• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,771 Views, 45 Comments

Power of the Song - Authora97



What do you do when your family betrays you, you get transported to some gender-swapped version of one of you favorite TV shows, and love-eating bugs kidnap you from your stallions crush? Somebody tell me, because I don't have a clue

  • ...
19
 45
 3,771

Marija Gemheart

Sabrina


Let it never be said that I was a Pinkie Pie person. Being trapped inside a basic Fort Knox with only a few changelings for me to yell at was getting tiresome. This King Morphosis guy was either gloating about his stupid plan of waiting for Dusk and the others to show up and take me to Ponyville. I made sure to go over some basic defense I took back on Earth, I also thought of what Morphosis might be doing to try and earn my trust.

He could turn,of phase or whatever it is they call it, into Dusk to help me escape only to trick me with the same spell he used on the bridemaids on the show. He could make it look like they have the others captive and let me give myself up in their place. The list goes on but my fresh air deprived mind couldn't find them.

So for just about the third time that day, I was playing some song with my magic headphones.


"I know they say you can't go home again, I just had to come back one last time.

Ma'am I know that you don't know me from Adam, but handprints on the front steps are mine." I sang.

"Up those stairs, in that little back bedroom

Is where I did my homework and learned to play guitar.

And I bet you didn't know under the white oak

My favorite dog is buried in the yard." I got up from the cot and started pacing around the room.

"I thought if I could touch this place I'd feel it

This brokeness inside me might start healin'

Out here it's like I'm someone else

I thought that maybe I could find my self.

If I could just come in I swear I'll leave, won't take nothing but a memory

From the house that built me." I heard hoof knocking by the door.


"For the last time you stupid bug I'm not...oh. Hi." I said stupidly as I saw it wasn't a Changeling but a mare. She was in a cell across from mine.

The cells were like weird little bedrooms, small dirt covered cots with shoebox sized windows with bars to let me know what time it was. There was a door at the left end of my square cell with a window two shoeboxes wide with a tic-tac-toe bar design. Apparently the cells were right across from each other. Everything else was unseeable by me.

"Nice voice." The mare said. She had an all white coat like Elusive with a flowing black mane the same color as these stupid walls. Her eyes were the same color as Dusk's...

Focus Sabrina, no time to go all teenager I mentally scolded.

A white horn poked out of the black mane. The mare was probably standing on her hind legs just to be able to look out the window. I was having to slouch a little. What was really embarrasing about all of this was I was still in my nightgown and those black bastards wouldn't give me anything to change into. From the lack of plant I can't create anything either.

Her hoofs looked a little thin as she used them to hold herself up. It also had patches of dirt here and there.

"I get that a lot."

"You're not a pony." She said, shocked. I was wondering when she would notice.

"You are correct. My name is Sabrina and I've been here for what is basically two hours. You?" I asked her.

"Marija Gemheart." Wow. And they say I have a weird name.

"Nice to me you Gemheart. How long you been locked up?" I asked, not entirely knowing how to pronounce her name.

"Three Months, I think. A changeling grabbed me while I was hiking, next thing I know I'm stuck in this place." Gemheart explained.

"What's your cutiemark?" I asked,

"A red ruby in the shape of a heart. I got it when I found a gem looking exactly like it while hiking a while back. It means I have a big heart and I can always give some to others." Sappy, I like it.

"That literally made you a walkihg buffet for these things." I joked, she gave a small laugh too.

"Yeah. So how did a human end up in Equestria?" She asked me.

"My mom was Leader of our coven back home. She sent me here a little after Hearth's Warming. I was staying in Ponyville with Dusk Shine and the other Bearers of Harmony. I was having a sleepover with two friends in town while the Mane 6 went to Canterlot. I ended up being some pawn in a revenge scheme. And if that black chameleon wants me to help him? He's got another thing coming!" I nearly yelled.

"You know the Bearers?" Gemheart asked me.

"Know them? A lot of people where I'm from know about-." Shutting up now. The last thing I needed was for other ponies to know about the show. Maybe I could pull a Shawn Spencer with Morphosis and make them think I could see the future and saw the whole Wedding.

I always wanted to do that. Now I finally have the chance.

"What do you mean 'a lot of people where you're from know about them'?"

"I didn't say that last part." I corrected.

"But you were going to." Dang this mare was good.

"It's a long story. But believe me when I say when I met them I wasn't expecting it."

"What? The Bearers of Harmony?"

"Ponies. Walking, talking, technicolor ponies who can fly or use magic." A pause. "Why haven't you used your magic to escape?" Gemheart started to look sad.

"Because the changelings are draining me. Whenever I became strong enough to use a spell a changeling appears and drains me of my love and energy. I've been waiting for the chance where I can use my magic to go back home to my family." I think I saw a tear fall down her cheek.

"What's your family like?" I asked her. "I've got until King Bug comes back." She giggled, and then got to explaining.

"I have two parents, a brother and sister, a coltfriend who probably thinks that I'm dead..."

"Changelings can change form so whichever one took you is probably assuming your indentity, family and everything to your name." I explained. Did I just do that? Did I just correct someone while they were explaing something! Oh my God I'm turning into my mother. "Sorry, don't know what happened back there. Please, go on."

"Uh...okay." She eyed me warily with her Dusk Shine colored eyes. Dusk Shine. I hope he's alright. He's probably thinking this was his fault.

Because it was because of him that Morphosis targeted me. He's probably freaking out, his mane getting all crazy. Pupils shrinking to cartoon size. He's so cute when he freaks out.

"-rina? Sabrina?" Gemheart calling my name snapped me out of it. "You zoned and got this giddy look on your face. What was that?" She asked me.

"Nothing, just thinking about how my friends are handling it." My mind went back to Dusk.

"You got 'The Look'." Gemheart said, laughing.

"What're you laughin' at?" I asked her in an almost 'Pinkie Pie during the Discord episodes' voice.

"My friends told me I got the same look when I thought about my coltfriend." Crap. "So who's the stallion?" Was I really as bad as Spike at hiding my feelings for people?

I knew the mumbling technique usually only worked for Fluttershy or Butterscotch, so I just went and said it.

"Dusk Shine." I rested my head on the bars. "I'm thinking about Dusk Shine."

"The Element of Magic?" Gemheart asked, shocked.

"Yeah. He was the sixth stallion I met. He just has this air about that, I don't know, feels right." What just happened? I felt my cheeks redden.

"No matter what I did he couldn't stay mad at me, even when I pulled what I thought to be the Best Prank Ever on him and his friends at the palace. I knew he was trying to be mad but he just couldn't do it." A song came into my mind. One that I was sure would help Gemheart.

I knew if I escaped that the bugs would come tenfold after me. Gemheart would just go and the changelings would just shrug their shoulders.

"Gemheart, if I can't get to Dusk Shine then I'm gonna make sure you get to yours."


"Breakout, Breakout.

You know I look good in stripes, take my picture with my number

But the jailhouse ain't my type I can't stand it any longer."


As I sang I heard Gemheart gasp and run to the back of her cell.

"The walls, their breaking!" She told me.


"Oh baby, I gotta breakout. Oh baby I gotta breakout

Jail break, sweet escape, let's bust the walls down. *clap* *clap* Jail break sweet escape.

Get off the ground"


"I don't know what you're doing but I like it!" Gemheart cheered.


"Chains can't hold me. Two three four I'll be out the door.

Breakout! Gotta breakout! Breakout! Gotta breakout!

Tip toe slowly. When all lights out gonna hit the floor.

Breakout! Gotta breakout! Breakout! Gotta breakout!"


I stopped the song and saw Gemheart smiling at me.

"The hole, it's big enough for me to fit. Thank you! Thank you!" She cheered.

"If you run into a purple unicorn stallion, tell him that I'll be there soon." She waved goodbye and ran away.

I got back to singing because I knew at least one guard would see her, this song would make it easier for her to escape. Sometimes, when I sing, the lyrics do what I want them to. Like once I sang someone into being my servant for an afternoon, this song I used for various late night parties and such. A couple times I used to embarass the Pops at my old school.

Hopefully when the song ends she'll be at a far enough distance to escape. To give my message to Dusk.

I also felt the smallest hint of nature outside the hole inside her cell, that and it was slowly closing. Quickly reaching out I brought the vine into her cell then snaked it over to mine.

TIme for a costume change.


Dusk Shine


After another hour of debate, and help from Artemis, the eight of us began the trek to the Changeling Hive. Red Gala refused to calm down, so Applejack decided just to take her with us, telling her she'd get to buck the changeling's in the face. Spines also decided to come, saying she was a friend of Sabrina's and wanted to help her anyway she could.

It didn't entirely matter who we brought, so long as we saved Sabrina in the end.

Solaris said he had matters to deal with in Canterlot but that Eros would meet us along the way and Sparkling would be with him. Which was good because if we wanted to defeat Morphosis we would need to use their magic against him.

As I lead the group with the map Artemis made for us, I was thinking of what Morphosis could be planning. Based on what Eris told us Sabrina is at the heart of it all. She probably doesn't even know about the prophecy so the possibility that she was expecting the changelings is out of there.

Remembering the show she told us about, maybe she already knows about them. She probably just knows them differently. I can't even imagine Morphosis as a mare. Sabrina is probably freaking out too, she wasn't expecting changelings. Why couldn't we just get some other sign that she was okay.


"I know they say you can't go home again, I just had to come back one last time.

Ma'am I know that you don't know me from Adam, but handprints on the front steps are mine.

Up those stairs, in that little back bedroom

Is where I did my homework and learned to play guitar.

And I bet you didn't know under the white oak

My favorite dog is buried in the yard.

I thought if I could touch this place I'd feel it

This brokeness inside me might start healin'

Out here it's like I'm someone else

I thought that maybe I could find my self.

If I could just come in I swear I'll leave, won't take nothing but a memory

From the house that built me."


This song somehow brought up the spirits of everypony, minus Berry who never stopped bouncing the whole way out here, at least we knew Sabrina was alive.

"So how much longer until we get to this Hive, Dusk?" Rainbow asked me. I took a look at the map.

"Two days, if we take a short night stop and no surprises." I explained to him. "We'll find Sabrina guys, that song is proof she's still alive so if we just hold tight we'll be just fine."

The others nodded and we kept walking. About two minutes later we ehard another song.


"Breakout, Breakout.

You know I look good in stripes, take my picture with my number

But the jailhouse ain't my type I can't stand it any longer.

Oh baby, I gotta breakout. Oh baby I gotta breakout

Jail break, sweet escape, let's bust the walls down. *clap* *clap* Jail break sweet escape.

Get off the ground

Chains can't hold me. Two three four I'll be out the door.

Breakout! Gotta breakout! Breakout! Gotta breakout!

Tip toe slowly. When all lights out gonna hit the floor.

Breakout! Gotta breakout! Breakout! Gotta breakout!"


"Is that a good thang?" Applejack asked.

"It could very well be Applejack. Pardon if I'm incorrect but some of those words sounded like Sabrina had escaped." Elusive cheered.

"I don't know, maybe it was a trick by King Morphosis." Rainbow said.

"Sabrina would've left some clue in the song if that was true. She probably has escaped but we should still be heading towards the Hive in case she needs help." I explained.

"Yeah! And we need to smack that big King Meanie for taking Sabrina in the first place!" Berry yelled.

Filled with hope, I ran in the direction of the the music. The others following as best they could.

Now I was that much closer to finding Sabrina.

Author's Note:

Shout out to Blackheart, thanks for the OC!
The songs are 'The House That Built Me' by Miranda Lampart and 'Breakout' by Margeret Durante.
It took so long to get up because apprently my brother needed the chargecord to this computer more than I did and it died. My phone was no help and mom decided to take her computer to her other job so I was left without being able to finish the chapter. But I did!