• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,771 Views, 45 Comments

Power of the Song - Authora97



What do you do when your family betrays you, you get transported to some gender-swapped version of one of you favorite TV shows, and love-eating bugs kidnap you from your stallions crush? Somebody tell me, because I don't have a clue

  • ...
19
 45
 3,771

Room and Board

Sabrina

Ok. After finding out that my ex-coven sent me to a gender-swapped version of one of my ‘favorite little kid shows that I watch at 16’, I was beyond pissed. Also because my mother was the person leading it all and did nothing to stop it. I didn’t see her behind all the black robes but I just know she was there.

I was moved to a regular hospital room to make sure I was still alright. I had already been here a whole day. Nine extra from when I was in the cocoon. I didn't need any more healing time!

I made sure to tell Dusk to send the cocoon into a nearby forest or garden. She needed to be given back to the earth she was taken from or else she would be a thorn in my side until I put her back. Dusk, I really like the color of his mane.

Damn it why do all of my thoughts come back to Dusk! He was cute, but I don’t think it would ever work. He was a horse first of all. A cartoon horse at that. At the very most I could crush from afar.

I was getting bored. Sitting in a white room with white walls and a stupid heart monitor that beeped every five seconds didn’t help. The only color was my all blue outfit and a purple flower that I asked Bubble to bring in. I know his name was Berry, but Bubble seemed more him. Just Like Pinkie was more fitting than Pinkamena.

Might as well hum a few tunes.

"Here’s to the Monday’s,

Watchin’ all the cars on the freeway.

I ain’t got a thing to do

So I’ll sit here next to you. Yeah," I could hear the music float around my head, part of the magic. Once I got
the song going the rest played around my head like a set of headphones.

My fifth power, or second, I can’t really be sure. My old friend Felicia thought I would be cool to nickname it ‘The Siren’s Melody’ I could send messages to people through song no matter where they were. If I sang a few bars from a song then it would play around me. No money wasted on headphones.

The only downside is that I have to send the message in song form. I can’t change any of the words or it won’t work. But, it did come in handy when Mom was talking at some Coven meeting for an hour and I was only in attendance because I was next in line to be High Priestess.

Stepping out of the cramped hospital bed, I walked towards the window. To get a good look a the town I'm stuck in for the rest of my life.

Then I heard someone coming. Didn’t have time to get back into the bed so I just stood and awaited my fate. Also remembering to turn off the magical headphones.

Dusk and Blitz-y. What? I need some name to call him to get on his nerves.

“Sabrina? What are you doing out of the bed?” Dusk asked. I really liked hearing his voice, all full of worry about little ole me.

‘Sabrina, stop thinking about him like that!’ Curse my mother’s ability to distract me from boys even in an alternate universe.

“Got bored, thought I stretch the legs that haven’t been used in over a week.” I remembered what I asked them to do with the cocoon. “Did you make sure the cocoon made it back to the forest?”

“Yes. But when we put it down it just broke and all the pieces went off.” Dusk said.

“Oh yeah, it does that. If it makes you feel any better it gets less creepy the more times it happens.” I explained to him. Dusk’s purple hoof began scratching the back of is head. Really did that midnight blue hair, with a hot pink streak going through it.

Blitz was giving me some strange stare. So I gave him one right back.

“Blitz, how ya been buddy? Didn’t expect to see you here for, whenever you decided to send my to jail for being a spy.” I joked with him. Dusk interrupted our ‘pleasant’ conversation.

“So, the doctors say you’re well enough to be released. Until you have some place to stay, Butterscotch has offered to let you stay in his place.” I was really hoping he would say his house.

I couldn’t even stop myself from asking.

“What about your place?” Both of their faces turned into confusion.

“What do you mean Sabrina?” Blitz asked. Dusk was to shocked to ask it.

“Oh, I mean. Well, just as an apology for breaking your roof you know. I’m really good with plants so I could fix that hole in half the time it would take a whole repair crew to fix it. Maybe even less.” I quickly answered. That was embarrassing.

Dusk, still shocked stiff, didn’t say anything. Not knowing what else to do I moved my hand in front of his face and snapped.

He shook his head.

“Wha-? You wanna stay at my house?” He asked. I laughed, at least I wasn’t the only one feeling awkward about this.

“Yeah, plus it would be a lot better than staying at a place that’s probably got more animals then he forest inside it." I joked. They both made small laughs, Blitz quickly turned back into suspicious mode.

A mare with a gray-brown coat and short brown mane walked in (or is it trotted in?) with a doctor vibe to her.

“Hello Ms. Sabrina. You must be feeling better.” She said happily. Thank God someone got us out of this awkward situation.

“Sure am Doc, there guys say I’m being let out today?” I asked.

“Yep, just need you to fill out some paperwork,” God kill me now, “And we can send you on your way.” The doctor began to walk out, I had the feeling I should be following her so I did. But not before waving good-bye to Dusk.


Dusk


She gonna stay at my house. Sabrina is gonna stay at my house. Why Solaris why? I couldn't get her out of my thoughts and the last thing I needed was her sleeping under my roof!

Thank goodness I made sure to send a letter last night, telling him about Sabrina. What I wasn't entirely expecting was a letter showing up a few seconds later saying that he would like to meet her. In Canterlot. Soon.

Don’t panic Dusk. Don’t panic. I’m sure he’s just going to ask her about how she ended up here. It would be nice to know what would send such a pretty mare into some other universe.

I called her pretty again didn’t I? Why do I keep thinking about her like?

Somepony calling my name got my attention, pulling me out of my panic.

Sabrina.

“Earth to Dusk, earth to Dusk. You in there buddy?” She asked. Earth? She gave a look with those two different colored eyes that almost looked like worry.

“Oh, hey Sabrina. Sorry, kind of got too deep in thought.” I answered, slightly embarrassed.

“I was thinking that. If you’d of been in ‘deep thought’ any longer I’d have to get Nurse Red Cross to come get you.” How did she know Nurse Red Cross?

“Ok ‘Ms. Goldenheart," Sabrina cringed at hearing that name, she didn't like her own name? "you’re all ready to go.” Oh, that’s how she knew Red Cross. Sabrina handed him a clipboard and began walking towards the exit.

I remembered it was just after Hearth’s Warming and would be freezing cold outside.

“Sabrina, aren’t you going to be cold?” She looked back at me with confused eyes, but they swiftly changed to joy.

“I forgot you didn’t know.” Know what? “I don’t get cold as easily as others I my kind do. It would take something less than 20 degrees to get my teeth to even start to chatter.” She wouldn’t be cold outside, this was something I needed to write down. “See at the Welcoming Party Blitz.” Sabrina cheered as Rainbow Blitz flew up behind us.

“Yeah you too. See ya later Dusk.” Blitz said before flying out the door, letting a quick cold breeze in.

“This weather is perfect.” Sabrina said. She ran out the door as fast as she could. I made sure I was wearing my scarf and boots on before I joined her.

It was a beautiful sight.

Sabrina’s arms were swirling about as fresh snow fell to the floor. Her brown mane blew in the cold winter air. She seemed almost in a state of pure joy.

“This is awesome! I love when fresh snow falls on the ground!” She cheered in her angelic voice.

Thought about her like that again. What is happening to me?

“Dusk!” I heard before snow hit me in the face. “Watch out!” Sabrina laughed. I wiped the snow off my face. Did she just throw a snow ball at me?

“Wow Dusk, you have bad reflexes.” I heard Berry say as he bounced past me,

“Hey Bubble.” Sabrina greeted.

“Hey Sabrina!” Berry greeted. He bounced right up to her and around her. “I heard you were coming out of the hospital today and that means we can start to throw your ‘Welcome to Ponyville Party!’ Were you having a snowball fight with Dusk?” Berry asked. Sabrina got a mischievous look on her face.

“You could say that.” I didn’t like that look.

“Twitcha Twitcha!” Berry shouted. Anypony left on the street ducked, for some reason I didn’t. I noticed Sabrina’s finger, as she called them, twirling around on her hand. Berry’s light blue eyes began to shrink.

“Uh, Dusk.” Berry said. I began to notice it getting darker above me.

“SNOWBALL FIGHT!” Sabrina yelled as I was attacked with multiple snowballs from above.

Next thing I remember was other ponies coming out and throwing the snowballs around. I made another discover about Sabrina.

The snow appeared in her hand, already in ball form. She hit all her targets and one aiming at her caught some breeze and avoided her.

She could move plants and snow