly gained ground on him as she sped up in the dive. For a second, Blitz began to panic as he could have sworn that he could see a mach cone forming around her. “Closer... and...” Blitz turned out of his dive and leveled out, causing Dash to follow the motion. In one swift movement he rolled forward and braked with his wings, causing the cloud to stop in the air and flip, creating a wall that Dash promptly ran into without time to stop or dodge.

Scythe rolled on the ground in a riot while Blitz landed next to him, quietly laughing as he did.

“Dude, that was hilarious!” Scythe snickered.

“Heh, yeah. I know I can’t outfly Dash, but I can definitely outsmart her,” he chuckled, looking back to see Dash pull herself away from the cloud and fly off yelling something. “So you think you can do better?”

“Oh you know it,” Scythe boasted, picking himself up from the ground, “just give me a moment.”

Present Time...

The three mares sat in the room in dead silence. “So they’re invisible and Blitz just messed with my work,” Dash stated.

“And they’re now on a rampage through town,” Twilight finished.

Stroke shook quietly as she felt new thoughts enter her mind. “Those guys...” Her horn began to spark and glow brightly. “THEY’RE GOING DOWN!” she yelled, firing a blast of magic at the table. The invisible apple shone with a lavender light that quickly died down, revealing that the spell had been reversed.

Twilight and Dash stared at her for a moment. “How?”

“I need a reason, I’m going to stop them,” she explained.

Twilight shook her head, “Stroke, talent spell or not, you’ve just created a spell and a reversal in a matter of hours. Some ponies spend months honing their talents.”

Stroke shrugged and walked over to the door, “It’s no big deal Twilight.”

“But-”

“No big deal,” she repeated. “Come on, we have to go stop those two idiots.” With that, Twilight and Dash followed her downstairs and out of the house.

“So we have a way of changing them back, now how do we find them?” Dash asked.

“Try taking to the sky and spotting anything that seems out of place.”

Dash nodded and flew up high, scanning the town. After a few minutes she returned to earth, “We can start by following the path of panicking ponies, then head over to AJ’s stand.”

“Why there?” Twilight asked.

“I think I saw a box moving near it.”

Stroke’s ears perked up, “That sounds like Scythe, let’s move.”

The three ran towards the market, seeing the path of chaos that Scythe and Blitz had created. Carrot bushels were on the banana stand, ponies were drenched by buckets now scattered on the ground, and some had watermelons on their heads, leaving them running around the street blind.

Twilight scanned the area, “I think they went this way.”

“Yeah you think?” Dash deadpanned, “Did they really do all this?”

Stroke nodded, “It’s their style, damage, but nothing too serious.”

The trio walked further into the disaster zone, only to be surrounded by a ring of clouds overhead. “These three aren’t gonna know what hit them!” Blitz laughed to himself. He prepared to send the ring down upon the group, but paused as he realized who it was. “Shit,” he whispered to himself.

“Look,” Twilight said, “there’s Applejack, we should-”

“Too late!” Dash cut her off, pointing into the sky. Seeing the clouds, she lead the charge, “This way!”

Blitz took off from the clouds, leaving a small stream pointing in his direction and flew in the direction of the stand where Scythe was putting another plan into action. He held an apple in his mouth as he ran around with Applejack chasing him.

“Git back here ya varmint!”

Stroke and the others arrived on the scene to see a flying apple. Twilight turned to Stroke, “Get him!”

Blitz flew overhead to see Stroke charging up her horn, “Uh-oh.” He redirected towards the flying apple, slamming Scythe to the ground and causing him to spit the apple out.

“Dude, what the-” Scythe stopped as a lavender blast whizzed past them.

They got up and Blitz turned away. “Our cover’s blown, rendezvous at checkpoint Sierra Charlie!” he said before flying off.

“Got it!” Scythe called up before turning and running in the opposite direction.

The three mares came up to Applejack who stood in confusion over what she just heard. “What the hay was that?”

“Blitz and Scythe are invisible and pranking the town,” Stroke summarized.

“Right, remind me to assign pigsty duty to Scythe when we find him.”

“Sierra Charlie, what does that mean?” Twilight pondered.

“It’s a military code from back on my world,” Stroke explained, “it means something starting with S and C.”

“So how does this help us?”

Stroke put a hoof to her chin, “Well, where’s somewhere in town that they could to starting with those letters.”

The four bowed their heads and closed their eyes before coming to a mutual realization, “Sugarcube Corner!” they exclaimed in unison.

Up Ahead...

Scythe ran into Sugarcube Corner. It wasn’t particularly busy, but there were a few ponies enjoying their sweets inside and chatting to cover his entrance. “Blitz, where are yMMPH!” he whispered before being cut off by a hoof covering his mouth and dragging him to a corner.

“Quiet, we don’t want somepony hearing us,” Blitz hissed, releasing Scythe. “We’ll stay here until things settle down and there’s less of a chance that Stroke will rip our heads off.”

“Well what if they find us?”

“Then we’ll hide somewhere else.”

“Can we use my box?”

Blitz raised a brow, “How exactly will that-,” he was interrupted by the ring of a bell, “oh no.” The two looked at the door to see Twilight and Stroke entering the bakery. “What are they doing here?”

“They must have figured out the code,” Scythe whispered back as Pinkie approached the mares. “Or maybe they’re just getting sweets to bait us with.”

“Hopefully the latter,” Blitz muttered.

“”Hi Twilight, hi Stroke!” Pinkie said happily, “What brings you over here? Oooh, I hope it’s treats for a picnic, or maybe-”

“Actually Pinkie, we’re looking for Blitz and Scythe, they were coming this way.”

“Shit!” they whispered in unison.

“Well I haven’t seen either of them today, why are you looking for them?”

“That’s not important,” Stroke replied, “We just need to borrow some things to stop them.”

“Okie doki loki!” Pinkie cheered, “Come into the back and I’ll help you out.”

Blitz and Scythe held their breaths as Pinkie led the others behind the counter and into the kitchen. Blitz tapped Scythe on the shoulder, “Come on, let’s get out of here.”

Scythe nodded as they kept low and made their way out of the bakery. Once outside, both were struck on the back by a heavy object and covered in white dust, courtesy of Applejack and Rainbow Dash. They coughed and gasped for air to clear their lungs. They sat up and opened their eyes to see each other, visible by the coat of dust that covered them. “GAH! We’ve been floured!” Scythe yelled, coughing up a small cloud.

“Yep,” they turned to see Stroke standing in the doorway. “And now for this.” Her horn glowed brightly as two blasts of magic struck the stallions, making them come back into view as the light faded.

Blitz looked at himself, “Dammit, we’re visible now.”

“Not just visible,” AJ spoke, pointing to a small mob ponies that they had pranked.

The two smiled sheepishly. “Alright everypony,” Blitz started, “there is a very simple, very complex explanatioRUN!”

With that he and Scythe took off with the angry mob hot on their tails, leaving Stroke and Twilight to laugh at them.

Later...

Twilight held a sheet of parchment and a quill in her magic, watching as Stroke used her new spell to turn Spike back to his original colours.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today was very interesting as I began to help Stroke work on her magic. I have to say that she is a quick learner like her friends said and even managed to develop an invisibility spell and a reversal under the given circumstances. For some reason she keeps acting like it’s not such a big deal as it really is. When she accidentally hit Scythe and Blitz with the unfinished spell, she managed to create the reversal and stop their pranking rampage. It’s been a hectic day, but I don’t understand how she can be so modest about it. Oh well, she’s still a great student.

Your own student,

Twilight Sparkle

P.S. And don’t worry about Blitz and Scythe, Applejack and Rainbow Dash made sure that they got what was coming to them.





Night began to fall as two stallions continued to hang from a tree in the park. Tied up back to back by their hind legs, their coats and manes were sticky from the pelting of fruit they had received.

“Scythe?” Blitz asked, sporting a black eye from the crabapple assault he had taken the front of.

“Yeah?”

“Worth it?”

“Totally.”

Author's Note:

And finished. Sorry that this one took a while, school work had to come first and it really shows how far I can go if I work hard. My English assignment is finished and handed in (ahead of a lot of people in the class) and my partner and I got a 45/45 on our Sociology project on fandoms as a subculture. On a possible down side; I've got a camping trip starting tomorrow for my Outdoors Ed. class (AKA the best gym credit you'll ever take), so I won't have access to anything electronic and will be working on the next chapter alone in a journal (good thing it's a bottle episode!).

~Tobias

Comments ( 15 )

Yay, I'm finally all caught up and made an account just to drop a comment! :pinkiehappy: Gotta say, you two are awesome writers. The characters are in character to the point where I can hear their voices speaking their lines in my head. The plot for both this chapter and last chapter were especially well done. The story is silly like the show and the letters at the end really make it feel like I just watched a real episode. Keep up the great work you two! :twilightsmile:

3697208
Yeah, I get that. His name alternates sort of how someone has a short form to their name. I change it depending on which one better fits the sentence.

3697284
Glad to hear you like it. I haven't updated much due to a lack of confidence, and I just scrapped the chapter I was working on because it didn't feel right. I have another in the works though and plan to update more often in the new year.

“Worth it?”

“Totally.”

media1.giphy.com/media/rrhDzw5FwPpFC/200_s.gif

Wait, this is the end?? EUh... RUUEEAAHHHHH!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRRR STUPID HIATUS!!!!

5348354

It's not so much of a hiatus as I don't know what to do with this story anymore. This was one of my first actual works (especially of fanfiction) and as I mentioned in a blog post will need a complete overhaul to improve it and avoid becoming the same story that's been told many times before, if not at a level I've risen above in recent years. So for the time being, it's staying on hiatus until I can find the motivation to write again (as I have another fanfic in the works [a few in fact] and an original series that I want to get finished). This was my start. Not a spectacular one in my eyes, but it was where I found my passion. I'll return to it someday.

5350312 I may be able to supply you with ideas... When I get some... Hehe... :twilightblush:. I normally have ideas flowing from my mind like a river but today, I'm at a blank.

5350365

I appreciate the thought, but it's not so much a problem with ideas as it is with me sitting down and writing, then looking at it and being satisfied with my work. I can guarantee that the rewrite is not going to continue this, but instead be a new story with the same name (I'm leaving the original here as is).

that's it! what the heck is hiatus!!!!!

5358642 It means that it's not going to be worked on until who knows when.

5358642
5358677
Still on hiatus...
After THREE YEARS!!! :raritydespair:

7426101
Yeah, I guess it's safe to say it's about time to put this one to rest.

Not to say I wouldn't want to continue this, quite the opposite in fact because this was the first thing I ever took pride in writing. It's my starting point as a writer, but somewhere along the way I felt unsatisfied with it (most because it was a dumb self-insert) and I promised myself to put it on hiatus until I'd get around to doing a rewrite. Unfortunately I began to lose interest in working on it and after season 5 my waning interest in FiM eventually dropped completely as I moved on to other things. I still enjoy things the fandom puts out like music and some fanfictions (why I'm still on here for things like Fallout: Equestria). Recently I've been working on a RWBY story with a friend of mine and have been keeping up with personal projects, as well as character designs for other things like Overwatch and Fairy Tail. I look back on Falling Through as my awkward starting point as a writer, but 'Out of Sight' stands as one of my favourite works.

Right now I'm gearing up for my third year of university, working on a Bachelor's in Professional Writing and Lit. Studies. Maybe someday I'll come back and do a rewrite of this, but for now I think it's safe to say that it's time to close the book on this one.

Sorry about that.

- Tobias

7464567
I see you've set this to cancelled.

Very well then...

Quietly begins crying...

7464588
I'm sorry ;-;
2 years of hiatus and I should've done it earlier.

7464590
Don't be... what was I expecting after three years?

7464595
To be fair I went through about a year and a half-long period where I didn't write anything, mainly stemming from school stress and creative anxiety.

7464603
School stress- what I'm about to be going through in 10th grade...

Understandable.

Login or register to comment