• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 18,191 Views, 488 Comments

Her Knight in Shining Scales - The Dragon Warlock



Spike finds a book that reveals Twilight's true feelings for her number one assistant.

  • ...
72
 488
 18,191

Epilogue: Ten Years Later

In the Ponyville Library, a tall lavender alicorn was busy reading and writing something on a piece of parchment. The door suddenly opened and a tall, rather muscular purple dragon with green spines with golden Royal Guard armor walked in. The alicorn noticed the dragon and went over to kiss him.

“So what spells are you writing down now Princess Twilight?” Asked the dragon.

“Oh stop it Spike,” she said with a blush. “You know as well as the others that you can still call me Twilight. I may be an alicorn, but I’m still the same mare you’ve come to know and love.”

“I know that, but I’m not here to joke around. I’m here because I’ve got some exciting news to tell you.”

“Oh? Then what’s so exciting about this news?”

“Hey Dusk Scale, come on in and tell her yourself.”

A rather tall figure stepped out of the room with a smile on his face. The figure was leaned muscled and had dark purple scales all over his body. His spines and tail though were replaced with a dark green mane and tail and he had the snout of a stallion. He was dressed in a purple t-shirt with blue jeans and worn out white sneakers. Dusk Scale ran over to Twilight and hugged her tightly.

“You won’t believe it mom!” He shouted in a rather deep voice. “I finally got my cutie mark at last!”

“That’s great Dusk Scale,” said Twilight. “So what’s your mark in?”

Dusk Scale pulled his pants slightly down to reveal a large open book with a magnifying glass on one of the pages and a question mark in the middle.

“Um . . . is it mystery novel writer?” Asked Twilight.

“No mom, it’s a cutie mark in being a researcher,” he said. “I got it during one of my class assignments. We were supposed to study a species of our choice and I decided to do the Firebird, a very rare bird species that some say is like a phoenix. I was told there were no Firebirds around here, but I knew I saw one flying through town at one point and decided to study it. I observed and recorded it habitat, what it eats, and even saw an egg that hatched another Firebird.”

“That’s amazing,” said Twilight. “So what happened then?”

“I showed the class what I learned and they were all very impressed with my research and studying. Mrs. Cheerilee was very impressed with what I learned and even pointed out the glow coming from my flank. When I realized I got my cutie mark, the entire class cheered and they all congratulated me.”

“I’m so proud of you Dusk Scale,” said Spike. “You definitely have your mom’s intelligence in you. So what do you want to do to celebrate?”

“Well . . . I heard your one friend Pinkie Pie is in town with her husband, Braeburn. I’ve heard about her parties and would love to have one planned by her.”

“You know, that does sound like a good idea,” said Twilight. “It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the girls anyway. I’ll go get Caramel and Applejack from Sweet Apple Acres and see if they can come. I’ll also swing by Fluttershy’s place so her and Thunderlane can come along.”

“You do that Twilight,” said Spike. “I’ll go by Rainbow’s place to grab her and Soarin. Then I’ll go by the Carousel Boutique and get Rarity and that one stallion whose name I keep forgetting.”

Twilight gave a nod and walked out the door. Spike was about to follow suit, but was stopped by Dusk Scale.

“Dad, can I ask you something?” He asked.

“What’s the matter son?”

“You know when I told you about that pretty mare in my class, Crystal Prism?”

“Yeah and what about it?”

“I’ve been trying to say something to her, but she seems more interested in a handsome colt in the class than me. I know mom told me the story of how you two got together, but how can a researcher win over a mare as beautiful as her? I’m nowhere near as strong as you and I’m a kirin.”

Spike put his hand on his son’s shoulder and said, “Dusk Scale Sparkle, you are a brilliant and intelligent colt. It doesn’t matter if you’re a kirin or a pony, you have to show her how much you care about her. You have to take things slowly and prove to her how much she means to you. The one thing I’ve learned all this time from being with Twilight is that no matter how hopeless it may seem, there’s always a chance to win over somepony, or somedragon, you love dearly. You can’t just let the fact that you’re a kirin stop you from pursuing your heart’s desire.”

Dusk Scale looked at Spike for a few seconds before hugging him. “Thanks dad, I can see now why mom loves you.”

“No problem Dusk, now go on and get to Sugarcube Corner. I heard Pinkie and Braeburn are supposed to be visiting the Cakes and their children today.” Dusk Scale nodded and took off, with Spike watching him.

“He certainly takes after you, doesn’t he?” Asked a voice.

Spike turned and saw Twilight was smiling at him. “Yeah . . . but he reminds me of you as well. It’s kind of cute actually.”

“Do you think he’ll be alright though?”

The dragon smiled and nodded. “I know everything will work out for him.” Spike grabbed Twilight’s hand and the two walked out of the library and towards Sugarcube Corner.

Author's Note:

There you all have it, the end of the story. I know some things in it like Rarity being with some unknown stallion was a bit of a cop out. I had plans for who she was paired with originally, but I decided to back out of that and left her with some random stallion. I didn't pair her with Fancy Pants since I'm under the impression he's married to Fleur De Lis. That and he's too old for her. So I say just come up with a stallion as to who Rarity is with.

A big thank you to FlimFlamBros. for being my proofreader and helping me out along the way. I couldn't have done this without your assistance.

Inferno demon Dash, I hope you enjoyed this story since you're a huge Spilight supporter.

I know I teased you all with that semi-clop scene, but I honestly didn't feel like trying to write clop in this story. Maybe somewhere down the road, I'll write a story that acts as a chapter fill in for what happened.

I hope you all enjoyed the story and I'll announce my next project in the future. Until then, see you all next time for another story.

Comments ( 115 )

If I'm completely honest, this didn't finish as strong as it started. Perhaps I'm just noticing it more, but there seem to be more surface errors in these last couple chapters, and the dialogue immediately after Twilight wakes up seems a little... forward. I mean, they JUST admitted their feelings for each other, and Twilight is already talking about concerns of inter-species marriage and SA is wishing them a happy life together. I think this story might have benefited from having that scene be a little less forward, and having the epilogue be 3-5 years later and cover the marriage/Spike's proposal, with a just a short note at the end about their kid.

Also I could have sworn this fic started with the ponies as ponies, not anthropomorphized...

But hey, that's just my two cents. I still enjoyed it thoroughly. Not enough TwiSpike romance fics :D

that was a really good ending to a really good story. bravo!

2124675 I'm sorry if the final few chapters didn't really make you happy. I still hope you enjoyed it overall though. :ajsleepy:

2124677 Thanks. :twilightsmile:

2124729 Hope you enjoy it.

2124734 Thank you.

Finished nicely... I just wish you had named Rarity's husband...

img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/d3bcc084f3e879f318d38a3c2407c384/http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx190/Pip-Chan/Save%20a%20Copy%20of%20this%20photo/134106986666.gif

Well done my good sir. Glad to see such a fitting ending to such a great fic. Sad that it had to end, but nothing good can last forever :twilightsmile: Can't wait to see what you have next up your sleeves.

2124813 I couldn't think of another stallion. And I don't ship RariPants, so that was out of the question.

2124829 Thank you.

2124813 DW's being too nice and don't get mad at him for pairing Rarity with a random stallion. The original plan was to have her and Rainbow hook up as foreshadowed by her taking her home after the party. I had asked him to not pair Rarity with Rainbow Dash because apparently that irked me... which is weird because I'll pair Fricken Iron Will with Snails for the laughs.

Anyways, if you have to pass blame. Blame me! :twilightsmile:

And if it will make you feel better... YOU are Rarity's husband :raritywink:

Hmm...Princess Twilight Sparkle and her husband and Royal Guard Spike the Dragon.....who would have knew it? Possible potential foreshadowing for MLP in the future?? Again, hmm.. :moustache::twilightsmile: If it goes that way, both Spike and Twilight can talk to Cadence and Shining Armor about it.

Such feels!!! It was cute, funny, and relaxing to read. Dusk Scale is just about the spitting image of Spike in the romance dept, I hope he succeeds in his endeavors; I have a feeling that it may be from the other mare that his son was referring (Crystal Prism, right?), wonder how it would work for her to be crushing on an actual prince. I guess the more things change, the more things stay the same. Sparity, the next generation perhaps?? :raritywink:

Since Spike has married Twilight, does that mean that Spike is a prince as well, or is is just he's just a draconic member of the guard?

Oh, and kudos to keeping them both here in Ponyville despite being royalty. Usually I was thinking that since Twilight being a Princess, she and Spike would have had to move to Canterlot among the other members of royalty.

Oh and Dragon: It has been both a honour and a privilage to work with you these past few weeks. This was a fantastic story and you deserve every thumb, fav and watch that you gained from it. I know that I ain't the best editor... Hell, I'm downright mediocore! But you believed in me, and I believed in you who believed in me! And now I sit here in the blistering coldness that is Canada and I'm thinking to myself...

Why... why must it come to an end? OH WELL! If you ever need another pre-reader or crappy editor you can always count on the FlimFlamBros.!

You know for a fact I am:twilightsmile: Best pairing ever in my eyes and you did very, very well on this last chapter, I'm seriously impressed. I really like the OC you have for the two and even more so is the fact that you made Twilight an Alicorn, so not only is she a Princess of Equestria, but also a Goddess...only question is what of?

Poor Spike though, he and his son, as well as Peewee and Philamona (spelled that wrong) will live for a very long time but even they will not live for as long as the Gods:fluttercry: Only downside of Twilght being an Alicorn when it comes to Spilight really.

You did, very well, and I'm honored to call you my author friend as well as be a fan of you work, I can't wait to see you write more, War:yay:

Considering how good the first 3 chapetrs were, this was a very... Weak ending. I'm sorry, but it's so rushed and quite forgettable. I mean... I honestly can't find a reason for the epilogue to even exist. It adds little to nothing to the story, except for letting us know if the rest of the girls got married or not.
I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I've seen some of your other works. And you can do it so much better than this.
Even so, it was a enjoyable story. Specially the first two chapters. I won't complain about the lack of clop. But I do feel that a romance scene for just the two of them is missing.
Anyway. Thank you for the story. It was entertaining. And I wish you luck on your future projects.:twilightsmile:

I felt a little disconnected throughout the reading and I don't mean offense. You did use the AU tag, but constantly refer to their anatomy like they're human. Where they all anthro?

A great ending to a great story, from
a ultimate kickass writer.

Great story, 10.5 out of 10 mustaches :moustache:

2125148

While cleaning the library, Spike comes across a book hidden in Twilight's bed. At first it seems like an ordinary book, but he soon finds out that his longtime friend has been holding some feelings back. But what should Spike do? Should he open his heart to Twilight? Or will he crush her feelings?

The Alternative Universe tag is once again there since the characters in this story are anthronized

Riz

2124858
Alicorn Twilight ? FFFUUU !!!!!!!!!!!
Nah Just kidding..

BTW what's a kirin ?

Riz

2124755
Also will there be more fics from you ?

I just now realized it was anthromorphic.

CIA

2125401
you can't be serious?.......oh dear lord you are!
well mate the team and I would like to send you a message.

Nice ending, but I find the ships kinda strange... I mean, of course Rainbow and Soarin', and I can also understand that Fluttershy is with Thunderlane. Pinkie and Braeburn is a bit strange, but still understandable since they're both kinda crazy, but why in all of Equestria AJ and Caramel? Also, in "Her Dragon: Part 2", why Apple Bloom and Snips?

2124930 Thank you.

2124937 The way I see it Spike is a prince, but he's still like a Royal Guard much like Shining Armor is. I'm glad you loved the story overall.

2124956 I'll keep you in mind for the future. :raritywink:

2125054 I'm a fan of CelestiCord as well and wanted to give a shout out to that pairing.

2125084 When you pressure and do something like what Twilight did to Rainbow, you can get her to do almost anything.

2125104 I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. I'll write more in the future.

2125121 Let me say that I deeply apologize that you didn't enjoy the last two chapters. I know they seemed kind of rushed, but with what's happening to me in RL right now, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get anything done until April. I know that last two chapters felt kind of rushed, but I tried to not make it seem so rushed or forced. I just wanted to finish the story before my time would get so consumed, I would barely have time to write that much. Please forgive me for how the story went and I hope my next project will satisfy you.

2125148 You do know what anthro is, right?

2125198 This is anthro.

2125251 Thank you. :twilightsmile:

2125283 Thanks. Have a mustache on me. :moustache:

2125331 A kirin is a mixture of a pony and dargon. It's like a hybrid.

2125335 Yes, but not for a long time.

2125401 bearsharkaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/you-dont-say.jpg

2125607 Eh . . . whoops. :twilightoops:

Good job ^^

2125617 Thank you. I don't know how they can't tell this is antrhonized. :twilightsmile:

2125787 Thank you.

2125830 That was an error on my part. It was supposed to be Snails, not Snips. Going to fix it now.

2124933 I would really rather a random stallion then a gay marriage... And both me and my main oc are girls...

2126253 Ah... then you are welcome

Great ending, enjoyed it very much. :twilightsmile:

Great ending to a great story.
That story about filling in that you mentioned: will it be rated teen or adult? Just curious.
Oh and have this: i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/damiano014/IReallyReallyREALLYWasntPreparedForThis_zps67ee362e.png

2126297 And besides my favorite ship of all time is SoarinDash

Good ending to a good story, nice work!:moustache::twilightsmile:

2125617 Add me on steam. Link on page, lft spy.

2126536 Huh, never thught of that way, good point.

And you're right about that, even though she is a Princess/Goddess she can't go around killing creatures if she wants to show a good example...hmm...

Nice story. I'm gonna say that :moustache:Spilight:twilightsmile: shipping will take off after the finale only because Twilight is gonna end up becoming an immortal alicorn and Spike is a dragon which are immortal as well.

Good inclusion of a kirin, with them being a creature from eastern mythology (dragon-horse...though in some countries it varies to ox or deer) Chinese omen of serenity and or prosperity.

imageshack.us/a/img535/6841/lmoud.gif

2126078
Yeah it's happened to me xD
People beat me to it, so I always check the comments before posting anything :rainbowwild:

2126015 Awesome, then I'll be sure to aid you when you write more if you ever need it:twilightsmile:

Amazing!!! A perfect love story!!!!:twilightsmile::raritystarry:

Well, good job man, great story, the end is a little rushed, but it was a great journey :rainbowkiss:

By the way, Caramel is Applejack´s cousin, why you made them couple :rainbowderp:

2126361 Thank you.

2126461 There were sexual suggestions. I hope that clears up anything and thanks for reading.

2126481 I remember that picture of Spike.

2126637 Thank you.

2126759 I'm glad you enjoyed the story and thanks for reading it.

2127101 Read the description for Faust's sake. It's anthronized ponies.

2127416 Thank you.

2127712 I'm not telling. :trollestia:

2128040 I know the story was a little rushed, but things in RL are going to force me to stop writing for a while. Also, Caramel is NOT Applejack's cousin. There is a Caramel Apple, but that pony is a mare and was in the first episode of the series. This is her:

images.wikia.com/mlp/images/2/24/Caramel_Apple.png

I don't know what some of these people mean with this "weak ending" stuff. The only way to ruin a shipfic is to have the characters NOT end up together. If you did that, the whole universe would go silent.

But seriously, this went pretty well for me.

2128656 Some don't like how the ending seems a little rushed.

2128666 Well I think turning them to stone and locking them in a secluded place suits them better. They are forever trapped between life and death.

2128577 Well..... touche! Warlock, touche! :facehoof: but wait a second, in the chapter 11, winter wrap up, Applejack says to big Mac that caramel lose the grass seeds, adn here is him
mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Caramel

2129152 I know about that Caramel, but he wasn't seen in Apple Family Reunion, so that means he isn't a family member.

this.... i will contain my rage im still feeling from this morning... was very good. you get twelve moustaches :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

2131543 Why are you angry is you loved the story? :rainbowhuh:

2131743 because of the new episode. I dont like it, but i will deal with the purple overlord. this story is boss, and none of the anger is directed at it.

2132269 I actually liked the season finale.

Login or register to comment