• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,877 Views, 34 Comments

Little Nemo: Adventures In Equestria - Mak Manto



A crossover with My Little Pony and Little Nemo: Adventure In Slumberland

  • ...
7
 34
 1,877

Chapter 6: Mane Meeting

Fluttershy's Cottage

It hadn't taken long for all of her friends to come. Twilight and Spike had rounded up the girls in less than an hour to meet up at Fluttershy's house, all of them told that an important message had been sent by the princesses. Now, as they were sitting around the cottage, Twilight was pacing back and forth, trying to figure out what to make of the message. Rainbow Dash, who was hovering above, looked down, trying to calm her down.

"Don't worry, Twilight, whoever or whatever this thing is, it won't be a problem. I'll just give them the old one-two! They'll never except it! I'll fly right in, giving them a fight for their life!"

Applejack snorted, looking at the flying Pegasus. "As reassuring as that sounds, maybe we should try to figure out what Princess Luna saw." looking at Twilight, her voice softened. "Have you heard anything else, sugar cube?"

Twilight shook her head, visibly distracted. "No, nothing. Princess Luna wasn't sure what it was, but I don't think this is an enemy or a malevolent force. If it was, why did they attack? It's strange, but while I was coming to get everyone, I could've sworn I saw something in the sky. It looked like a balloon, but it was different."

Pinkie Pie became excited, jumping around as she heard the news. "A balloon?! Maybe it's for a party that they want to bring us! What if these people want to come to Ponyville for some fun! I could set up a big welcoming party for everyone, with cakes and streamers!"

"No, Pinkie," Twilight said, which caused Pinkie's mane to deflate. "We need to remember we don't know who this is. We have to be careful at all costs."

"Oh, Darling," Rarity spoke up, looking at her hoofs and polish them. "This doesn't have to mean that it's something bad always happening. It could be anything, my dear."

"But that's the point, Rarity. It could be anything. What if it's Queen Chrysalis, or even King Sombra? Discord's been reformed, of course, but there are still others out there who would want to come back at us."

"I... I don't think it's anything bad." Everybody turned to see Fluttershy near the back, feeding Angel. As the rabbit ate a late night snack, Twilight looked at her friend, perplexed.

"What do you, Fluttershy? Why do you say that?"

"Several hours ago, some of the birds in the sky saw a bed falling to the ground, and on the bed there was a squirrel and... I don't know what it was. It wasn't anything they've ever seen before. It wasn't a pony or any other creature that I know of from what they told me, but the thing seemed scared. Would something evil be scared?"

Twilight pondered for a second, trying to make sense of what Fluttershy was saying. A bed falling from the sky? This story was making less sense than ever. Though, if he had an animal with him, than perhaps he was good. But who was he, and the better question was, what was he? Sitting down, she looked at Spike.

"Did you find any books in the library about this kind of magic, Spike?"

"Sorry, Twi, but there was nothing, but I was thinking, why don't we go see Zecora? She might know of something that we don't."

That was a good idea. The zebra did know of certain alchemy potions that could explain what was going on. The only problem was that it was in the middle of the night, and venturing into the Everfree Forest was dangerous. Though, the princesses had given them a task. Looking at her friends, she nodded, assured of the decision.

"We're going to see Zecora. She might know what's happening and may have an answer for us."

Fluttershy quivered in fear. "Can't we wait for morning, Twilight? It's dark and scary in there, and it's not too safe to be wondering around."

"I know, Fluttershy, but we need to figure out what this is all about."

Sighing in approval, the six ponies and Spike left, heading towards the edge of the forest. As timberwolves howled into the night, Fluttershy flew behind Dash, visibly scared.

"Come on, Fluttershy, didn't I tell you that there's nothing I can't stop? You'll be fine."

Coming to the ground, she hesitated for a second before following them into the forest. As they passed gnarled trees and dozens of red eyes peering out from among the branches, the ponies moved slowly, looking for any threat. The forest was deathly silent as they moved deeper into the tangled mess before a familiar sight came to their eyes.

Zecora's hut...

Galloping the rest of the way, Twilight knocked on the door, hearing a grumble before it opened up to a disheveled Zecora. Looking at the, she sighed.

"Ponies, this better be good for you ruined my sleep, content I was in counting sheep."

Twilight came forward, bowing. I'm sorry to bother you, Zecora, but we wouldn't be here unless it was important. Apparently, someone tried to enter Equestria by dreams, and we wanted to know if you knew of anything like that."

Zecora moved aside, allowing them in. As the ponies flocked inside, Zecora closed the door moving over to her pestle.

"Dream magic is extremely very rare, something all ponies should beware. If the magic should become uncontrolled, the consequences can be very bold."

"So, it is possible, then... Please, do you know of anyone who has tried this?" Zecora shook her. "Sadly, I do not, for Luna stands guard, and the spells you seek have always been barred."

Feeling deflated, Applejack came over to Twilight. "What does this mean, Twi? Is this something good or bad?"

"I don't know. Canterlot wasn't broken into, and if nobody took these spells, maybe we're dealing with something we've never seen."

Zecora came forward, her voice now stern. "Be careful my little ponies, for there is much at play, and in the end, it may lead to your dismay..."

Staring at the zebra, everyone fell silent, pondering her words.