• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,878 Views, 34 Comments

Little Nemo: Adventures In Equestria - Mak Manto



A crossover with My Little Pony and Little Nemo: Adventure In Slumberland

  • ...
7
 34
 1,878

Chapter 11: Nemo's Regret

Slumberland - Royal Palace Dining Room

The dining room had been set up when news arrived that Nemo was coming. Bearing its grandest design, the room looked marvelous as several of Camille's aides came into the room, giving them tea. Flip was sitting by himself on a small couch, taking a sip before making a face. Lighting up a cigar, he sighed happily as the smoke entered his lungs. Camille, also sitting by herself, frowned at Flip, but didn't say anything.

Nemo and Icarus sat together on another couch. Icarus, though, had decided to jump on the table to eat some cookies. Looking up at him, Icarus smiled and chattered happily before going back to eat.

Nemo, though, was still feeling anxious. He wasn't sure what to say to the princess. It had been so long since they had last seen each other, and all of the dreams he had of this moment where they would reconnect was not working. Though, Camille turned to Nemo, smiling, seeming at ease.

"So, Nemo, tell me, what have you been doing these past five years? Has your town changed?"

"Uh, it's changed a lot, princess. Automobiles are becoming much more popular in the city. I'm now going to high school as well, so I'm learning new things."

"That must be interesting... My tutors here teach me everything from the palace, so I've never gotten to go to school. Maybe you and I can go to your school sometime. I'd love to see how it is on Earth."

Flip laughed at the comment, getting up from the couch and looking at the two teens.

"Princess, have you ever seen Earth? It's far different than what little Slumberland is like. Ask Nemo about it and he'll tell you that the world he lives in is far more dark than what he has let on."

As Camille looked at Flip in shock, she turned to Nemo.

"Is it true? I always thought your home was something magical. Is it really that dark as Flip says?"

Nemo was silent for a second before he shrugged. He didn't want to lie to her, but Flip was right in a sense. Slumberland was nearly perfect in every way. There was virtually no crime, and now that the Nightmare King was dead, Slumberland didn't have to worry about nightmares anymore.

"It's... a mix. There are some things that are not worth mentioning because of just how people are, but there are good things. There are people who care, people who help, and I think it makes up for all the bad that happens. Princess, it's not a perfect world, but it's one we live with."

They were silent as the words sunk in. Even Flip sat back down quietly, not knowing what to say. As Icarus stopped eating, he jumped into Camille's hands. Looking down, she gave a sad smile, petting him.

"Well, I still would love to see it. I think there are some things worth visiting. Besides, I'd have you at my side, Nemo. I doubt anything is worse than the Nightmare King..."

Feeling his face warm up, he gave a small cough. Standing up, he stretched his legs, looking to get outside.

"Princess, why don't we go see the city for a little bit? I think it would be neat to see the people again."

Getting up, she nodded.

"I think that's a great idea. I have to show you the changes that have been made. The people, as well, will want to see you."

Flip jumped off the couch, yawning loudly.

"If that's the case, I'm leaving. I have some things to do, but don't worry, Nemo, I'll be back later. Though, remember what I told you."

Giving him a nudge and a wink, he left the room, heading for Flap. Inwardly groaning, Nemo just gave a weak chuckle at Camille who looked at him oddly.

"That Flip! He's such a character, you know! Always doing weird things!"

As Camille nodded and gave a small chuckle, Nemo followed behind with Icarus flying behind him. As they made their way outside, Nemo couldn't help but close his eyes in shame.

How more goofy can I get?