• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 1,253 Views, 19 Comments

Ponyville - milawynsrealm



Humans are mysteriously brought to Equestria in Pony form. What happens now is anypony's guess.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,253

FROM THE AUTHOR

Due to some very valid points made by some readers (http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/friendship-is-magic-brainstorming-for-18-threads-straight.259809/page-124), and by the fact that I was myself getting increasingly dissatisfied and irritated with being limited to a first person POV, I have decided to completely do this story over again. It will be the same story, but hopefully I will do a whole lot better the next time around.

As I may have mentioned before, I had no official plan for the story when I first started writing it, and didn't even have any initial desire to even release it publicly. And since this is considered to be my very first novel, I didn't know about the limitations to a first person POV or fully consider the character(s) full reactions.

But to hopefully reduce any confusion for the rewrite, I will list some key points for readers to keep in mind:

* I will no longer be limited to a first-person POV, however the primary focus of the story is still around a single character and what he has to go through. Every so often, I may switch to another character to reveal some important information, but overall, I do not want to be switching to too many different characters in a single story since it will be too confusing for the reader. If you want to explore how other "new comers" would react in the story, then by all means go right ahead. I've heard a few good examples already from the link I've provided above (goth, newlywed, immigrant, etc.) and might implement some of them myself.

* The reactions of each of the characters (yes, even the main character) will hopefully be more realistic than before.

* Take out any knowledge of MLP:FIM from any of the characters. I was hoping to make this point an important part of the story, but even I admit that it is too distracting from more interesting parts of the story.

* Each of the houses will STILL be from different towns/cities. One of the confusions that a few of the readers had, was that all the houses were from the same exact town. Even from the beginning, I was curious at what would happen if different parts of America (and yes, they will be from a single country with the possible exception of some foreigners staying with relatives) would have to coexist with one another (eg. someone from California living next to someone from Texas).

* The "new comers" will still be changed into ponies. I'm fascinated by transformation stories and having the characters going through the trials and tribulations of change is something that I want to explore. If you want to have an alternate universe where all the humans don't change into ponies, then nothing is stopping you from writing your own story about it. I really don't mind.

****

Overall, I wrote this story to improve my writing skills, and I appreciate any comments to help with further improvements. I have cancelled this story to start a new one and will leave this story here for archival purposes. If you have any more comments or want to tell me any problems you had with this story, then PLEASE let me know. I want to write a good story.

Comments ( 1 )

Continue and update soon, please. Imagine Daniel's father face when seeing how his wife and son become love their new forms and shock when hearing his wife tell something in style is better to be pony and hooves is better as hands/feet and more.

Login or register to comment