• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 3,771 Views, 45 Comments

Power of the Song - Authora97



What do you do when your family betrays you, you get transported to some gender-swapped version of one of you favorite TV shows, and love-eating bugs kidnap you from your stallions crush? Somebody tell me, because I don't have a clue

  • ...
19
 45
 3,771

Magical Mystery Cure

Sabrina
One Week Later


Winter Wrap Up is way cooler then the show made it out for. Of course it does help that you can melt all the snow in three seconds flat. Helping Elusive make cute little bird nests were fun too. I managed to build myself the cutest little bungalow once we got all the snow cleared up. The two days were made up of getting new clothes by Elusive, a New House party by Bubble and even a small time helping AJ on the farm. Only one pony managed to figure out I liked Dusk (I’ll give you a hint, he doesn’t raise the moon) but Berry Promised to keep it a secret.

Dusk managed to forgive me for what happened at the palace, he thought it was funny after he got over the anger. Spines forgave me as soon as we got back, so did Blitzie. Solaris also left the telling of how I know all this stuff to me.

Even then I was still trying to get on Dusk’s good side. Apparently he needed help in the library because Spines was taking one of her seven hour bubble baths. I quickly agreed to help, spring cleaning is way more fun when you can harness spring.

I’ve heard this setup before, but where?

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

”Package for Mr. Dusk Shine.”

“Be right back Sabrina.” Dusk said as he walked over to the door, leaving me to remove the dust of the Elements of Harmony.

“No problem.” I said, half sarcastically. I heard the opening and closing before Dusk showed me the book and letter. “Looks important.” Dusk ignored me and opened up the letter.

”Dear Dusk Shine. The spell contained on the last page of this book is Starswirla the Maned’s Secret Unfinished Masterpiece.” He hovered the book closer to him “Ooo!” I chuckled, but the nagging sense of Deju vu hit me again. “She was never able to right and thus abandoned it. I believe you are the only pony who can understand and re-write it. Prince Solaris.” Dusk took a look at the brown book with golden rings holding it together.

“Don’t you think you should ask him what it does first?” I asked him.

“The best way to find out is to try it.” Dusk said flatly.

From one to another, another to one

A mark of one’s destiny singled out alone fulfilled. I heard some strange electrical sounds but was sure it was nothing.

“That doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t even rhyme!” Dusk said, simple placing the book on that center display in the middle of the library.

“Spells don’t have to rhyme Egghead.” I said, mimicking Blitzie for the last part. It was a pretty good impression too.

Dusk gave me a small laugh.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thanks for your help Sabrina. I appreciated it.” He told me. Did I see a blush?

“No problem. Plus, it wasn’t like I had anything better to do.” The clock suddenly chimed, saying it was 9. “I should get some sleep. You guys are early birds and unfortunately you all are turning me into one.”

“Alright, good night Sabrina.”

“Adios Dusk.” I cheered as I walked to my safe little Bungalow. That feeling I always got when I felt something was wrong kept nagging at me. “Maybe after some sleep it’ll go away.”


It didn’t. That bad feeling was still there and it didn’t help that Dusk was singing some weird song about the town shimmering and shining. Until Blitzie poured water on his head.

“Rainbow Blitz that’s not funny!” He yelled.

“Terribly sorry good stallion. I’m afraid I’m not good with the thundering one.” Came Elusive’s voice. I walked over to see him on the pink bridge.

“Elucy, whatcha doin’?”

“Doing what I’ve always done Sabrina.”

“Sabrina, you need to see this.” Dusk said. Taking a quick look I saw it.

Blitzie’s cutiemark was right where three little diamonds should be.

“Something tells me everything is not gonna be fine.” Dusk said, completing the song.

Stupid feeling that something bad was gonna happen.

Suddenly a bunch a ponies came around complaining about this stupid patterned weather.

“Too last season?" Elusive asked.

We had just finished winter a few day’s ago and he’s making it snow! Only I get to do that!

“Where’s Rainbow Blitz?” I asked Elusive.

“At his cottage, where else would he be?” Elusive told me. I grabbed Dusk’s hoof and dragged him back to the library. Picking up the sleeping Spines and dragged them off in the direction of Butterscotch’s cottage.


“I still don’t know what you had to wake me up for. I love sleeping in the rain.” Spines told us.

“Spines, Elusive was making it snow this morning along with rain, thunder, and painful sunlight. He had Blitzie’s cutiemark and said Blitzie was in his cottage. I’ve had this nagging feeling ever since last night and felt like we needed to check this out.” I explained to him.

“Elusive? Making it rain?” Spines said, shocked, as I knocked on the front door of the cottage.

A familiar cyan blue head with tri-colored bangs peeked out.

“Oh! Hey Dusk, Spines, Sabrina.” Blitzie looked a little sad.

“Rainbow Blitz why is Elusive doing your job?” Dusk asked as I heard a crash come from inside. Blitz ducked back inside.

“You ain’t getting away that easy.” I warned as I stormed inside the cottage.

It was like Rise of the Planet of the Apes in there. Birds were tweeting like mad. Woodland creatures, I think I even saw a bear, were running around like crazy and tearing the place apart. Was that a seal?

“What in the hell is going on in here?” I asked him.

”These animals don’t listen. No not one little bit

They run around out of control and throw their hissy fits

It up to me to stop them cause plainly you can see

It’s gotta be my destiny. And it’s what my cutiemark is telling me.”

And there, sitting on Blitzie’s flank was three pink butterflies.

“Butterscotch.” Dusk said.

“Fluttershy- I mean Butterscotch. We have to find him.” I said, thankfully Dusk didn’t notice my mishap.

“Try Sugarcube Corner. I think I heard he was throwing a party today.”

Faster then I could blink, we arrived. I think Dusk teleporte us. I heard the music playing as we go close.

”I try to keep them laughing put a smile on their face

But no matter what I try it seems a bit of a disgrace

I have to entertain them, it’s there for all to see

It’s gotta be my destiny. And it’s what my cutiemark is telling me.” A yellow balloon with two blue ones.

“Have you seen Bubble?” I asked Butterscotch, he seemed unhappy that ponies weren’t enjoying the party.

“Sweet Apple Acres. Why are you asking me that Sabrina?”

Then we ran to SAA, I heard country music. Began tapping my foot.

Dusk was the first to see a flat maned Bubble.

”I don’t care much for pickin’ fruit and plowin’ fields ain’t such a whoot

No matter what I try I cannot fix this busted water shoot!

I’ve got so many chores to do it’s no fun being me

But it has to be my destiny cause it’s what my cutiemark is telling me.” I didn’t like seeing Bubble like this. So,
so, un-Bubble. He seemed completely different yet exactly the same. On his flank was AJ’s cutiemark. “We need to get to the Boutique.” Dusk and Spines gave me a strange look. “If Elusive has Blitz, Blitz has Butterscotch, Butterscotch has Bubble and Bubble has AJ, then what cutiemark is left for AJ to have?”

Their pupils shrunk.

In almost no time at all we arrived at saw what would make Rarity jump of a cliff because she could never get such fashion horror out of her mind.

”Lookie here at what I made I think that’s it’s a dress

The clothes have got me awnry I can't take all this stress!

Could ya’ll give me a hoof here and help me fix this mess!

My destiny is not pretty but it’s what my cutiemark is tellin’ me.” There on the former country pony’s flank were three diamonds.

Spines, Dusk and I walked outside to find Elusive still standing on the bridge, trying to fix the weather.

”I’m in love with weather patterns but the other’s have concerns

For I just gave them frostbite overtop of their sunburns.” That sounds like it hurts.

After hearing all of my friends singing what I could only guess was the chorus.

I finally remembered where I had seen this. It was all on TV a few weeks before I was sent here! The episode was, Magical Mystery Cure. But how did that stupid episode end?

“I think I know what’s wrong.” Dusk said, running towards the library.


After explaining what happened last night to Spines, Dusk got all depressed thinking he ruined their lives. He even sang a sad song. Frankly I was sick and tired of him sulking. I wanted my panicking, OCD having, stallion back.

“Dusk you listen and you listen good.” He looked up at me with tear filled eyes. “Why are you in here sulking when you should be thinking of ways to get them all back?”

“Because I caused this Sabrina! I can’t think of anything else to do!” Dusk yelled at me.

The songs from the episode filled my mind.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need. A friend will be there to help them see. A true, true friend helps a friend in need to see the light that shines from a true, true friend. We need to get out friends back Dusk. And if you won’t help then I guess I know how much you value their friendships.” I said, hoping it would work.

Dusk shot up from the bed and began to yell at me.

“They’re all my best friends! They mean more to me than anything! They’re like family to me and I messed them up!”

“If they mean so much to you then why aren’t you trying to remind of how much they mean to you huh?” A look of clarity filled his eyes.

Dusk ran down the stairs of the library and placed the elements inside a box.

“I got it! I know what do!” He cheered, Spines and me ran down to make sure Dusk was alright. “I might not be able to remind them of who they are, but I can try to show them what they mean to each other.”

Good, more songs coming up. I love a good song every once in awhile. The blue jewel covered box was placed on Spines’ back. We ran out the door and noticed the balloon preparing to go.

With Butterscotch.

“‘Scotch wait up!” I shouted.

I arrived first and was given a hearty smile from Butterscotch.

“Oh, hey Dusk, hey Sabrina. I was just about to head back to Cloudsdale. They might like my parties.” Butterscotch explained.

“We love your parties Butterscotch but we need help.” I started.

“Rainbow Blitz is having trouble with the animals.” Dusk finished.

“But I don’t know anything about animals.” Butterscotch said shyly.

“But you do know Blitz.” I said.

“I know he’s a true friend. And I’ll do anything I can to help him. So I guess I could help.” Butterscotch said proudly.

“We’ll be there to help don’t worry.” I assured as we ran to his cottage.

Okay first off, no one told me that animals ate ponies. It looked like Blitz was being made into Rainbow Stew.

“We have to help him!” Butterscotch yelled. “Dusk, isn’t there anything you can do? Sabrina?”

“It has to be you Butterscotch. Rainbow Blitz needs YOU!’ I said pointing a finger at him.

Looking at the complete onslaught of Animals Attack, the timid pegasus flew up to them.

“Um...hello. Little woodlands creatures?” Doesn’t look to be working. “I know you’re all upset and feel like giving Rainbow Blitz a hard time but I would really appreciate it if you calm down and maybe rest for a bit?” He had gotten all of their attention, even Lilitha Bunny who looked more than happy to get rid of Blitz. I created a couple of acorns and a small salad, pushing them towards ‘Scotch. “OH! Look, a nice juice salad for you to munch on. And some crunchy munchy acorns too.”

Butterscotch trotted up to the three animals still wanting to barbeque Blitz, offering them some more of the nuts.

The animals cheered him, Lilitha Bunny ran up to him and hugged him hoof. When the bear gave Butterscotch a big bear hug, I noticed a faint pink glow growing around Butterscotch.

Grabbing The Element of Kindness I ran up to him.

“My Destiny!” And with that, the party pegasus was gone and my favorite timid pegasus was back, cutiemark and all.

“It worked!” Dusk and I cheered as the music suddenly filled the cabin.

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need.” I sang.

”A friend will be there to help them see.” Dusk sang. Butterscotch joined in.

”A true, true friend helps a friend in need

To see the light that shines from a true, true friend!” I wrapped them both up a touching hug.

“Um? Hello! Friend trapped inside remember?” Blitzie yelled.

As Dusk used his magic to untie Blitz, I sang.

”Elusive needs your help.

He’s trying hard doing what he can.” Butterscotch took over.

”Would you try? Just give it a chance

You might find that you’ll start to understand.”

Group singing!

”A true, true friend helps a friend in need.

A friend will be there to help them see

A true, true friend helps a friend in need

To see the light that shines from a true, true friend!” In a flurry of motion, we got Rainbow Blitz back.

“Um, what just happened?”

“No time. AJ is making suits!” I yelled at him.

Blitz and I guided Elusive to the Boutique.

”Applejack needs your help.

He’s trying hard doing what he can

Would you try just give it a chance

You might find that you’ll start to understand.”

After a moment or two, Elusive did nothing so I did the only thing I could.

”Thread by thread, stitching it together

Fashion line, cutting out the pattern snip by snip.” My impromtu singing was interrupted by Elusive.

”Making sure the fabric folds nicely

It’s the perfect color and so hip.”

I joined the three stallions in singing the chorus.

By the end, we had Elusive back.

“Oh my, what a terrible dream I had.” He looked at the horror of suits and dresses definately made from old cloth from Sweet Apple Acres. “Or maybe I’m still having it.”

“Elusive, Berry Bubble is about to lose the Apple Farm. We need Applejack’s help!” Dusk said proudly.

“Lose the apple farm? Well we can’t let that happen now can we?” Elusive grabbed a confused Applejack, Elusive had his cutiemark I would be confused too, and began singing on the journey to the decaying field of trees.

”Berry Bubble is trouble

We need to get there by his side

We can try to do what we can know

For together when can be his guide!”

Taking Bubble by the hoof we all began doing our part to bring the Farm back to life.

It wasn’t long before AJ started taking Leadership of it all, getting an orange glow. I placed the Element of Honesty on him and it changed from a purple apple to an orange one.

“YEEHAW! Now that’s more Ah like it. What’s next?” Applejack asked of us.

“We need a party. Fast.” I explained.

“The towns ponies are furious. We need to old Berry Bubble back.”

“No problem, I no just the thing.” AJ said before grabbing Bubble and dragging him towards Ponyville.

”The town’s people need ya, They’ve been sad for a while

They march around, faces frown, and never seem to smile.” Applejack sang, placing those corny glasses on Bubble. I finished the verse and helped Applejack push Bubble.

”And if you feel like helpin’ We’d apprecite a LOTTTTT!

If ya get up there and spread some cheer form here to Canterlotttt!” The Element of laughter was placed Bubble. His hair poofed up and he quickly turned the faces of the town’s ponies happy.

“BERRY!” They all shouted.

After we had a town parade consisting of the rest of the song, the Mane 6 got in a group hug giving them all a very bright pink glow.

I’m sure you know the rest. Dusk ran off like crazy into the library, wrote the rest of the spell, the Elements blasted him only leaving a burn mark.

“OH MY GOSH WE KILLED DUSK!” Bubble shouted.

“Hold yer hooves haystack. Let’s see if we blasted him inta town.” Applejack said.

We spent the next two hours searching town. I knew we wouldn’t find anything and we simply would have to wait.


Just as we came close to our third hour of searching, a bright pinkish purplish flash brought back to the library.

“Dusk, is that you?!” Applejack asked. With his eyes still closed, Dusk let his wings out.

Dusk was an Alicorn. The episode played out as I remembered it to. Solaris came out, told us Dusk was a Prince. He even bowed. I noticed though as Dusk looked towards me and I slowly bowed, I could have sworn I saw a pained look in his eye.

The next day I watched with pride, a maybe a small cut or two from Elusive rushing to make me my new dress last night, as Dusk became the Newest Prince.

I felt a small tear fell off my cheek. My feelings for Dusk became clear to me as he gave his speech about him being the luckiest Pony in Equestria to have such great friends as the seven of us (Spines included).

I was in love with Prince Dusk Shine.

My power suddenly released the song ‘1234 by the Plain White T’s’ out into the open. Using little control I had over it I blew it into the opposite direction, praying no pony would hear it.


Regular POV


Black. More black. A little green. Even more black. That’s all there was at the Changeling Hive. They had been forced to leave their ancestral home due to the Pony Army attacking it after the Invasion by their leader King Morphosis. He sat in his throne room, patiently awaiting for his guards to report on anything strange sightings. Morphisis’ plan would have gone without a hitch if not for that Prince D’amore Temporus and that purple stallion.

He swore that he would get his revenge on them both if it was the last thing he did. It wasn't until a song came on the breeze did he finally have a way of doing it.

'You make it easy, as easy as 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4,

There's only 1 thing, 2 say, 3 words, 4 you

I love you"

An evil smile formed on his bug lips.

"So the legend was true. The Keeper of the Song is here. How delightful..."

Author's Note:

I don't own this Episode. it all goes to Hasbro
This needed to come in, Dusk's status as an alicorn comes in handy later.
Thanks to silver_fang for the male name of Chrsyalis. I did some extra research and found a good name for Princess Cadance as a stallion. Still need a nickname, so get to commenting!
Like and Fav as well