• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 1,143 Views, 65 Comments

Falling Through - CodenameTobias



When three friends find a rift, it takes them somewhere they could not think possible.

  • ...
6
 65
 1,143

Arrivals

Universe B
???

-Roman-

A gentle breeze swept across the grassy field, filling the area with a white noise. Laying in the tall grass was Roman, his coat acting as a blanket as the teen rested with his hands behind his head. Some feet away from him was a discernible imprint of crushed grass from where he had landed. It wasn't a great fall, some 10 feet that he landed with a combat roll. He closed his eyes, allowing his mind to wander.

Do you think they followed you?

Roman sighed as a voice with a slight British accent asked a question he was trying to ignore. They may have followed, they could be here.

Roman sighed again as he verbally answered the voice, “I just got here, can't I get a break?”

When your friends are lost in a new universe that you yourself are barely 6 feet into?

He has a point, a second voice similar to his own, but louder spoke up, get going, explore a little.

Roman felt the first voice sigh, Yes, I can't believe I'm agreeing with him, but it would be logical to know where you are before deciding that it's safe to rest.

Realizing that both sides were agreeing for once (a rare occasion at that), Roman slid his arms back into his coats sleeves and stood back up, examining the field. Turning a full 360 degrees, he found nothing of interest aside from some mountains in the distance. “So where do I go now wise guys?” he mentally asked the voices.

You figure it out.

Scratching behind his head, Roman checked his wrist, hoping to use his watch's hands as a makeshift compass, finding that it had vanished. “What the?” His hands quickly dug into his pockets, finding nothing within them, he patted down his coat. “You're kidding me.”

Stuck in an unknown universe, no wallet, no watch, no iPod, no phone and no sunglasses? the first voice asked.

“Yep.”

Welcome to universe survival: Hard mode.

Roman chuckled at the voice's comment before surveying the area again. “Here's to aimless wandering,” he sighed. Choosing the direction facing away from the sun, the teen began his trek. Some 50 paces away from his resting place, his ears twitched at the sound of screaming. However it wasn't a scream of pain or terror, it was more like a war cry.

Alerted to this, he spun around. Seeing nothing, he looked to the sky, using his hand to shield his eyes from the sun. Barely visible against the sky was a form dive bombing straight towards him with a rainbow streak following behind it.

“What the?”

Universe B
???

-Draco-

*RUSTLE* *CRACK* *SNAP* *THUD*

“Ugh,” Draco grunted. The boy stared upwards into the tree he had just fallen out of. Having the air knocked out of his lungs he sat himself up against it and caught his breath. Leaning his head back, he inhaled slowly. “I'm gonna kill Roman when I find him,” he quietly muttered to himself.

Taking a few minutes to decide that he was well enough to stand, Draco pulled himself up and examined the tree he was under. It was an apple tree, only a foot or two higher than he was. Looking around, Draco found that he was surrounded by possibly hundreds more trees. “Must be an orchard,” he thought to himself.

Using a lower branch to hoist himself up, he plucked an apple from his sitting tree and examined it. It was a shiny red, perfect with no bruises or other damage whatsoever. It was slightly smaller than most others, but this didn't matter to him. He sunk his teeth into the flesh of the fruit and chewed on it. It was sweet, much sweeter than the apples on Earth. “Must be the fact that I'm in another dimension,” he whispered to himself.

Looking around again, the teen couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu. “I've seen this place before,” he mentally noted. Brushing off the familiarity of his surroundings, he started to wander through the orchard, still eating the apple he had taken. He began to notice baskets laying around near the trees as he finished his snack and tossed the core aside. Some of them were full with a massive pile of fruit, but others were empty, waiting to be filled.

Approaching a tree with its baskets full, Drake found some imprints low on the trunk. They were almost circular in shape and quite close together. Running his fingers along the right groove, he felt another memory pull at his mind. Something about the placement he couldn't quite recall as a stray thought wandered into his mind, “I really hope Shontia's okay.”

“The tracks lead this way!” A feminine voice with a distinct southern accent snapped the teen out of his trance. “Aw, dammit,” he muttered to himself. Thinking fast, Draco jumped behind a nearby bush and listened in.

“Ah'm tellin' you sis, there ain't any weird creatures out here,” spoke a deeper, more stoic voice with a similar accent.

“Well Ah've never seen tracks lahke those before, and look, the varmint's an apple thief too!”

“Ah crap, the core,” Draco scolded himself.

“Sis, even if we find the thing, what are we gonna do with it?”

“Ah'll tell you what Ah'm gonna do Mac,” Drake's eyes went wide as he made out to forms, one orange and one red through the branches, “Ah'm gunna teach it a lesson.”

“What the?”

Universe B
???

-Shontia-

“Hello? Anyone?” Shontia squinted her eyes, trying to make out anything in the darkness. “Draco? Roman?”

The girl had stuck the landing on her feet, but couldn't determine where she was. “C'mon guys, are you here?” With no response coming, Shontia reached into her pocket to use her phone as a light, but found nothing. “Oh man,” she reached into her bag to find that her supplies were still in it. Sighing a light breath of relief she walked forward, hoping to find a light switch.

A few feet from where she started she bumped into what felt like a table. Shontia held her breath as she heard what sounded like bottles rattling on the surface, threatening to fall and shatter on the floor. Luckily the sound of wobbling glass eventually faded and she let her breath out, thankful to have not broken anything. Using the table as a guide the teen walked to the right, eventually finding a wall lined with what felt like books. Two more steps to the right and she found the stairs. “Bingo.”

Careful not to fall, Shontia made her way up three flights before arriving at the top of the staircase. Turning right again, she used the wall as a guide before reaching the end and feeling a door. Locating the handle, she heard two voices arguing on the other side. Placing her ear against the door, she listened in.

“There is nothing in the basement!” shouted a feminine voice.

“B-but I swear I heard something down there,” replied a younger voice.

Shontias eyes widened as she continued to listen. “Spike, I'm telling you, there is no way anypony can be down there!”

“But what if they tunneled in Twilight?”

Shontia felt herself freak out on the inside as she heard the female voice sigh, “Okay Spike, I'll look down there,” steps were heard on the other side of the door as the teen stepped back, “but only to prove to you that...” Shontias mouth went agape as the door opened. After a second of her eyes adjusting, she found a lavender unicorn with a similar expression as her own standing on the other side with a small green and purple dragon standing next to it.

For what seemed like an eternity, there was a deafening silence until the dragon spoke up, “What the?”

Universe B
???

-Roman-

Romans eyes grew wide as he saw the streak rapidly grow closer. At the last second he dodged to the left causing the streak to come to an abrupt landing. Once it did, Roman was in awe at his attackers appearance. “Holy.”

What the?

WHAAAA!?

Standing before the teen was a three and a half foot tall cyan pegasus mare with a rainbow mane and tail. Her rose eyes and stance trying to threaten him.

“OmygodOmygodOmygodOmygodOmygod!”

Focus you.

Quickly getting over his fanboy moment, Roman raised his hands and backed away slowly. However the mare had other plans, flying towards him at breakneck speeds and turning to deliver a kick with its hind legs. Again Roman leapt out of the way, taking only a slight graze from the buck. Looking up, he saw his attacker charge. Thinking fast he sidestepped and put out his hand, pushing the pegasus off course as it flew passed.

Seeing his opponent veer right and land in a pile of dust, Roman took his chance and turned tail, gaining some distance and jumping into the grass. As the mare collected herself, her head scanned left and right, trying to find the teen, unaware that he was slowly making his way behind her. Crouching low, he took the moment to calm down and catch his breath. This moment became short lived as the mare took to the skies, ascending to a height that she could find Roman at. Seeing her attempt to divebomb him once again Roman grinned, “Clever girl.” Rising from his spot in the grass, Roman took his stance.

Keeping low and holding his hands forward, Roman braced himself as the pegasus descended towards him. Seeing his opportunity as she appeared in front of him, Roman took one of her forelegs in his left hand and wrapped his right arm around her mid-section. He then used her momentum and his weight to throw her to the ground, quickly kneeling over her and putting her leg behind her back in a classic 'Uncle' move. As the mare struggled, Roman spoke up, “Please stop, I mean you no harm.”

For a moment her struggling stopped. “You can talk?”

“Yeah, now I'm going to let you up and I expect that you don't try to pound me, alright?”

“Okay.” Letting her leg go, Roman sat back and watched as the mare sat up, trying hard not to go into fanboy mode. After a moment of silence, the mare spoke, “So who and what are you?”

“How do I play this?”

Stupid, Stupid.

“I'm Roman, a human,” he replied calmly and pointed a finger towards the mare, “and you?”

“Rainbow Dash,” she said, puffing up and putting a hoof to her chest, “'the fastest and coolest flier in Equestria.”

“Equestria.” The word struck Roman as he stood and looked back at the mountains. Sure enough, there was a castle visible against the face.

“I'm in Equestria.”

Yep.

“I just fought Rainbow Dash.”

Yep.

“Huh.”

“So where did you come from?” Roman looked down at Dash, “I've never heard of a human before.”

Roman chuckled and sat down, “I'm from Earth in a different dimension, got here by jumping into a link between our dimensions.”

“And why did you do that?”

“I was bored,” he smirked. Wiping his face with his hand, Roman remembered his main concern, “Listen, I know we got off to a bad start, but I think my friends may have ended up coming in behind me. Is there any chance you can get me to a town to ask around if any... er, pony has seen them?”

Dash nodded, “Given our first encounter, I think we'd better find them fast.” With that she stood, “Ponyville's this way, I'm pretty sure Twilight can help you find your friends.”

Roman laughed quietly to himself and stood as well, dusting himself off, “Alright, lead the way.”

Universe B
Equestria

-Draco-

Draco's hands covered his mouth as he tried hard not to scream. Through the thousands of thoughts running rampant through his head, one stood out among the others, “I AM GOING TO MURDER HIM!” Unfortunately for the teen, the thought formed as words creating a muffled screaming from his hiding place.

“Ah think ah heard something over there!”

“Mmph me,” Draco muttered, removing his hands from his mouth.

"Come out you varment!" the female voice called.

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit,” the teen thought to himself. Slowly coming out of the bush, the two blobs took form. The orange one became a mare with a brown stetson and a blonde mane and tail done up in ponytails. The red formed into a tall stallion with a messy orange mane and short tail. At this moment, Draco's mind went blank.

“What in tarnation are you!?” the mare demanded. Draco felt his body quiver as he grasped what he was seeing. “Answer me!”

“Sis, calm down.”

As he lost control of his body, Drake took a few steps out of the bush towards the pair. At this the mare took an aggressive stance, “Stay where you are!” The teen didn't listen. He continued to walk forward until he was standing directly in front of the mare.

“It can't be... I-it can't be.” Still in a state of shock, he put out a shaky hand to the mare who tensed up at this. His hand came closer to the mare's head “It just can't be, it's all a dream.”

What happened next proved this to be false.

“Back off!” the mare yelled. With that she did a 180 on her front hooves and bucked the strange creature in the upper torso as hard as she could. With a sickening *crack* the creature was sent flying back into the bush that it had emerged from. Its flight was cut short by a conveniently placed apple tree, where it slammed against the trunk and slumped forward upon landing. The impact caused a few apples to fall onto its unconscious body.

“Applejack, why did ya do that?” Macintosh asked in disbelief.

Applejack looked up at her brother, “You sahw what that thing was doin'! It was attackin' me!”

“Ah think it was scared sis, ah've never seen anything lahke it before.”

With that the stallion walked through the bushes with his sister following behind him. The siblings gasped when they saw the damage, the slumped body looked almost lifeless. Concerned, Applejack ran up to the unconscious creature and put her ear close to its face. A wave of relief washed over her as she heard the creature breathing, but very faintly.

“Mac, get the wagon and a blanket, we need to get this thing to a hospital.”

The stallion nodded in agreement, “Eeyup.”

Universe B
Equestria

-Shontia-

The silence lasted some time as the two sides stared at each other in awe. From Shontia's perspective she was seeing a cartoon unicorn and dragon. From Twilight's she saw a tall monkey-like creature dressed up and carrying a bag. Once the shock wore off, Shontia managed to gather her thoughts. “Okay, I just followed Roman and Drake into Equestria, better make a good first impression.”

“Um... hi?” she half asked.

“Hi,” the unicorn replied. With that exchange the silence resumed.

“Geez, why is this so awkward?”

“So...” the unicorn stated.

“So...” she repeated. With that the unicorn inhaled deeply causing Shontia to realize what was coming next “Oh boy, here we go,” she thought to herself.

“Who are you? What are you? How did you get into my lab? What's in the bag? I don't think I've ever seen your kind before. How do you know how to talk? Are you dangerous? Are y-”

Deciding to avoid an extensive question period, Shontia held up her hand and signaled for the pony to be quiet. “One question at a time please.”

Clearing her throat, the unicorn nodded and continued, “Sorry, got a little excited there. My name is Twilight Sparkle, and as Princess Celestia's student, I welcome you to Equestria.” With that, Twilight extended a hoof which Shontia accepted with a shake. “So who and what are you?”

“Um, my name's Shontia, a human or homosapien, if you prefer,” she replied scratching behind her head.

With this Twilight bounced on her hooves and squealed with joy, “Oh this is so exciting, first contact with a foreign species! Spike go put on some tea, Shontia come sit over here.” The dragon snapped out of his trance and hurried into the kitchen as Shontia took a spot at a nearby table. Twilight then levitated some parchment and a quill and ink to the table before taking her own seat.

“So tell me, where are you from?"

“Oh good, an easy one.” Deciding to use visual aid to help her describe home. Seeing Shontia reach for her bag, Twilight tensed up. “Relax,” she said, pulling out a pad of paper and her pencils. Flipping to a new page, Twilight scanned over the various sketches and drawings, but one caught her eye as she used her magic to stop Shontia's flipping. Seeing the picture she had stopped on, the teen internally facepalmed. It was an unfinished sketch of the Mane 6 that Roman had jokingly requested. The details on the picture were lacking, but there was enough to individualize the six mares.

“How?” Twilight pondered aloud.

With a quick jerk of the book, Twilight lost her magical grip and Shontia resumed flipping through the pages to a blank one. “So my home world,” she started. With skilled hands, Shontia quickly drew a circle and filled it with the various continents that made up her planet. “This is Earth,” she explained, “a world of mostly water with lots of land split into countries. It has forests, mountains, lakes, oceans, and tons of different animals with humans, like me, being the dominant species. Most of the land is made up of cities and other man-made stuff, so it's not as natural as it used to be."

Writing down what Shontia said, Twilight looked up, “So it's like here?”

The teen shook her head slowly, “Um.... No nothing like here. Here you have a kingdom that has magic. We have many groups lead by elected government officials. We also don't have magic. We rely on machines to help us to do our day to day tasks.”

At this, Twilight's attention was piqued. “I never said that Equestria was a monarchy, or relied on magic.”

This time, Shontia really did facepalm, “Oh, I have some explaining to do, don't I?”

The unicorn nodded, “Yes, you do.”

Looking to her skecthbook again, Shontia turned back to the picture that Twilight had stopped her on earlier, “You know movies and plays, right?” Twilight nodded. “Well on my world there are boxes that act like projectors, showing movies and shows like that. One of them is called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and it kinda revolves around Equestria and... you.”

Twilight cocked her head with a scowl at this, “So in your world, Equestria is nothing but a land of fiction?”

Shontia nodded. “I would say that, but then again,” she said, waving her hand around as if gesturing to the room, “it looks pretty real to me."

The scowl faded from Twilight's face as Spike came in with the tea and sat down at the table. “So what was the first act?”

Taking two lumps of sugar and plopping them into her cup, Shontia stirred her tea thoughtfully. “The Summer Sun Celebration when Nightmare Moon was released. Ever since the show gathered a following, my friend Roman and I are fans.”

“Who's Roman?” Spike asked.

Sipping her tea, Shontia responded, “He's the reason I ended up here. He jumped into a dimensional rift on a whim and my other friend Draco ended up falling in by accident. I followed to make sure they don't make fools of themselves.”

“So there's more of you here?”

Shontia smiled at Twilight, “I can only hope. It would be best if I find Drake as soon as possible, who knows what he might do here. As for Roman, he should be able to handle himself, in fact he's probably having fun.”

“And why exactly did he jump into a dimensional rift? It could have thrown him anywhere.”

Shontia laughed lightly at the thought, “Roman's odd. He's had a rough life and probably figured anywhere was better than our world.”

“And what about Drake?” Twilight continued.

“He's my oldest friend, I've known him since we were young,” leaning back, Shontia took a brief moment to reminisce on her time with Draco.

“So why is there urgency around finding him?”

Snapping out of her memories, the teen looked at Twilight sheepishly, “Um... Remember how I said Roman and are fans?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Well Draco may not be too fond of this place...”

“So he could be in trouble.”

Shontia laughed again, “Poor guy would be lucky if trouble didn't follow him here and bite him.”

“Is he really that rash?” Twilight asked.

Shontia nodded, “Knowing him, there's no telling how he'd react.”

“So would it be okay if I ask you a few more questions?” Twilight asked, dipping her quill in ink.

Shontia took a brief moment to think it over: Sure Draco would probably end up doing something like burning the town down, but Roman would probably stop him before anything like that would happen. “Sure, what do you want to know?”

“Everything.”

“Should have seen that coming,” Shontia thought to herself.

Universe B
Ponyville, Equestria

-Roman-

“... so it helps us fly by reducing our overall body weight,” Dash finished.

“Cool.” Roman and Dash were just arriving into Ponyville and had been filling their trek (and flight) with a questioning period about one another. Dash had mainly stuck to questions about what humans were and how their world worked. She seemed especially surprised when she learned that humans couldn't use magic, lacked cutie marks and used special machines to fly and travel long distances. Meanwhile, Roman continued playing dumb and asked questions he knew the answers to, such as if there were any other ponies other than pegasi. He also took the chance to fill in any curiosities he had, such as his last question being about if a pegasus bone structure was hollow like a bird's to improve flight.

Coming up to a bridge into town, a pair of mares looked up from their conversation to see the human approach. They looked terrified by his height and overall appearance. Seeing this, Roman decided to make the best impression possible. As he and Rainbow passed the pair, he looked over at them and nodded his head, “Ladies.” They said nothing in response.

“How do you think the town will react?” Dash looked over at him as they finished crossing.

“I mean, those girls seemed like they were about to bolt at first sight.”

“Well if you keep an attitude like that and stick with me, you should be fine.”

“Here's to hoping,” Roman muttered under his breath.

Eyes turned to the teen as if he were a traveling circus. The awkward gazes did not phase him, as Roman continued alongside Dash on their route. The interest eventually subsided as they made their way through town, which Roman chalked up to previous misconceptions about Zecora. Taking the opportunity, Roman's eyes shifted around, identifying citizens.

“Hm, there's Golden Harvest at her stall.”

Thunderlane's clearing clouds.

Cloudkicker's kicking clouds.

Lily selling flowers to Sparkler.

Odd, I would have expected Ly... The voice didn't get to finish as the seafoam green mare in question trotted up to Roman, her golden eyes almost sparkled at the sight of him.

“Commence ultimate fanboy moment.”

NO BLOWING OUR COVER!

“Hi there!” Roman chirped. The mare's jaw opened as she tried to form words.

“A-are you a hu-human?” she stuttered.

“Well I'm definitely not a dog,” Roman joked, “but yeah, I'm a human.” The mare's eyes grew unreasonably wide at the word “human”.

“Does that mean you have h-hands?”

“What, you mean these old things?” Roman asked, raising both extremities to show.

Somehow, the mare's eyes grew even wider, “May I see them?”

Crouching down to eye level with the mare, he held out his palms and allowed her to examine them. An odd point at this was when she felt over them with her hooves, when she turned them over to examine the back, Roman felt her grip his hands. This confused him, but he set it under 'It's magic, it doesn't need explaining'. After a few minutes of having his hands felt up, the mare let go and Roman stood, “Happy?” Her response was a squeal as she bounced away giggling like a maniacal schoolgirl.

Roman and Dash watched her take her leave with heads cocked. “Well, that was odd,” Roman remarked.

“Yeah, that's just Lyra for you,” Rainbow explained, “she can be a bit weird.”

“Well weird is good, I like weird.”

Dash looked at the teen in confusion, “What do you mean by that?”

Roman shrugged as they continued onward, “We're all weird in some way.”

“Well not me!” Dash boasted.

“Well my life's filled with it's oddities. Frak, earlier today I jumped through a rift into another dimension, ended up befriending a rainbow maned pegasus, had my hands examined by a unicorn, and this doesn't even break my top five!”

“What does 'frak' mean?”

“Eh, I don't think swearing in public would be looked lightly upon.”

Rainbow nodded, “Makes sense.”

As the pair continued on their way, the tree house began to come into view. “Finally, I'm going to get some help,” Roman thought to himself. His walking slowed to a pace as a sound caught his ear. “Buzzing?” Looking at a nearby intersection he saw a helmeted orange filly approaching quickly on a scooter.

Another one?

Why can't we just get to the library already!? Noticing Roman's slower pace, Dash turned to watch. The filly used her wings to launch herself and her scooter into the air, performing a swift double flip before landing sideways causing her to come to a screeching halt with a cloud of dust.

“That was cool.”

And she doesn't have a cutie mark in this why?

Instead of taking interest in the tall creature like the rest of the town, the filly immediately went to chatting with her idol.

“Hey Scootaloo,” Rainbow greeted.

“Hi Rainbow Dash!” she smiled, “did you see that trick? It was nothing.” She leaned against her scooter trying to look cool, only to shift her weight too far causing her to fall over. As the filly quickly stood up and dusted herself off, Roman shot a confused look to Dash who responded with a simple shrug. Resuming her position against her scooter, Scootaloo tried her best to continue looking cool despite her moment of clumsiness. “So what's...” At this moment she noticed Roman, “Uhh Rainbow Dash, who's the monkey?”

Roman gave a quick chuckle at the word “monkey”.


“That gives me an idea...”

No. No. No. No. No!

Dash looked at the filly, “He's not a monkey, this is Roman, he's a hu-”

“No Rainbow, she's right.”

Don't you dare!

TOO LATE!

Roman put on a devilish grin and took off his trenchcoat, allowing it to fall to the ground. “I'm a monkey.”

With that Roman bent over, allowing his knuckles to hang on the ground as he began howling like a chimp. Seeing this, Scootaloo smiled and hopped back onto her scooter, zooming away as Roman gave chase while flailing his arms over his head. Seeing his target gain a considerable amount of distance, Roman wizened up and broke into an all-out sprint. The filly was fast, but in his straightened stance the teen had no problem catching up to her. Coming alongside, Roman reached out his arm and snatched Scootaloo off of her scooter, causing it to roll to a stop.

Throwing her over his shoulder, Roman took the filly to a nearby bench as she laughed and struggled in protest. Setting the giggling filly down on the seat, Roman crossed his eyes and blew a raspberry at Scootaloo, prompting a joyous laugh from her.

As the laughter subsided, Roman put out a hand to the filly, “Nice to meet you, my name's Roman.”

The filly put her hoof out as Roman gripped it lightly, the grip was returned.

Seriously, how do they do that?

Magic.

“I'm Scootaloo,” she replied.

“Nice to meet you Scootaloo.”

With this, Dash came trotting up. “Sorry squirt, this guy needs to find his friends. I'll hang out with you later.”

The filly nodded and trotted towards her scooter, “It's cool,” she called over her shoulder, “I have a meeting with the crusaders anyways. Later!”

As the pair watched her zoom off, Dash flapped her wings to come even with Roman's shoulder and promptly slugged it. The teen, while unfazed, looked at her confused. “Ow, what was that for?”

The mare looked at him with some annoyance in her eyes, “Because. Why'd you even do that anyways?” Roman flashed a smile before walking in the direction of his discarded jacket.

“Because I'm weird,” he answered, “there's a lot of sounds in the universe Dash, you know which one is the greatest?”

Rainbow shook her head as Roman knelt down and picked up his coat. Dusting it off he continued, “The greatest sound in the universe... is the sound of a child laughing.”

He looked over at his companion who had her head tilted in confusion, “You really are weird.”

“Yeah, I get that a lot.” Putting his coat back on, the two made their way to the library. Coming up to it, Roman quietly suppressed another fanboy moment.

This place is a fire hazard...

As he reached for the front door handle, Dash stopped him. “Maybe I should go in first, don't want Twi' freaking out over a new species in Equestria.”

Roman nodded and stepped aside, “After you then.”

Stepping up to the door, Dash opened the door and stepped, “Twilight, you'll never believe what I-” She stopped. Sitting at the table with Twilight and Spike was another human, but this one was dressed in black and had longer, lighter hair. The silence from the awkwardness lasted some time.

Outside, Roman began to grow impatient, “Geez, how long does it take you to tell your friend that you just found an alien?” Opening the door himself, Roman stepped inside with an over exaggerated annoyed look on his face. “Y'know Dash, it's rude to leave someone waiting...”

Roman's joking expression quickly changed into a smile as he caught a look at his friend sitting at the table. "Shontia?" Roman asked as he pushed in front of Rainbow Dash.

"Roman?" she responded, getting up from her spot at the table. The two approached each other as they spoke in a whisper, “Roman?”

“Yeah?”

“We're in Equestria.”

“I know.”

The teens smiled at at each other as Shontia squealed a bit, “So cool.”

Roman chuckled at her, “It's nice to see a friendly face.” Her smile quickly vanished.

“You haven't seen Draco?”

“He's here? What happened?”

“He slipped in and I followed.”

“Sounds like him.”

The two stepped away and turned to the three pairs of eyes set on them. "So you two do know each other?" Dash asked.

"Yes we were together with our friend Draco when we found... a way into this dimension," Shontia explained.

"So Shontia mind introducing me to your friend?" asked Twilight, still writing on the parchment scroll.

The other teen raised his hand, “I'm Roman.”

“And you're the one who likes our show, right?”

Roman pursed his lips and shot Shontia an 'Are you kidding me' look. “You told her?”

Shontia looked around sheepishly, “It sorta slipped out, and she saw that picture.”

Roman facepalmed.

“What do you mean by 'our show'?” Dash asked.

Roman pinched the bridge of his nose and took a seat at the table, “Hoo boy.”

After taking some time to detail the show, its creation and the fandom that followed, Roman silently braced himself for any form of assault. “So we don't exist where you come from?”

He looked up and nodded slowly, “As harsh as that sounds, it is true.”

“And you lied to me?!”

The change in her tone caused the teen to look down in regret, “Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't want to lie, but I needed your help and I doubt that you would help a strange creature claiming to know about a world it's never been in!”

Dash seemed taken aback by his outburst. After a moment of silence around the table, she spoke up, “You're right, I guess it wouldn't help your case.” Roman looked up at Dash as she put out her hoof, but at a new angle. “Friends?”

Roman balled up his fist and bumped it against the offered hoof, “Friends.”

Shontia, Twilight and Spike watched as the two made up. “Alright, now that that's settled, we need to find Drake,” Shontia said.

Roman locked his fingers and set his elbows on the table, resting his head on his hands. “Based on our own arrivals, I think it's safe to say that Drake ended up with another of your friends as I ended up within proximity with Dash as Shontia did with Twilight.” Looking around the table he noticed the confused looks on the others faces. “Everytime I'm being clever...”

"So we just need to find where our friends are to find your friend?" Dash asked.

"Exactly!" Roman replied.

"Well there may be a problem with our numbers..." Twilight said.

“Right,” Shontia said, “there's still four others which means we'll have to take two each. Roman and Dash, you two check Fluttershy and Pinkie, Twilight and I will check on Rarity and Appl-”

The door then burst open, the orange mare in question standing in the doorway. “Twi', ah need yer helAH!” In a split second, all eyes turned to Applejack as she grabbed a lasso out of nowhere, aimed at Roman and threw it at his neck. The teen spotted this and raised his arm at a blinding speed, catching the rope in his hand and wrapping it around his forearm.

“And that solves our Drake problem.” With a quick tug of the rope he caused the mare lose her balance and with another she fell to the floor.

Applejack quickly recovered and made a beeline for Roman, who responded by raising his to her neck hand. In a swift movement he spun her around and lay her down with her head in his lap. “Time to test something...” With that thought he dug his fingers behind the cowpony's ear and massaged it. In no time at all her eyes fluttered shut. Well I'll be damned.

Seeing the lack of threat, Shontia got up and moved over beside Applejack. “Alright AJ,” she started, “I'm going to ask you a few questions. First, have you seen another creature like us?” The mare nodded slightly. “Did he do anything dangerous?” She shook her head. “Is he hurt?” A nod.

“Did you have anything to do with it?” Roman interjected.

Shontia shot him a look as Applejack nodded again. Roman looked at Shontia, concern was written on her face. “Is he at the hospital?” Another nod.

Getting the answers she needed, Shontia stood and walked away as Roman released the pony. Her eyes shot open as she stood and backed away from him. “What the hay was that?”

Roman smiled, “Ear rub. Works on my dog, works on ponies.”

“Never do it again.”

“Don't have to.”

As Applejack glared at Roman, Shontia spoke up, “Can any of you take us to the hospital?”

“Sorry, Ah have to git back to the farm.”

“And I'd better get to work, weather won't clear itself you know,” Dash added. With that the pegasus and earth pony took their leave.

Roman and Shontia looked at Twilight. “Would you kindly?” Roman asked.

The unicorn nodded and started towards the door. “Spike, can you take care of the library?"

The dragon stood up and saluted, “You can count on me Twilight!” With that she turned and opened the door with her magic, stepping outside with Roman and Shontia following.

As they made their way through town, Roman began to whistle a tune. Twilight listened intently as he blew each note, but after a few seconds he stopped. “Was that a song from your world?”

Roman looked over at the unicorn. “Yeah, I just needed to do that. Going too long without music messes with my head.”

"Oh yeah, Shontia told me about the devices you use to store music.”

Roman looked over at his friend, “No phone?”

She shook her head, “Nope.”

“Damn.”

The rest of the walk was in relative silence as they arrived at the hospital. The sun had begun to hang lower in the sky as the trio walked into the building. Coming up to the front desk, the unicorn receptionist had her nose in a crossword puzzle and a small pencil in her magic.

“Six letter word for an irregular occurrence,” she muttered to herself.

“Excuse me, but have you-” Twilight was quickly cut off by the mare.

“One minute please!”

As Twilight prepared to object, Roman put a hand on her shoulder and stepped closer to the desk. Reaching out to the book, he covered it with his other hand, causing the receptionist to look up at him in surprise. “Oddity,” he smiled. The mare looked down and quickly jotted down the word before looking back to the group.

Roman stepped back and Shontia spoke, “We hear you have a patient that's like us.”

The mare stared for a second before looking through a chart. Finding the name 'Weird Monkey Thing', she checked the room number. “Your friend is on the third floor in room eleven.”

The teens and unicorn voiced their thanks before heading towards the stairwell. They made it to the floor in no time at all and quickly found the room. The sight within, however, was relief to all of them. Draco lay in a bed, an IV in his wrist and his body propped up on pillows. He was breathing without a machine which was a good sign, but he was out cold. His hoodie had been folded neatly and set on the dresser next to his bed.

Shontia walked over to her longtime friend and knelt by the bed. “You idiot,” she whispered to him, “can't stay out of trouble for long, can you?”

A knock on the door drew their attention as a unicorn dressed as a doctor walked in carrying some charts in his magic. “Are you this one's friends?”

Roman stepped towards the doctor, “His name's Draco. I'm Roman and next to him is Shontia.”

The doctor nodded and levitated the charts to him. “We managed to patch up your friend as best we could. We used magic to reset his ribs so there wouldn't be any need for incisions and accelerated the healing. We also gave him a powerful sedative, so he'll be out until sometime tomorrow.”

Taking the charts Roman nodded, “Thanks doc.” He examined the charts and found a set of x-rays which he held up to the light for inspection. The first was a pre-op picture. “Four broken ribs, six cracked, no puncture wounds or internal bleeding.” He walked over to his unconscious friend and patted him on the head, “I'm surprised AJ didn't break your spine, buddy.”

Taking out the post-op picture, Roman looked over it with awe. The damage seemed almost as if it never happened, “I've gotta hand it to you doc, I think he'll live.”

The doctor smiled, “The two of you can stay in here tonight in case your friend wakes up, there are some extra pillows in the closet.” With that he turned out the door and left.

Twilight looked out the window, seeing the moon coming into view. “I should get going too, will you guys be able to manage?” The two teens nodded as she went over to the closet and took out a pillow for each of them. As she left she closed the door with a “Goodnight.”

Shontia shifted over to the chair next to Drake's bed and set up her pillow against the back. "So what do you think his first reaction will be when he wakes up?" Shontia asked as she took her coat off and used it as a blanket.

Roman tapped his chin as if in deep thought. "Well my guess would be... to kill me at first sight.” He turned off the rooms light and opted to lay down on the floor near the foot of the bed, his trenchcoat acting as his own blanket.

“So what do we do?” Shontia asked, a yawn escaping her mouth.

Roman sighed quietly, “We live, adapt and try to find a way home.”

“Sounds like a plan,” she yawned. A few minutes of silence she drifted off into sleep.

Roman lay on the floor, his eyes eventually closing as well. You know what I just noticed?

“Shut up, I'm sleeping.”

Twilight doesn't have wings...

Author's Note:

Well, here's the first chapter. If you spot anything that I need to fix like grammer or spelling (bare in mind, I live in Canada), just let me know.

Next chapter will be out in a week or so!

(EDIT: Found some logic on Dash's height, fixed that.)
~Tobias