• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 2,930 Views, 66 Comments

Corruption - Slingshot619



The mane six find themselves in a different dimension again, one filled with nightmares and fear.

  • ...
6
 66
 2,930

Ending 2: So Far Away

Twilight ran forward, unsure of the monstrous act that she had just witnessed. It was nerve racking seeing her friends like that, just mangled and mutilated. It was too much.

Twilight eventually arrived at the Everfree Forest, it truly was beautiful. Twilight would've taken the time to appreciate the scenery but her mind was still shrouded with a dark cloud.

Twilight lit her horn and a ball of magic was created. It floated off Twilight's horn like a feather, and slowly drifted towards a stone wall. As soon as it made impact, a portal was made. Twilight saw the familiar book shelf and the table with the flower vase.

Twilight charged forwards, finally, freedom from the cold dark hell known as Equinox. Twilight charged forwards, she felt her hoof touch fresh air for the first time since she left Equestria, She could already feel the warm atmosphere of the library, the familiar clean air.

But before she could fully go through, there was a flash of black, she heard the sound of something being smashed into a tree. Twilight opened her eyes, her back in massive pain, she was in a state of shock and confusion.

The portal was right there, all she had to do was escape her restraints. Her restraints however were black tendrils, a jaw on the end of each one. All of them biting down on her limbs, from the arms to her legs. They held her down, not allowing even the slightest bit of movement.

Twilight watched as a lavender unicorn stepped out of the shadows. Her pure black eyes gleaming with excitement, it was Dimmed Star. She had a sly grin on her face, as if she was saying: "I told you so!"

Twilight tried to use her magic to free herself, but Dimmed Star thrust out another tendril that struck Twilight right in the horn. There was so much force that it knocked off Twilight's horn together with a chunk of her head.

Dimmed Star approached the ruined unicorn and let out a small chuckle.

"Any last words?"

Twilight's head had a chunk of flesh and skin missing as a result of Dimmed Star's tendril attack. Her brain was seen throbbing and pulsing underneath. Blood still poured out of the opening and trickled down Twilight's face.

With all the strength she could muster, she raised her head to look at Dimmed Star right in the eye. A ferocious fire rarely ever seen in anypony blazed in Twilight's eyes. She was angry, sad, yet somewhere inside, she was happy that she was going to be joining her friends.

"Thank you." Twilight said

Comments ( 21 )

Hmm, can't decide which ending is better...

1647411

I listened to this while writing.

To be honest I like this so much I really would love to see a sequel.If enough people vote on it of course.:)

1649887 Well, I plan on doing just that. If it get's popular enough of course.

I dunno, this one's a bit dull when compared to the other's deaths. Dimmed Star's a necromancer of sorts, right? Why didn't you play around with that? Have her kill Twilight, then bring her back for more suffering :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Anyway, I liked this story.

1648711 I listened to the Soundtrack while reading that chapter... and listened to this while reading THIS one
[youtube=toAWvBd7FXY]
kinda of sets the mood...

With your double endings, one is usually good and the other depressing. This is an exception. I wish I knew how to spell exception. :derpytongue2:

1651007 Well, i didn't say exactly what happened to Twilight right?

1651624 But, I'm gonna have a bit of a problem writing it though seeing as how the mane 6 are already killed.

1654612 How about they enter the mane 6 universe and pretty much conquer or destroy it?

1654703 Yeah but it would have to be planned,you know just saying.

1652471 Ironic enough I was listening to Coldplay's paradise when I wrote the second ending.

Hum , your work made me think of a concept.
Something along the line of the Mane6 becoming similar to the corrupted versions we see here but staying in the "good" side.
I found the idea of a sadistic ,hommicidal and cannibal Pinkie fighting for the good side interesting. :pinkiecrazy:
As such , my take on a sequel would be something like this : Twillight somehow manage to go back in time , but can't make it past the point where they are basically trapped in the twisted world. She then realise that the only ways to survive is to fight them with their weapons , aka letting the smoke corrupt them.
Ending with the now corrupted mane six resuming their lives in their own world. (That would be so fun as a slice of life :pinkiecrazy: ... herrhem sorry I'am rambling again.)

Well , that's just me and my completely unresonable liking for very dark stories with good endings , or at least bittersweet endings , :twilightsheepish:

Anyways it was a good read , thumb up and fav.

I thought this was going to be an ending where the evil doubles go to normal uncorrupted Equestria.

Btw Zalgy, Zalgo.
And Dimmed Star reminds me of "The Darkness" (game).

To be honest, I thought that Twilight was going to be absorbed into Dimmed Star's magic or that she was going to be corrupted into some dark force that Dimmed Star was going to control.

I still thought the ending was pretty good will check to see for more good stories!

That ending chilled me, and I use the sort of magic Dimmed does.

Goodbye, sweet dreams:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment