• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 4,965 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie Pie The Matchmaker - flutterdashforever



Pinkie does her best to get Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash together...

  • ...
4
 30
 4,965

Pinkie Pie The Matchmaker

‘Step, step, step slide. Step, step, step slide.’ That was the only sound in the house of Fluttershy. She had been pacing for hours now and she didn’t know why. She had been unable to sleep, she just lay on her bed, tossing and turning. After a while she had gotten up and made herself a cup of tea but when she finished all she could do was start pacing again. It was Rainbow Dash, that was the trouble. She had been acting so funny lately. Whenever Fluttershy ran in to her she seemed kind of hopeful and shy at the same time. This was vexing but why did her friends strange behaviour bother her so much? She should be concerned. After all, Rainbow was her best and oldest friend and that should give rise to reasoned and well-meaning concern. She looked briefly at the slightly smooth patches of floor that she was now walking over. This wasn’t reasoned.

The late night air was cold and crisp. Fluttershy wore a pair of long purple and black striped socks to keep her hooves warm. That was what was causing her to slide every time she turned.

Outside the light of dawn was just beginning to caress the landscape. Angel sat on the table looking at the yellow mare with concern. The bunny was a light sleeper and so had been roused by the kettle boiling. He had lazily hopped out of bed and saw as his caretaker began her pointless pacing. As the hours wore on however he soon found staying awake to watch the distressed mare to be more and more tiresome. He had hopped back in to bed and woke several hours later to find Fluttershy still pacing.

He was concerned but there really was nothing he could do. In the end he went back to bed and tried to get back to sleep. ‘Step, step, step slide.’


High above the small cottage at the edge of the Everfree Forest was a blue pegasus. She was fast asleep on a cloud, dreams of soft yellow wings and a silky pink mane filling her head. She had taken up sleeping above Fluttershy’s home in the last few days for reasons that she couldn’t quite make sense of. There was no particular reason to be overly concerned but she had reasoned that living so close to the Everfree Forest was dangerous. She knew that this was a lame excuse and so, had no desire to try it on her other friends.

Rainbow Dash wasn’t having a good night, these dreams that had plagued her for nights on end could be very distracting as well as downright uncomfortable. Just as the sun peeked above the horizon, she woke from her troubled dreams and looked around. It was cold and the sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon. Rainbow stretched and wondered what to do now she was awake. In the end she decided to go and visit Fluttershy, it was still insanely early but she was always up early to take care of her animals. Rainbow Dash got up and shook out her wings. After she was sure they were working properly, she dropped off the side of her temporary bed.

Wind whistled in her ears as she free fell through the early morning air. After a few seconds her wings snapped out, bringing her to an abrupt halt just above Fluttershy’s cottage.

Rainbow Dash carefully glided to the front door and knocked a few times. There was no response so she knocked again, louder this time. Again, no response. Instead of knocking on the door again, she simply pushed it open, for once, blessing the fact that Fluttershy never locked her door.

When Rainbow walked inside she was surprised to see Fluttershy up and moving about, no, just pacing. ‘Step, step, step slide.’ Rainbow walked over a look of concern on her face. On closer examination she found that the yellow mare had her eyes closed and was breathing gently.

She must have fallen asleep while pacing. Though Rainbow as she looked on in puzzlement. She saw that the two places on the floor where Fluttershy turned looked shiny, as if they had just been polished. So she’s been doing this for a while. Probably about time she wakes up.

“Fluttershy.” She called gently. This had no effect so she prodded the mare with a hoof. “Fluttershy!”

“Eep.” Said Flutterhsy, her eyelids snapping open. From where she was crouching on the floor, she looked up at Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow? What are you doing here? I-I mean, uh, good morning… um eep.”

Rainbow smiled despite herself. Fluttershy really was adorable. “I just thought I’d drop by for a visit, you haven’t been around much lately. Um, why were you pacing? Is something wrong?”

Fluttershy looked at her feet and mumbled something.

“What was that?” Asked Rainbow dash leaning forward.

“Couldn’t sleep.” Said Flutterhsy, only a little louder.

Rainbow smiled. “Why? Is something troubling you?”

The yellow mare shrugged. “I don’t know. I just felt a little odd,” She lied.

Rainbow frowned but didn’t say anything more on the subject. “Well if you’re alright, do you feel like getting some breakfast? I’m starved.”

Fluttershy smiled brightly. “Oh, I’d love to. How about we go and get something yummy at Sugarcube Corner?”

“That sounds great.”

“Ok, you go ahead. I just need to do a few things here. I’ll meet you there in about fifteen minutes.”

“See you there.” With that Rainbow turned and headed out the door, closing it behind her.

After walking three paces Rainbow Dash came face to face with a grinning pink pony. “Hey Rainbow, what’cha doing?”

“Oh hi Pinkie, I was just visiting Fluttershy.”

Pinkie squinted at Rainbow for a moment, then brightened. “Seems a little early to be going visiting, don’tcha think? Somepony might get the wrong idea. As it so happens, that pony is me. What were you and Flutters doing last night? Was it fun?”

Rainbow felt a slight blush creep on to her face. “Pinkie, really! Me and Fluttershy are just friends.”

Pinkie frowned. “Then what are you doing sleeping on a cloud above her place rather than in the cosy bed at your place?”

The question caught Rainbow off guard. “How do you know where I’m sleeping?”

“Oh, that’s an easy one. I asked the author in my obligatory shattering of the fourth wall, but that’s not important. What is important is that you have a crush on Fluttershy.”

Rainbow was blushing furiously. I do not have a crush on Fluttershy. She thought angrily. She opened her mouth to say so but couldn’t.

She was just about to fly away when Pinkie said. “Oh, hey, Fluttershy.”

“Good morning Pinkie,” said Fluttershy meekly. “I heard voices so I came out to see what was going on. What are you doing here?”

“Well me and Dashie, here, were just talking about her little cr-” Pinkie Pie was cut off by Rainbow sticking a hoof in her mouth.

“Ok then, I have to go feed my animals.” Fluttershy looked confused but such occurrences were common around Pinkie. The yellow mare stretched and headed back inside.

After a few moments Pinkie spat out Rainbows hoof and began to sing. “Rainbow and Fluttershy, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-mmmhhph.” Once again she was muffled by a cyan hoof.

“Just zip, it will you? I have weather patrol. Please don’t say anything to Fluttershy.”

“My, my Dashie, are you saying you do have a little crush?”

“No, and that’s precisely why you’re not to tell her I do.” With that Rainbow flew off.


Flutteshy walked in to her cottage and shut the door behind her. Then, all of a sudden, she was face to face with Pinkie Pie. The pegasus leaped backward. “Eep.”

“Hello again, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy just stared. “But… but… but you’re still out there talking to Rainbow Dash.”

“What’s your point?” said the pink earth pony, bouncing slightly.

“You, um, you, you can’t be out there and in here at the same time, um… physics.” Fluttershy burbled.

“Oh, physics,” said Pinkie Pie dismissively. “Don’t worry about physics, they’re not important. What is important is Rainbow Dash practically sneaking out of your cottage in the wee hours of the morning.” She gave Fluttershy a massive wink. “You two have fun last night?”

Fluttershy blushed at the implication. “Nonononono. She was just visiting, she wanted to get breakfast together.”

“Oh, you have a crush on her too!” Pinkie said, bouncing even higher.

This only turned Fluttershy a deeper shade of red. “Me and Rainbow are just friends, honestly. Wait, what do you mean ‘I have a crush on her too?’ You mean to say that you have a crush on Rainbow?”

Pinkie’s grin couldn’t have gotten any wider. “Ooh, jealous are we? No, I mean she has a crush on you.”

Fluttershy’s jaw dropped. “She told you that?”

The pink earth pony looked a little shifty. “Well what she actually said was more along the lines of, ‘Me and Fluttershy are just friends, I don’t have a crush on her blah, blah, denial, blah, blah.’ Actually, she said pretty much what you said. But when have I ever been wrong before?”

Fluttershy smiled. “Well there was that time you tried to set up Tank and Gummy.”

“That doesn’t count. They were totally in to each other, it’s hardly my fault that they didn’t admit it.”

The yellow pegasus only sighed. There was no point in trying to reason with Pinkie Pie. Pinkie was to reason what a cat is to Olympic swimming.

“Oh! I just remembered! I have a wedding reception to plan!”

Fluttershy was genuinely curious. “Who’s getting married?”

“Why you and Rainbow Dash of course!”

Fluttershy turned a darker shade of crimson. “We aren’t-”

“I know, you silly filly. That wedding reception is a while off yet. Anyway, toodles.” And with that, she vanished.


The sun was high overhead. The weather was pleasantly warm, a perfect day.

Breakfast had been nice, although Rainbow had been able to tell that the yellow pegasus had other things on her mind. They had parted with a brief hug and Rainbow had set out to perform her weather duties.

In the sky, the clouds were vanishing one by one. It wasn’t long before the sky was perfectly clear. That left one cyan pegasus bored and wondering how to spend the rest of her day. She had just decided to take a nap when she heard a voice.

“Hey, Rainbow.”

Rainbow Dash whirled around. “Pinkie? What are you doing up here?”

The pink pony was tied to about ten balloons and was hovering just beside Rainbow Dash.

“Well I was just here to ask if you were nervous about your date tonight.”

“What date?”

Pinkie sighed. “Your date with Fluttershy silly.”

Rainbow blushed. “Not that again, me and Fluttershy are just friends and we are not going on a date.”

The pink earth pony sighed again a little deeper this time. “Look, I’ll make you a deal. If you can look me in the eye and say ‘Fluttershy’ without blushing, grinning, giggling, getting that lovey dovey look in your eye or your pupils dilating then I’ll drop the whole thing and leave you alone. If you do, do any of the things I just said then you will go out with Fluttershy provided I get the same agreement out of her. Deal?”

Rainbow felt a little cornered. If she didn’t agree, Pinkie would keep annoying her. If she did then she might just be in for one very awkward night. “Fine.”

Pinkie squealed with joy and moved over so she was eye to eye with Rainbow Dash, their noses almost touching. “Now say ‘Fluttershy’.”

She tried her best, she really did but when it came time there was an undeniable hint of giggle. “F-Fluttershy.”

Pinkie giggled too. “And you just did all of them so I’m gonna go get Fluttershy to do the same. Bye.” And with that she reached up to her balloons and popped them with a pin.

Rainbow Dash panicked before seeing the falling earth pony’s progress slowed by a parachute that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

Rainbow frowned. All she could hope was that Fluttershy was stronger than she was.


Pinkie had later found Rainbow Dash and explained that Fluttershy failed even worse than she had. And that they were to have their date in a small park as a late night picnic.

“Nopony goes there anymore. Oh and I’ve arranged matters so that it will be quite chilly and neither of you will have jackets.” She said, winking.

So here she sat. On a picnic blanket, next to Fluttershy, very close to Fluttershy, as in, on the same picnic mat with Fluttershy, so close to said Fluttershy that she could reach out with her muzzle and touch the creamy yellow cheek. Not that she'd want to of course. They had eaten in contented silence and were now watching the stars. Despite how she had been baited in to going, Rainbow had quite enjoyed the evening.

Having had such a pleasant night she felt in the mood for a little fun. “Hey, Fluttershy?”

“Yes?”

“How did Pinkie bait you in to coming here tonight?”

The yellow pegasus really was adorable when she blushed. “Well… she… uh… sort of, um, looked at me and I, um, sorta couldn’t help giggling a bit and, uh, maybe blushed a little too.”

Just for the fun of it, Rainbow decided to play dumb. “What do you mean? Why was she looking at you?”

“Well she… she told me to say, uh, something and that if I blushed or did a bunch of other stuff then I had to go on a, um, date… with… you.” She squeaked out the last three words so Rainbow could only just hear them.

She laughed. “You know, this is just like that time she tried to get Tank and Gummy together.”

Fluttershy managed a weak smile. “Yea...” Fluttershy felt a strange mixture of emotions. She felt light headed, her heart fluttered and she felt a little short of breath. “You know, Pinkie told me that they actually did end up together…”

Rainbow looked at her hooves for a moment. “Oh. I suppose Pinkie can be a pretty good matchmaker sometimes…”

Fluttershy blushed. “Sometimes…”

They watched the stars for a while longer. Fluttershy shivered. It really shouldn’t be this cold given the time of year.

Pinkie Pie sat in the bushes, controlling the cold spell that she had found in a book of magic for earth ponies. She wondered if snow would be overkill and decided that it probably would be.

“You cold, Shy?” She nodded. Rainbow sighed, but reasoned that what she was thinking about doing was probably an ok thing for friends to do. She slid closer and draped a wing over Fluttershy. “Better?”

Eyes wide, Fluttershy nodded.

Still in the bushes, Pinkie Pie was grinning hugely. “That’s it, little closer, little closer…” she muttered to herself.”

The two sat and watched the stars. After a while Rainbow felt her eyelids drooping. “We should head home.” She said, quietly.

“Yea…” Fluttershy sounded as exhausted as Rainbow felt.

“I’ll walk you home. You sound tired.”

By the time they reached Fluttershy’s small cottage, the yellow mare was too tired to notice that, instead of heading back in the direction of her home in the clouds, Rainbow just flew straight up.


Rainbow woke on her cloud the next morning and was not entirely surprised to be face to face with Pinkie Pie. “Good morning! You and Flutters have a good snuggle last night? It was nothing as intense as I’d hoped but still, progress, definitely progress.”

“I don’t suppose that, if I asked you how you knew… what happened, that you would tell me the truth would you?”

“No, probably not. Anyway, I was thinking I could arrange another date for you two love birds in, say, three days-time, how does that sound?”

“Absolutely not. You said you would drop it if I went on one date.”

Pinkie giggled. “Silly filly, that’s not what I said. I said that if you could prove to me that you weren’t in to that sexy little yellow pegasus down there, by not reacting when you said her name, then I would drop it.”

Pinkie!” Rainbow shouted, appalled.

“Sorry, sorry, just trying to get you in to the right frame of mind. Don’t look at me like that, I’ve seen the way you look at her.”

Rainbow was turning more and more crimson by the second. In truth, she had caught herself looking at Fluttershy a few times in a very non-platonic way, but had always wrenched her gaze away. She hadn’t been aware that anypony had actually seen her doing it.

“Look, what will it take to make you drop this?”

The pink earth pony grinned a wicked grin. “Give her a big, long, wet kiss on the lips and trot off together to some place private.”

“Pinkie!”

“Or you could just admit that you have feelings for her and accept the help of aunty Pinkie Pie.”

“Never.”

“Ok then, how about this: you just admit that there may be something there and that, if she flung herself at you and told you that all she ever wanted was to have you for a filly friend, you would totally accept and you two would be the cutest couple in Ponyvile.”

Rainbow felt something in her heart twinge. She sighed and slumped. “Fine, if Fluttershy came up to me and asked me to be her very special somepony, I would accept. But that isn’t going to happen and now you have to drop it.”

“On the contrary dear, Dashie, this just means I have to go and get the same agreement out of her. See’ya.”

Rainbow didn’t even flinch when Pinkie reached up and popped the balloons that were holding her in the air. She was too frustrated.

Rainbow pondered what the pink earth pony had said for quite some time. Pinkie had made her confess that she did have a crush on Fluttershy. That left her with a problem and it was one she flatly refused to allow Pinkie to solve.

She stood up, struck with mad inspiration. If she did have a crush on Fluttershy then there was nothing stopping her from taking the initiative. It was a crazy, insane and reckless plan. Good, that was just the way Rainbow liked it. She jumped off the cloud and started to plummet towards the ground. She was only seven feet from a very messy end when she snapped her wings out and turned all the speed she had created falling in to parallel motion. She rocketed away at breakneck pace towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

It was quite a peaceful day on the outskirts of Ponyvile. Fluttershy was pottering around her garden, watering the plants. There were quite a few things that could cause Fluttershy alarm, one time she had felt a leaf on her rear end and panicked, thinking it was something nasty. Or there was that other time she had found a mysterious patch of dark ground following her and had tried desperately to rid herself of the thing before realising it was her shadow. There were many things that had the potential to alarm her which hadn’t even gotten the chance to try yet, such as a breeze blowing a door shut, or a book randomly falling of a shelf and landing on her head… or a cyan maniac smashing through her garden gate and colliding with her at nearly the speed of sound. That would do it, every time.

“R-Rainbow Dash! What do you think you’re doing?”

Picking herself up as though nothing had happened, Rainbow walked over and helped Fluttershy up. “Well hi there, Shy. Fancy meeting you here.”

“Um, this is my cottage.”

Rainbow looked around as though she hadn’t previously had the faintest idea where she was. “So it is. Um, look, Shy, I think Pinkie may be right about us. Well, what I mean to say is, um, I know she’s right about me. I-I hope she was right about you too.”

Fluttershy looked stunned, surprised, confused, bewildered, shocked, alarmed and just a little astounded. “Say that again would you? Clearer this time?”

Rainbow took a deep breath. “IhaveacrushonyouandireallyhopeyoulikemetoobecausePinkie’sgoingtokeepinterfearingregardlessofweatherweenduptogetherornotandalsobecauseyouaresupercuteandI’dreallylikeyouasmyveryspecialsomepony.”

“Um, would you mind repeating that? I didn’t quite catch all of it.”

Rainbow sighed. “Copy, paste and use the space bar once in a word document to break it up.”

Fluttershy stood still for a moment, her lips moving. Then comprehension dawned and she blushed a little. “You- you have a crush on me?”

“Um, yea.”

Fluttershy squealed with delight and said. “I like you too, Dashie.”

And then she was kissing Rainbow who squeaked and then, without meaning to, she was returning the kiss. It lasted for a blissful couple of seconds before they broke apart to catch their breath. They were both blushing but smiling none the less.
After a moment Rainbow broke the silence. “What do you know, Pinkie was right.”

Fluttershy giggled and then they were kissing again, more passionately this time
After they broke apart, Rainbow draped a loving wing over her new filly friend. As they snuggled closer Rainbow Dash made a mental note to thank Pinkie. Oh, and I must congratulate Tank on getting together with Gummy.


Pinkie was standing in front of Fluttershy’s cottage where she had been told to wait. The sun was just setting for the night. She had been overjoyed when she found out that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had, in her words, ‘Hooked up.’ Then the new couple had told her that they had a surprise for her.

After only a few moments, three ponies walked out of the cottage.

“Hey, Twilight! What are you doing here?”

Rainbow grinned wickedly. “You two have both been set up on a blind date.”

Twilight blushed but didn’t protest.

Fluttershy was standing close to Rainbow. “Since you got to play matchmaker, we figured it was our turn.”

“But-but…”

“Oh come on Pinkie, it’ll be fun,” said Twilight, still blushing.

Relenting, Pinkie walked over to Twilight and extended a hoof. The two walked off together towards the same park that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had been to on their first date. It would probably still be a little chilly… perfect.

The end.


Authors notes: Sorry it took so long to get this up but I've been a little distracted as of late. I had the idea for this story late one night when I had insomnia and this sort of just popped in to my head. I hope you like it and before anyone asks, yes I do support Twinkie but not half as much as I love Flutterdash. (Great big thanks to CIcatrix for helping me with my endless mistakes.)

Comments ( 29 )

It's nice. Could use some indentation, and there's the odd spelling error, but they're hardly noticeable.

Since I have a talent for finding spelling errors apparently, I'll note a few.

Whenever Fluttershy ran it to her she seemed kind of hopeful and shy at the same time

It should be in

also there's a couple of cases where fluttershy is spelled flutterhsy, and one case where stares should be spelled stars

Anyway, an excellent story, though I think Pinkie may have broken the fourth wall a little too hard.

1542674 Glad you liked it. :twilightsmile:

1542853 Thank you. :pinkiehappy: Pinkie Pie can never break the fourth wall too hard :pinkiecrazy:

Even Pinkie knows Flutterdash is best ship.

1546215 What can I say? She's got a knack for that sort of thing. :pinkiehappy: Although I must admit this story made me wonder where a Gummy Tank ship could go... when I read Living In The Present, Hoping For The Future, I kinda half thought that might be where it was going. :derpytongue2:

1546237
Personally I would find it hilarious if Spike was shipped with one of the pets.

1546286 That would be funny but it's never really made clear if he would be able to talk to them and understand them... oh well! All we need is a little Twilight-magicy-zap-zap and that would be one hell of a story. :derpytongue2:

>w<! Cute and funny. Very nice little story. :3

1551571 Absolutely! Pinkie Pie didn't even attempt to make sense in this story! :pinkiehappy:

So, I saw this yesterday. But it was late at night. For some reason when it's late at night I'm extra nit-picky. But my dad turned off the internet somewhere in the middle of it, and then went to sleep. So I didn't get to comment. But now I am. :pinkiesmile:
Now, I had something more intelligent to say last night, but I forgot. :ajbemused: Whatever, I'll try.
Sooooooooooooo, another story. And it's epic! No shocker there :raritywink:. Anyway, love the Pinkie. Disregarding the laws of physics while trying to hook her friends up. Just an average day. And I need to read the story where she tried to get Tank and Gummy together.
Really awesome, as per usual. I really have nothing else profound to say, so I'll head into the time-honoured tradition of CORRECTIONS!
Did I mention that I get really nit-picky at night? :twilightblush: I actually devised I system to separate the corrections, so I'll post them in another comment. :scootangel:

1555702 Thank you. :twilightsmile: I'm really glad you liked it. As for the Tank Gummy story... well, I might get around to writing it one day.

I'm glad, I need nit picky people, they're the ones who find the most mistakes. :pinkiehappy:

TIME FOR CORRECTIONS! Corrections that I made late at night in OCD mode, some of which I don't even really see as that important anymore. But I'm too lazy to sift through them, so you're getting them all. And look at my new system! Isn't it pretty? I'm dividing them up by issue. If something has more than one issue, both issues will be addressed in the first section it falls into. It won't appear in the section for its other issue if it has already appeared once. Now, GO:
Section 1: Capitalization.

“Hey rainbow, what’cha doing?”

Pinkie squinted at rainbow for a moment then brightened.

“Me and rainbow are just friends, honestly.

Rainbow Dash demands her name be capitalized! :rainbowdetermined2: Also, for the second one, I recommend putting a comma before "then". Pinkie squinted at rainbow for a moment, then brightened.

If she didn’t agree then pinkie would keep annoying her but if she did then she might just be in for one very awkward night.

Pinkie wants her name capitalized too! :pinkiesmile: I also suggest that you break the sentence up more. Maybe make it two sentences? And perhaps get rid of the word "then" and replace if with a comma. If she didn’t agree, Pinkie would keep annoying her. But if she did then she might just be in for one very awkward night.

“No. and that’s precisely why you’re not to tell her I do.”

The first period should either be changed to a comma, or the word "and" should be capitalized.

“On the contrary dear, Dashie, this just means I have to go and get the same agreement out of her. see’ya.”

See'ya has gotta be capitalized.

“IhaveacrushonyouandireallyhopeyoulikemetoobecausePInkie’sgoingtokeepinterfearingregardlessofweatherweenduptogetherornotandalsobecauseyouaresupercuteandI’dreallylikeyouasmyveryspecialsomepony.”

Yes, I'm looking at your one word sentence. :trixieshiftright: Looks like someone pressed the shift key for too long, since Pinkie's name has the first two letters capitalized.

Oh, and I must congratulate tank on getting together with gummy.

Even Tank and Gummy want their names capitalized! :pinkiehappy:

Pinkie had later found Rainbow Dash and Explained that Flutterhsy failed even worse than she had.

The word "explained" shouldn't be capitalized. Also, you put the h before the s in Fluttershy's name. Which leads us to Section 2...
Section 2: Flutterhsy

Just zip it will you? I have weather patrol. Please don’t say anything to Flutterhsy.”

“Hello again, Flutterhsy.”

“Hey Flutterhsy?”

:fluttercry::Um... my name is Fluttershy. Heh. You kept spelling Fluttershy like Flutterhsy. Gotta watch out for that one. Also, the first one should have a comma in the first sentence. Just zip it, will you?
Section 3: Dialogue ending:
So, I think I read somewhere that if the statement would normally end in a period, and the speaker is identified after it's said without an action in place, it should now end with a comma. But there were a couple of times where you had sentence using that format, but ended it with a period.

“Good morning Pinkie.” Said Fluttershy meekly.

According the those rules it should be “Good morning Pinkie,” said Fluttershy meekly.

“Oh physics.” Said Pinkie Pie dismissively.

Same rule. Plus, I think it would work better if there was a comma after the word "oh". “Oh, physics,” said Pinkie Pie dismissively.

“Oh you have a crush on her too.” Said Pinkie bouncing even higher.

If that was supposed to be a question, it should have a question mark. Otherwise, I think it would fit Pinkie better if an exclamation mark was used. And perhaps a comma after oh. And a comma before bouncing. But then it might be better is the word Pinkiewas before said. So: “Oh, you have a crush on her too!/?Pinkie said, bouncing even higher. If you want, you could change said to another word, but that's not necessarily necessary. I've always wanted to say "necessarily necessary". :pinkiehappy:

“Oh come on Pinkie, it’ll be fun.” Said Twilight, still blushing.

“Oh come on Pinkie, it’ll be fun,” said Twilight, still blushing.
Section 4: Sentence Flow (Mostly IMO)
Most of the things mentioned in this section can be to replied to with the statement "That's just, like, your opinion, man". :unsuresweetie: That being said, I'm still gonna mention them, since I think some sentences could sound better.

Um why were you pacing?

A comma after Um?

“Well if you’re alright then do you feel like getting some breakfast?

Maybe take out the then and replace it with a comma. “Well if you’re alright, do you feel like getting some breakfast?

“Seems a little early to be going visiting don’tcha think?

A comma after visiting?

“Oh, that’s an easy one. I asked the author in my obligatory shattering of the fourth wall but that’s not important.

The second sentence is kinda run-on. You could try splitting it into two. I asked the author in my obligatory shattering of the fourth wall. But that’s not important. Or maybe add a comma there. I asked the author in my obligatory shattering of the fourth wall, but that’s not important.

“Don’t worry about physics, they’re not important, what is important is Rainbow Dash practically sneaking out of your cottage in the wee hours of the morning.”

I think the second comma should be a period instead. “Don’t worry about physics, they’re not important. What is important is Rainbow Dash practically sneaking out of your cottage in the wee hours of the morning.”

“Ooh jealous are we? No I mean she has a crush on you.”

Could use a comma after jealous. Maybe after after no. So, something like: “Ooh, jealous are we? No, I mean she has a crush on you.”

Actually she said pretty much what you said.

A comma after actually?

"Why you and Rainbow Dash of course.”

I think there should be a comma after why. Also, perhaps consider an exclamation mark instead of a period. I think it would Pinkie better in this situation. "Why, you and Rainbow Dash of course!

Breakfast had been nice although Rainbow had been able to tell that the yellow pegasus, had other things on her mind.

There probably shouldn't be a comma after pegasus, but there should be one after nice. Breakfast had been nice, although Rainbow had been able to tell that the yellow pegasus had other things on her mind.

It wasn’t long before the sky was perfectly clear and one cyan pegasus was bored and wondering how to spend the rest of her day.

Seems kinda run-on. Try: It wasn’t long before the sky was perfectly clear. That left one cyan pegasus was bored and wondering how to spend the rest of her day.

Rainbow sighed but reasoned that what she was thinking was probably an ok thing for friends to do.

A comma after sighed?

… or a cyan maniac smashing through her garden gate and colliding with her at nearly the speed of sound, that would do it, every time.

Try a period instead of the first comma. Also, dunno if there should be a space after the ellipsis. …or a cyan maniac smashing through her garden gate and colliding with her at nearly the speed of sound. That would do it, every time.

I ran out of space during Section 5, so I'll post that with a new post.

Continuation!
Section 5: Other

“ I heard voices so I came out to see what was going on.

Shouldn't have a space after the quotation mark.

They had eaten in contented silence and were now watching the stares.

Not sure if ponies were actually staring at them, or typo. :derpytongue2: I think you meant stars.

Rainbow just flew strait up.

I have a funny story about this! If you want to read it, go ahead. If not, you look at the correction.
So, anyway. I was pretty sure you meant straight instead of strait, but I couldn't google it because my internet wasn't working. So, I checked my dictionary. I was flipping through the pages, but being my immature self, I got distracted by a certain word that starts with an s and ends with an x. :scootangel: Then, I found a typo in the dictionary! The sentence said: the state of being mal e or female. Mal e. MAL E! Hah! Everyone was asleep, so I couldn't show them. But even if they were awake, I still couldn't tell them, because of the word it was under. :rainbowlaugh: Regardless, I still showed my sister today. ANYWAY, yeah, it should be straight.
Rainbow just flew straight up.

I said that if you could prove to me that you weren’t in to that sexy little yellow pegasus down there, by not reacting when you said her name, then would drop it.”

Should have a the word I after would. Dunno if in to should be into or not, so eh.
then I would drop it.”

In truth, she had caught herself looking at Fluttershy a few times in a very non platonic way but had always wrenched her gaze away.

Google tells me the word non-platonic should have a hyphen. But it always says it can be two words. So it doesn't matter. I'm just posting it anyway to try and make up for my mistake. THIS SHOULD BE IN SECTION 4! :fluttershbad: And I can't edit my old post to add it there because I'm pretty sure there isn't enough space. Even if they were, it would mean I would have to stop writing this. Sure, I could copy and paste. But that would mean I couldn't copy and paste the sentence without losing this all. Either way, YOU GOT THE EMAIL! YOU WOULD FOREVER KNOW OF MY MISTAKE ANYWAY! Hey, I should probably get to the point right about now. Yeah, so, anyway you should consider adding a comma after way. In truth, she had caught herself looking at Fluttershy a few times in a very non platonic way, but had always wrenched her gaze away.

That's all I got. BASK IN THE GLORY OF MY NEW SYSTEM! :pinkiecrazy: Also, I lied. I found either two or three of them to be completely unnecessary, and so they weren't put in these posts. And sorry for the loooong time I took to get around to posting these. My family kept yelling at me to do stuff, and kept getting distracted by ponies. :fluttershbad: I didn't even go other parts of FiMFiction, but the ponies are EVERYWHERE, man! Also, I had to format this and type it all up. Sorry! I promise I won't do this next time!
Anyway, obligatory :twilightsmile:. I usually add either :raritywink: or :twilightsmile: after giving anyone edits, because without them I seem harsher. I don't want to seem rude or mean, I truly like their fics! I just want to help! And those two are the most fitting. Maybe I could start using :pinkiesmile:. I wish there were a fitting RD emoticon, 'cause RD is best pony. :rainbowdetermined2: Anyway, :twilightsmile:. Also, :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

1557097
1557268 You're awesome! Just have to get that out of the way right now. :twilightsmile: Thank you for all the help with that. you were right on pretty much everything. Funny story by the way. :pinkiehappy: Also, I apologise to FlutterSHY for constantly misspelling her name. I tend to type too fast and I always seem to hit the h before the s. :fluttercry: Oh well. Thanks again. :pinkiesmile:

(Additional note on the whole Flutterhsy thing: I've set word's auto-correct to change Flutterhsy to Fluttershy, should it ever come up, so hopefully you will never see that mistake again.)

1557434 Well, thank you! :pinkiehappy: I think that you're pretty awesome too! And I believe Fluttershy will approve of your new methods.:yay:
Almost forgot: Adding to this to the FlutterDash folder in the Shipping Group!
Random Observation! Did you know that every member of the mane six have six emoticons on FiMFiction EXCEPT Rarity and Applejack?
It's a conspiracy :twilightoops:

1557592 That's only because the other four emoticons feature them doing things that it's not appropriate for everypony to see them doing. :raritywink: (Yes I ship Rarijack.)

1557666 Rarijack? Good. I approve. But Flutterdash is better. I also believe that that is a feasible theory on why Applejack and Rarity have one less than the rest...
To the Fanfic-Mobile! AWAY!
Oh wait, there are already fanfics for that. :twilightblush:

is pinkie blind?
how can she not see appledash?!

1578737 Because she is under the command of the most crazy insane Flutterdash shipper there is. :twilightsmile:

oh that sounds adroable, a pinkie pie date

TAMMY IS BEST SHIP! :rainbowlaugh:

But for all seriousness, this was really cute! ^^
not to mention I always like to see some Twipie and Rarijack in my Flutterdash :raritywink:

1557097
Sorry, but some of your suggestions are incorrect, or at the least, very questionable. I pointed out the ones that really grate on my nerves. Actually, it's just one and involves the word "but". Much less fun than "butt" =(

>If she didn’t agree, Pinkie would keep annoying her. But if she did then she might just be in for one very awkward night.
Negative, Ghostrider. That ends up with you starting a sentence with a conjunction. Use a comma before the "but". You also should have a comma before "then" as that's still a dependent clause preceding its independent clause.
[youtube=ODGA7ssL-6g]

> You could try splitting it into two. I asked the author in my obligatory shattering of the fourth wall. But that’s not important.
You really like suggesting people abuse conjunctions, huh? At least this time you said put a comma there as an option. That really should be the default response. If you see a "but" and there isn't a comma in front of it, odds are good there should be.

>

Rainbow sighed but reasoned that what she was thinking was probably an ok thing for friends to do.

A comma after sighed?
Yes. A comma before "but" is pretty much the rule. Also, "okay" not "ok".

This has been a late-night, drunken, OCD fueled nitpick.

/Basic rule is never start a sentence with a conjunction
//But you can ignore these rules in dialogue
///Which is why I didn't get onto you for starting a sentence with "And"
////Also, very close in 3rd person pov
/////Or first person
//////SLASHIES

1672362 I've never really been much good with the whole "but can act as a comma" rules as they don't seem terribly consistent as they were explained to me. I'm not sure I understood correctly but the way one of my English teachers explained it, it sounded like "but" can act as a comma. I'm not, on the whole, very good with commas at any rate but I will look in to it.

1667809 Don't know what Tammy is. :rainbowhuh:

Anyhow, glad you liked it. I do love to put a little Twipie and Rarijack in to everything. Rarijack is just so cute (though not as cute as Flutterdash of course.) :twilightsmile:

1676500

Of course! :yay:

Tammy was Tank + Gummy, I was being silly :derpytongue2:

1676680 Ooooohhhhhh :facehoof: gotcha. I like this ship name, I HATH DECREED IT A KEEPER. :pinkiehappy: Who knows, one day I might actually write that story. :twilightsmile:

May I have your permission to edit this story? I can help fix a few of the grammar issues to polish up the prose =3.

OMG!!!! U SHIP EVERYONE I SHIP!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one!!!!! :pinkiegasp: :pinkiehappy:
FLUTTERDASH4LIFE!!! :yay::heart::rainbowdetermined2:

1578737
Then there wouldn't be Flutterdash!! :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment