• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,878 Views, 34 Comments

Little Nemo: Adventures In Equestria - Mak Manto



A crossover with My Little Pony and Little Nemo: Adventure In Slumberland

  • ...
7
 34
 1,878

Chapter 8: The Princesses Arrive

Fluttershy's Cottage

Zecora had told them as much as knew, which wasn't really a lot. Dream magic, as she said, was extremely rare and very hard to control, something that Princess Celestia and Luna must've kept locked away. So, did that mean that the mysterious figure knew magic? Twilight tried to figure what it all meant...

A falling bed from the sky, a squirrel, a mysterious creature, and an unknown balloon...

"None of this makes any sense! I've read every book that I have on any hint that it might tell me more about dream magic, but there's nothing! How are we supposed to help Princess Celestia if we can't figure this out?"

Rainbow Dash yawned loudly, not out of boredom, but merely tired. Plopping down on the sofa, she looked at Twilight with shadows under her eyes. "It's not like anything's happened, Twi. Maybe it's nothing."

"I think it might be more than that, Rainbow Dash."

Everyone turned to hear the voice at the door of the cottage, the regal sound automatically notifying who it was before any of them had to guess. Twilight's horn glowed for a second, opening up the door to see that it was Princess Celestia AND Princess Luna. As all of the ponies and Spike bowed as they walked in, Celestia smiled.

"Please, stand up, my little ponies. You've been working very hard. Princess Luna and myself have also been trying to find out who the figure was, and we believe we may have found the answer."

Stepping forward, Luna looked at everyone before she raised her hoof to the ceiling. "We are not alone, my ponies. The dream world that I connect to so that I can watch over everyone's dreams is able to connect to other worlds. For reasons yet unknown, someone has been able to come to Equestria through the dream world."

Twilight looked at the two princesses for a second until a question came to her mind on what Luna just said.

"You mean somepony, right, princess?"

Luna shook her head. "I mean someone... This is not a pony. As my sister has looked into it, apparently this being is called a human. He comes from another world called Earth, but it's far more complicated than that."

Celestia closed her eyes for a second, trying to find the right words.

"Dream magic is extremely unstable. Only a few ponies have ever successfully done it, and the only for this magic to work is for one dream to connect to another. This human didn't come to Equestria from Earth, but from a dream realm called Slumberland. Apparently, our worlds are bridged by some sort of magic unknown to us. We saw that some of the people of that land had come through on a dirigible..."

Pinkie Pie looked confused. "A dirigi-what?"

Celestia smiled. "A dirigible. It's like a large balloon, but it's able to hold a lot of humans in it."

Twilight gasped, now understanding what she had seen. The balloon in the air! "Princess, I think I saw this balloon! When I was getting everybody, I saw it floating in the air for a second before it disappeared."

"Luna and I think that the people of Slumberland might be wanting to meet with us, seeing as how they discovered Equestria. We've known that there may be others besides us, but this may be a good time to finally meet with them. Though, before they come here, I want all of you to head to meet them. This is the other reason I brought you together."

"You sayin' you want us to head to this... Slumberland?" Applejack took off her hat, scratching her head.

"Yes, Applejack. Princess Luna and myself want to keep an eye on Equestria in case any more Slumberland natives come through. The seven of you will be representing our world when you head through. Twilight," Celestia said as she turned to her student. "I want you to take your balloon. Princess Luna will help you move through the dream realm to reach Slumberland."

"Wow! A whole new place for us to visit! This is going to be so much fun! We should bring them presents and cakes and everything! Oh, do you think that we can fit the party cannon in?!"

Celestia allowed herself to laugh at Pinkie's enthusiasm. "I think that would be a great idea, Pinkie Pie. Allow the people to know we're friendly and we would love for them to come to Equestria. All of you are our ambassadors of good will. I'm trusting all of you."

As she bowed and left, Luna looked to the ponies. "Well, little ponies, seeing how it's going to be morning soon enough, we only have a few hours before I can open up the dream realm for you. Gather what you need and I will meet you in Ponyville where Twilight Sparkle's balloon is. Do not worry about returning. When you feel the time is ready for you to come back, have Spike send a scroll and I'll open the portal for you."

As she left too, everyone was silent for a second, letting the words sink in. But Pinkie Pie thought of a question that just came to her.

"Do you think they're going to like cupcakes?"