• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

Our Soul Friendships - Motion Reflux



The world is changing, cast glaces between the eyes of many. I've only known this through my friends... my friends...

  • ...
 2
 393

Loyal Opposites - Chapter 13 - Positive

Positive
____

It had been a month that already passed by without effort in Skyfell. The North and West towers were glistening brighter than the sky-bridges and the other two towers in the city for some odd reason. Even the inhabitants of the two shining towers are acting more... happier... more lively...

They are acting much nicer!

But it was strange because the other two corners of the city and those who walked along the sky-bridges were still in a state of conflict and rivalry and no pony still knows why this is. Those who live in the East and South districts aren't as joyful as some pony like Pinkie Pie, they were downright depressive, angry, or even just plain rude.

Motion Reflux walked along the bridge towards the Southern District of Skyfell, passing a series of unconscious ponies along the way. He really didn't notice the lack of disrespect towards him anymore because he's gotten so used to it, but he wasn't used to the fact that some ponies are actually warming up to him now...

=Flashback=

"Come on Flux!" the persistent yellow mare pulled at his foreleg and dragged him with her enhanced strength, managing easily to tug him into the sky in the area of the Northern District as she shouted, "There's something we need to talk about!"

"Why can't we talk here?" he asked as he centered his weight downward, making it harder for her to lift him. "This is a special place that I just remembered about moments ago! It's a place old friends of mine used to hang out and I want to show you it and talk to you about something else I remembered there!" she tugged harder, "Come ooon!"

He gave out a soft sigh and finally stopped resisted her efforts, letting her carry him awkwardly by the foreleg into the sky. Something was different as he looked around, it was much brighter than before. Much more beautiful. He looked up to the top of the tower and saw something he'd never seen before, a miniature tower with a platform on top.

Was that where he was being carried to? He wondered and pondered but got no answer, so instead he late fate decide if that would happen.

So it did and as they landed on the smaller platform he got a hold of standing once more to finally look around. The sights weren't much but easily the things he could spot was a staircase on the end of one side, railing the surrounded the platform, and a table with seven chairs sitting tucked into it.

He looked over and something odd stuck out to him; all the other chairs were clean and kept except for one last chair sitting by itself, it was webbed and dark colored.

It felt ominous like somepony he had just recently met.

The sound of a blade being extended was heard and he turned around to see Swiftshock holding out her weapon to the sky. "We have company." she said as a fiery hawk dove down at them.

"W-What is that?!" he jumped backwards in shock, not knowing what to do in a moment like this. "That's a rare fire demigod, Deceit!" she shouted as she took a step back in preparation for a counter-attack, her eyes glued onto her target.

"A Demigod?!" Motion Reflux shouted as he dove beside Swiftshock, rearing himself for a battle.

"Pesky Ponies..." a humble yet deep voice spoke. The flaming hawk, Deceit, landed onto the table after slowing down what seemed to be an impossible speed to break from. "You must be Motion Reflux." the hawk looked at him, "Allow me to introduce myself properly, My name is Deceit and I'm here to speak to you."

He turned his head slightly and looked at Swiftshock, "But not you."

She gave a huff, nodded and then flew off the side of the platform to shout, "Come see me at the mansion when you're done, Ninny-colt."

Motion Reflux turned his attention towards the burning demigod in front of him. "So you're what all this fuss is about?" the hawk looked at him. "You look so weak, so hopeless, yet even in your soul I see torn scars and brittle hope. But I do see a painful and unbreakable loyalty." the demigod spread his wings, "So truly you are the element to saving this land from itself, you've brought back two others already and are getting so close to the end."

The blue pegasus nodded and then said, "If I may ask, why is your name Deceit?"

The hawk looked away and closed his eyes. "It's a long story, are you sure you want to hear it?"

Motion Reflux gave a small nod and sat down in a sky blue chair, tucking himself snug against the table. "Let's see... let's start at part of the beginning then..." the hawk thought out a moment and then bluntly stated, "I am the creation of cracks between friendships."

"I can see past a ponys soul and into their weaknesses, what makes them tick or what really pains them. The master of betrayal and the master at deceiving. I know that telling you these first few points could make you not to believe what I was saying earlier and I understand, I've grasped my way out of the darkness because of friendship and I learned not to be so dark, even though my name continues to stay I use my abilities to help close a scar..." the demigod hawk explained.

The bird looked at the pegasus and said, "I am the embodiment of kindness in its darkest form, cruelty; I was born after the events of Discord's return and created as a form that holds a great burden for the good a ponykind."

The blue stallion looked down, his hair covering most of his face as he kept on listening.

"There are five more like me, five others that were created the same way but they are formed differently. We have seen what holds the future and have sought a battle that cannot be avoided."

"I, deceit, am the hawk."
"Self, is the dragon."
"False, is the owl."
"Feint, is the lion."
"Tear, is the fox."
"Memory, is the shadow."

"You will meet us all in due time, but I think for now you should go and seek out your friend. I think she's waiting for you in that place she calls a mansion, probably with anger and hate held close to her heart from our encounter." the hawk looked over towards the sky, "But I can understand, because I've deceived her kindness, one final thing I can tell you is that the embodiment of her ghostly friend wasn't just because of loss. Magic still cannot be conjured up that easily by a non-unicorn."

"It was because I helped her create him and in return she gave me part of her soul as per contract... The whole story of her 'lost love' is made up but she will always believe it. Once the being was destroyed by you, she gained back that lost part of her searching soul that had raged in a flurry of fluxuation in this district. Each of us stole part of a ponys soul and now I must warn you that the next is going to be a harsh problem to solve. Feint isn't an easily won over demigod amongst us and we know that only he had the strength to take control over parts of two ponies souls." the fiery hawk spread his wings and leapt into the air, shouting, "But since you were able to fix Self and I, you might find us to help you in your time of need. I must tell you now though that only whoever we had contract signed with are the only ones that can summon us, you must find the one out of the six of us that you are able to summon... and you cannot tell anybody about this talk..."

The flaming hawk dove downwards into the sky and dissappeared from sight with only a ripple in space that sealed itself up afterwards being sighted. Motion Reflux took this as his time to return to his marefriend before she began to get testy and violent and so, he backflipped off the platform and flew quickly back to the Northern District mansion.

"Six Elemental Demigods..." he pondered to himself as he flew.

=End Flashback=

"It has to do with something about souls and certain ponies" he thought to himself as he hopped off the edge of the bridge and began soaring back to the mansion in the North District. "She hasn't even told me what she wanted to talk about before..." he remembered.

He landed in front of the doors of the large home that belonged to Swiftshock and a message was posted on it.

Meet me at the Twirling Tower~<3"

This beautious writing could only tell him that it was Swiftshock who had written it so he took the note in his forehoof, spreading his wings and flapping them with much strength in one movement which took him into the skies quickly and efficiently, leading into him soaring to the meeting location.

The sky was clear and the wind brisk as it fled across his cheeks as he flew the distance up the tower speedily.

Once he rounded past the railing on the platform of the tower he saw Swiftshock sitting on a bright yellow chair, leaning back and sipping tea from a teacup. She looked over at him.

"Yo, Ninny-colt!" she shouted and put down the teacup on the table, positioning herself so into a regular seated pony stance instead of some laid back position that some pony in Ponyville did.

"Hey Swift." he replied as he landed; he walked up to the table and sat on the blue seat as an obvious question finally popped into his mind. "Swiftshock... why are there seven seats up here anyways?" he asked, his nose curled back slightly from not asking it sooner.

She recoiled and dipped her head down a bit, after a moment passed she looked back at him and said, "I don't truly remember all the details... but right now we're here so I can tell you something that I do remember now, Ninny-colt."

Swiftshock spread her wings majestically and turned her view, "A few days after remembering and befriending Discovery, I remembered a bit of my past..."

She looked down, her eyes half closed as she spoke, "I remember a fight between close friends... which broke apart what should've been an everlasting bond between intertwined souls."

A tear seeped down her cheek and fell off her chin. "I can't remember anything after that... not even who else other than me was in it and what the reason was for the fight."

She raised a forehoof high and then let it fall hard onto the table with a BANG! "...Something that I've never told anypony... Fluxxy... I've always wanted to run away... A flight from my problems..."

Her wings began to glow a bright luminescent white; Motion Reflux turned his head towards the sky and saw Deceit flying up above, slightly transparent but still visible enough for the naked eye.

"Fluxxy... Ninny-colt... Flux... never leave me like my friends did... promise me... promise me that..." her eyes began to glow an even brighter red, "...or I promise you that your end will come soon... because... because I love you... I love you so much... I can't handle if you ever left me... I won't... I need you..."

She began to shake gently as she began to stand up, it looked like she couldn't even keep her own balance. She spoke quickly, "I've never felt like this before... why now...? It feels like something lost has been returned to me... something that I never knew I could ever gain back..."

Her soul... Deceit is giving back the lost part of her soul... maybe it'll contain the truths that she's forgotten for all those years...

She passed out and Motion Reflux was on the other end of the table so he couldn't possibly reach her in time to catch her as she fell. Deceit the flaming hawk swooped down and caught her head on his back, slowly landing on the ground and shifting his weight so he didn't snap her head by accident.

"Deceit..." Motion Reflux gasped quietly.

The hawk looked at him and with a faint smile, "My job here in this world is finally done... Goodbye Motion Reflux, may we meet again." the fading demigod looked at Swiftshock and whispered, "...and may my new master call me in times of dire need."

The flames dissapated and the hawk disintegrated into ash, the true element now shining brightly past her darkness.

Swiftshock lay there for a minute, passed out on the platform and Motion Reflux waited, hoping she would get up soon.

And so she did.

She opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at her coltfriend, her special somepony, her Fluxxy. "We're going to see a dragon soon, Flux." she stated to him as she stood up slowly, her legs visually weak in this moment.

"A dragon named..." she was interrupted by him as he said, "Self?"

"Yes!" she smiled gladly; "Intelligence aside because I know you don't have much of it, Fluxxy, Let's go see Discovery soon."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment