• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,771 Views, 45 Comments

Power of the Song - Authora97



What do you do when your family betrays you, you get transported to some gender-swapped version of one of you favorite TV shows, and love-eating bugs kidnap you from your stallions crush? Somebody tell me, because I don't have a clue

  • ...
19
 45
 3,771

My Little Pony

Dusk Shine


So I became an Alicorn. It was great at first. I was so excited but as Solaris and the others bowed, seeing Sabrina bow pained me. It was shocking enough for the Prince.

Solaris told me I could do my new Prince duties at home. There was a part of me that was scared to. Would ponies treat me differently because of me being Prince? Would my friends? Would Spines? Would Sabrina?

After spending three days in Canterlot, Solaris thought it would be beneficial to send me to Ponyville. I arrived via teleportation inside the library, thanks to Solaris, scaring Spines

"Dusk don't scare me like that!" She yelled.

Without thinking I hugged Spines.

"I missed all of you so much!" I told her.

"We missed you too." Spines said,

After we hugged for a minute, I heard a song coming into the library.

"It's been fourteen minutes.” This line repeated three times before Spines gasped.

“I’M LATE!” She screamed as she ran out the door. I quickly followed suit.

"Late for what?"

"Sabrina...having...party..." Spines explained. Sabrina is having a party?

Not wanting Spines to wear out, I grabbed her with my magic and began running in the direction of her house. I was still unaware of how to work my wings, so I was hoping Blitz would tell me.

"What kind of party?" I asked Spines after letting her catch her breathe.

"She said she was gonna explain some stuff about her world. So Berry called it a 'Sabrina Tells Us All About Her Home Planet' Party. I was supposed to help her set it up and I was over ten minutes late." Spines explained.

We kept walking towards her peaceful looking bungalow.

It was two stories tall, with a hoof span as long as the library. It had four windows on the front with what looked like ice for glass. As I took another step closer, the door swung open.

"Finally Spines," Rainbow said, "we've been waiting fifteen minutes!"

"Good to see you too." I told him, surprising Blitz.

"Dusk! How're those wings working out?" I was about to give an answer but was cut off.

"Blitzie is it Spines?" Came that alicorn like voice I have become so acquainted with.

"Yeah and she brought a friend." Blitz shouted back.

"Bring him in. Might as well tell him too." She exclaimed.

Rainbow shrugged his shoulders. He opened the door wider to let me and Spines in.

It was good to see Rainbow didn't start bowing to me. Elusive was a different story.

"Dusk!" Elusive shouted after bowing on his front hooves.

"I'm supposed to bow? I'm sorry." Butterscotch squealed.

"Guy, it's still me. So please no bowing." I told them. A laugh came from the kitchen.

"Dusk, I think telling Elusive not to Boston you is like telling Zecora to stop rhyming." Sabrina.

"Who's Zecora?" I heard Berry ask as I sat down on one of her couches.

Looking at Sabrina I flashed back to her bowing in front of me. That, and those weird feelings that kept appearing when I heard her voice or said her name.

Her brown mane looked even more luxurious, she must be using Elusive's shampoo, with more dazzling curls. Her multi shaded eyes never ceased to amaze me, right now they looked embarrassed.

"That brings me to what I came here to tell ya'll." Sabrina explained.

"Yes, so you were going to us about how you knew about the Elements of Harmony?" Elusive asked Sabrina. She nodded. "Then get to it please."

Sabrina walked away from her kitchen towards her living room. She held her face in her hands, looking fearful about doing this.

"Okay. So um... back where I come from there's this thing called Television..." Rainbow stopped her.

"What does that have to do with how you knew about the Elements?"

"Woulda let the girl talk Rainbow? I'm sure that she's gettin to it... Right Sabrina?" Applejack said.

"It has just about everything to do with it. May I continue?" Rainbow nodded, a little angrily. "Alright. Well television, or TV for short, is this little black box. And what it does is like moving cartoons or movies all hours of the day. Please hold all questions to the end." How did she know I was going to ask a question? "Some of the stuff is for babies and toddlers (foals), others for teens and kids. But a majority is for adults.

"Some of the kids stuff though, I'd watched by adults. Like this one for little girls? Apparently a lot of people watch it. Me a any friend were two if those people. The show was called 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic'." We all gasped. "There's one tiny detail that makes it different than ya'll."

"Which is?" I asked.

"Um…instead of stallions y'all are well mares."

"WHAT!" Rainbow shouted.

“Believe me when I say Blitzie that there is no difference between you two.” Sabrina explained. “Her name is Rainbow Dash, Applejack stays the same, Butterscotch is Fluttershy, Berry Bubble is Pinkie Pie, Elusive is Rarity and Dusk Shine is Twilight Sparkle. I almost forgot, Solaris is Celestia, Artemis is Luna, Spines is Spike, Sparkling Armor is Shining Armor. I’ll leave you to figure out the rest.”

“That sounds crazy.” Berry commented.

“If it’s so crazy then how come I know everything you guys have done but in mare form?” Sabrina asked him.

“I don’t know. I just said that because everypony else said it.” I facehoofed. Sabrina only laughed.

"There are some other differences. Ones that I can't think of right now." Sabrina said. "But I don't really know what happens after Twilight became an alicorn."

"You knew I would become an alicorn?!" I yelled.

"I kept having a bad sense of deju vu when you got Starswirla's journal. But I forgot the rest until Butterscotch was throwing his party. The ending was forgotten until we got Bubble back."

"Why didn't you tell us Sabrina?" Elusive asked her.

"We thought we killed Dusk!" Rainbow shouted.

"Because it would ruin the surprise for Dusk. If I explained it to you then not only would Solaris's speech been useless to you but who knows how the outcome could've changed. The worst part is now I'm stuck in the unknown. I don't know what will happen to Dusk as an alicorn! I don't know what new villain might show up! I don't know if he'll leave and we'll never see him again! I don't know!" Sabrina yelled before running off upstairs.

Her eyes filled with tears.



Sabrina


The tears wouldn't fucking stop. Why did I have to think he would die? When that mere thought filled my head any control I had crumbled. I felt like Pinkie Pie on her birthday, when she thought her friends ditched her and her hair turned flat.

My door to my room knew I would need space so it stayed shut, hopefully it was keeping whatever the stallions were saying about me out too.

I only got this depressed once before. My mom had decided to ground me during a school field trip. This wasn't the bad part. No. It was Felicia coming back with a new best friend under her arm and my boyfriend (at the time) with some skank. I didn't come out of my room for two weeks.

So, to try and get me out of my funk, Siren's Melody played a song that always brought me a smile.

'When I was a little filly and the sun was going downnnn!

The darkness and the shadows they would always make me frown

I'd hide under my pillow from what I thought I saw

But Granny Pie said that wasn't the way to deal with fears at all!

She said Pinkie you gotta stand up tall

You'll see that they can't hurt you just laugh to make them disappear!'

Believe or not it did help. Soon enough I got a smile. The song wouldn't stop playing until I managed to walk out the door. Which I probably wouldn't do.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Sabrina?" Spines asked. Thanks door for keeping the noise out. "Couldi come in?"

I was about to yell for her to go away when my stupid self thinking door created a whole large enough for her to fit.

With careful steps, I saw the purple green drakette walk in. The door refilled the whole.

"Thanks for letting me in."

"I didn't. My door thought it would beneficial for you to come and talk with me. Traitor." I told the door. Something told me if it could, it would laugh and shrug at me.

"Oh. Thanks door?" Spines asked.

I felt her clawed hand rest on my shoulder.

"Wanna talk?" I shook my head. "Okay. I'll talk." Can one of you plants just open a hole in the floor? "I think I figured something out." Woop de do! "You have a crush on Dusk don't ya?" If I was drinking I'd have spit it out.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"The way you reacted before you ran upstairs. You aren't any better than me at hiding it." She did have a point.

"So I have a crush on an alicorn, what can I do about it?" Spines shuttled her shoulders in response.

"I don't know. You already know how great I am at telling my crush how I feel about him. Is the show how you knew about it?" Spines asked.

"It was plain on your face when you saw him for the first time at the Summer Sun Celebration." Spines's scales turned red-violet.

"Really?" Spines asked, flustered.

"Really." I told her.

"You stopped crying." Spines said. I hated when people got my mind off things to get me to stop crying. It pissed me off. Mainly because I didn't see it.

"Yeah I guess so." I relented.

Getting up, Spines reached a claw out to me.

“You have to come down at some point Sabrina. I have a feeling that Dusk might use his magic to help with that.” I chuckled. Lauren Faust didn’t give Spike enough credit, the hatchling could be very important when he wanted to be and it probably wasn’t any different than when he was a she.

“You win but tell any of the others and I’ll freeze you so bad they’ll be more ice than dragon.” I warned her as the door opened. Happy that it had won.

I flipped him the bird when Spines wasn’t looking. I know he couldn’t see it but it made me feel better.

As I entered the living room I was instantly met with apologies. From everypony but Rainbow and Dusk. It didn’t really matter to me, a part of me knew he couldn’t stay angry at me forever. Maybe it had something to do with why he gave me that pained look as I bowed to him as a alicorn.

But like I said, didn’t matter to me. Just as long as I had my panicky, OCD having, all-nighter unicorn back. I mean alicorn.

My heart didn’t lie. Of course it didn’t, it rarely ever did. It practically jumped out of my chest and went to Dusk, no matter what I did couldn’t get it to come back intact.


The changeling guard flew up to his King with his latest report. Three days ago he was sent to patrol a small town holding those stallions responsible for their defeat all those months ago. Many Changelings were lost that day whether by imprisonment or death by starvation nopony knew.

This guard has been imponynating a light green unicorn with a white streak in his hair with a harp on his flank. So far it had been going well.

“My King, I have news. The Purple Alicorn has returned to the town, I saw him running across town with his dragon. He seemed nearly full of love for something.”

An evil chuckle was the response his king gave.

“Is this good?” The guard asked.

“Oh my dear changeling, it’s more than good. It means he would do absolutely anything to get whomever he loves back to him. Even trade himself for her place, give it a few more days and the time will be perfect.”

His laughter filled the walls of the Hive. It was the first time it happened since the Invasion.

Author's Note:

There are no words to describe how fucking late I am. My family thought it would be nice to go to Chilis for dinner, I had no computer so a majority of this was written on my phone, and then my mom made me finish all my chores before I could borrow her computer.
I was soo tired I ended up falling asleep around the time we got home. A million apologies to you all.

PS- If you don't like who I chose for the guard to impersonate well boo freakin' hoo. It was either Lyra or Mr. Cake, Lyra was the lesser of two suspiciousions.
PPS- Comment, fav and like!