• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

Our Soul Friendships - Motion Reflux



The world is changing, cast glaces between the eyes of many. I've only known this through my friends... my friends...

  • ...
 2
 393

Thundering Kindness - Chapter 6 - Conduct

Conduct

"Hey Ninny-colt!" a familiar voice shook the drowsy body of Motion Reflux, he had a few days of rest in his room already with a few visits from Soft Spoken as well as some nurse ponies in regular checkups. His awkward bandaging from before had been replaced with properly wrapped bandaging that had been done by one of the nurse ponies that had entered the room.

He turned his head and growled gently, his eyes opened to see Swiftshock laying right beside him, he took dropped his head back onto the pillow and closed his eyes once more. "Hey Swiftshock" he said unamused, "What brings you here?" he took in a deep breath and continued, "Also... how did you even know I was here?"

She smiled happily, her eyes closed in delight but her face turned from bright to serious as she said, "Well it's not like I wanted to visit you or anything, you know, I thought I would be a nice gesture to see how you're doing." she booped his head gently with her hoof, "The Northern District seems so much brighter now with what you've done." she looked away and closed her eyes, "I just want to... you know... Thank you for... for uhm... for saving me..." she opened her eyes and smiled brightly, "I really, really do thank you, Ninny-colt!~"

The blade that was sheathed underneath her hoof extended out as she put it up to his neck, grinning evily, "I'll make your death quick and painless..." she retracted the blade and hugged him tightly, flapping her wings in joy! Her mane brushed against his face, causing him to sneeze gently. She giggled at his cute sneeze and rolled ontop of his back, nuzzling into his mane like an overly obsessed marefriend, whispering, "If you ever leave me... you better watch every corner of the streets because I'll come for you..." and she giggled seriously, her eyes glowing a sharp red.

"Never leave me."

His right eye sparked magically like something inside him just clicked. He flapped his wings and asked, "Hey Swift, can you get off my back now?" he turned his head to see her with one eye, "I also think I need some alone time now... maybe visit tomorrow because the nurse ponies said I should be well enough to travel around again by then."

She nodded reluctantly and hovered off of him and off the bed, nuzzling him gently, winking and speaking in a soft tone, "I'll see you later then...~" and then she walked out of the room, slamming the door closed behind her as if she was angry. He took in a deep breath and let out a gentle sigh, rubbing his back with a forehoof and rolling over to look towards the ceiling. He heaved himself off the bed, limping slightly towards the table and sitting on the chair that was beside it. His leg felt so much better now that somepony had healed it, but he doesn't know who did so; at least all he has to worry about now is his hurting back.

He looked over to the bed and thought to himself that maybe some more rest until tomorrow will lighten up his mood much more than how he feels right now. He lightly flapped his wings and gently hovered as carefully as he could, setting himself on the bed and letting the side of his head fall back onto his pillow. He closed his eyes and quickly fell into a silent sleep.

-

The day he left home was the greatest day of his life, no more sheltering and no more hateful and abusive words laid against him. He wanted to forget and so he did, he hovered gently with his little wings and roamed towards the general direction of Cloudsdale. He did his studying and he knew which way to go and where he was running away to. Leaving no evidence behind and leaving no trace of himself, he fled.

Loneliness was a company he grew used to and he wasn't too afraid of being by himself in a world of strangers. His small wings were tired out and he panted gently, he wasn't too used to flying for such a long time so he hovered down and landed beside a tree, laying down to take a small rest. It'll be awhile before he can reach Cloudsdale so it was better that he took his time, he had the advantage of sensing motion so he knew when to hide. He closed his eyes and took a nap, his small body snuggled up against the tree he lain beside.
-

Time passed by quickly with a new day arising off the horizon. Motion Reflux woke up groggily, facing upwards he rubbed his eyes with his forehooves and then opened them.

This isn't the castle...

It wasn't the castle in the slightest, the walls were made of solid marble and the floor was carpeted, the bed was large and could accommodate two ponies and it itself wasn't made of clouds like his bed in the castle. The bed was made of fabrics and wood, he was also tucked into a blanket on the bed as he surveyed his surroundings.

He wondered where he was and he rolled to his side to see the empty spot with the blanket draped off the bed messily as it wasn't fixed. He pushed away the covers and hopped off the bed, standing easily on his legs for the first time in a couple of days. His back wasn't hurting as much as before which was a plus, but he still needed to figure out where he is.

His attention immediately turned to the closed double door on the opposing side of the room, opposite to the beds position. He felt the motion of somepony walking towards the door.

The doors slowly opened... "Heya Ninny-colt!" was the happy sound that came out from the door. Swiftshock walked through the door and giggled, her ears flapping in visible joy to see her friend awake. Motion Reflux exhaled a gentle breath that he was holding in, he knew where he was now. Swiftshock turned in a full quick circle, brushing her tail against his face on purpose and afterwards saying, "The princess said that you could stay here now! Isn't that wonderful?" her gaze immediately changed to anger, "I didn't want you here though, just think of it like a friendly gesture." she said in a hazy tone. She pounced onto and wrapped her hooves around his neck in a happy hug, smiling once more.

"Yeah... okay..." he brushed his forehoof against her soft pink mane and then escaped from her embrace. He flipped and then hovered in the air, "So you wanna do anything now that I can move about on my own?" he rolled his eyes and looked away, "That and the fact you essentially took me here beyond my will, which I forgive, but anyways...?"

She hopped, "Let's go visit the top platform! That's where the whole of the city is truly located!". He nodded and she gleefully cheered, "Let's go then!"

They both exited the room, Swiftshock following behind Motion Reflux. They had a quick breakfast in the dining room that she had already made before he was awake and then departed the mansion to the large top platform that was hidden above the clouds by flying to it.

It was a bright and sunny day, the snow glided gently along the air and shimmered gently in the Northern District, the sun seemed like it was growing stronger when you tried looking up towards it past the mist of white flakes from the sky.

-

There were hoofsteps and with a quick nudge of motion, the small pegasus woke up and rolled into a nearby bush. It looked like a normal earth pony going for a jog, he saw when he poked his head out of the bush when she passed by. He let out a gentle sigh and picked up his bag of belongings, continuing his trek to run away from home.

He looked both ways to make sure nopony was around and then he quickly hovered upwards and glided forwards. Flying a few meters forwards he landed and gently plucked a feather off his wing, laying it on the ground. He wanted to hide his tracks and lead anypony searching for him, off the track. Bending down, he inhaled and then blew the air out against the small blue feather, sending it flying away into another location.

Now he had to just get away from the place he once lived in, there was no point in remenescing about a city that he wasn't appreciated in so he took off towards Cloudsdale.
-

=Arc - Thundering Kindness - End=

Author's Note:

Now, what you just seen here is a -break- chapter.

Break chapters are short and signify the ending of an arc.
Right here is a break chapter and the chapter after this will begin with a new arc.