• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,878 Views, 34 Comments

Little Nemo: Adventures In Equestria - Mak Manto



A crossover with My Little Pony and Little Nemo: Adventure In Slumberland

  • ...
7
 34
 1,878

Chapter 13: Royal Invitation Unannounced

Slumberland - Royal Garden

Walking among the flowers, Nemo and Camille were finally alone. Icarus had decided to go flying by himself to enjoy the sights among the city, and Flip, thankfully, hadn't been spotted since he left. As they enjoyed the smells of the new tulips and roses that were growing in the late Spring, Nemo wasn't exactly sure what to do. He had imagined this moment for a long time, of just the two of them being by themselves. Yet, the best laid plans never really worked out as how you set them in your mind. As they came before a sweeping view of Slumberland, he and Camille stopped.

"So what happens to Slumberland now? Without the Nightmare King being a threat, what will you and King Morpheus do?" The thought had come to Nemo many times. Nightmare Land was so longer in action, and with the citizens of the land safe, he wondered if they had plans with their new found peace.

"Well, we were thinking of looking at Nightmare Land and converting it. We're not sure of where the rest of the nightmares are, but we don't think that there are many of them left. If we could reform the land, especially with the help of the Boomps, seeing as how they came from there, we could bring a new era to our kingdom, something that's never been seen before."

"What about the nightmares that remain? Have you seen any, or have any try to come to Slumberland?"

"That's the weird thing. We sent a dirigible to scout the area, but we couldn't find anything living, but it looked... alive. I know it's not a good description, but it looked as if the land was still trying to come back. We couldn't find anything of the Nightmare King, so we're sure he's gone, but who knows about the nightmares and goblins. Without their king, they're no more a threat to us than Flip is."

As they both laughed at that, he felt a hand come onto his. Looking at Camille, she smiled softly, causing him to blush hard. Was this really happening, or was it only a dream? As she looked at him, she spoke softly.

"There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about you, Nemo. You saved me and all of Slumberland from an evil we couldn't defeat. My father may have wanted to have us be friends when he originally sent for you to come here, but I think that something else has come from this. Don't you feel it?"

Gulping hard, he wasn't sure what to say. He began to sweat as he looked at her. He did feel it, and it wasn't as if they hadn't kissed before. But it had been a long time since it had happened. So much had changed, and he didn't want to have his heart broken again by being taken away from Slumberland.

As he moved in close, he nodded. "I do feel it, Camille. It's been a long time since I've felt anything like this, and I want to make something between us happen, but I don't want it taken away again with me leaving you. It nearly killed me the last time it happened."

She nodded slowly, taking in his words. She understood what he meant. They had been separated for five years, not being able to talk to each other. It had been a strain, losing her only friend, someone she had fallen in love with. But was Nemo really ready to move forward with this. As she neared him too, closing her eyes, she was ready to feel his lips on hers again. She was ready-

"Your highness!"

Jumping back startled, she saw several guards and Professor Genius running out into the garden. As Nemo stood back, his face still red, the guards came to her, looking worried. the professor straightened his tie as he pointed to the sky far above.

"Princess, we must get you inside! Several guards have reported seeing a balloon coming down into Slumberland!"

Camille looked confused at the news. "What's the problem, professor? Many people own balloons. What's so strange about that?"

The chief guard this time spoke up. "It's not the balloon itself, your highness. There are creatures in the balloon that aren't Slumberland natives. We've only seen afar, but there are seven of them. Six of them are... ponies and one looks to be a dragon."

Camille's eyes widened at the news. Was it a possible nightmare? She had heard that they could take shapes of monstrous creatures like dragons, but ponies seemed strange. "Ponies, you say? They're just floating on their own?"

"We haven't yet tried to stop them, but they look intelligent, your highness. They have, from what we can see, bags and sacks, and they looked like they were talking to each other. We don't know if this is a trick from the nightmares. We have to get you inside for your own safety!"

Camille shook her head to the horror of the professor and her guards. "I don't think this is an attack. I want to meet with these ponies and this dragon. Do not harm the balloon. Let it land and have them wait there. Nemo and I will be down in a few minutes."

"But your highness..."

"There'll be no arguments. My father left me in charge, and the last thing I want to see is Slumberland attacking someone who might be just visiting our land. Go, now."

As they nodded and left, the professor stayed behind, trying to straighten his hat. "Princess, we can't be sure as to what they are."

"Professor, it's been five years, and no nightmare has yet come. Why would they come now? The Nightmare King is dead, and his army is in shambles. They know we have the royal scepter, so they wouldn't come. Nemo, what do you think?"

Nemo placed his hands behind his back, nodding to Camille. "If Slumberland hasn't been bothered, I wouldn't be worried. Besides, after everything I've seen last time, I'm prepared for anything new and strange to appear."

Camille smiled at this affirmation. "Then it's settled! Professor, go ahead to meet with our guests. And do try to keep the guards from scaring the visitors. Slumberland is known for being warm and kindly, not as mean and gruff."

Bowing, he too left. Camille sighed, fluffing her dress. "Sometimes, it makes me wonder how we even managed to live with the Nightmare King. Nothing has happened in so long yet so many people are still scared. I can't blame them, but it's sometimes dangerous in how they act."

As they began the walk to the front of the palace, Nemo looked around for Icarus, but he was still away, flying at his own leisure. "So, ponies. I always thought there was just Slumberland and Nightmare Land."

"Oh, no. There are many words beyond this, but we've never gone beyond our own. The nightmares kept us at bay, and since we defeated them, we spent our time rebuilding. I'm not surprised that we're finally gaining new visitors to Slumberland. To be honest, this is exciting. We're on a new adventure, Nemo!"

Nemo smiled genuinely for the first time, happy with what she had said.

"Yeah, we are on a new adventure..."