• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,335 Views, 105 Comments

Equestrian Wars - Saacsa



A man is teleported from his death into the war-torn world of Equestria to fight the Changelings and take back the land.

  • ...
23
 105
 2,335

Referance Page (SPOILERS TO MY STORY AS WELL AS THE HOBBIT, DOCTOR WHO, LOTR, HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA, AND SOUL EATER)

1: Titanic. Underlying theme of "Must Be Repaid" when he is talking to Twilight. Metaphorically, Twilight sunk his boat with the fact that she stole him from his home to fight a war he had no business in. His name is Jack. And the line, "She finished we an icy edge that could pierce titanium." should've been a dead giveaway.

2: Alien Vs. Predator: "Must Be Repaid". "In that case. Lets go on a bug hunt!" I yelled into the crowd and they exploded in cheers of excitement and happiness.

3: Dead Space 2: Security Suit helmet with Elite Suite body with obvious color changes. "Must Be Repaid". "Bands of metal striped in V shapes across the armor in the moderately same style as the Twilight's. I was stunned as I scanned the jet black suit. The only way any of the ponies would have been able to see me in that thing at night was the fact that neon lime green streaks came up in between the plates. Then my eyes made their way to the top where the helmet was and I frowned." and "Like the rest of the armor, it had metal plates and was completely black. But the plates were less spaced out and looked like they could click into place. Holy shit, that would be awesome. What had confused me about my sight was the visor. It came down in the shape of two wide V's and glowed a bright neon green like the rest of the suit."

4: Montely Crue, Kickstart My Heart: "Suited Up". "My eyes widened and adrenaline kick-started my heart." I mean come on, I could have used any phrase, but I chose that one :P

4 1/2 (Cause I'm lazy and forgot to add this earlier): Doctor Who: "Suited Up". knocked in a pattern of four three times, instantly reminding me of Doctor Who.

5: Turn The Page (Preferably Metallica version): "Explanations and Preparations". My mind began to wander, after all, there wasn't much to do. Original Lyrics: "But your thoughts will soon be wandering the way they always do. When you're riding sixteen hours and there's nothing much to do."

6: Oasis, Champagne Supernova: "Friends Through Bloodshed". I said and felt the anger finally explode like a supernova in the sky. I dashed forward and grabbed the leader by the throat, only to be bucked in the side and out of the tent. For a second, my world was a haze. It was like I had downed a rather large bottle of champagne. Original Lyrics: "Some day you will find me. Caught beneath the landslide. In a champagne supernova in the sky."

7: Pendragon Book Series: "Friends Through Bloodshed". "Well... What are we still doing here? We have three hours to storm the castle, kill Chrysalias, and get Celestia back to her body. And so we go!" I said and walked out of the tent with a small smile, accompanied by Twilight, Ditzy, and Fluttershy. Bobby Pendragon says this before hopping into flumes or doing important things. (If you haven't read the books, I highly recommend you give them a read. They're amazing.)

8: Braveheart: "War". "We must let our enemies know that they may take our lives, but what they'll never take, is our freedom!" Luna shouted. No. Freaking. Way. She made a Braveheart ending to her speech! In the exact words! To top it all off, the crowd shouted "Equestria forever!" ...I really hope I don't have to explain it XD

9: Doctor Who: "War". The soldiers exploded in cheering, but instantly went silent when I held up my hand. When he holds up his hand and quiets things. I'm sure my fellow Whovians remember.

10 & 11: Alice in Wonderland (Movie) and Brutal Legend (Video game): "War". So, how I see it..." I smiled lightly at the thought that crossed my mind, "OFF WITH HER HEAD!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and brought my fist down with my index and pinkie finger jutting out towards the Changeling army, successfully creating the symbol for Rock and Roll. Alice in Wonderland should be obvious, but the Brutal Legend one is where he signals his soldiers to attack in the stage battles.

12: Drowning Pool, Bodies: "War". "Let the bodies hit the floor..." I said with a smile at the old song that played in my head. It was kind of morbid, but it felt right nonetheless. Original Lyrics: "Let the bodies hit the floor."

13: Metallica, Broken Beat and Scarred: "War." "After our little showdown, I was left broken, beat, and scarred! I decided that I had only one option. I went to her majesty, Chrysalias, and she gave me power. So. Much. POWER!" He screamed into my face, then calmed himself down a notch. Original Lyrics: "Broken Beat and Scarred. But we die hard."

14: Diamond Head, Am I Evil: "War". "So now I bet you're wondering. Am I evil? Your answer," He paused and got extremely close to my eye with his. "Yes I am." He whispered, then cackled malevolently and then began to charge up a massive magical blast. Original Lyrics: "Am I evil? Yes I am. Am I evil? I am man."

15: Christopher Titus, Norman Rockwell Is Bleeding (Stand Up Comedy): "Defeat In Victory". Or as George would so elegantly put it, 'getting shacked up in the whacko-basket'. I chucked lightly at the thought.

16: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: "Defeat In Victory". "NO!" Applejack bellowed in deafening rage. She bucked the Changeling's head so hard that it flew all the way back to the front line, landing in a hole. And thus, the game of Golf in Equestria was invented. The body stood there for a second, then convulsed and collapsed in a black heap.

17: Doctor Who: "Defeat In Victory". "Ah-Ah don't wanna go..." Was all she could get out before the green orb consumed her, exploding in light. It was the line the Tenth Doctor uttered before he exploded in light, starting his regeneration to Eleven.

18: Aerosmith, Dream On: "Defeat In Victory". "I live and learn from fools and from sages. And you, my dear Chrysie, are a fool." I said and pressed the gun to her head. Her eyes widened and her pupils shrank to the size of peas. I pulled the trigger. Original Lyrics: "Half my life's in books' written pages. Live and learn from fools and from sages. You know it's true."

19: Lord Of The Rings, Fellowship of the Rings: "Defeat In Victory". "And so..." She said as her pupils dilated, "I am..." Her voice faded as her head fell back. I let go of her body, letting it fall to the ground. As she fell, a massive shock wave emanated from her, causing all of the Changelings that were fighting to fall to the ground. Dead. It looked exactly like when Isildur killed Sauron in the beginning of The Fellowship Of The Ring from the Lord Of The Rings series.

20: Offspring, You're Gonna Go Far Kid: "The End...". "Hey, Dash." I said gingerly. She stopped mid-step, still looking towards the door. "It's a nice job you did, getting Fluttershy back. You've gone pretty far, kid. Keep on trucking." She turned back to me with a weak smile. Original Lyrics: "It's a nice job you did. You're gonna go far kid."

21: Hotel Transylvania (So fucking cliche it hurt): "The End...". "Dinky, the other reason I choose to stay was because of you. I couldn't leave you alone after all this shit. It wouldn't be fair. Not to mention, I think we Zinged." I said with a light chuckle. "Zinged?" She asked. "Love at first sight." I explained. She smiled at the cliche statement.

22: The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim: "The End...". He held a small, black walking cane with a golden wolf head on top that reminded me of a ring from a certain enjoyable video game that use to be my pastime before joining the military. It is Hircine's Ring, the one you get from Sinding in Falkreach that allows infinite Werewolf transformations per day.

23: Megadeth, A Tout Le Monde: "Is Where It Begins". "I can't say that I am, honey." She said with a painful smile. She then looked beyond her family and into her friends. "To all my friends, though I love you dearly, I must leave. I won't return either, and for that, I am sorry." Original Lyrics: "A tout le monde (To all the world). A tout mes amis (To all my friends). Je vous aime (I love you). Je dois partir (I have to leave)"

24: Haddaway, What Is Love (Baby Don't Hurt Me): "Is Where It Begins". "Tell me, if you please? What is love?" I asked, leaning in intimidatingly. "D-Don't hurt me!" He said, pupils shrinking in fear. Original Lyrics: "What is love? Baby, don't hurt me."

25: Doom 3: "The Big Picture". "Gengena became furious that her plan was ruined, so, she took it out on Tangi. She used her rage filled, insanity induced powers to invade the realm of Humanity with her twisted, malicious creatures. There a brave human there, one to stop the outrageous blight. Your great, great grandson. I think some of his friends called him 'Fly', but its irrelevant." Flynn, or 'Fly', was the characters name from the books, and this was the beginning of the Doom 3 crossover part.

26: Dragon Ball Z, TFS Abridged: "Discorded Events". "Discord." The aforementioned pony clearly commanded. The massive doors to the outside opened without the necessary access codes. Before I could ask, Twilight did it for me. "What? How did you do that?" "Do what?" He asked innocently. "You know what!" She said sternly, "This is top notch security." "It just knows better." He smirked with an awfully creepy laugh that sent shivers down my spine. We continued to where Dash said she would be, the training grounds, but didn't find her there. When Popo and Bulma are trying to get to the ship to get Goku (I think).

27: Doctor Who: "Discorded Events". "Because once a door is opened, it may be stepped through in either direction. And if I'm correct on my history, Luna showed you what became of Canterlot, but you went through her other memories as well." He said in a typical Trottingham accent, then frowned. "Oh blast! Did I... What year is it?" He asked suddenly at first, but ended with innocence. Twilight gave him a look of familiarity. The Girl In The Fireplace episode, with Madame De Pompadour.

28: Doctor Who (My Doctor Whooves: A Journey fanfic linked into it): "Discorded Events". Twilight gave him a look of familiarity. "Uh... Um... It's 2012." Twilight answered like something from a long time ago sunk in, inciting a sigh of relief from the mysterious stallion. "Oh, and by the way, it's good to see you again." She winked. "And, by the way, avoid a cross-eyed, grey Pegasus with a blonde mane at any costs." "Ah! Spoilers. Anyways, I'll be off! Allons-y!" He shouted and galloped in the opposite direction. I opened my mouth to shout after him and raised my index finger, but lowered my finger and closed my mouth. I repeated the process twice before shaking my head.

29: Doctor Who: "Discorded Events". "Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey." I said with a smirk. I could swear I had heard the brown stallion burst into laughter from across town. Flynn shook his head to rid it of confusion.

30: Nickleback, Rockstar: "A New Comrade". "Right. Because we have such an abundant supply on us." Sarcasm over flowing in her voice. "What are we going to need?" "A credit card that has no limit." Azuro joked. Rainbow Dash looked thoroughly confused, but Flynn and I let out a chuckle as we got it. "Wait... We have better! An Alicorn." He deadpanned. There was a bright, yellow flash and a very large crash. Original Lyrics: "Whatcha need?" "Imma need a credit card that's got no limit."

31: Megadeth, Sweating Bullets: "A New Comrade". "Hello me... Meet the real me. And my misfits way of life. A dark black past is my. Most valued possession. Hindsight is always 20-20. But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. Speak of mutually assured destruction? Nice story ... Tell it to Reader's Digest!" Exact Lyrics.

32: Soul Eater: "The Final Battle". "My blood is black, ya know." She said softly before bolting at me in the blink of an eye. One word, Corona.

33: The Amazing Spiderman: "The Final Battle". "Alas! You have found my one weakness!" She spoke in faux-desperation, "Not daring!" She melodramatically stated, then began to laugh maniacally.

34: Supernatural: "The Beginning of a New Life". “I’m gonna work on figuring that one out myself…” I said, rubbing the back of my head as my eyes adjusted. I was finally able to get a look at the stallion that saved my ass. He was a light brown color with a dark brown mane that parted along a horn. It waved over to each side, accenting his groomed stubble and vivid brown eyes. So yeah, he was brown. “I’ll make sure Celestia and Luna get good word of you. Which reminds me, what’s your name?” I asked. “Doctor Sexy.”

35: The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim: "The Beginning of a New Life". “I use to be a man of reason like you, then I took a Ponyland to the everything.” I laughed. Original saying, "I use to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee."

36: Family Guy: "The Beginning of a New Life". “That’s nasty.” I heard Flynn say, sounding remarkably like Cleveland.

37: Forrest Gump: "The Beginning of a New Life". “Home.” Azuro simply answered, causing me to frown. Oh well, everyone’s got their own box of chocolates at home. Never know who's gonna stay. Besides, Flynn wouldn’t exist if he had stayed. So yeah, for the best. Azuro’s new horn touched my skull and magic seeped into my skull, shifting through my entire body to root out the source that had saved my life. Soon, it was withdrawn and Azuro looked like he’d seen a ghost. Original lines: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Author's Note:

Well, those are all the references. Stay Brony, my friends.

Comments ( 5 )

dude the fuck was that

4796155 Those were the references I made during the story, in case anyone didn't catch some of them.

o ok also found the song for this

do a sequel where dinky is pregnant and have him turn back to his alicorn form

4840826 I can not confirm nor deny a future slice of life sequel to this :trollestia:

Login or register to comment