• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,770 Views, 45 Comments

Power of the Song - Authora97



What do you do when your family betrays you, you get transported to some gender-swapped version of one of you favorite TV shows, and love-eating bugs kidnap you from your stallions crush? Somebody tell me, because I don't have a clue

  • ...
19
 45
 3,770

Prince Solaris and Prince Artemis

Sabrina

I managed to get some sleep in Dusk's spare room. He was pissed at me. I didn't want to tell him about mare 'My Little Pony'. He would freak. Not just that it existed but that it was a TV show that I watched with Felicia.

After a night of sleep, at least I think I slept, I got ready for the day and in my dress and waited for Dusk to wake up. Spines had apparently made a breakfast and nearly fainted when she saw the dress.

"Elusive?" I nodded, "Yeah. I still don't know how you knew I had a crush on him."

I shrugged my shoulders at her. "I guess you'll never know Spines. You aren't very good at hiding it though."

"I'm not?" Spines asked. I figured it was time for a girl talk.

"During the party you barely took your green eyes off him. If I were you I would have left secret admirer notes at his Boutique once a week. Then, maybe one day after he's tried to figure it out I leave more and more hints about me until it became clear." I explained to her. Spines walked over to me, with a big plate of freshly cooked pancakes, and sat next to me.

"You know who I like but who's the lucky stallion that has you heart?" She asked me.

"The only way I would tell you is at a sleepover during Truth or Dare." I said flatly. It was then we heard Dusk coming down the stairs. "Sleeping Beauty, how was the night of sleep?"

Dusk grumbled a response.

He is so cute when he is sleepy headed.

"We have pancakes but we need to hurry. The train leaves in an hour." Spines explained as Dusk used magic to move pancakes onto a plate and began eating them.

Spines and I giggled as Dusk got over his morning self.


After an hour, and some ice spells on him to help Dusk wake up, we were all on the train. I got some time to talk to the others on the four hour train ride.

Butterscotch seemed like good idea.

"Hey 'Scotch, how'd you sleep?" I asked him in a kind voice. He gave a mumbled answer. "You're still a little shy around me huh?" He nodded. "Don't worry about it. I can talk for the two of us." That time he didn't give an answer. Maybe if I say something. "I'm actually kinda nervous about meeting the Princes." Butterscotch looked at me shocked.

"Nervous? You don't look nervous." Butterscotch told me.

"I'm good at hiding some emotions. I have tells though, like twirling my hair with my fingers, chewing on the inside of my cheek, rambling on and on and on. Like I'm doing right now." The two of us laughed.

"Why are you so nervous?" Butterscotch asked with his own kindness.

"I get nervous when someone important asks me to see them. You'd be surprised how often that happens." I joked nervously. I lost count of how many times I was called into the principal's office or had to schedule an appointment to get some one-on-one time with Mom.

Butterscotch lowered his butter yellow head into his crossed hooves.

"That would make me nervous too." I patted his rose colored mane.

"I'm hoping it ends well today."

After I got him talking, we had a nice chat. It got rid of my nerves because Butterscotch til me that well into our conversation I started twirling my hair.

The rest if the trip was boring to say the least. The most exciting part of it all was meeting mare Shining Armor.

Sparkling Armor (Shout out to Lyra_BrushStroke) (as I later learned her name to be) looked the same color wise. Her head was more feminine and she was wearing eye liner.

When she saw us she ran up to Dusk and wrapped him in a hug.

"Dusky!" She shouted.

"Dusky?" I asked him.

"Sparkling! We're here on official Prince business." Dusk explained as the rest of us laughed silently.

"I know but how often to I get to tease my LBBFF?" Shimmering asked him while rubbing a white hoof in Dusk's dark blue mane.

"Little Brother Best Friend Forever?" I asked her, she looked at me with a serious face.

"The Princes would like to see you now. They requested I bring you to them." Getting a half shocked smile (the kind you get when someone tells you you won a million bucks).

As Sparkling guided me away, I gave them all a thumbs-up. Dusk all would be too busy trying to figure out what I meant to sorry.

"So, what's your name?" I asked her as we left the stallions behind.

"Sparkling Armor. How did you know what I meant by 'LBBFF'?" She asked me.

"Cause that's what I would use. Plus it makes way more sense then 'Lake Bakery Blue Fire Flower', although it does have a ring to it." I joked. This got a small laugh to come from Captian of the Royal Guard.

"I guess it does. But Dusk gets all angry when I call him Dusky in front of his friends." Sparkling explained to me

Dusk. I really really liked Dusk. Something about him just, made me forget about whatever happened back home. His purple eyes were stranger than mine, in that they were purple. He was smarter than me I knew that but he was still a very big crush.

Uh oh

'Do you ever think

When your all alone

All that we can be

Where this thing can go

Am I crazy or fallin in love

Is it really just another crush'


These word floated around the halls of the palace. This was the worst part of The Siren's Melody, it would sometimes take my thoughts and push them out in song form.

At least it wasn't my voice.

"Did you hear that?" Sparkling asked me while looking in the halls.

"Yes. I think the Princes are starting to worry. Lets go." I answered, slightly embarrassed. This was worse than finding out that whole you were thinking really hard you were staring at somebody. Embarrassing.

Sparkling looked at me oddly but she kept on going.

'What were those stupid rules Mom taught me for when I meet dignitaries?' Just as I finished my thought, we arrived at a really big door.

Making careful steps I walked inside and saw stallions that did not look as I thought.

Solaris had the same white coat and height. His mane was different. It was bright red, orange, yellow and dark red moving in an unexisting wind. The rest looked just like Celestia.

Artemis was the same as Luna. He was just maybe an inch taller than me with a more square jaw.

I finally remembered my title.

"My name is Sabrina Goldenheart the First. Daughter of High-Priestess Georgia and Marcus Goldenheart. Second in Line to the coven of Malbridge, Massachsetts. Zup." This brought a laugh from Solaris. "But everyone better call me Sabrina, Ms. Goldenheart is my mom."

"Understood. We were told by Dusk Shine that you had something you needed to tell us. He wrote to me in a letter that you knew of the Elements of Harmony." Solaris said.

"It's gonna sound crazy Solar. where I'm from, Earth, all of this." I gestured to the room, "is a TV show. A cartoon. Where a stallion here is a mare there and vice versa. Thats how I knew about the Elements. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rariy, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie used them on Nightmare Moon, Celestia's little sister. That's how I know the story." I explained to the dignitaries.

Solaris gave a look to Artemis.

"Do you believe her?" He asked. Artemis gave me a strange stare that I quickly gave back.

"What can you do?" There it was. The wonder question.

Thinking about how to start, I held out my hand and formed a snowball.

"Impressive." Solaris said.

"That's not all." I tossed the ball into the air and pulled the leaf I hid in my hair up, using it to create a small trampoline for it. I used my powers over autumn to keep the trampoline up as the snowball fell on it. I used the summer powers to melt ball and freeze it as it rained to make it snow. "I can harness the Seasons: spring, summer, autumn and summer."

"I imagine you use them often." Solaris implied.

"Of course I do. You haven't lived until you make someone think they're stuck in some snow vortex and are being transported to another universe. Ha ha ha, it's hilarious!" I laughed.

Artemis and Solaris joined me in laughing. I went on.

"My mom however hated my pranks unless it brought life to a dull coven meeting. It happened more often then you'd think."

"We have Night Court where ponies would rather sleep. Our brother has Day Court and is treated with much more respect than a pony could want. We believe we know the boredom of a meeting of which you speak." Artemis explained.

"True. But I have one more power and it's a doozy."

"Could you show us?" Solaris asked.

"Of course I could. But we'll need to go to wherever Dusk and the others are without them knowing." I explained.

"Why?" Artemis asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"A prank ain't a prank if the victims can see you." I explained like it was obvious.



Dusk


We have been here for an hour. One hour and we haven't had word of Sabrina. I wasn't panicking, oh no. I was in a full blown meltdown. Had they killed her? Had they sent her to the dungeons? Would they send her back to her home as soon as she said where she lived? Would the kill her?

Applejack and Rainbow Blitz were playing card, Berry was bouncing around as if he didn't have a care in the world. Elusive and Butterscotch were simply talking. Spines sat in a chair bored.

One of the other guards had placed us inside the library. I read a book but was halfway through it by the time I noticed she was gone way too long. About ten minutes in.

"What if they send her to the moon!" I told the others. They all let out varying types of groans.

"For the last time Dusk." Blitz started. "Sabrina is a big mare. She can handle a couple a princes."

"I agree with Blitz. We'd know by now if they went and sent Sabrina up in them there moon haystack." Applejack explained.

"Have more faith in the mare Dusk. Anypony who can help make such a beautiful dress can handle something as simple as a Royal Calling." Elusive pointed out, for I think the fifth time.

"Oh yes. They would only send her away if they thought she was dangerous. Sabrina is too kind to ever do something worthy of going to the moon." Butterscotch explained.

"But she knew all that stuff about us. What if when Sabrina's tells Solaris how she knows he sends her to the moon!" I screamed at my friends.

"I'm sure she has an explanation that won't get her in too much trouble." Spine comforted.

"Yeah. I guess you're right." My friends let out released breathes, satisfied that I had calmed down.

Resting by a desk covered neatly in books I continued reading the book I was reading some fifth minutes ago. Spines was right. Sabrina couldn't be doing that bad.


"It's close to midnight

And something evil lurking in the dark

Under the moonlight

You see a sight that almost stops your heart."


"Did you stallions hear what I just heard?" Applejack asked us.

"That song? Yes I believe we did Applejack." Elusive answered. We all got up from our respective places and
followed the strange song that chilled me to the bone.


"You try to scream

But terror takes the sound before you make it

You start to freeze

As horror looks you right between the eyes.

You’re Paralyzed!”


“What is that?” Butterscotch asked, starting to get scared.

“I don’t know and I’d rather not find out.” I told them. “Let’s get out of here!”

We all dashed out of the library, the strange song following us. Yet all of the guards remained still, as though they didn’t hear it.


”Cause this is thriller! Thriller night!

And no one’s gonna save you from the beast about to strike! Yeah

You know it’s thriller. Thriller Night.

You’re fightin for your life inside a killer, thriller night!”


We kept on running, not really wanting to see what happens when whoever is doing this.

"Don't any of your guards hear that!" Rainbow yelled at one of them. The guard remained, not even flinching,

"Rainbow now is not the time to get angry now is the time to run!" I yelled as I heard the music creep up towards us again.

"Fine." Rainbow groaned as he joined the rest of us in fleeing.

"We need to find the Princes, them's got ta know what this thang is." Applejack explained.

As soon as he said that we all headed that direction. It wasn't that long a run though but the music almost caught up with us.

"Dusk..." Spines warned while clining to my back.

"I hear it too." I told her.

When we came close to the Throne Room I noticed three things.

1. There were no guards.

2. There were noises coming from the inside.

3. If there were noises then the Princes and Sabrina must still be inside.

"Stallions we need to get inside, now!" I yelled as we charged inside. Good timing too because the music was right at Elusive's back as we ran inside to find something shocking.


Sabrina and Artemis were laughing like crazy, Solaris looked at us all with amusement.

"Solaris, there's this strange beast chasing after us. It tried to play some music to lure us away, the guards refused to act and why are those two laughing?" I told him.

Sabrina stopped laughing for maybe a few seconds to talk. "You should've seen the looks on your faces when the music started. I thought you were gonna scream!" She then returned to her laughter.

Hearing some chuckling from behind me, we all turned to see Berry laughing with her.

"Why ya laughing Haystack?" Applejack asked with mild confusion.

"Because we just got pranked! I thought it was some Big Scary Monster Guy but now that I know that it was a prank it's hilarious!" Berry cheered.

Artemis calmed down enough to speak. "Thou were right, it would have been less fun if they knew what we were doing Sabrina. Tis a very interesting magic you have." He said before laughing again.

I looked at Sabrina shocked.

"You did that? But what about the guards?" I asked. "What was that?"

Sabrina waited a couple of seconds to answer me, still apparently finding my near terror funny. "That my dear pony, was my other Power. My friend nicknamed it 'The Siren's Melody', and I just used it to scare ya'll into next week. Thriller, it never gets old." I was mad now. "And you can thank the guards to that BSBFF of yours. When she heard ya'll were getting pranked and that the Princes were in on it. She just could not resist."

"That royal order I gave her helped however." Solaris pointed out.

"True, true, oh so very true." Sabrina, she always has another shock up her sleeve.

"All of that was a prank!" Rainbow yelled.

"Of course Blitzie. I at first thought it wouldn't work on account for the fact there was no monster just a creepy song from the 70's but you guys never let me down." Sabrina explained.

"Oh it is on," Blitz told her.

"It was on when I threw that snowball." Snowball?

"You mean the snowball fight in Ponyville?" Rainbow asked her.

"Nope. The one I'm gonna throw in three." Sabrina said. "Two, one!" Before we could react a bunch of snow fell on top of Rainbow, and melted just as fast as it appeared. "And that's why you don't start a Prank War with a witch in control of the Seasons Blitzie."

The seven of us just stared on in shock. She could control seasons and music? This would make things very interesting.

Sabrina patted Solaris' bac before walking towards, all too shocked to move. "Alright Solar I think these kids have had enough for today. I keep in my mind to send that letter after I finish building the Bungalow. Make sure they make it back alright."

"Understood Sabrina. Good-bye." He told her as she just walked out of the room. "The rest of you need to close your mouths, or else a fly will just fly right inside them." I finally camre back from my state of shock. Then the questions started.

"What was that? How did she do it? Why did you go along with it? How-" I was cut off by Solaris.

"My faithful student, you were so stressed before this prank. Sabrina thought it would be nice to get your mind off what might happen to her." Solaris explained. "She has requested to stay in Ponyville with you seven. Sabrina says the place felt more like home. I have also requested she start sending letters to me via Dragon-fire so keep that in mind. Oh, and Dusk..." I nodded. "The reason she knows all of those things will be revealed in my next letter to you. I have to get back to my duties and explaining face-to-face would take far too long. You all better hurry, your train is leaving in thirty minutes." Solaris said as he trotted away from us.

As we started walking back to the outside, I noticed Sparkling laughing off to the side.

"Have any fun Dusk?" She asked me.

"They told me about how you helped in that prank. Why'd you do it big sis?" I asked her.

"Because I knew you needed a good scare, plus it's not everyday I can have some fun with my LBBFF." Sparkling said.


We finally found Sabrina at the train station waiting by the Friendship Express. She was trying to keep from laughing, she wasn't doing a good job. Neither was Berry. When we finally got back on I noticed her apolgizing to a scared Butterscotch, after a while he finally seemed to forgive her. And even though I was furious at her,

I couldn't stay mad at her. Not matter how hard I was trying.

Author's Note:

Rate what you thought of the story. Use emotocons (those little pony faces, sorry I suck at spelling) though, those are way more funny.
Comment, like and fav! We have one more like than dislike, keep it up!