• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,046 Views, 176 Comments

Learning to Fly - Nightroad



In Scootaloo's quest to unlock the secrets of flight, she learns a little something about love

Comments ( 11 )

Okay, great chapter, but... but I noticed some major flaws here.

1. Scoots gets assaulted and doesn't tell Fluttershy that a freaking stalker just told her that he wants to rape her? Why? Because she doesn't want Fluttershy to be worried? That doesn't make sense.

2. Lyra is Rarity's sister? That is completely out of left field(unless I missed something) And it's pointless.

3.

More than half the stadium fell back into a chorus of joyful cheering, and even the other Wonderbolts cheered for the new married couple.

Proposing to someone doesn't make you married(unless it is some sort of pegasi instanta marriage) it makes them engaged.

I get the point of Rarity wanting to distance herself from Lyra because she's assumed to be an odd pony but why would her parents? It's shown that their parents are kind of odd also so Sweetie Belle would have already known she had another sister. Also I think anyone would have mentioned the stallion who basically assaulted Scootaloo especially because it'd been addressed that the incident upset her. I also thought this was a really sweet chapter with the date and I'm looking forward to more Spitfire.

why?! to watch new lovers struggle a bit and with the rainbow dash plot, there wasn't any(ANY!) need for this kind of thing. sorry, but for me, your rating went from very good to average. this isn't what you promised us readers (in my opinion).

I'm going to echo the other comments: Lyra is not Rarity's sister. That just plain does not work with the show, and I highly doubt that this information will end up being vital to the story (it's pointless in this chapter). The detail about the Princess' box was another thing that was worked up without any sort of payoff. Plus the fact that Spitfire protected Fluttershy until RD did. The potential rapist, while I guess not unexpected, is just strange. It doesn't match with the details we have so far. Why would a rapist, upon not finding Fluttershy home, mess up the place? The thing to do would be leave without leaving a trace, and then return later without ever having raised any alarms. Same goes for him attacking Scootaloo: why? I'm hoping that eventually a deeper plot is revealed, or just a very different motivation for this character, because I'd say that's the way the facts lead.

So yeah, I have some issues with this chapter. Scoots and Fluttershy are still cute together though, though every once and awhile I get a little creeped out. I think that Scoots just comes across as being younger than she's supposed to be in the story.

i see this evil guy as dashies chance at redemption

.... and another pony I'd love to trow a Indignation at.... One of these days I have to write a fic in which I gather all of them in one place and then just fry them all on one shot....

Great story so far but I'm sad scootaloo didn't end up with rainbow dash it sucks but I guess that's life

I love to hate this stalker. :pinkiecrazy: I hope he gets his ass kicked. :twilightsmile:

4429274 thousand year rehab.... you just made my day! :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

i can't believe we get this far, only to have the author fucking disappear. what a waste.

Now....now we're getting into it.

This is just cruel.

Login or register to comment