• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 2,931 Views, 66 Comments

Corruption - Slingshot619



The mane six find themselves in a different dimension again, one filled with nightmares and fear.

  • ...
6
 66
 2,931

Chapter 8: When Darkness Turns To Light

Twilight woke up, her eyes fluttered open as she slowly rose off the ground and stood up. She stretched and yawned for a while, she hadn't noticed the absence of her friends yet.

Twilight slowly approached the window and stared out into the dark skies of Equinox. It was morning by now, but the smoke and smog blocked out the ball of light known as the sun.

Everything was supposed to feel dark and cold, but Twilight felt...... colder. She looked around to find out that she was alone, all alone in the house that she had been hiding in for days.

Her eyes were filled with anxiety, her worry was gradually growing. She saw no signs of her friends. They were gone, all in one night. Twilight collapsed, she felt tears well up in her eyes, the ponies that had been so close to her, were now gone. So many memories......

Twilight managed to pull herself together. She got up, her heart and mind weighing her down.

Why continue fighting? Why not just give up, die and join your friends."

Twilight managed to ignore the suicidal thoughts that flooded her brain and forge on.

"It's time to go home."

Twilight knew that the mutant smoke would flood Equestria if she opened up a portal here, thus causing all her efforts to waste away. She needed to go to the fresh un-corrupted Everfree forest. But how was she going to get there? Simple, she was going to gun it. Just run, don't look back.

Twilight calmed herself down, she needed full focus for her mad dash back to civilization. It wouldn't take long for the Equinox girls to zero in on her. Twilight calmed herself once more. She exhaled an unusually large amount of air and dashed out the door.

Twilight ran for her life, there was a road that went straight to the forest, it would definitely work to her advantage. She ran as fast as her hooves could carry her, she eventually made her way to Willshire Road. From here onwards it would be a straight dash to her goal.

Oh but the Equinox girls were far more intelligent than that. They'd set up a trap you could say. But it was designed to hurt not physically, but mentally.

Twilight ran into Willshire Road and almost immediately she saw a corpse, it was part rainbow and cyan blue with most of it being white. Twilight felt intrigued and walked right up to the dead body. She instantly regretted her decision. She was staring at the corpse, of Rainbow Dash.

Her flesh and skin had been mostly stripped off, with only a single arm and a portion of her had bearing any meat at all, the remaining cyan blue fur had was almost red from all the blood. Half her head was just a blood stained skull, her torso was just bones, nothing else. Stripped clean of her flesh. It truly was a horrifying sight to behold.

Twilight backed up and bumped into another corpse, this one was Applejack's. Her body had a ripped chest where her livers and lungs dangled out. Her heart was still inside her rib cage, giving out the faintest of heartbeats. In between her legs was her completely blood red decapitated head, she wore a look of shock on her face.

Twilight closed her eyes, feeling a tear start to well up in the corner of her eye. She didn't want to see more. She walked away and continued her walk, soon enough she stepped onto something, it didn't feel like the cold stone cold floor she had been walking on, it felt softer, smoother, Twilight looked down to see the deflated body of Fluttershy.

Fluttershy's body was completely flat, like a deflated balloon. Her intestines, bones and even flesh had been melted and consumed by the venomous Spiderlock. Her eyes were now ruined, crushed to pieces with stray tendons and nerves amongst the assortment of destroyed eye pieces. Twilight stared in horror at the devastation that was brought down upon her friends.

She closed her eyes and forged on, only to bump into two stone statues.

The first was obviously Pinkie, but her hair was flat, and her expression was ferocious. Filled with rage rather than horror. She looked rather mad about dying. A certain ferocious fire blazed, even though Pinkie was stone, Twilight could still sense the anger that flowed through her.

The second statue was Rarity. She had what looked to be blood coming out from her stone eyes. She had a look of sadness on her face. Twilight was devastated to see her friend in such a state of dismay.

The lilac unicorn ignored the remains of her friends, she ran towards the Everfree Forest with tears streaming down her cheeks. Knowing that her loved ones were gone.


Here you go. Another chapter, early in the morning. I'll be releasing both endings by tomorrow. Why two endings? Because both of them are too good to be left out.