• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,335 Views, 105 Comments

Equestrian Wars - Saacsa



A man is teleported from his death into the war-torn world of Equestria to fight the Changelings and take back the land.

  • ...
23
 105
 2,335

Explanations and Preparations

We were greeted by two armed guards in a small white room. This place was guarded. But small.

"Is this it?" I asked disbelievingly. Dash responded with a laugh.

"Not even close." She said. That gave me reassurance.

"General Rainbow Dash. Lieutenant Pinkie Pie." One of the guards nodded them through the security check with his deep, commanding voice. He paused when he got to me and smiled. He bowed his head in respect. "General Jack Himith Halok."

"Nice to meet you. Got a name, soldier?" I asked with a friendly tone. He hesitated, not knowing whether or not he was suppose to be friendly with me. But he gave into the temptation of getting to know his general a little better.

"Nice to meet you as well." He said, raising his head, "My name is Mist Free." He said with a little more meaning to his words instead of his 'all business' voice that he had previously.

"Jack! You coming?" Rainbow asked from the other side of the small room. I turned to her.

"Yeah, be right there." I said and turned back to Mist Free. "See you on the front lines." I said with a smile. he nodded.

"Is that a promise?" he joked. We both let out a light chuckle and I turned back, walking over to Rainbow and Pinkie.

Dash smiled and put her eye up to a screen on the side of the door for what looked like a retinal scan. The door beside it beeped twice, clicked four times, then hissed open. Inside was an unbelievable sight. Remember when I said huge? That was an understatement. I stood with my mouth agape as I looked in upon the hundreds of storage towers with digital green lines running through all of them. Many Unicorns were wearing white lab coats and hustling about with tablets floating beside of above them. Some were standing in front of the towers and moving their hooves over the floating tablets, looking very pleased with themselves. There were Pegasi guards that hovered alertly above and Earth Pony guards who's eyes were darting everywhere for even the slightest sign of trouble.

"Security sure is tight around here." I said while looking at an automated turret that was hanging from the ceiling.

"Well, you know, this IS the most important place in Equestria." Rainbow replied with obviousness. Obnoxious obviousness. This Pegasus knew that I was her superior, but she made it very clear that I would need to earn her respect and prove that I was good enough to save this place. And I admired that. "None of the Changelings even know that it exists." She said.

"What about those today?" I asked.

"Spy's. It's good that neither got the chance to report back, thanks to us." She said with a smirk as we weaved our way through the advanced technology. We went by unnoticed by the Unicorns, but the guards kept very watchful eyes on us.

"Pinkie, you've been awfully quiet." I said.

"I have to be.... Well, boring here." She said quickly with an anxious tone. Her blue eyes darted around the room while she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. She looked like a deprived crack-head. She really needed to let her hyperness out. We came up to another large metal door and Rainbow Dash pressed a small button.

"Voice, retinal, and security questions must be answered before proceeding." An automated, female voice said. Rainbow Dash put her mouth up to the screen and spoke clearly.

"General Rainbow Dash." Her tomboyish voice rang through the speaker. It beeped twice and clicked once. The screen changed and a picture of a large, violet eye that was Dash's materialized. She leaned her eye up to it and a green lighted grid escaped the screen, scanning her naked eye. It beeped twice more and there were two clicks. The screen changed again and a question mark appeared. "This one's kinda personal. You guys mind?" She said, motioning for us to turn around and walk out of whisper distance.

"Go for it." I said. Pinkie and I turned our backs to her and walked a few steps to escape earshot. For whispers anyways.

"What do you think it is?" Pinkie excitedly chirped so fast that I almost didn't catch what she had said.

"Not sure. You know her better than I do, not to mention, I don't like getting into private business." I said with an airy tone. Pinkie scrunched up her nose like she was thinking.

"Yeah, I suppose." She said with disappointment, clearly bored.

"Hey guys, come on." Rainbow's voice reached us after another beep, then a click, then the sound of the door hissing open.

We turned around and walked into the main room. The ceiling towered up high and curved up into a dome-like structure and had more of the digital green lines running through it. They rose up to the top of the center of the massive roof and descended down through a large cybernetic tube, feeding a gigantic terminal that projected a huge image of a landmass with holograms of different technology and pony soldiers on different places. Some places were blue, others yellow, but most of them were red. A few flickered between red and yellow and yellow and blue.

They were wall labeled. A quick skim told me that Ponyville, Hoofington, and Apploosa were blue, which I guessed meant safe. Manehattan and Cloudsdale blinked from yellow to blue while Las Pegasus and Fillydelphia blinked from yellow to red. The only completely yellow one I saw was Saddle Arabia. There were to many reds to count. Though some of them did have names. Such as Stalliongrad, Mexicolt, Baltimare, etc. That couldn't be good. Jeez, did every town have a horse pun to it? And was it just me, or did the towns sound almost exactly like the ones back home. Except these had horse puns. I guess their Princess has a good sense of humor. But something caught my eyes as I scanned it over once more. Once city was black. Just completely and utterly jet black. There were no soldiers, weaponry, vehicles, or even enemies. I looked up for a title and read it aloud.

"Canterlot." My voice still echoed across the stillness of the massive room.

"I see that you take interest in our once proud capital city." A dark, majestic female voice sounded through the room. A tall, winged Unicorn stepped out of the shadows and strode up to me. Seriously?! She was at least a foot taller than me (only be her horn), making her two feet taller than the other ponies. Her coat was a midnight blue and her dark blue mane flowed out, twinkling like a universe of stars. It was stunning. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pie kneeled before her. "Tis' a shame that not many pony-folk care about it anymore."

"I'm not a pony. Plus, it seems they have more to worry about than one city." I said back. Both Rainbow and Pinkie shot me a look of surprise.

"So you are not." She said and paused, taking in my figure with an unamused and unimpressed look, "And so they do..." The dark Alicorn smiled lightly. "I am Princess Luna. My sister, Celestia, and I use to rule this land before the Changelings attacked." Now the kneeling made sense. "General Dash, Lieutenant Pie. At ease." Geez, they even gave commands like us. The midnight blue mare lightened up and gave them a friendly smile. They smiled back.

"Where is your sister?" I asked. Her face darkened instantly. I hated killing the moment, but I needed answers.

"She is... Away. But will return when the Changelings are defeated. The queen, to be more precise." Luna said with hesitation.

"Away?" I questioned.

"Yes. Away." She answered with brisk, regaining her royal composure. So much for answers, she wasn't going to give me anything. She turned towards Pinkie and Rainbow. "Please retrieve General Applejack and Medic Shy." She said.

"I'll get Flutters." Rainbow said about the same exact time that Pinkie had said,

"I'll get Jacky!" So I guess they were agreed. They laughed and exited the room with haste. Confusion crossed my face and I gently tapped Luna on the shoulder.

"Yes?" She asked after turning to me.

"Twilight said she would be here. Where is she? If you requested her, I figured she would be here by now." I asked. A flicker of a smile showed on the Lunar Princess's face.

"In the back, talking with Rarity." She explained. A shiver was sent down my spine from the pang of fear at the name.

"R-Rarity?" I asked with worry. Luna furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Yes. What worries you?" She asked.

"She flirted with me. Outright." I said and dropped my head. I could swear I thought I heard her stifle a small laugh.

"Pay no mind to her flirtatious manner." She said with a light smile, "She does that to all of us." She added. I sighed in relief and returned my head to its previous location, untensing.

"Good. Not to be insulting, but ponies aren't exactly my type." I said with a chuckle.

"Who knows, they might grow on you. They have a habit of that." Luna said, smiling lightly with a bit of nostalgia.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how did you guys develop such amazing technology in a matter of ten years?" I asked. She chuckled a little.

"We had technology even more advanced than this before the castle fell. We just never introduced these breakthroughs to the public for fear of my little ponies turning on each other or succumbing to greed and obsession. Desire and opportunity can be a terrifying combination, so we simply took away that opportunity. Much like, say, leaving your home unlocked while you are away. But don't think we kept everything from them. We gave them tools to help farm, cook, heal, and even entertain. We just never gave them anything harmful." She explained.

There was a long pause of silence as Luna looked like she was debating something in her mind. All of the other ponies soon filed into the room. Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and, lastly, a pure white pony with a deeply royal purple mane. Probably Rarity.

"I called you all here to tell... Show you what happened to Celestia." Luna said suddenly, to us all. This came as a blatant shock to the others. "Canterlot was once the capital of all Equestria. A shining gem that gleamed brightly in the center of the world." She said, looking down at the map with a fragile smile made of amazing memories. "It's streets were lined with expensive shops, noble mares and colts, fillies of all ages. It all led up to the magnificent Canterlot castle, with its soaring turrets, massive dining tables, and its vast, beautiful gardens filled with rare and gorgeous plant and wild life. In the spring, the gardens would bloom and fragrant smells were picked up by cities as far away as Stalliongrad! And its vibrant colors rang out sharply from the gold and white of the castle itself." I was awestruck as the beautiful images being described danced through my mind. I am sure that it boggled the other ponies minds as well, but I did not dare look away from the deep blue Alicorn. Then I thought of the question that she had originally asked.

"That sounds beautiful. But what happened to Celestia?" I asked. The question shattered her smile and she snapped out of those wondrous memories. She now looked at the city's black dot with the cold fury of the night.

"Chrysalias. Chrysalias happened." She said, "It's to painful to repeat through words. Come." She said and motioned for me to come closer. "Do not worry, this will transmit through you all. It will feel... Strange." She said and leaned her head down, a small, midnight blue orb forming at the tip of her horn. She finished the leaning and touched my forehead with her horn.

Canterlot Castle: 10 Years Ago

The ornate palace throne room appeared in my vision along with the Lunar Princess, who looked much younger in the eyes, a younger looking male Unicorn who's mane was blue and sported a brighter blue streak through it, and a powerful looking pearl white Alicorn, who I assumed to be Celestia. The male Unicorn was outfitted in a medieval type of armor that was golden and purple. His white fur was matted with sweat as he spoke quickly to the two Princesses.

"Celestia, the Changelings are over running us! We don't have much- AGH!" The Unicorn's face contorted in pain as a green bolt blew through the back of his chest, then went blank as he fell to the tiled floor with a dull thud.

"Shining!" Celestia cried to her fallen friend. There was no response from the Captain of the Royal Guard as he lie there in an expanding puddle of his own draining blood. Luna had tears forming in her eyes as shock gripped her features.

"Well, well, well." A mocking voice clicked as its owner strode casually into the royal room. She was as tall as both Luna and Celestia, but was perforated. Her wings had a bug-like look to them and her pupils were in the shape of a serpent's. She had fangs that longed for somethings throat and a dull, aqua mane. "It kind of hurts to see him go..." She taunted, "After all... He was so... Tasty." She smiled malevolently, licking her lips with an evil spark in her eyes. A fiery rage exploded inside the Goddess of the Sun. Her eyes glowed a dangerously white hot fury and she turned to her shocked sister with her mane aflame.

"Take Shining Armor's body back to Ponyville. Give him a proper burial." Her rage was so great that her tone had doubled in might and she was using the ancient Royal Canterlot Voice. "We shall deal with this pest!" She seethed. Luna nodded and flew to Shining Armor's limp body.

"I'm sorry..." She said as a tear tinkled onto his golden armor. She grabbed the back his breast plate with the mouth and flew at an oil-stained window. A green bolt flew by her head and hit her destination. It shattered to pieces. She flew through the gleaming, rainbow colored glass with her eyes closed to avoid unwanted blindness. She teleported to the Golden Oak library of Ponyville and lied Shining Armor's body gently on the floor.

"Princess Luna!" A happy voice chimed, "How nice to..." Twilight Sparkle trailed off as she opened her eyes to see her brother's bloody body. Tears sprang into her eyes as her mouth fell open in disbelief. "H-How... Wh-What ha-happened?" She asked in shaky horror.

"Chrysalias. I am truly sorry, Twilight Sparkle. But I must go help my sister, she has rage-shifted. We will be back with Chrysalias's head." Luna said sincerely then teleported away. She reappeared back in the throne room and saw Celestia and Chrysalias flying around and expertly dodging each others magical blasts. Finally, one of Celestia's blasts knocked Chrysalias to the ground. Celestia was quickly on top of her.

"For thou's crimes against the world of pony-kind. We hereby sentence thy to death!" The Goddess of the Sun seethed at her fallen opponent.

"Celestia!" Came a familiar voice. A scared looking Twilight Sparkle now lie at Celestia's hooves. She faked an emotion of tragic sadness. "How could you let her kill him? My Big Brother Best Friend Forever?" Fake tears welled in her eyes. That was the last straw for Celestia. She softened and her mane returned to its normal, celestial color and wafted in a nonexistent breeze. Worst of all, she hesitated. Chrysalias blasted her at point blank range, sending her flying to the wall. Chrysalias shot up and was on top of Celestia, back to her normal, blackened form.

"Your kind heart was your downfall." She said.

"You won't get away with this!" Celestia spat.

"Shhh, sweet Celestia," She mocked, "You talk to much." She aimed her horn down at Celestia, who's eyes were no longer boiling with rage. They were filled with pain as she faced her death with as much dignity as possible. Luna tried to jump in and help, but was caught in a green bubble of magic.

"Tsk, tsk. Do not interfere with a fight in which you are not included." Chrysalias teased. Luna hit the bubble and blasted magic at it, but it was to no avail. Tears of helplessness streamed down her face and matted her midnight blue fur. "Goodbye, oh Princess." Chrysalias said sarcastically. She touched her horn to Celestia's and Celestia's mouth fell open and her eye's rolled back into her head slowly as the life drained from her body.

"Nooo!" Luna screamed as her eyes started to flood with blackness. She threw a massive bolt of wild magic at her cell and it shattered. In a feat of rage, she bucked Chrysalias into the wall on the opposite side of the throne room. She grabbed Celestia and teleported back to the Golden Oak library were Twilight wept profusely over her brother's body. She snapped her head towards the sisters when they arrived.

"Celestia!" Twilight gasped through tears.

"Twilight..." Celestia breathed painfully, "I... I don't have much time... Look for the books hidden by a perception field. There should be two. Luna will teach you how to detect such things... Summon a human by the name of Jack Himith Halok.... It should take you fifteen or so years to master the spell... Please... He is our last hope..." She sighed one last breath and fell back limply Luna and Twilight cried into each others manes as a wisp the color of Celestia's mane wafted through an open window and to the doomed city of Canterlot. The scene faded to black.

Present Day

I found that hot tears were streaming down my face as Luna nook her horn away. All of the other ponies shared a saddened expression, but none more than Twilight. I had the overwhelming urge to hold Twilight until it was all better. Of course I didn't, for obvious reasons. These may have been colorful ponies, but their not-so-happy history had been revealed to me. To say the least, I would never look at them the same.

"Twilight... I'm so sorry." I said and put a hand on her shoulder, "But do not fret. Chrysalias. Will. Pay." I uttered the last part menacingly. She smiled as best as possible through the depressed tears.

"Thank you for the consolation." She said with a warm smile. Then what she said when we first met crossed my mind.

"Wait... You said that she told you that I was the greatest soldier in the universe?" I said.

"Heh, heh. About that..." She laughed nervously, "It was something to calm you down, and persuade you to fight for us..." She said, bowing her head in shame. "I'm sorry that I lied." My gaze and heart both softened.

"There was no need for lies, Twilight. It's alright. I'm not that angry with you." I said.

"Wh-When do we fight?" A tiny voice squeaked out. All of the ponies looked up at Fluttershy with surprise at the brave question. The surprise was short-lived as each of them smiled in determination.

"Yeah! I really want a piece of Chrysalias now!" Rainbow Dash said with confidence. "Besides, I can't let Shy take all the fun." She said playfully and nuzzled the yellow mare with affection. If it wasn't clear to me before, it was now. They were a couple. A cute one, in fact.

"Quite! We must get her out of the beautiful castle. I can't dare to imagine what atrocious decor she has erected!" Rarity said, stamping her hoof in outrage. I guess that was her way of saying 'Lets kick ass and take names'.

"Ah'm with Rarity! Ah am thinkin' it's bout time to give ole Chrysie tha boot!" Applejack said

"Yepper Lepper Pepper! Lets kick some Changeling booty!" Pinkie said joyfully, making Applejack giggle lightly.

"Well, I think that since we have our secret weapon now..." Twilight trailed off, looking at Luna with puppy dog eyes. The Lunar Princess let out a light laugh.

"Very well. The frontal assault of Canterlot Castle shall begin at dusk tomorrow!" Luna announced.

"I'll mobilize the troops and get everypony ready for the battle!" Twilight said excitedly and rushed out of the room, mumbling something about strategic positions.

"We might as well help her out." Rainbow said with a shrug. All of the others except Rarity nodded.

"I simply can't, darling. I have to set up weapons and armor." Her airy, but elegant, tone flowed as she trotted towards the exit. The others didn't argue with her. Probably because they needed weapons and armor. They exited the room to round up all of the ponies. Luna and I stood alone in the room in silence until a new question came to mind

"Why is the city black instead of red?... Assuming red means enemy." I asked. Luna sighed deeply.

"After Celestia was killed, Chrysalias took over the Canterlot Castle...She.... She... She destroyed the city... It use to reside on top of a mountain... I guess she didn't see it fit for living in, so she broke it from said mountain and she is, and has been, using it as her Base Of Operations. She disgraces the throne." She said with chilling hate.

"What about Celestia? You said that she would return after we killed Chrysalias. How can she do it if she is dead?" I questioned.

"When Chrysalias murdered my sister, she used a spell that sucked her soul from her body. Instead of passing to the sun, she is trapped inside that accursed creature, being fed on." Luna said with overwhelming malice, then lightened up slightly. "Celestia's body is being preserved and when Chrysalias is defeated, I shall cast a soul trapping spell. Celestia will be returned to her body, but significantly weakened. That is what this is for," She said and held up a bottle of blackish brown liquid, "It is called Ambroci. It heals all magical abilities, restoring the wielder to full power." She explained. I nodded lightly.

"That's some powerful stuff. You guys should be unbeatable?" I asked the statement to verify it.

"Not exactly," She said, "The plant that Ambroci comes from is found on the farthest corner of Equis, our planet," She explained quickly when she saw the look of confusion at the new word on my face. "and only blooms once in a century. It is very rare and I only possess two bottles. For very special occasions and drastic measures." I nodded. I looked back towards the map with another curious gaze, and caught another name. Whinnyapolis. I sighed. Then my gazed drifted towards the farther reaches of said map, and I caught another black city. The Crystal Empire.

"Luna? Why is that one black as well?" I asked. She looked down with a weary sigh.

"It was another major city. Canterlot near paled in comparison to its beauty. And that is why the Changelings hated it. They hate beautiful and majestic things. They hate them because they are jealous. And to answer your question, it was obliterated. It is now but a dead crater covered in snow." She said sadly, but then brightened up. Or put on a fake smile. "Now, you've had quiet a long day. I'll show you to your quarters. You're going to need all the rest you can get for the upcoming battle." She said with a friendly (Or fake) smile. She had no idea how right she was. Finally, one of these ponies got it.

"That would be wonderful." I said with an over-exaggerated sigh. A midnight blue aura gripped me and I felt my stomach lurch forward as I was teleported. I hit the bed face first and sunk into the soft mattress, letting out a blissful sigh.

"I'm glad they have beds in this dimension." I said with a light chuckle. Nothing like some humor before bed. Its good for the soul. That was a dreamless night of deep sleep.

~~~

I awoke in the morning with a groan. "What time is it?" I groggily asked the figure who's presence I had seen.

"Three o'clock. In the afternoon. You've got an hour to get ready and two to get to Canterlot. Be quick about it, your troops need a leader." A familiar take-charge-and-organize tone rang out. I slipped out of the bed and heard a loud clunk as my feet hit the ground. I must have slept in my battle suit. It was so comfortable that it had felt like a second skin. Rarity really was good at this sort of thing.

By 15 minutes, I was on a carriage that rocked gently in the breeze, with Fluttershy sitting next to me and Luna and Twilight sitting beside each other on the opposite side. Army training really pays off when you need to be quick. The structure was inclosed, but you could feel that it was in the air, probably being pulled by some Pegasi guards.

"Luna?" I asked, breaking the tense silence. Fluttershy squeaked and tensed farther as if i had startled her. I probably did. "Why didn't you and Twilight just teleport there?" I asked, partly wanting to know, but also wanting to get rid of the ear piercing silence.

"Because, we would be a great deal weaker and would be of little to no use against Chrysalias or her servants." Luna explained. I nodded and looked off to the side.

"Doesn't that helmet ever get uncomfortable?" Twilight asked after a pause. I didn't even notice that it was still on. This thing really was like a second skin.

"Why of course not!" An over-dramatic voice that I instantly recognized came through the speakers of my helmet. Fluttershy wasn't the only one to jump at the unexpected noise. "I designed it for maximum comfort!"

"Rarity?" I asked, irritation creeping into my voice.

"Yes, darling?"

"Are you able to hear everything around me?"

"And see everything you do." She confirmed playfully. That sent a rather large shiver down my spine.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself-"

"Greatly."

"But I would like for you to respect my privacy and personal space." I said with a hint of annoyance mixed into my formal tone.

"Aww, boo!" She teased, "You're no fun. Fine." She finished airily. I heard a light click and sighed in relief. I guess that was the speakers being disabled.

I looked for the little blue button on the inside of the collar. I quickly found it and pressed it. The helmet clicked down off of my face and down the back of my head. A random shiver was sent through my back. I suddenly tensed it involuntarily with a sharp intake of breath in surprise.

"Gah! That was... Odd..." I said as my muscles started to relax.

"Yes, helmets have that effect on us as well. You'll get use to it." Luna said, "It's another reason we like to keep them off."

"Also, they aren't too great for stealth operations." Twilight said. I swore I could've heard a pony huff in exasperation, but I didn't see anymore ponies in the structure. I pushed the thought down quickly.

"Might I ask why?" I said.

"I-I c-can sh-sh-show you... If that's alright." A timid voice squeaked from next to me. I had almost forgotten Fluttershy was there. I seemed to be forgetting a lot lately.

"That would be very much appreciated. How very kind of you." I said with a smile. I saw Twilight and Luna lightly smirk at my comment, but thought nothing of it. Fluttershy stood up.

"Helmet. On." She clearly commanded, while at the same time keeping her small voice. Her helmet rose from all directions of her armor, folding onto her fur like a tsunami. When the last bit of metal clicked into place, the eyes opened and glowed a brightly pale yellow that matched the Pegasus's coat color.

"Whoa..." I said in slight awe. She was now fully decked out in a combat ready battle suit. The only things that flowed from it were her mane, tail, and wings. "That makes sense. Giant glowing eye's don't really get along with sneakiness." I said with a chuckle. Twilight giggled lightly and Luna stifled a laugh. I could even sense Fluttershy smiling lightly under her helmet.

"Helmet. Off." She said. It retracted in the same way it had formed, but, you know, in the opposite direction. She shuddered lightly as her back muscles contracted. "I really don't like the helmet." She said shyly and sat back down, her muscles relaxing. I couldn't blame her. It was pretty strange when you took it off. It didn't hurt. It just felt...Well... Strange.

My mind began to wander, after all, there wasn't much to do. Before I knew it, we were stopping at a large encampment about three miles out from the disheveled ruins of a once mighty city. Canterlot. Even from this distance, I could see massive black spires and a rubber like material stretched from tower to tower. It was perforated just like a Changeling. We all piled out of the carriage, Luna first, and let her lead us through the camp. Ponies were rushing about, prepared for the battle ahead. Some were determined, some were nervous, and others looked lustful for battle. As if they were going to charge in spear first and kill all of the Changelings single-hoofedly. It was truly a sight to behold.

I spotted an unlucky male stallion about the age of eighteen who had a deep brown mane and a lighter grey coat. He looked like today he should've just stayed in bed. He wasn't watching where he was going. He bumped into me and was knocked off of his hooves by the sudden impact. Luckily, I saw it coming at the last second and braced myself.

"I am terribly sor-" He cut his British accented apology dead in shock. His face begged for mercy. I smiled warmly and held out my hand to help him up.

"It's alright, soldier. Accidents happen." I said with a light smile, "Just keep them off the battle field." I said with a sly wink. He hesitated at first, then smiled and hit his hoof to my palm. I gripped it tightly and swung him up.

"Will do, General. Thank you." He said and continued with was he was doing, but with a smile.

"The first step to taking back Equestria lies in kindness and friendship. Perhaps Celestia was right about you." Luna said. I felt a small bit of pride well in my chest. Again, keeping it a lower than it wanted to be.

"It's good to keep up troop moral. They need a leader that they can trust, instead of fear." I said. Luna nodded, finding my words very pleasing and relatable.

We continued through the large encampment briskly without farther interruption. We came to the middle of the camp, were a massive tent stood with the symbol of an Alicorn that's colors were split down the middle on either side of the entrance. On one side, it was a pearly white that matched the coat of their former sun goddess while the other side was the midnight blue of Luna's coat. Half of a cartooned sun in a white circle came out from behind Luna's side and a crescent moon in a dark blue circle came from behind Celestia's side. I recognized the crescent moon as the image painted onto the armor on Princess Luna's flank.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to the symbol.

"It's the emblem of the Royal Equestrian Army. And if you're wondering why my cutie mark is on Celestia's side, it's to show unity of our army." Luna answered as we entered the tent. Fluttershy had dematerialized and was nowhere to be seen. I just assume she went to see her other friends before the battle.

"Cutie mark?" I quizzically questioned their word choice and definition.

"Yes. It tells a pony his or her special talent. I now raise the sun and the moon, but I use to only do so with the moon. That is why my cutie mark-"

"Is the moon." I finished for her. She simply nodded, dodging my question about why they call it what they did.

"Alright. This is were we part ways for now. I will see you on the battlefield, Jack." Twilight said with a friendly smile, "In the meantime, check around the camp, interact with your soldiers, give them some confidence, and most importantly, make some friends." Twilight threw the options around and smiled nostalgically at the last one.

"See you on the battlefield." I said and nodded with a smile. I turned around and exited the large tent. I looked around. "Now, where to go first..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for this chapter being super long guy's, but I just couldn't figure out how to cut it in half XD Anyways, if i made any mistakes, feel free to inform me and i shall fix them as soon as possible! Stay Brony, my friends.