• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,336 Views, 105 Comments

Equestrian Wars - Saacsa



A man is teleported from his death into the war-torn world of Equestria to fight the Changelings and take back the land.

  • ...
23
 105
 2,336

The Beginning of a New Life

My eyes fluttered open… I think. I couldn’t tell due to the fact that it was pitch black. I also noticed that it was getting a little hard to breathe. Naturally, I panicked. What would you have done if you woke up in a dark place and found that it was hard to breathe? Did I mention that I hurt? Like, everywhere. Farthermore, it stunk like rotting flesh and was oddly sticky. As I shifted my body, my skin was pulled to the material. Rubber. Oh god, I was naked. When I got out of there, I was going to kill somebody. After my already shallow breathing calmed, I figured out where I was. A bodybag. Great. I tried brute force at first, attempting to simply explode out of that death-ridden bag. Obviously, that failed. Miserably, I might add. So the next thing on my to-do list was to wonder why the hell I was in the musty sack anyway. I mean, I was obviously still alive. The third thing was to, predictably, call out for somebody.

“Hey! Dickbags! What the hell!?” My muffled and hoarse voice didn’t echo. So I wasn’t in an inclosed space, more good news. “Um, hello!? Get me out of this thing!” I yelled. Nothing. I growled in frustration and amplified my voice, attempting to roll. “It’s getting a little hard to breathe! Twilight?! Dinky?! Luna?! FUCKING AZURO?! ANYBODY?!” I shouted, starting up a snowball style roll to… Somewhere. Suddenly, I felt weightless. The sensation dropped my stomach, but I bent rather hard a few seconds later, grunting in pain as I made contact with some narrow, metal object, which I promptly slid off of and busted my everything on some tile or something. My claustrophobia was getting the better of me. I needed out right then and there. I began to let the fear motivate my body to free itself of its prison, because there is no better motivator than your fear. No matter what, I could not find a way out, nor force one. Now, I’ve faced bullets, lasers, beasts, queens, demons, magic, and even a lord of existence, but I will outright say that being that puny bag with a dwindling oxygen supply made me absolutely terrified.

“What the..?” A voice said from nearby.

“H-Hey! I-In here!” I yelled between hyperventilating.

“How in Tartarus.?!” The voice exclaimed in shock. And now I was seeing spots.

“Doesn’t… Matter… Need… Air…” I gasped as I heard the sound of hoofsteps moving towards the bag cautiously.

Take your sweet fucking time, jackass. It’s not like I’m actually dying here or anything. I would’ve said it, but the fact that I could barely breathe at this point told me to conserve the oxygen. A small blade finally broke through the bodybag, stopping centimeters from my left eye.

“Watch it!” I shouted, fearing for my sight. That was definitely worth the oxygen it cost at that point. The blade retracted to where it hardly broke the rubber and continued down the length of the bag, letting cool air and sweet oxygen wash over me. I sighed in relief and burst from the bag, gasping heavily yet still blind from the sudden, stark light attacking my eyes.

“Thank… You…” I said between gasps, beginning to relax on the cold tile. After a minute, my savior spoke.

“How’re your alive?” The stallion asked in bewilderment.

“I’m gonna work on figuring that one out myself…” I said, rubbing the back of my head as my eyes adjusted. I was finally able to get a look at the stallion that saved my ass. He was a light brown color with a dark brown mane that parted along a horn. It waved over to each side, accenting his groomed stubble and vivid brown eyes. So yeah, he was brown. “I’ll make sure Celestia and Luna get good word of you. Which reminds me, what’s your name?” I asked.

“Doctor Sexy.”

“...”

“...”

“...”

I shit you not. This assholes name was Doctor Mother-Fucking sexy. Doctor. Sexy. As I tried to wrap my mind around, he continued.

“How in Tartarus are you alive?” Doctor Sexy; oh god, I still laugh when I write that name; commented.

“Um,” I coughed, “I’ve walked off worse?” I shrugged, my voice still in shock at his name. I met Doctor Sexy. Now, I can die happy.

“Let’s get you to the Princess, she’ll be able to work some magic on you so we can figure out what’s going on.” The brown Unicorn said as he led me through the building.

“Weird, I figured your magic would be good enough.” I smirked, dying on the inside.

“Oh no, Doctor Sexy can only do so much magic.” He said, ignorant of my reference. Of course he wouldn’t get it. Fuckin’ ponies, man. As we made our, strangely long, way through the facility, I decided it’d be great to know how the fight went.

“So, how did the battle play out?” I asked.

“Well, after you died, everypony that was alive went to help. We all thought you were dead. No pulse, no breathing, no warmth, and your bones were powder. By all rights, you should be dead with the injuries you sustained. Yet, here you are, still destroying logic and physics.” Doctor Sexy explained. Or rather, complained.

“You don’t sound very happy to see the hero of your race alive.” I said. I know what you’re thinking and fuck you. After what I went through, I get to be a little conceited. With a sigh, he replied.

“It’s not that, it’s that I’m a stallion of reason! And this defies all reason!” He stamped his hoof.

“I use to be a man of reason like you, then I took a Ponyland to the everything.” I laughed.

“Don’t remind me.” He bitterly muttered as we reached a door. “Here we are. This is the door to the main part of the headquarters. The princesses should be inside.” He gestured to it.

“Why wasn’t anypony down here?” I asked.

“Even after ten years, we still hate death.” He said like I should’ve already known. I didn’t feel like arguing with Doctor Sexy, so I shrugged and turned to the door.

“Take a bit of advice, man, lighten up.” I commented and pressed the button. I didn’t even turn around as he scoffed and muttered unpleasantries when the door opened. When it closed, I noticed neither princess was currently inside. Nopony was. I took the chance to find some clothes and think of something epic. A crooked smile curled itself upon my lips as a plan formed within my brain. I quickly looked around for something Pinkie always use to keep in here for some odd reason. Flour. I found it in a random storage closet on the side of the facility and promptly coated myself in it, making me completely white. I decided it was time to move to the next phase of my devious little plot. One darkening of the room later, I found the nearest slanted strut.

Using my old training from Boot Camp, I began to scale the diagonal beam. It was harder to do in the dark, but I managed nonetheless. Atop my perch, I viewed the dimly lit room and smiled sinisterly, playing the scene out in my head repeatedly until I heard hoofsteps and quiet sobbing. I crouched down and waited for the door to open. When the slab of metal slid by, I heard a voice say,

“When did it got so dark in here?” It was Celestia’s, rather hoarse, (Don’t you dare fucking laugh, that pun was terrible) voice. I saw her silhouette walk in, followed by the rest of the gang, minus one human along with one less earth pony and plus one Alicorn… Interesting. Silently wondering where the hell Aiden and Azuro were and who the new guy was, I saw Celestia go for the lights, and immediately stopped her the only way I knew how. With a deep, thunderous voice fit for the gods.

HALT HEATHEN! DARE NOT LAYETH A HOOF UPON THOSE LIGHTS!” I boomed, causing the crowd below to emit shrieks and nearly jump from their skins. I hopped down, letting flour fly from my body and create an echo image of my falling form in the dark. I was met with a purple magic bolt to the chest mid-fall. So much for that. I flew back and landed against the wall, leaving an imprint of flour against it and coughing heavily.

“God damn, magic is a bitch.” I groaned and struggled to my feet before having a black sword impale the wall inches from my head. I almost shat. Luna was the next thing to consume my vision.

“What art thou, foul creature?” Luna growled, getting a smirk from me. I take it she was still unable to see me, but hell, with those damn satellites on top of her head, I wasn’t surprised that she knew where I was, just not what I was.

“Is that anyway to treat an old friend?” I asked with feigned hurt.

“Jack?” She questioned hopefully, “Celestia, hit the lights!” The Lunar Princess demanded. I should’ve known better, trying to scare two princesses who had a nearly all powerful Unicorn who’s been honed for war for ten years shitless. Yeah, yeah, I’m a dumbass. The lights chose that moment of revelation to flick on, illuminating my shit-eating grin that resided behind a layer of flour that had somehow managed to stay on my face through the blast. Luna smiled widely and embraced me, getting the powdery substance on her coat.

“Are you shitting me?” Flynn laughed from the group.

“How’re you even alive?!” Rainbow darted over to me when Luna let go and wrapped her forehooves around me.

“Been wondering that myself.” I said and pulled back, only to get tackled by a large, furry mass of pony. I laughed audibly, pushing at their rushing forms. “Come on, guys! Get offa me!” I chuckled, eventually giving in to the weighty snuggles. After a moment, they collected themselves. Flynn had moved closer, shaking his head with a smile at the display. I looked around for a minute searching for the mare I really wanted to see. I found her, head hung, standing where the group had been moments before.
“Dinky!” I started making my way towards her, but she did not move. I finally got to the mare I loved and hugged her tightly. Even then, she did not budge. “Dinky, is everything alright?” I asked with concern. I knew it wasn’t, but that was an old habit of mine. Eventually, she looked up at me with empty eyes, glared, then proceeded to slap the ever living hell out of me. With a hoof.

Yeah, I tasted copper.

“Ow! What the-?” I was cut off as she began to taste the copper as well. I melted into the kiss, but it was gone as quickly as it came. Talk about mixed signals.

“Dinky-”

“Don’t you DARE die on me again… Especially so soon after my mommy…” She trailed off, tears forming. I sighed, knowing this was coming.

“Dinky… I’m sorry… I’m so, so sorry. I know that it can’t make you feel better, nor bring Ditzy back, but it’s all I can offer. Besides myself of course, but you already have that.” I chuckled dryly, trying to lighten the mood. It didn’t work. Then again, what did I expect from an 18 year old female who just lost her mother and boyfriend in the course of five minutes? She just looked up at me, empty eyes asking why.

“I was weak, darlin’... I couldn’t save Applejack, Pinkie, or Fluttershy, not even that grey stallion whose name I never did find out…” I said, letting the pent up self pity wash over me. Dinky looked at me sadly.

“No… No, you couldn’t. She said, allowing a tear to freely fall from my face as she embraced me, “But what would a hero be if he was flawless? You’re not a god, Jack, you’re only human after all.” She said with a reassuring pat on the back. We sat there like that for god knows how long, but I finally managed to get words out of my mouth.

“Does this mean I get off scott free?” I chuckled hopefully, causing her to laugh.

“Ohhh Hohh, no. Tonight, you are mine.” She emphasized her point with a sultry wink and a tail flick against my crotch.

“That’s nasty.” I heard Flynn say, sounding remarkably like Cleveland.

“They still have that show?” I asked in moderate surprise. Well, a lot of surprise actually. I can’t believe it was still running so long.

“Yep.” He nodded.

“Oh, cool.” I said, then popped Dinky’s flank and caught a surprised eep, then a sexy purr. God damn, she was hot sometimes.

“I think it’s about time to get to business.” Celestia said, stepping forward and attempting to hide a blush.

“Yes, how are you alive?” Twilight asked the question that quickly got old, clearly interested. I’d say more for my well being, but I knew her, she just wanted the mechanics. “Your insides were jelly when we got to you.”

“I have no idea!” I said with chipper that I probably shouldn’t have had, getting a strange look from every one of them.

“How about we find out.” The new Alicorn said, that being more of a statement than a question. I finally got a good look at him too. Turns out, it was Azuro. Go fucking figure. “I was completely recharged after Gengena’s death, so I’ll be able to take a look.” I guess that explained his new form. He stepped forward as an observation from earlier peaked my interest.

“Hey, where’d Aiden go?” I asked.

“Home.” Azuro simply answered, causing me to frown. Oh well, everyone’s got their own box of chocolates at home. Never know who's gonna stay. Besides, Flynn wouldn’t exist if he had stayed. So yeah, for the best. Azuro’s new horn touched my skull and magic seeped into my skull, shifting through my entire body to root out the source that had saved my life. Soon, it was withdrawn and Azuro looked like he’d seen a ghost.

“My father…” He trailed off.

“Oh! It was probably that guy who froze time and gave me that thingy to kill Gengena.” I said with a nonchalant shrug. Azuro just stared at me.

“What ‘thingy’?” Twilight asked, “I didn’t see you with any ‘thingys’ up there with you.”

“And I don’t remember sending you any ‘thingys’.” Rarity said.

“Can we stop talking about thingys?” Rainbow joked, inciting blushes from everybody who’d uttered the word.

“I donno. It was just some booming voice from the heavens. It froze time, rained down, and floated me some big, flaming, metal skull. When I touched it, it was absorbed into me and gave me some kick ass powers. For one, I felt invincible, for two, I was. It was pretty great. Except that I passed out afterwards.” I said, causing Flynn to nod in recognition.

“I know that skull. I’ve used it a few times, believe it or not. I just thought it was some random demon thing. Apparently not.” He said.

“And you didn’t ‘pass out’, you died.” Twilight corrected.

“Bitch, I’m still here, ain’t I?” I smirked, causing her to roll her eyes.

“Technically you were dead, but my father must have brought you back. You’re a very lucky individual, Jack. This is the second time you should’ve died in the course of only a month.” Azuro commented, making me shrug.

“Yeah, but that shit hurt.” I heard a chorus of face-hoofs, followed by my laughter.

“I think he hit his head when he fell.” Spike muttered, causing laughter by more of my new friends. Celestia strode forward, wearing her ever-motherly smile that could comfort just about anybody.

“Well, it seems to be over now, my friend.” She said, causing me to smile.

“Indeed.” My smiled turned to a frown as I cast my gaze to Azuro, “It better be, anyway.”

“As far as I know, we’re in the clear. Gengena is dead, the Changelings and Demons with her. Her influence has withered and will soon be extinguished, all thanks to you, Jack. You are the hero of every pony still alive, enjoy it.” The Alicorn smiled, “Now, I have to get back to monitoring, you left quite a mess on the highways.” With a flash of his newly acquired horn, he was gone.

“As co-ruler of this nation,” Celestia began, “I hereby bestow upon you the title of, Hero of Equis. Prince of Equestria. Friend of ponies.” Her smile widened. I bowed at my newly received titles. “And I have one last task for you.” I froze, “Write. Write about what happened here. All of the ponies, Changelings, and Demons. Write what you think, what you thought.” She said. I paused a moment, letting my new task sink in. With a nod, I stood.

“Sure, but why?” I asked.

“Because, I figure your planet could use a nice piece of literature. Fact, hidden under the guise of fiction with an unknown writer. A true enigma to the human race.” She said, then added, “Not to mention, writing is therapeutic and all of your actions require documentation.” I smiled and nodded once more.

“You’re correct.” I said and headed back to my room.

That is where I stand. Or rather, sit. Writing about my great adventure in the hopes that you guys can take what I learned to heart. Even in the most dire situations, the most evil villains, the best can come of it. Love and friendship can shine through the darkest of malevolence and obliterate any doubt. These wars have done so much. Both harm and good, but I suppose what it all boils down to is how you deal with the problems. How you handle the evil of life when it outweighs the good and shine through your demons. For your sake and mine, keep these pages. Publish them under the name of “Saacsa”, and keep my legacy alive.

Thank you,

General Jack Himith Halok signing off from Earth, for one final time.

Author's Note:

Well shit. It's finally finished. It'll take me awhile for any origins, if I do any at all, purely due to the fact that I need to focus more on my other stories. Leave a like and a favorite if you guys enjoyed! Comment down here and tell me what you think about it, but please hold off on the bashing. I will however, accept constructive criticism. GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL! STAY BRONY, MY FRIENDS!