• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 5,259 Views, 171 Comments

Jokers Wild - blowngasket



A vacation for a loyal member of the Equestrian Royal Court leaves the Mane 6 pondering about the odd yet enthusiastic man. Why does he always wear that mask, and what are his true intentions that it hides? (Humanized Ponies Warning)

  • ...
10
 171
 5,259

Teaser: Ace of Hearts

"As I look towards the sky, as the star wink in my direction, I have to wonder..." a sharply dressed man started to speak, his nice black suit and matching fedora complementing his long brown hair quite nicely.

"Seriously, I agree after you spend hours begging me to go be your drinking buddy, and you decide to start a monologue like I am not here. No, I will have none of that!" the interrupting voice came from a man walking alongside him, wearing gold colored armor almost throughout his whole body, except for his head. He pushed his blue hair out of his eyes and just continued to glare at the other man.

"Ya know Shiny, you're a real killjoy. No one ever complained when he did that," the sharp dressed one said. Shiny, or Shining Armor as he was more well known, just gave a sigh and shook his head.

"Well, Cata, he's crazy, so generally people had a tendency of letting him do what he wanted. You, on the other hand, better behave yourself," Shining Armor sighed. Catacomb, the other man, gave his most sincere look that he could muster and grinned. Shining smacked himself in the face and groaned.

---------- ---------- ----------

"So, what is new in your life?" Catacomb asked after taking a shot of the drink in front of him. Shining Armor smiled happily, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Me and Cady are goin to be havin a kid!" Shining said happily as he finished his tenth shot. Catacomb enjoyed having Shining around for these trips. He didn't get to do them often, and the man was just so full of love, that he didn't mind if Catacomb used a little bit of it for an appetizer. Looking around the bar, Catacomb could only sigh.

"I wish others were as happy as you, Shiny," Catacomb sighed. Shining gave him a puzzling look as Catacomb made a nudging motion to a couple at a table, laughing and drinking. "You see them? Though they look happy, it is an act. The man's love for her has all but dried up, though he isn't without it. He has probably had someone on the side for some time now. The woman has realized it already. She just refuses to believe it, thinking that it might still work. It is quite sad really. Sometimes it just doesn't work out."

"You always act so deep when you talk like that, but I know you all too well," Shining said, a slight grin on his face. "You're just thinking of a way to bank on the woman aren't you..."

"Yup," Catacomb responded enthusiastically. "Though I am not sure if I am hungry for rekindled romance, or a one night stand revenge fling. Both are pretty good," Catacomb grinned back. "A changelings gotta eat, ya know?"

Comments ( 37 )

a story about catacomb would be interesting. so here is a down payment of :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Hmmm this seems interesting. I only have one question, will this be a sequel or a spinoff?

2317105 a bit of both. Perry will be in it, though he won't be the focus of it this time around.

2317184
Huh, guess I'll have to keep an eye on this then.:moustache::moustache::moustache:

You had me liking this guy at fedora

2320312 Glad to know you enjoyed it. I still am shocked to this day at the positive response I have gotten. I hope you will look forward to my next tale as well.

2488710 I am glad you are enjoying it :twilightsmile: And yes, being bored is indeed boring.

2490271 Thank you. I am planning on going through sometime and just giving it a tune up. Keep on enjoying it though and I hope its good for you till the end.

Dude. Excellent story. I read it over the past 2 days or so. And there's a sequel :pinkiehappy:

Apart from a few spelling and grammatical errors it was written rather well.

2738584 for lack of a better term, yes, he is a bit screwed up in the head

2927398 As odd as that sentence sounds, technically it is correct by use of the comma. Again, just odd, but you can thank the ridiculousness of the English language for that.

Yes...I might have did that on purpose...though I regret nothing.

Can't believe I never noticed that little screw up about the upstairs. Fixed and thank you for letting me know.

3477499 A black hole is all the mass of a star (At first,It gets bigger and bigger) Condensed into something that could be the size of a pinprick,a baseball,Or anything else (Hard to observe how big they are,They fuck up light pretty badly)

3477509 Sounds like about as much as I know then. Silly stars and their desire to take everything with them when they die.

3477552 Thats why i hope that Celly doesnt kick the bucket,Cause then flutters,Dashie,Pinks,Twi,Rares,AJ,Spikey,Cadey,Scratchy,Tavi and everyone else is screwed

3477556 sound logic. I also couldn't imagine the effects the moon going away would cause on the tides and overall ecosystem. Probably why equestria is so peaceful, at least in canon. (Us crazy nutjobs and our desire to stir things up. Shame on us.) If they were to go, everyone else would surely follow, so everyone generally avoids causing too much trouble.

3477566 Admittedly though,If Tia and Lulu are linked to them as if they were extra limbs.......Tia getting laid might be a rather obvious event

3477572 That is a strange thought, to say the least. One of those questions best left unanswered I would think. \

3477597 It'd still be funny to watch a 'solar flare' as it were

3477600 Didn't want to be the one to make the joke, but I should have known better than to assume it would go untold. Talk about a weird tangent. Black holes to Celestia's mating habits. Definitely a new one in my book.

3477607 Suprisingly,It isnt the first time its happened for me

3477609 I should know beter by now than to ask, but how often do black holes come up in a conversation where you can sidetrack it towards 'solar flares'?

3477619 So far,About eight separate times....But whos counting?

3477620 Who is counting indeed. :trollestia:

3477631 Though itd go up to seventeen if i could count 'lunar eclipses'

This story has officially been graded a Turquoise by The Gem Hunters.

Been thinking about this story recently and I just finished reading it a third time.

Really like the Perriot idea. If only there were more stories like this...

3840951 :twilightoops: Three times? I don't know whether to be weirded out or honored...so I'll go with the latter. :twilightsheepish:

Thank you very much for the comment, though. :twilightsmile: Joking aside, I can't help but smile knowing someone read it more than once. I don't know if you looked at any of the others in the series, don't really have a straight name for it yet, but he is still an important main character, even if he isn't the focus.

4309147 Essentially, most of the sentient species with intelligence enough to communicate are human, with exception to changelings, or other far out creatures like breezies if I ever felt the need to include them. And yes, meat is consumed, just so you know.

Edit: Skin color has always been an odd one, so many different debates stemming into race and such. As for the humans in human equestria, think equestria has always been like this. Parallel universe that flows along similar timelines.

5008647 I can't see a reason to disagree. Thank you for your insight. :twilightsmile:

5008717 Seen stranger. Heck, my pal just got engaged, and as the best man, I am allowed to go in full plate armor. Completely normal wedding, usual tux's and such, except for me. In return, if i die first, he promised to go to my funeral dressed as the grim reaper. :pinkiehappy:

5658934

No. Besides looking different, it is simply a birth mark and holds no special power. I was dreading the day where that question arose :facehoof:

There were a few mistakes (missing letters, using the wrong words like 'of' instead of the needed 'off', or 'my' instead of 'by', things like that.), but over all, it was pretty good. On to the sequel!

Oh, I forgot! I also had the 'Human' filter applied!

6688248 It's fine. I understand the trials and tribulations that is being responsible so you won't hear me complain.

Login or register to comment